Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 33

Author Topic: Godhood III Play Thread  (Read 38730 times)

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Godhood III Play Thread
« Reply #330 on: November 21, 2010, 10:30:37 pm »

On a hill facing the small village, a single, entirely un-human entity stood. Looking at the small village, bathed in the fire and violence, the creature crouched. With a sudden movement, it stood upright, releasing an almighty roar, as it and more of its kind made their way down, towards the village. As they made their way to the village in flames, a small voice echoed in their minds. "Lay waste to the village and its people and help the people from the sea. Until, that is, everything else has been killed... Or corrupted."

A group of the Beings of The Sand arrive at the village and make their way into the fray.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 10:34:04 am by nuker w »

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: November 21, 2010, 10:46:38 pm »

Ahhh crap.

"What?" Estriss whispered beneath her breath.  She was close now, so close, but the fight up ahead was furious and closely-matched.  She wasn't certain if she could move in.

Don't think about it, but the situation's changing.  Take out the Chosen, we need to move on.

"But I thought we were going to save the shrine-"

No time!  Take the kill now!

Estriss adjusted her grip on the dirk and prepared to leap.  She caught sight of an opening; the Chosen's exposed neck, and the inviting space beneath the base of his skull.  She leapt.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: November 21, 2010, 11:28:57 pm »

Spoiler: Color (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Colorless (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Atilliano

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: November 22, 2010, 02:11:51 am »

With a mighty blow the ent smashes another fish-man into the air, landing on the roof of a building.
Then, his mind focused on the fish-man fighting near the shrine...
He charges at him and sees how a villager leaps to him, but he is there first.
He grabs the fish-man with his gigantic fingers and lifts him into the air,
but just as he wants to crush him in his hand a terrible pain spreads throughout his whole body.
Immediately he lets go of the fish-man and realizes he is on fire.
He turns around and spots another fish-man throwing torches at him.
With his last strength, the ent throws a clump of earth to the fish-man with the torches and falls down to the earth...
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 10:51:50 am by Atilliano »

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: November 22, 2010, 07:49:11 am »

The boy screamed words at him in the strange tongue these savages used. Ganad didn't even bother attempting to decipher their meaning, though there was little need. His anger was obvious.

The youth was the first real challenge he had experienced in combat while alive. The weak, poorly-armed villagers and fellow High Blood he usually fought were nothing compared to him. How could this simple villager be so skilled? And that blade, so impossibly sharp and light. He had to get this over with, fast.

Ganad leapt forward, aiming to smash the boy's skull in with the side of his pincer - but to no effect. The youth moved while he was still in the air, jumping back to avoid his attack. Ganad hit the ground hard, falling on his knees. The blade cut into the back of his head, cutting the shell open around the neck. Ganad sent a hasty strike upwards to push the boy away, giving himself time to get back up.

For the first time ever, Ganad was starting to feel afraid.

The flint knife fell, sinking hilt-deep inside his neck. He let out a weak gasp, and fell over. Blood began to pulse out of his throat. Ganad forced himself to turn on his back. He had to see his killer before he died.
A young girl stood above him, looking both vaguely surprised and angry. Ganad tried to curse, but no words formed in his mouth. He should've watched his back. There was no honour in being killed by some peasant girl with her father's knife. This was not how it was supposed to go.

Ganad's vision was blurred now, but he could see the boy appearing over him with the blade raised. Ah, yes, he was merciful, and giving him a quick death. Better than nothing, then.

Tavak watched with horror as the giant tree-like being snatched up his commander's body. Were they going to mutilate his body as well? Had they no honour?
He couldn't watch anymore. Grabbing a few torches from the wall, Tavak charged forward. The being was preparing to crush Ganad in it's grip. He could not allow that to happen.
Tavak screeched, throwing the first torch as hard as he could. It flew in a near-perfect arc, embedding itself in the tree-thing's shoulder with a pleasant crack of wood.

His grin quickly turned into a frozen mask of horror, however, as the being turned around incredibly quickly, spotting Tavak easily. He still had the second torch in his hand. Surely it couldn't withstand bo-

He was sent sliding fast down the street by the force of the attack. It hit him like a tsunami, carrying his body all the way to the end of the street. His entire body ached and hurt. Tavak didn't move for some time, collecting his thoughts.

They were not winning. He had thought this would've been a simple raid. Now, Ganad was dead, and the tree-like creatures were laying waste to the remains of the raiding party. Who knew what else was here opposing them?

A few minutes later he cursed himself for that thought. Dark, monstrous shapes stood over him, studying him intensively. After a while, they moved on. Tavak realized he had been holding his breath. Had they thought him dead? Yes, that was probably it. More opponents, then. He forced himself up, ignoring the pain as well as he could.

He made his way to the river, where the young portal user was sitting, throwing stones into water. His eyes widened when he saw Tavak, coming back wounded and alone. He ignored him, rushing through the portal. On the other side, he fell over, to the feet of other High Blood warriors. The barracks, where they had left from.

He quickly explained as well as he could. Immediately, the soldiers rushed off. This was an insult to their military might. That village would never stand again.
The city quickly exploded into activity. A simple raiding party had not been enough, so the War Council authorized the forming of an entire army.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: November 22, 2010, 08:12:17 am »

The small group of the beings rapidly made their way towards the fray, moving with stealth despite their entrance. A young Chosen turned in time to see the small group enter the village. Swearing, he stabbed his sword into its chest, before releasing it, watching it quiver inside the beings body. Looking down at the blade, then up again. With a sudden movement, the beings 'arm' shot out and slammed the young Chosen into the side of a small hut, impaling him on the blunt end of a spear. Grunting, the group continued on through the village, pausing only to observe a Being of the Sea.

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: November 22, 2010, 10:18:31 am »

Kastheen nodded, and she and the Mayura returned to the balcony and flew out into the sky. While the archmage had to work hard to travel up 200 flights, the Mayura simply flew up the distance, and weren’t even breathing hard when they alighted upon the summit of the tower. She couldn’t help but chuckle at the archmage’s panting as he finally arrived.

“You should give your followers wings, Magus. Flying is so much better than walking,” Kastheen commented in jest, before turning to the god of Magic. “But I just wanted to see the tower for myself, and to make a request of you. For a long time, the Mayura have lived in peace, untroubled by the strife in the other lands. But I’ve heard whispers in the wind of battle and war in other lands, the machinations of the likes of Shaq and Rahisael. I’m worried that in time war may come to my people. And I fear the Mayura are ill prepared for such a trial. To that end, I was looking for friends and allies for the Mayura.”

“Some time ago, one of the other gods, Kar’Thos I believe, gave a group of mayura a seed of magical ability. They have an affinity for the element of wind, naturally enough. I think this seed can sprout and blossom into a very useful tool for my people to use to protect themselves. To that end, I asked for a group of volunteers to fly with me to this place.”

“Though, you and I, we are a different sort. You are god of laws, of strict rules and order, while I am one of wild nature, and value the freedom of the skies. I don’t make many rules, and fewer commands. I made an offer to the Mayura you see here, not a command to come. I ask you do the same. Make an offer to them, tell them what they will get if they agree to join your mages, and what duties and responsibilities they will have in turn. If they agree, they will join you, if not, they’ll return with me.”

Atilliano

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: November 22, 2010, 12:39:00 pm »

*Ignore*
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 12:49:27 pm by Atilliano »

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: November 22, 2010, 04:14:47 pm »

Spoiler: Color (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Colorless (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: November 22, 2010, 04:43:11 pm »

Molegut looked at the burning village in front of him. He shivered in excitement as he watched the battle between the manthings and the unkown seathings. He grew even more excited as more and more of things of both sides died. It meant more prize and more prize meant more reknown and more reknown would mean more breeding partners a better living cave and maybe even his own little hive. He could hear the low chirping of his thirty or so kindred. He had a formidable group behind him. all in all one fang or three teeth. It had cost him a small fortune to outfit them. They were clad in armors of leather,wood and in some cases bone basically a wild mix of it. The most weapons were out of primitive stone but the teeth-leaders carried swords of bronze. Molegut himself had armed himself rather formidably: a plate-mail hewn together out of leather and broken iron swords and pieces thrown away by the smiths. But his most precious treasure was his iron longsword (in terms of Murr...for a human rather a long dagger), it once was richly decorated but he had selled the useless golden metals on it and replaced them with black iron, making a nice contrast to the rusted rest of the sword. His red eyes gleamed in anticipation as tree-things suddenly began to walk and supported the villagers.  A quite fascinating battle. But at some point somehting attracted his attention: one of the fish-things ran away but not into fields from whence they came...

Fast-Fast. Oneclaw take your teeth and follow it, maybe we can take its strange bones...

The Blackpelt nodded and lead his group through the fields towards the position where they had seen the fish-thing running.

Fast, too fast for Moleguts opinion, Oneclaw came back with one Murr less. The Teeth-Leader quickly explained what he had seen. The whole group of Murr seemed to shiver in excitement and fear. Molegut considered for a few seconds before he gave his commands.

Oneclaw lead me to this wondrous door you saw. The rest follow me. I'll take the honorable position of the leader.

Quickly Molegut made himself smaller than he actually was. Through the long history of raiding man-thing belongings the Murr had learned that their hosts are always trying to kill the leader and that they can't distinguish the Murr from each other. Through the times the Murr adapted and in battles or dangerous situations the leader would always mingle himself with his troops making him indistinguishable for the normal human.

A few minutes later the Murr had reached the spot where one of their kind already waited, watching the glowing door and shivering in excitement.

Let's wait and see what happens...i must have this magical door...i MUST have it...

30 red glowing pairs of eyes watched from the edge of the corn field. To a mere human it would look no different than maybe a group of rats or other animals would watch him...

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: November 22, 2010, 05:25:49 pm »

Eowel loosed a breath, deep and long. He swept back his hair and looked at Estriss with  mingled admiration and anger.

"I told you to wait in the clearing."
"I know." She replied.
"You could have been killed."
"I know."
"You've been tainted."
"What?" Estriss looked perplexed. Eowel sighed.

"Look. What did Shaq tell you?"
"Who?"
"He's the guy right behind you. Looming over your shoulder like a bulbous spider."
Estriss looked back, but saw nothing. Perhaps a slight shadow, but firegoddess knows that could have been one of the ents cleaning up the corpses.

The battle was over. After the temple was saved there was a organized retreat back towards the river, but the townsfolk had already rallied. A few Chosen had survived, but more than a few were in chains and a vast majority had been slaughtered. That isn't to say that the townspeople had sustained no losses, however. Even the women, usually kept away from the affairs of death, were out searching for crippled Chosen and dead relatives. The poulation of the town had been halved.

I don't think he's going to be a threat. He's a horses ass and a murderer to boot, but he did help save the town. Look, even now he shimmers gold. Carmanthyre was right. About the shadowy, blurred form of Shaq was the hints of a honey-colored aura. It wasn't much, but it was there.

"Right. I think the sword has a plan to help in the next defense. If the ents stick around they'll be alot of help, and-"

The horn blew loud. A dozen shades flittered about Eowel withing seconds, slender, gritty fingers grasping at his clothes. Estriss shrieked and Eowel brought his sword in a large circle, cutting at least three of the shades in half. But they kept coming, and although they collapsed at the slightest sign of pressure, they swarmed invisibly about. There were more screams from inside the town.

As the chosen are fought off the Beings of the Sand arrive.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Atilliano

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: November 22, 2010, 05:39:06 pm »

No! This will not happen!
The corruption will not win from the villagers!

Aarseral jumps off the tree he sat on and creates five more ents from the trees that are scattered here and there.
Then, he changes into a Forologh form and begins making his way to the town to fight the sand beasts, bringing the new ent reinforcements with him.

Aarseral creates five more ents and charges into the village in a forologh form.

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: November 22, 2010, 06:25:54 pm »

The group quickly spread out, attacking all in sight. On the outskirts of the town, large Ent's were seen making their way towards the village. "Ten of you are to grab a villager and make your way to the corruption. Twenty of you, hide yourselves until a better time. Another 10... Stay and fight the Ents. Let them think they win. The rest, escape the village and continue on to look for better targets. " Surrounded by screaming and crying, the 10 beings made quick work and ripped 10 of the villagers away and made their way into the night. The 10 tasked with the killing of the Ents moved to positions in the town, waiting for the moment to strike. Those beings whom had been tasked to stay, fell apart into piles of sand, waiting for the right moment to strike.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: November 22, 2010, 06:45:05 pm »

"I feel great power far away it seems far to great to not have the envolvement of other gods I must see what this is. " The ground around Kains feet shakes then entombs him transporting him through the earth to the place where the power is coming from . Rising out of the ground not far from the village he feels the power of some gods near by. Looking at the battle he says " This battle is among many of our races I know but we must not interfere. Our races must learn from it that it is worthless to turn a small  battle into a massacre for no reason but that they see fit to do it we must not interfere "
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 07:07:13 pm by adwarf »

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: November 22, 2010, 06:59:31 pm »

As quickly as they had come, the sandmen fell to peices. A new god also made his anti-climactic appearance, spouting a great run on sentance.

But Eowel had no time for any of that. He left orders for the sand to be swept into a large pile, as far from the city as they could get it. With any luck, they'd get warning. These things were easy to kill, but not that easy. Something was up.

In any case Eowel ran after the departing sandmen, who were dragging of several screaming children. He gained on them slowly, but even as he reached them he realized that he was low on energy. At a slight mental suggestion, he hurled the sword into the center of the fleeing sandmen.

There was a bright flash of pure golden light, blasting the sandmen to pieces and knocking Eowel on his ass. The sword hung in the air for a second as the light dissipated, and then it dropped. Eowel blacked out soon after.

"Mister? Are you OK?" Asked a little girl as Eowel awoke. Groaning he realized that the godblade had disappeared, off somewhere. The little girl saw his glance.

"Your sword said that he had to rest. And then he shrunk and he's in my pocket! He sounds cute, where can I get one?" she asked innocently, holding out her hand. Eowel picked up the godblade, only a inch long, and placed it lovingly in his own pocket.

"Thanks. Let's get back home, eh?"

Carmanthyre looses a blast of energy that dissapates the sandmen dragging off villagers.
Eowel on his own power distrusts the dead snadmen at the town and orders them swept into a large pile some ways away.
A guard is stationed nearby the pile of sandmen sweepings.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 33