Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 33

Author Topic: Godhood III Play Thread  (Read 38736 times)

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
Re: Godhood III Play Thread
« Reply #255 on: October 05, 2010, 10:55:21 am »

Thunder.

A Scream.

Silence.

Thunder.

A life ended.

The blood of the slain whelp soiled the ground and it`s scent filled the air. Rahisael casually threw his knife away. He didn`t pity the whelp. He was weak and had pledged for his life, not once he had tried to fight him.

Rahisael knelt down and tasted the blood of the whelp; Delicate and warm. Though, he hadn`t killed him to fill his thirst.

"Shaq" He muttered in a low voice. "Can you hear me? Here`s Rahisael- You know me, the god of war. I think we might have some common interests and i`d like to meet you. I`m currently residing on the top of the peak of blood, a huge mountain near the tribe of the wargaz. I guess you can just follow the scent of my murder if you want to find me. I`m awaiting your answer."

Rahisael had wanted to contact shaq for quite some time now; And finally he found something that seemed like an easy way to communicate with the god of Murder. And he had to contact someone else too.

Thunder.

Rahisael waited and after a short time he saw it: A little blood ghost was approaching, to nourish itself on the blood of the slain. Rahisael reached out and caught the spirit in his hands.

The little thing struggled and hungered for blood. Rahisael did not enjoy tormenting it, but he figured out that this would be the easiest way to contact the lord of Hunger.

"Lord Hunger. I`m Rahisael, the god of war. I`m sure you remember me. I`d like to meet you again; I think we should talk about certain matters. I`m sure it would prove fruitful for both of us. I`m Residing at the peak of blood, near the wargaz tribe. I guess the hunger of that little blood ghost in my hands will guide you. I`m looking forward to your answer. Ah, and shaq will come, too, i think."

Thunder. Rahisael waited.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: October 05, 2010, 12:11:12 pm »

The dancers burned; with passion, with fervour, and with the heat of the fire around which they danced.  Fire lit their souls, and glinted off the knives they held, knives they slashed, knives they threw.  The dancers leapt and twirled, they threw their knives and they threw each other.  Twelve in all, they performed for the fire, for none else watched them play.  They performed in public as well, of course - to entertain, to instruct, to tell the stories passed down (and stories there were, thanks to a tiny god in a blade, though they never would know it), but some things were private.  Some dances were to honour the dead, and the spirits, and the world.

The dancers danced, wearing thin white hides, cut so they splayed as the players moved, emphasising the movements of their bodies.  Twelve white forms danced around the fire, each maintaining a crucial step of the form.  Flin lit their bodies at first, then failed to light them at all, each figure subsumed by the dance into a thing greater than themselves.  They danced, and the fire rose higher.  They danced, and its roar was their beat.

Where the thirteenth figure came from, none could say for sure.  Later, they would say he came from the darkness, or perhaps he was there all along.  Still others would believe he rose from the fire, but whatever the means he was there.  A thirteenth dancer, dressed as they were but in hides of deepest black, wove between the players, taking and throwing and catching knives.  The dance grew complex, and the dancers struggled to keep pace, flying high on a burst of energy they had never known.  When at last the dance came to its close, many were elated but close to collapsing from exhaustion.

The leader of the dance, Whitelock, sat down beside the stranger on the fallen log the dancers had dragged to the fire.  Whitelock was old for a northren, yet as limber as the other, much younger dancers.

"Who are you, stranger, than can dance so well?" Whitelock asked.

"More to the point," said the dark stranger, "who are you that can dance well enough to summon me?"  The northren adopted a puzzled frown.

"I did not realise any could hear us," he said.  "We chose this spot to be far from the valleys - and for the mound."  Whitelock nodded to a cairn of simple stones.  "We danced to honour him."  The stranger followed Whitelock's eyes to the cairn.

"Who was he?" the stranger asked.

"Our leader, and the first of us.  His name was Durk, and after him we have named a form of knife."  Pain seemed to flash across the stranger's face; his brows contorted in a moment of anguish.  It passed almost instantly, and the stranger stared instead into the fire.

"He died of sickness, then?"

"Of age," said Whitelock.  "It has been over a decade since he met the first of us."

"Ten years," whispered the stranger softly, the anguish returning to his face, "How quickly He passes us by."

"I remember the first day he came to our clan," said Whitelock, the warmth of memory spreading a smile across his face.  "Spring had come and the passes thawed.  We were amazed anyone outside of the Valley had made it through the winter, but not only did he make it, he brought in fresh kills.  He taught us how to use a knife, how to hunt with them and how to use them to skin and carve.  He taught us how to kill 'ren too, but thank the gods we never needed to do it."

"Yes, I know."  The stranger's voice carried a hint of disapproval.

"But we gathered around him, twelve of us, though not the twelve here today.  Death comes for us all, in time.  I am one of the few left from the original band."  Whitelock chuckled.  "I remember he used to tell us how he came to learn his skills.  He said he was trapped in a valley that harsh winter, fully expecting to die, when this stranger came by and started berating him for not using the knife right."  This got a chuckle from the stranger.  "Not only did he shout at him, the stranger then took Durk aside and alternately taught him and beat him up for months until he finally had a handle on it."

"Good times," said the stranger with a laugh.  "And tell me, did he tell you the stranger's name?"

"Indeed, and it was the strangest thing.  The man called himself a knife as well, a shaq like they make at the forge.  Durk never did describe him well, just said that he was a dark... stranger."  Whitelock's face fell.

"There we go," said Shaq with a somewhat cruel laugh.

"Oh gods," whispered Whitelock.

"Just the one, actually," said Shaq, "but pull yourself together, man.  Durk had more composure and he was an idiot."  Whitelock straightened up immediately.  He clapped his hands.

"Some food for our honoured guest!" he called out.  Two of the youngest dancers, a pair of girls, brought forward a skinned wolf that they had been roasting by the fire.  They offered him a knife and a piece of bark to eat from.

"That's a lot of meat," said Shaq, taking the knife and bark but not reaching for the wolf.  "Do the twelve of you eat it all?"

"Yes, though we can catch game like this often, enough that we may have too much to eat in the fatter months.  We have honoured Durk's teacher in the hunt - which is to say, we have honoured you in the hunt, honoured Shaq."

"You kill too much, enough that it spoils?"  Shaq raised an eyebrow and smirked.  "I have a brother who would like you very much.  Hunger is his whole point of being.  Try cutting the meat into strips and holding it over the fire, not close enough to cook.  Let the smoke fill it.  I assure you it will last longer.  Drying it on a cold day will work as well.  In any case, what do you call yourselves?"

"Call ourselves?"  Whitelock seemed puzzled and tugged gently on his lock of white hair as he thought upon the matter.  "Beyond our names, we were just Durk's dancers."

"Durk's Dancers," mused Shaq.  "It has a ring to it.  Very well, you shall call yourself the Dirk Dancers.  But I'm afraid I have a job for you, and you may not like it.  But you will benefit from following it."  Shaq watched Whitelock's reaction - to his credit, the northren didn't so much as flinch.  Clearly he had learned his lesson about composure.

"You will split your group," continued Shaq, "and meet up twice in a year.  Once at the longest day, once at the shortest night.  You will keep in contact, however.  The northren have spread far across the valleys since the Lord of Winter first made them from the wolves, and now it is necessary to keep track of them.  To that end, you will settle amongst each of the northren clans, or travel between them as necessary.  Then, you will dance and tell stories."

"Master?" said one of the two girls, who had sat by the god's feet with the roasted wolf, listening.  The other dancers were gathering too.  "Who is this 'ren?"

"He is our master," said Whitelock, "and the master of Durk.  We must treat him as you would treat me."

"Yes, master," said the girl, "but I do not understand.  Why tell stories?"

"One, because you must make yourselves welcome," Shaq explained.  "It is important that you infiltrate the clans, that you are privy to their gossip, to their rumours, to their secrets.  Stories give a reason for you to be there talking, and your dances will amuse them as much as your hunts will gain you respect.  Two, because stories have a dangerous power.  They have the power of hope.  Hope inspires heroes, and conquers fear.  Three, because the master of stories is my enemy."

"Your enemy?" asked the girl.

"Yes, and my brother.  We must control stories to control hope.  We cannot stamp out either, they will always arise, but we can stories to change the view of them.  Take, for example, the tale of Ictor."

"Ictor, master?"

"Before your time, and forgotten by your people.  Reviled, even, though he first gave you the fire that made your blades.  He was a prophet of the Lady of Fire-" Shaq couldn't help notice the sign the dancers made against Her, "-and he first brought Her fire to the northren.  He spoke of Her way, gathering support, and this support led to his death.  Now one might say that he was cruelly murdered, a martyr to his cause, and that his death gave inspiration to those who followed him.  Or they might say that he was a heretic, that he stirred trouble and that he was killed for endangering his people by turning against the Lord of Winter.  In both tales, there is a hero - but it is the storyteller who may choose who the hero was."

"But why?" asked Whitelock.  "Why give us this mission to live amongst the other clans, to separate except for twice a year?  Why must we know their secrets and be trusted amongst them?"

"Because you will have a mission.  Because I am first and foremost the God of Murder," - a few sharp intakes of breath from the dancers - "and murder is murder whether for good or ill.  My disciple taught you these skills to serve me, and to better yourselves.  So you shall serve me and be the better for it, and you must work for the betterment of all 'ren.  Your skills are to be hidden in sight, to be welcomed, and to kill.  The betterment of 'ren may not necessarily be for peace.  You may need to ensure that a cleansing war begins, to clear the path for fresh growth - or you may need to kill to stop a war, lest it destroy your people utterly."

"And you will judge when it is right to kill, or not to kill, to have war, or to have peace?" Whitelock asked.

"No.  Not directly.  That is a burden I place upon you, Whitelock, as my newest disciple.  You must choose, and you must maintain contact with your brothers and sisters of the dance so that you may know where and when to strike.  But I will grant you this boon, disciple.  If you or any of your kith are forced to kill, dedicate the kill to me and I will strengthen your body and your resolve.  It is a harsh price, but it may prove necessary."

Whitelock seemed stunned by the revelation.  If anything, he seemed ill at the prospect.

"Wh-why me?" begged Whitelock.  "I don't want to kill, master.  I don't want to be a 'ren to choose the difference between life and death."

"That would be why," said Shaq evenly.  "I can find a ruthless killer anywhere (or at least I should be able to).  I need someone who understands the weight of murder to choose it, so that they may choose it wisely."  Shaq sighed and stood up.  The dancers rose with him.  "We may not meet again," he said, "but for the moment I advise you to look down."

The dancers looked down and found that their hides had changed to the purest black, each one save Whitelock, whose hides bore streaks of red.  When they looked up once more, the god was gone.

Jack appears to the Dirk Dancers and gives them a mission to infiltrate the many clans of the northren, including those of the volcano and mountain if they can.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 02:33:35 pm by Iituem »
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: October 05, 2010, 12:13:27 pm »

Not long after, the broken body of the northren youth sat up and scratched behind its head.  It gave a slight frown at the lack of skull there.

"Okay, I am definitely not arriving like this again," said Shaq through the corpse's mouth.  He stood up in the northren's body.  "Incidentally, his name was Brighteye, not that you ever asked.  More formally; greetings brother.  What can I do for you today?"
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: October 05, 2010, 01:05:05 pm »

"So brighteye he was named? I call him Weteye for he cried like a little squealing baby. I gave him the chance to fight for his life but he couldn`t even stand up so violent was his fear." Rahisael sounded a bit disgruntled, but then smiled.

"But nevermind. I`m glad the call reached you. And i`m glad to see you, brother." Rahisael stood up.

"What you can do for me, you ask? You should ask what we could do for each other. I have plans, brother. Plans to increase my might- But there`s a little problem. You were there at the council; You saw how much the other gods love peace. I won`t avoid combat, but i`m bright enough to know that i probably couldn`t win a fight against the combined might of those that might disagree with my plans.

You`ve got the same problem, i fear. I doubt that they trust you either; After all you tried to murder the overgodess." Rahisael chuckled.

"Nice try. Entertaining. But now they don`t trust you anymore and they will be all the more eager to thwart your plans, especially if you meddle in their affairs."

"Alone we are doomed to fail. But by working together we double our power. War and murder go hand in hand, and maybe we can convince other gods to join us. If we are mighty enough we are able to do as we please."

"My goal is it to throw the world into a state of war. Mind you, i don`t want to obliterate the world or the various races- I just want to create an age of eternal war.. And murder, of course. I simply have to propose an alliance- Together we shall incite the races of the world to war. What do you think?"

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: October 05, 2010, 01:56:08 pm »

Shaq sat on a rock and considered.  (It didn't really matter if a rock had been there before, it was there now.)

"In truth, I have been expecting you to make such a proposition.  I mean, God of War and such.  And to that effect, I have been preparing."  Shaq splayed his fingers and placed them tips of them together.  He stared at a distant point.  "But I will need at least one more cycle of wakefulness, perhaps a second, to be ready.  You can no doubt raise armies, but you'll need information and resources.  I need people everywhere - I need murder to become an art, rather than the clumsy craft it is today, and for that murder must have purpose.

"The truth is that you can sell your war to the other gods without too much difficulty - at least to some of them.  The northren will need a war in time, though not I should say 'til their numbers have recovered some.  As it stands, three factions exist, two of which might be favoured by Fire and two of which might be favoured by Winter.  If we solicit the aid of one, expect the other to stand against us, but the most promising faction of the three exists in the clans that both respect the winter and forge tools from fire.

"As for the neutral parties, the Sea will not intervene so long as we stay from His territory - the mortals would have to float on logs to war* to get into His way.  The other Elemental god, Kar'Thos, his motives I don't know well enough to speak for.  The mage gods are a neutral party - we might bribe them for mercenary aid, but most likely they will stay aside for the present.  Akiel could go either way - the promise of technological advance spurred by war may tempt him.  Tass is a dangerous wildcard and nobody can know his intent.  Death may not intervene at all.

"The Death Lord, on the other hand, will oppose us out of a sense of righteousness.  He will bring his armies to battle.  Carmanthyre, that little brat of a brother, will leap at the chance to prove his heroism, though likely on the opposing side.  Kastheen would seem to side with Amparos' neutrality, but she will side against us primarily out of spite - certainly if and once the Mayura are involved.  Volatarcus might oppose us also when the war spreads to his forests - if it does at all.  Aarook will oppose us if he feels we threaten his 'Paradise', and we can count on the Wanderer to oppose us - again, out of spite.

"None of these concern me.  All will ultimately aid your war.  The ones you should fear are Terron and Aarseral..."

*Because, you know, boats don't exist yet, except for Amparos' own.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: October 05, 2010, 02:44:01 pm »

Amongst the villages and tribes of the northern plains, a small boy was reported to have been seen. It was never fully realized until seconds after, nor did the person in question ever make eye contact with the child. It was said the boy wore rags of deepest black. Some rumors said that this was due to him following Shaq, god of murder. Others bore the opposite, that this small child was the assassin of assassins.

All that was known for certain boiled down to nothing. Where the boy had walked, no footprints were seen. Where he had ate, a loaf of bread was replaced by flat gold peices, worthless as anything but scrap metal. And the villages, if they had had a problem, were free of vermin.

Of course, all those rats and fleas had to go somewhere. And that somewhere happened to be the cave where Shaq and Rahisael spoke.

It came first as a faint squeaking. Nothing to be worried about. Then the fleas started pouring in like black waterfalls. Then the rats arrived. Thousands of them. They didn't bite, for what could any amount of rats do to a god? But they made a great fuss and pressed into the cave mouth, squishing the two violent gods against stone walls.

And the rats seemed to be resistant to any attempts to banish them. Of course, they would vanish by the hundreds, but more just filled up the space! All in all, while certainly not harmful, it was annoying. Quite annoying.

Somewhere in the south, where the grasslands were filled with golden, natural grain, there lived a tribe of humans. They were dark of skin and of hair, and lived in huts made of streched buffalo skin. They painted these with berries and blood.

One such man was sleeping within his strange hut when he heard what sounded like a childs laughter from outside. The village had not had children for many years, which was frightening in and of itself, but the fact that there was a small boy outside the hut made the man fear for his life. He cast upon himself a tribal blessing meant to ward off evil spirits, and hid under his sleeping skin for the rest of the night, even as the laughter died off into the distance.

Carmanthyre gathers vermin from many tribes across the south, then transports them near the cave Shaq and Rahisael are in, and bids them to press into the cave. As a prank.
Carmanthyre scares the bejeebus out of some poor tribal guy.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: October 05, 2010, 03:01:27 pm »

Five hours later...

"I'm sick of all these gods-damned rats in a cave," Shaq muttered, stepping over yet another charred rat carcass.  Apparently Rahisael could get a bit testy.  "But at least the Maw's going to have plenty to eat when he gets here."

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: October 05, 2010, 03:16:51 pm »

Years passed, and troubling visions returned to a Goddess' slumber. Glimpses of the past, the present, and the future; glimpses of Gods, of War, and of the rise on fall of an island. And, as had always been, of the creeping darkness that would seek to consume all things.

Phera awoke with a start, but relaxed when she saw all was much as she had left it; She had guided an exiled tribe of Northren to a volcanic mountain paradise in a blasted arctic wasteland, and had watched over them for several years before settling down in one of the mountain's hot springs to rest- apparently, much longer than she'd anticipated, as the scene she woke to was subtly different from the one she had left to sleep, as were her people.

She stretched, and a murmur arose from the Northren nearby as they noticed her awakening. Few of the faces she noticed were familiar, and aged; most of the younger ones she did not recognize. Had an entire generation really passed while she slept? She didn't stop to wonder; there was business to attend to, and she had sat idly by long enough. Phera stood and emerged from the spring, approaching one of the oldest Northren, one of the first pilgrims.

"Has it really been so long, Gerrick?" she chuckled, "I suppose it's only fitting that an ageless one would sleep for an age. All has been well with the tribe, I trust?"

The older wolf-man had dropped to one knee, and the others nearby followed suit. "I had thought so myself, my Lady, but now that you have returned to us, there truly is no comparison."

She sighed, and shook her head. "I'm flattered, but please, rise; for the last time, I am your guardian, not your master. Where is your cousin, the chief? I very much desire to speak with him again."

"He passed on some weeks ago, unfortunately." he said, slowly- almost reluctantly- rising. While these Northren had rebelled against their traditionalist bretheren, many of them still held a healthy amount of fear for Gods after the trials they had been through, despite her best efforts.

"His next of kin, then, and his or her mate. Please inform them that I'll be waiting for them at the summit."

Some time later, two Northren climbed the trail up to the summit to meet with the Lady of Flame, bearing the ancient flame of Ictor (Much to the tribe's wonder, the burning branch that the scorched Northren had brought to their old village all those years ago still burned to this day), and were met with an unusual sight; where the mountain used to bear a sharp point, there was now a pit, perfectly smooth and circular, about the height of three Northren in diameter and one in depth in the stone, in the center of which the Goddess stood.

"Please, come. The time has come for me to depart, and I wish to bestow upon you my parting gifts."

They descended into the pit, and when the Lady of Flame extended her hand, gave her the torch. This she stuck in the ground in the center, and without warning, the flame from the torch spread outwards, consuming the entire pit in a roaring bonfire. The two Northren panicked, for a moment, but the fire did not burn them, for the Lady of Flame did not will it so.

"This flame that I bestowed upon your ancestors, and they brought to your people, has served as a beacon of light and hope, and of courage and passion, for generations. As long as your hearts and your faith in me remain steadfast, even in the darkest of times, hope shall burn eternal."

Phera sighed deeply. "And now, for my second gift..."

She placed her hands on the foreheads of the two Northren, and channelled divine energy into them, changing them. And amidst that rush of power, they beheld visions of potential futures, many of them grim indeed. As the euphoria subsided, they slumped to the ground, exhausted.

"You and your descendants are to be the stewards of this mountain in my absence, and this is what you face.

But remember, the future is never certain. Support each other and your people, be mindful and vigilant."

Phera turned, and leapt into the air, unfolding her wings. "We may never meet again, but remember; as surely as the Sun rises, I shall always watch over you." One wingbeat and she disappeared into the night sky, leaving a fiery trail in her wake.

Oh, how good it felt to fly again! Phera had spent far too long in the frozen northlands, she knew, and the visions that came to her in her dreams were by no means comprehensive, so once more she flew over the Womb to see how the world progressed.

Farther and farther south, she traveled, surveying the growth of the land, until finally, over a vast southern ocean, she came upon a great flock of Mayura dancing through the clouds, a vast island floating ominously in the distance.

"Greetings, children of the sky! I am Phera, Bringer of Light and Avatar of the Sun, and I would fly with you for a while.

My duties have kept me in the northern reaches of the world, but you see much of the land... Tell me, how fare the people of the heavens and the earth?"

One of the springs on the mountainside is blessed by Phera's power; it is unusually hot and carries with it an inner glow, but heals the wounds and bestows a blessing upon those who bathe in it.

Phera creates an eternal flame atop the summit of the volcano, sustained by the faith of it's inhabitants.

Phera vests divine powers in the chief's bloodline; the men gaining power over fire, and the women gaining influence over light, their appearances changing accordingly.
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: October 05, 2010, 03:59:02 pm »

Lord Hunger heard the call of his brother. It was loud and clear. The hunger of a Bloodghost was something that he hated. Although he boresympathy for his brother, for this creation he should kill him. The immense hunger of the Bloodghost was like an uneasy feeling within him. He couldn't concentrate.

Well Wanderer, i must apologize for my early depart but i am needed elsewhere...

With this The Maw vanished and appeared in the cave in the midst of rats and other vermin.

I really appreciate the effort you take into making me comfortable brother...but this is just ridiculous.

Suddenly an unnatural sound emitted from his mouth. Something that sounded like the squeaks of rats. He repeated it several times and the vermin looked up to him. Suddenly they calmed, the terror in the eyes of the poor things leaving. Like one they turned to the exit of the cave and ran away now finding the exit.

Well My Dear Brothers, i can already guess what your plans are and...

The Bloodghost was still cringing in the Hands of Rahisael.

Could you please already release it? Anyway, i am in. For the fun, the fact that you are my kin and far more important to smear that disgusting sneers from the faces of some of the others. At the moment my Murr won't look very frightening, but never underestimate the vermin...as you have just seen.

A yellowish grin appeared on his face.

but i am talking too much. Whats the plan?

[/i]

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: October 05, 2010, 05:00:52 pm »

A few of the Mayura who saw Phera were afraid of her. They turned and fled into the stormclouds, and seemed to vanish into their mists. They were making their way to Kastheen to tell her of this other winged goddess. Others, however, were merely curious. They wondered if Phera was a relative of Kastheen, as the two were similar in form. They flew with her, if at a cautious distance. Others trusted her gentle words, and flew at her side, trying their best to answer her questions and ply her with their own. Their only experience with gods was with Kastheen, and they were free to talk fly with her, and so they assumed they could with all gods.

However, they didn’t know much about the news of other races, as they simply focused on their own business, and that of their goddess. Their knowledge on the other civilizations was slim. They were able to tell her of the island that Kastheen would make her home on, the creation of Chimera, the great guardian beast that she had made, and of the offer of Kastheen’s gift of the stone feather. The mayura also asked many questions. Who was she? Why did she look like Kastheen? How did she like the storms and rain? Had she made anyone they could fly with? Why had they not seen her before? Did she like Kastheen?

Meanwhile, the Mayura who had fled had come to Kastheen, and had told her of this other winged goddess, this avatar of the sun. Curious, and a little concerned, Kastheen left her floating island, and went to see this new diety. It wasn’t long before she arrived and saw her flying with the Mayura. “It’s good to see another of my siblings that enjoys the sky as much as I do.” Kastheen said. “It’s good to meet you Phera. I’m Kastheen, the Storm Warden.”

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: October 05, 2010, 06:14:15 pm »

The citadel of light echoed with a rythm.

In an enormous hall, a parade marched. As one, arms were raised, heads turned, and feet stamped a steady beat.

The marching itself had no purpose, but it had indirect effects. Those who marched were more conductive to discipline and order. Marching would only work if everbody followed the orders there were given. Marching would only work if everyone would trust in others to follow those orders.

And so they marched.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: October 05, 2010, 08:03:48 pm »

Endras was almost done gathering the tools he would need. Only one more remained... though it's creation would require a bit more cruelty.

The seven apprentice mages were studying under Regnal, still mastering the basics of magic, when Endras appeared outside the sanctuary of the wellspring.
"Hello future mages. I am Endras, the creator of this place. I have an offer for you. I will grant you a vision of magic, or power beyond the dreams of men... But you must understand: This gift is not a kind one. I shall show you wonders, but unless you be strong of heart they might well break you."

One of the apprentices steps forward to accept the gift. "Very well. Here it is: Power." The apprentice is instantly lifted off the ground, glowing with magic. Nothing but a flashy effect to the others... but the overconfident man saw much more. Vision flashed through his mind, of toppling cities with a wave of his hand,of incinerating forests with a thought, of building a tower to the heavens with nothing but the pure power of his mind. He was almighty... and then it all vanished. The light that had surrounded him was drawn onto Endras's wrists along with his other creations, and he was left with nothing. Nothing except the memory of being greater even than gods, and the knowledge that such would be forever beyond him.

"For strength..." Endras said as he faded away once more.

Endras creates The Taste of Power.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: October 05, 2010, 09:48:05 pm »

The God watched, as The Maw disappeared in a flash. Sighing, he lifted his hand. In a split-second, the group were around him. Same deal as before, I want you lot breaking up into two and protecting the edge of the corruption. Friend of Nemer, you are to do so to. Nemer, you are with me again.... We need to speak with one of my brothers. Standing, the thrones around him collapsed, being replaced by two thrones facing each other.

Turning to the greener parts of the world, the God spoke. God of Murder, friend of Knives, killer of the innocent... I would like to discuss something with you... For you may not realise but we may have more in common then you think... I would come to you but alas, I do not feel at home anywhere else... So when you are free... Please. Come talk to me.

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: October 06, 2010, 08:44:53 am »

Rahisael smiled. "I know why i invited you, Shaq. Your considerations are reasonable and well thought out. Though, i felt free to gather informations in my own way. I sent the wargaz out to hunt the other races- This is an important step. Those skirmishers will teach the races what war is. Further we will see which gods want to protect their races and especially how they will protect them. And if anyone is offended? It is no large scale war yet. I can always apologize. And regardless whether my wargaz slay or are slain themselves; My army will  grow."

Then the Maw appeared and Rahisael turned his attention towards it.

"I fear those rats weren`t sent by me. Someone played a prank on us." Rahisael frowned. "A rather.. Unfunny one."

"But anyway, i`m glad to see you here. And i will free the bloodghost- He suffered enough, but it was for a good cause." And he opened his hand and the bloodghost eagerly drank the blood on the floor; But it wasn`t enough to satisfy it`s thirst. Rahisael casually scratched his hand and some drops of godly blood fell to the floor.

The Bloodghost drank those, too, and was satiated. Within a few seconds he used his newfound strength to create a body of stone for itself.

Rahisael went on. "What my plans are? Now, that`s easy. I want to start an eternal war between the races. But Not now, not now. First we have to do some dirty work."

"First the Races must grow and prosper. They need to grow and they need to form different tribes. And then we have to motivate them to wage war. We all here got some unique talents that will be helpful."

"Shaq, you are right. We need informations. We need skilled murderers. You should use your murderers to assassinate the right people in the right time and the right circumstances. The killing of a beloved person or leader can be a very good motivation to go to war. Hide and Listen. And when the time is right strike from the shadows."

"Lord Hunger. You are the Lord of all kinds of hunger, am i right? If so you might instill the thirst for power or riches in some ambitious men. And in the blink of an eye they will go to war. Your Murr are also valuable.. I can think of some ways how they could aid us."

"And i? I will try to get more followers and worshippers all across the races. You should do the same- We need worshippers, servants, spies and warriors. The best thing that could happen would be that a might hungry worshipper of us claims rulership over a tribe or two. I also will start to build a formidable fortress and an army for our needs."

« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 08:47:16 am by Lordinquisitor »

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: October 06, 2010, 10:35:12 am »

"Excellent," said Shaq, clapping his hands together.  "I should get started on recruitment.  Does anyone know what Endras and Magus have been up to, by the by?  My eyes don't extend that far, and it would be nice to have the viewpoint of someone a little further seeing."

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 33