Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 33

Author Topic: Godhood III Play Thread  (Read 38727 times)

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Godhood III Play Thread
« Reply #390 on: November 28, 2010, 01:42:17 pm »

"Very well. I will not try to stop you. I would request that at least some of the mages stay here. We cannot afford the possibility of some godly act striking them all. In this particular case, the more spread out they are the easier these mages will be to defend."
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: November 28, 2010, 01:46:54 pm »

Success.

Eowel hadn't been expecting success this quickly. But he decided quickly to not ponder the miracle, lest it slip away. He slowly picked up the figurine and backed out of the room.

He hoped the thing wouldn't eat more than was needed. He did have a people to feed. But beyond keeping their bellies full was keeping them alive, and to that end he could give away some luxuries.

Survival was paramount, he thought as he scooped up the Godblade and went back on watch.

Eowel sees success in his attempt to befriend the Murr around Drywall.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: November 28, 2010, 01:50:17 pm »

Spoiler: color (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: No_Color (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: November 28, 2010, 02:16:01 pm »

"Oh, do not worry about us being forgotten. I will leave the direct management of the mages to you, while I work to ensure that magic is known to all as a powerful and useful force."

Endras bowed slightly before vanishing to return to his new shop.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: November 29, 2010, 09:57:57 am »

'They... questioned you?' Ghuran whispered, seemingly to himself. He turned away from Gernad, striding back to the crowd. The rat-being went over to the dying warrior, but Ghuran ignored him. Spies for the enemy. He should've guessed it. What were they dealing with here? Would their gathered forces be enough?

'Chieftain?' a warrior from the crowd asked. They were ready for combat but hesitant, waiting for his order. They were good men, skilled fighters and loyal servants. Chosen did not flee, Chosen did not stand down. And yet some had, fleeing in terror from the creatures of the villagers. The bodies scattered around the village showed most had died a more noble death, which warmed his heart. No, they would have no trouble with these humans and their pets.

'Kill them. Kill them all.' Ghuran snarled, gripping the Scepter tighter. The Chosen cheered, and, as one, sprang into motion, rushing towards the Murr with death on their minds.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: November 30, 2010, 10:21:53 am »

Smalleye as the supposed leader was cut down first. The Leader of the Chosen cracked his head with a scepter like an egg.

Immediately the Murr scattered between the Chosen brandishing small daggers,shortswords and similiar weapons.

Greeneye was hamstringing 2 Chosen simultaneously before barely escaping a blow from a large club. Although the Murr weren't strong nor large, they were amazingly fast and scurried between the rather clumsy Chosen, hamstringing them or jumping on their necks and stabbing into it. Molegut had gathered three or four Murr around himself and tried to breach through the thin circle of Chosen. Using his rusted iron sword, he parried a massive blow from a quite largish Chosen before 2 Murr were jumping on its back holding themselves on it only by the daggers which were embedded into it. His search for the next enemy was interrupted as Ghuran crushed the 2 bodyguards of Molegut in one blow. Although he knew that he had no chance Molegut offered a prayer to the Maw and jumped towards Ghuran aiming for his eye...

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: December 01, 2010, 05:42:51 am »

Months ago...

"Bloody humans, thinking they're so tough."  Rust pressed the cold wet rag of fur to his eye, willing the chill to take the edge off the pain.  He had taken to muttering to himself when alone, a habit born of years of semi-solitude.  "Insult my mother, will you?  Yeah, let's see how well you manage whilst your jaw's setting."  Rust tried to stand, but his ribs twinged and he let himself settle back down on the window ledge.  A hundred foot drop awaited him on the other side, but Rust's sense of balance was impeccable.  If his sense of timing or diplomacy had been half as good, he probably would not have been nursing his bruises in an unused chamber in the Tower.

That was one of the many things that pissed Rust off; the Tower was easily built for thousands, for many many villages all humped together, but its entire population consisted of less than a few score mages and the Cat.  For some utterly absurd reason a small wild cat had wandered into the premises and, ascertaining that none of the inhabitants would do it harm, let loose upon the vermin that kept plaguing the food stores and acted as if it owned the place.  As far as Rust could tell, the Archmage's only response to the affair was mild amusement.  At one point, the Cat briefly tried stalking the sole Murr of the tower, who soon made it very clear to the interloper who was in charge.

Strange felines aside, the vast majority of the Tower was empty.  Most people lived in the lower floors, which was certainly where all classes and training was conducted and where they ate and cooked.  Stored food was kept on the third floor out of the way (but until the Cat arrived the rats still managed to get up there) and much of the day was spent tilling the gardens when not practising magic.  Rust hated the gardens.  He hated dragging sticks of wood through soil to plough it, he hated sticking roots and seeds beneath it and he hated tending it throughout the year.  Most of all, he absolutely hated the vegetables it produced.  Along with the other Northren, he had taken to hunting the forest on the edge of the plain for meat to supplement the endless monotony of tubers and greens.

With not a small amount of pride, Rust did consider himself one of the best hunters amongst the students, at least in traditional forms.  He could take down a groundbeast at a hundred paces with a spear, even through thick canopy, and could skin, gut and clean it in less than half an hour.  When he was younger, when he still frequented the north, his clan had high hopes for him as a hunter.  If he closed his eyes Rust could still remember the chill of the tundra, a welcome contrast to the everpresent itching and heat of the South.  He could still feel the crunch of snow and frozen earth beneath his feet, stalking through the taiga with his family in pursuit of an elusive elk.  Before it he could still hear the song of the Dirk Dancer, see her motions quick and slow, quick and slow as she sang the tale of the Frostlord and the first Northren. 
There was a rite his clan had performed sometimes, usually before a great hunt, or when a Dancer was around to conduct it.  They would gather fresh snow or if it was summer, bring some out of the dark places they hid ice throughout the year, covered in furs to keep it warm.  On the ice or snow they would build twigs, from the twigs they would light the fire.  They would sing songs to Winter, and to Fire, and beneath the blood-streaked sky of the North they would roast wolf-flesh in the flames, commemorating the union of the Wolflord and the Sun.  If the Dancer was there, she would sometimes extend the rite, having each northren sharpen his blade or spear in time to one of the old songs.  They would ask the blessing of the Hunter, the Master of Knives, and plunge their blades into the flame that roasted.  Flint might be darkened, and fresh speartips would harden in the flame.

With this reminiscence on his mind, Rust drew his own knife from its sheath.  The blade gleamed from regular care, cleaned and polished and rubbed down with fresh fat to guard against corrosion.  Before the hunt he would plunge his own blade into the flames and sometimes the Hunter would acknowledge his tribute, green flames licking here and there from the knife.  Whenever this happened, Rust felt a thrill and confidence in the hunt thereafter that he might not otherwise and always seemed to catch, even if it was only the smallest rodent.  When a hunt was done a portion of a successful kill would be sacrificed once again to the Frostlord and the Flame, and Rust would always add a minor honour of his own to the Hunter.

Not that his skills were much called for now.  The humans in the Tower had gotten wind of the hunt and tried their own hand at gaining meat.  Seeing their efforts with the spear and blade fail, they turned to magic.  The Archmage was upon every hunter at that point, having been informed wrongly that they were all doing it, and the hunt was banned for nearly a month before one of the humans argued that it could not qualify as 'doing harm' any more than the Cat's own stalking of rats.  No thinking creature was harmed, and it was a fine use of a tool.  The Archmage refused to let up on his decision, but he allowed mundane hunting to resume.

This ultimately was the loophole that led to the fights starting.  Rust and his fellow northren resumed hunting, and the humans (quite wanting meat of their own) attempted to follow suit.  Rust still felt quite justified in pointing out the humans' flaws in their technique.  If they wouldn't listen to criticism, what kind of hunters would they make anyway?  Besides, they should not have taken everything so personally, would it have killed them to grow thicker skins?  Of course they didn't, so they started back with the retort that the northren weren't as good with magic, and being the whole point of everyone being here they said that this was an even greater failure.

Somewhere amongst the escalation, Rust vaguely recalled the first punch being thrown but couldn't actually remember who had thrown it.  Soon enough both hunting parties had broken down into full-out fighting and it was a miracle that nobody had been stupid enough to try and draw a weapon.  The fight was broken up by some of the more level-headed members of both sides and they had withdrawn, starting a bitter rivalry that would persist for months.  Of course, the Archmage had punished both sides severely with additional labour and a handful of more corporal punishments, but because they had not actually broken any of the laws of magic they were all permitted to stay.

The rivalry persisted, Rust's 'clan' and the human would-be hunters raging against each other in argument, in training and in a furious desire to out-pace or out-show the other.  Were this directed in a more peaceful manner the ensuing commitment of both sides to their studies would have been a spectacular thing, but with tensions continuing to grow this came to threaten war between the students.  Today part of that tension had boiled off in the form of the brawl in the forest, but Rust supposed it was only a matter of time before the Archmage might be forced to expel one of the sides for the sake of maintaining order.  Being a human himself, Rust doubted that Garthor would rid the Tower of his own kind.

It was amidst this stew of violent memory that Rust first noticed the spider.  It was of a kind he did not recognise, though that was not surprising.  The North had spiders, but very few and of small stature due to the cold.  This one was about two inches long, black with red stripes.  It perched on the window ledge opposite, and Rust could have sword it was looking at him.  Being in a somewhat choleric mood, he stretched out his hand and pressed forefinger to thumb in preparation to flick it through the window.

"You value your hand so little?"

Rust leapt to his feet, snatching back his arm and staring in shock at the tiny creature.  He glanced back at the room, trying to hear if this was some kind of trick, a ploy by the humans.  Seeing and hearing no other and given that the spider spoke northren, not the human tongue that persisted in the Tower, he was forced to look back at the spider.  For want of a better response, he went for the obvious.

"Did you- Spider, did you just talk?"

"No, I sang and did a little dance.  Of course I talked, who else could it have been?"  The voice rang out in Rust's head, clear as daylight and sounding just a little annoyed.  "Pardon me, I thought I was talking to Rust, son of Scar, not a witless moron.  Perhaps you could direct me to him?"

In an instant, Rust's hand was raised again.

"Speak to me like that again and you'll find out what it's like to be paste, talking or no!"  Although it was utterly impossible for a spider to manage, the voice in Rust's head snorted.

"So little self-control.  What would your father think?"

"My father's dead."  Rust found himself fighting a battle between the urge to crush this annoying arachnid and the fear of what it might do to him if he tried.

"And you never did find his killer.  That is why you left, isn't it?"

Rust lowered his hand, the prospect of killing the spider growing increasingly uncertain.

"What do you want of me, Spider?  Have you a purpose, or do you just feel like taunting people?"

"I want to make you an offer.  I can teach you of magic, Rust.  Things that your masters will not."

"Rune magic is forbidden."  The flicker of curiosity that had begun to form in Rust's eyes was replaced by hard determination.  "And I'm not foolish enough to try and practise it.  You must think me some kind of ignorant fool."

"Why must you instantly assume that this is all going to be about forbidden knowledge?"  Rust could almost hear the spider groan.  "Is it not possible that there are simply means that the magi are unaware of?"

"You're a talking spider.  What honestly makes you think I should believe you can teach me magic that the archmage of the Tower of the Magi can't?"

"Ragnal was a talking bird, and he taught the archmage.  Is my point clear?"

Rust considered this for a moment.  It made sense.

"Alright, say you can teach me.  Why would I want to know anything you can offer, and what exactly would you be demanding as payment?"

"For my first offer, you already know how that knowledge could aid you.  For months your rivals have been showing you up, disgracing your name and rubbing in your face the natural human talent for magic.  The Archmage is human, Dordrath was human.  Every powerful mage has been human, so wouldn't it be worth the look on their faces for a northren to come up with a new form of magic?"

"It would," Rust admitted, and felt a smile tug at the edges of his lips.  It vanished almost instantly as the natural suspicion that had kept his kind alive in the most extreme of environments resurfaced.  "But if this was such a good deal, you'd be proposing it to the Archmage, not a northren apprentice who does have that 'human talent' you mentioned.  So why me, Spider?"

"Perhaps I like your trusting nature and pleasant attitude towards others," said the spider, and somehow it managed to laugh.  "No, I am proposing it to you because the Archmage will reject it out of hand simply because it is not being offered by his precious gods of magic.  He doesn't exactly think outside his rules, does he?"  Rust snorted at the notion.

"No, he does not.  You said that was your first offer, what else would you give me?"

"The identity of your father's killer."

The silence that ensued could have choked a man, and before it could Rust realised that part of it was because he had stopped breathing.  He let his lungs relax again, and his eyes narrowed with a murderous threat.

"Don't play with me, Spider."

"I am not.  I know who killed your father, Rust.  When you have completed what I ask of you, I will reveal that person's identity.  You may use that knowledge as you see fit."

Silence again.  Rust unballed his fists.

"What would you ask of me, Spider?"

"Do not reveal the nature of this magic until you have perfected it, and teach no less than seven students of your own.  Once that is done, you are free to do as you will."

Rust thought on the matter.  The spider was bad news, certainly, and withholding knowledge even to release it later bordered on breaking one of the Laws... but he had to know.  He had to know who did it.

"Alright.  What will you teach me, Spider?"

"I will teach you new magic.  I will teach you the magic of Blood."
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: December 01, 2010, 11:52:11 am »

"Ahh, Kastheen, you're just in time. Please, join us."

As the other gods approached, Phera reclaimed her throne, steepling her fingers.

"Our world is changing, brothers, at an ever-accelerating rate. Mortals grow, expand, invent, create..." her face darkened slightly, "...and destroy. While we have done our best to provide for them, many of our siblings' creations know no restraint, or have lost sight of it; as they expand outside their means, they ravage their environs, and steal from and slay their neighbors.

Unfortunately, this strife is of little surprise by itself. What is of concern, however, is that our brothers are interfering more and more in mortal conflict- you are aware, I'm sure, of the Lords of Hunger and War? It is certain they will seek only to exacerbate these conflicts, and others shall oppose them to defend their creations."

She sighed, casting her gaze at each of her siblings in turn. "This escalation, if left unchecked, will be cataclysmic. That is why I have called you here- we must join together to protect this realm as it's guardians and guides, as is our responsibility."

"To that end,"
she said, sweeping one arm out to indicate the field of clouds that surrounded them, "The canvas on which shall be founded the kingdom of light, as a stronghold from which to observe and protect Creation. While I could have built it up on my own, I wish to collaborate- each of you has something which they might contribute to our alliance, which our place of administration should reflect.

I would go on, but I shan't impose; what are your thoughts on the matter?"
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: December 02, 2010, 01:43:42 pm »

Confusion and amusement were clear on Amparos' face when he spoke.

'I am not sure I understand, sister. Why not let our brothers have their fun? I must admit I have not paid much attention to the world of mortals, but they are still thriving, are they not?' He paused, leaning forward. 'I do not think there is any need to 'protect' them.'
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: December 03, 2010, 09:39:52 am »

They had run for the security of the Guts and collapsed the entrance behind them. Greeneye was barely breathing at all, another two of the Murr who made it died from the loss of blood. Of the 30 Murr only 5 had survived the carnage at the field. Molegut has gone unconscious and so it had fallen to Needles to lead the small group and care for the wounded which was virtually everybody. His own left hind-paw was broken, but otherwise he was in the best condition in the group. Molegut had attacked the leader of the fishpeople and managed to pierce its eye before it's scepter hit him straight in the side. It wasn't looking very good: his ribs were broken,he was bleeding profusely and he was fading in and out of consciousness. Greeneye had been hit by a spear right through his chest and Nedles barely managed to stop the bleeding. Of the other two one had lost an arm and the other had a crushed lung. At the very moment the frantic gasping was ebbing down and Needles knew that his fellow had died. He leaned back against the  cave walls and sighed. He only wanted to close his eyes, to let go of the horrible things he had seen, of the Chosen ripping apart one of the Murr with his bare hands. He only wanted to die...but he couldn't. He couldn't let his fangleader die or Greeneye or the other Murr whose name he had forgotten. But now he needed sleep...

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: December 03, 2010, 10:07:51 am »

Kastheen hovered quietly as she considered Phera’s words, and Amparos’s rather dismissive. “I’ve heard of this occurring,” Kastheen said at length. “I’ve seen smoke rising into my domain from fires upon the land. No storms of mine caused this, no spark of lightning ignited the plants of the ground. I think this is the work of mortals, they bring fire to bear upon one another.”

“Normally, like Amparos I don’t pay much heed to the actions of mortals outside of the Mayura. But we had made an oath to Nativa to protect her from harm. A portion of the womb, of Nativa, burns now, and I fear that we have failed in that oath Amparos. But how do we intervene? If I send storms to stop the attackers, or strike them down with lightning, what is to stop some other god from acting to oppose me, or worse, take the war to the Mayura? In acting, we would cause the escalation that you fear Phera, and a war between mortals would become a war between the gods. Damage to the Womb aside, I do not relish the prospect of facing the likes of the gods of Murder, War, and Hunger.”

“For the Mayura, they have a refuge in the island that Amparos gave me. They can flee there and remain safe out of reach of the other races. But what of the other races who cannot fly? Do you intend to shelter them here in the Kingdom of light? Or is this to be a realm simply to idle in as strife spreads upon the Womb? I would rather spend my time among the Mayura, but I would know the purpose of this realm in greater detail. I may contribute, but I must know more.”

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: December 03, 2010, 03:23:06 pm »

Phera frowned slightly at Amparos' dismissive attitude. "Firstly, dear brother, because this isn't a game. Though it may seem so from our perspective, this realm is not a toy, and mortals are not our pawns with which to amuse ourselves. For if it were, what would be the point? Creation did not come to be for us to fool around in until we destroy ourselves, Amparos; this world, and those who dwell on it- even ourselves- have a purpose.

Secondly, I have been told of the tale our mother related to you; do you not remember it? How the petty squabbles of the Old Gods- our ancestors- escalated into great conflicts acted out through mortal servants- as is beginning to happen even now- and then into war among the gods themselves? And how their conflict eventually lead to the complete destruction of themselves and their world?"

She leaned forward, staring the God of the Ocean in the eye. "This is a tale being retold in our world, brother."

Slowly, she reclined again, sighing. "Perhaps, a tale retold eternally, if the first world truly split upon it's destruction. Perhaps I'm wrong; perhaps our own realm really is some sort of great fluke- a plaything, indeed, of an ever higher power, that even we cannot imagine. Perhaps, dear brother," she said, the aura around her beginning to grow in intensity, "it is our fate that we fall in a blaze of bloodshed and futility.

But understand this, Lord of Seas; I am the Sun. I am the Light that has burned for aeons, since this world was naught more than barren rock and cosmic dreams. I am the tool through which our mother Goddess created all that is and all that shall be- through me, she created all of you."

Smoldering now like the surface of the sun itself, Phera narrowed her eyes dangerously. "I do not believe I have been created in vain."

After a brief pause, the intensity faded from the Sun Goddess, as did the blazing heat she radiated, and she hung her head, seemingly tired by the outburst. "You are correct, Kastheen. We should not resort to interfering directly, and the very notion of besting War by strength of arms is absurd. That," she continued, straightening herself out, "is why I have called you here;" she said, gesturing at the other three gods, "for it is through Order and Plenty that we may defeat War and Hunger."
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: December 03, 2010, 03:54:14 pm »

Amparos frowned, quite surprised by Phera's outburst. Perhaps she was their eldest sibling - but that gave her no right to speak like that. She had not even been at Mother's island. He felt anger rising up inside him, yearning to get out.

'My apologies, sister, but I was not aware seniority equates to authority, or knowledge. Yet you seem to know so much.' he paused, staring off into the distance for a moment. 'Though perhaps that is hypocrisy, coming from me. I cannot say I understand this concern for mortals, but I do not want this between siblings. Not even between those I loathe to think of as my kin, such as Shaq and his brethren.'

Memories sprang up, Shaq leaping forward to attack the Overgoddess, naive Aarseral and the strange god of death. No, Phera had not been there, but she most likely had her reasons. This was not the time.

'Mortals live short lives, filled with hate and violence. While I will not suggest anything, as long as they have free will, there will be more murders for Shaq, more wars for Rahisael, more death and suffering. But perhaps you should speak to Aarrook concerning matters of paradise, if that is indeed what you want? I do not know much about the lives of mortals.'

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: December 03, 2010, 04:34:04 pm »

Ever has the sky and clouds stood between the sun and sea. So it seems it must be again, Kastheen thought. She stepped forward, interposing herself between Phera and Amparos. “Calm yourself Phera. You’ll gain nothing from Amparos by this posturing. The sun may be powerful, but it is distant from the Womb, while the seas cover much of the Womb’s surface. Besides, I like Amparos, and I don’t want to be at odds with him. His apathy towards mortals aside, he is loyal to Nativa.”

“And Amparos, Mortal lives may be short, but they need not be filled with hate and violence. Look to the Mayura. Hate and violence is rare among them. I try to keep it that way, as such emotions would only strengthen the likes of hunger and war. Though it is true, I am much closer to my creations than most of my siblings.”

“In fact, Phera, I find that another foe is challenging my children. I don’t impose order, but I have given them plenty. They aren’t beset by war and hunger, but idleness and stagnation. While the humans and other races advance and build settlements, the Mayura remain the same. I’ve found we can’t simply give them everything they need, lest they not bother with obtaining anything for themselves. They need to be challenged to inspire and motivate them. I’ve tried to do this by bringing some of the Mayura to join the order of Magi. Whatever you may say about war and violence and battle, it does motivate mortals to improve themselves, if only in their capacity for killing. “
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 04:37:12 pm by Fortis »

Humaan

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, I know Human is spelled with 1 "a"
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: December 03, 2010, 06:07:40 pm »

“If I may comment on the matter.” Aarrook was getting tired of the bickering between the gods. This meeting was going to chaos before he would even be able to speak. “I am one who has seen worlds, seen the infinity which makes up our realm. A tale from that must be how I attempt to describe why even mortals must not fall.”

“There was once a realm, beyond even the most elder of the elder gods. A one which only I can remember, and yet still having it a faint memory. The realm was an expanse, and many gods existed at times with general wellbeing in mind. There was War, a lord of a realm of fighting, but he had the power he needed… There was peace, and yet a entity came as well. They, too, were a god. An Elder God, however, did not follow the order well. The gods, seeing the peril, met in meeting. Yet despite all that was done, the god was too strong. The god had gained sway over another powerful force; mortals. He was able to lead them astray from the peace. From that, an army formed which required as much power as all the gods to destroy it. The battle ended the universe, and proceeded to begin another fall. Many worlds after the utopia fell, and I saw them all. I dare not wonder whether why I should have avoided death.”

“This world has formed, yet the same powers emerge in an attempt to rule over it. While we stand here, the powers are persuading the mortals we have protected for long, to give up on traditions of peace. Amparos, this is why mortals must be used like this.”

“There was a reason for the meeting today. If we were not watching, like our friend Amparos, you have made yourselves blind to chaos in action. Already a force has formed to rule the world, denying the races of the world any part of the rule. They carry a flag of an ocean. They claim to be the Chosen of Amparos. This war was caused by a sole man’s inaction. This man name is Amparos.”

“Yet mortals have proven themselves able to learn. The Mayura have shown themselves capable, as well as the Chosen. If we alter tradition, beliefs, and culture, we would be able to affect the way mortals act in the physical world. A tradition of innovation, for example, would help the Mayura continue advancement. Pacifism, a way to quell the anger the Chosen have. Obviously, the same can be done by other gods. Peace will make War act, and I dare not think what could happen if it escalates.”
Quote from: SolarShado
Hell yes! Who need a space elevator when you've got a space escalator!?!?
Quote from: Cthulhu
Watch out bots, Sherlock Humaan is on the case.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 33