Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 33

Author Topic: Godhood III Play Thread  (Read 38735 times)

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Godhood III Play Thread
« Reply #240 on: October 03, 2010, 04:01:56 pm »

Endras manifested just outside the mortal towns. All of them, at the same moment. He then walked a perfect circle around each, clearly marking the edges of civilization. As he completed his circle the lines he had walked flashed, and glowing rings, similar to the one he had retrieved from the planet's core, rose from the ground. The rings converged on his manifestations, shrinking and merging until Endras wore a second bracelet of light. As his manifestations vanish the mortals hear a single sentence. "For thought... and for the blade."

Endras creates The Edge of Reason.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: October 03, 2010, 05:50:26 pm »

Magus begins his work. Currently, magic exists solely upon points of light, the rest of the Womb relatively dark as deepest night. He decides to change this. Magic is my Blood, and my Power as he speaks, a small stream of Essence flows from his hand, alighting upon the ground, burning all living things which it touches. From my blood shall be born the Chains which spread Magic throughout this world. Moving his hand, he traces a circle in the ground. By my word, I bind those glimmers of magic together, bringing my power to the world. No place shall be without it's touch. From Light to Light, let the rivers of magic flow! So it is spoken, SO MOTE IT BE! He breaks the circle, now filled to bursting with his power. It rushes out, a spiders web, connecting all the world, forming a great network of lay lines between the fonts of power. This reduces their overall power, but in some places, there it creates places of such potent magic that an apprentice may cast spells which their masters may find difficult. There are two of these, the first, upon Endras's sanctuary, which contains the pools of magic, and the second, with an even greater confluence of lay lines, is the spot at which he is standing, which holds 7 connections, among them one to the academy at the fountain.

He again focuses his power. This time, as he is doing quite a lesser magic, he creates his circle by his energy.
Here shall be my temple, a place of learning and power. Here shall those who shall become the great mages shall gather, and bask in it's glory, even as they gain their own. Here shall be my seat on this Womb, and that of my followers. So it is spoken, SO MOTE IT BE!

And so is the Tower of the Magi created. A great crystalline edifice, glowing with the power of the lay-lines which conjoin below it, a great golden glow, which seems like a lesser sun in the night.
Spoiler: Non-colored Version (click to show/hide)
Magus Creates the Lay Lines
Magus Creates the Tower of the Magi

« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 06:09:11 pm by ragnarok97071 »
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

blasts193

• Bay Watcher
  • Embrace Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: October 03, 2010, 06:38:33 pm »

As Kar'Thos examined the land around him he realized the balance of the elements was off. He then realized he had to make a location that is untouched by the seasons.
      So he turned a small location in to a wild place were fire water earth air ice and lava twine together in a floating chain of islands 300 feet above the earths surface. forming the chain of islands called the elemental sanctuary.

Kar'Thos creates the Elemental Sanctuary

Kar'Thos Then examines the ground as it begins to glow gold.  He began to speak"magic is a potent and powerful tool, but this lay lines are unusable for me.  I give this power to these streams of energy to make them usable for my magic" as he speaks his body starts to glow red, blue, teal, maroon, beige, and white. colors swirling and churning. he puts his hands to the ground and the rainbow colors transfered to the ground witch grow arcs of energy spiraling around the gold completing his part of the lay line system. this also added a third focal point, his elemental sanctuary.

Kar'Thos imbues his energy in to the lay lines and adds another large pool of energy below his Elemental Sanctuary.

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: October 03, 2010, 09:33:23 pm »

The Lord of Impatience, they call me? mumbled the God. How nice. Good thing I do not have time for the shortsighted and stupid Mortals my brethren have wasted their time on... . Sending a pulse of magic out into the void, the God lets a small sigh of surprise out. It appears we have mortal 'Royalty' with us. laughed the God. I will deal with them later... For now... I have events I must complete in the mortal world. With a flash, the God left for the desert of the mortal world.

And so, here we are... The God thought. It is time... To show my true presence, on this land.
With that, he turned and planted his hand deep into the hot sand. Minutes passed. Suddenly, the sand around his hand turned black and raced out, spreading quickly to the surrounding sand. And so... The seed of corruption has been planted. It is best, that it is not left unguarded then... Turning, the god spun a portal to the Abyss into the air and as he did so, 20 spirits left from it. Before they could make their move to the real afterworld, they morphed and changed, before they all finally stopped, in the forms of tall, dark human's, covered in dark robes.

What have we become? whispered one of them. Half of you, shall be tasked with the job of protecting the Abyss. With a sweep of his hand, 10 of the spirits vanished back to the Abyss. The rest of you, are tasked with the job of protecting this corruption, as it slowly spreads itself across the desert and eventually, this pathetic world. If you should fail.... The punishment shall be brutal. You should also know, that you can not fly, stand or do anything, in a place that is holy to another God or has not been touched by the seed of Corruption. The God paused for breath. However, you are still lost spirits. You do not require food nor drink, yet you are able to consume it, should you wish to. You are immortal but should you form take to much damage, you will return to the Abyss for healing. Turning and forming a portal back to the Abyss, Good luck... And do not fail me... My creations. And with that, he was gone.

The Wanderer 'plants' the seed of corruption, which is just the result of him touching the earth around him.

The Wanderer creates a sub-form of spirit, known as The 'Tauristan's', whose job is to protect what ever they have been ordered to do so. They remain loyal to the Wanderer only and are unable to enter place's untouched by corruption or places holy to other God's, unless invited into them. However, they still hold the immortality of spirits, unless their form is heavily damaged, of when they shall return to the Abyss to heal them. They take the form of tall, dark humans, covered in black robes. It is possible for a mortal to see through them. Half of them reside in the Abyss, whilst the other half protect the corruption.

nbonaparte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: October 03, 2010, 10:45:21 pm »

Flying silently over the world, Akiel observed the world. He felt a powerful energy nearby. Shielding himself from detection, he descended upon a desert. He watched a figure draw spirits from the Abyss, and command them to defend the now expanding border of scorched earth around him.

No, thought Akiel. This shall not be. Descending beneath the surface of the planet, he began to work. The throes of creation shook the surrounding land, as Akiel forged a sword of immense power. One who wields it will become the greatest warrior ever seen. While in possession of the sword, the wielder will become a demigod. Immortal, and with unheard of strength and skill with the blade. But its true power is that which it has when used upon immortals. Spirits and demigods are reduced to powerless husks of their former selves, and gods are weakened by its strike. Akiel had some influence on the wielder, but not total control.

Exhausted, Akiel left, placing the sword in the hands of the nearest mortal he could find.
Akiel creates the Animus Blade, an extremely powerful sword. 3 acts.
A service to the forum: clowns=demons, cotton candy=adamantine, clown car=adamantine tube, circus=hell, circus tent=demonic fortress.

Atilliano

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: October 04, 2010, 01:44:21 am »

Corruption...
Corruption came to The Womb.
Aarseral immediatly felt the corruption when the god of Impatience touched the sand of the deserts.
And it began to spread..

Quickly Aarseral stood upright and began working on The Vestera.
He pumped more and more power in it until it didn't just protect the circle from the corruption, but also slowed down the corruptions spreading over the whole world.
This is better, but still bad, I need to speak with Voltarucus about this. The god of life said.

Aarseral left the safety of the circle and began searching the forests until he found Voltarucus.
Then he asked him: Have you not felt this corruption that spreads through the lands and infects nature?

Aarseral increases the power of The Vestera, making it protect the circle from any danger and slowing down The Corruption over the whole world.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 01:23:52 am by Atilliano »

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: October 04, 2010, 02:13:40 am »

The God smiled, as he watched his new creations spread around the Abyss, looking for danger. His plan to control a realm of his very own in the mortal realm was becoming true. Suddenly, a mental connection sparked to life, between the God and his creations chosen leader on the surface, Nemer. Creator, the being said. The corruption has slowed! We believe it may be the work of one of your family, Creator. Sighing, the God replied I understand. Break up into groups of two and watch the perimeter. I want you and a chosen Tauristan brother, to meet me at the edge of the mark. We shall confront this... Person.With a flash, the God vanished from the Void.

As he appeared near the edge of the Black Mark, he saw the two Tauristan's make their way towards him, moving just above the sand line. Great timing... You two are to keep me safe, whilst I meet with my family. Do not leave my side. Also, order the rest your group to surround us, whilst not betraying their presence. As he finished, the God morphed into the same form as the Tauristan's, with the only change being that he had black robes, surrounding his face.

Flying up high into the air, with his guards closely behind him, the God came to a stop high in the air. Turning to North, the God spoke. Brothers, sisters and my own dear Mother, if she so wish's to, are welcomed to meet me where I stand, should they find themselves worried about my work. All are welcome and I am willing to discuss my effect on this land. Also, I warn you, do not bring any of your meek creations with you or they shall perish and corrupt; in this place of The Wanderer. Finished, the God sank back down to the ground before quickly forming a temporary meeting place inside of the black, corrupted sand, consisting of normal sized thrones surrounding the sign of the Abyss, with a larger version of the thrones at the top of the circle, for the God himself.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: October 04, 2010, 06:53:07 am »

' This is a direct insult to you and your authority, father. Surely you will deal with them as soon as possible.'

Amparos shook his head slowly. Telazar was visibly seething with anger, red-and-black flashes illuminating his otherwise calm form. He kept that out of his voice, though, not wanting to show his frustration. They were standing on the deck of the Furya, staring at the cool coastal waters here. The ground arose suddenly from the sea only a few dozen metres away, great, jagged cliffs holding up a vast sea of green. These temperate forests continued a few kilometres up-river, where they turned into the beginnings of a mountain range and the unforgiving badlands.
Telazar's little band of humans had actually crossed the badlands, trying to get away from him. This had surprised Amparos. He had not thought these weak imitations of the gods capable of such a feat.

' You have not dealt with them yourself. I see you know how vulnerable and... mortal you are outside your home, Telazar. So much alike them, in fact.' Amparos finally answered, looking up from the sea. Telazar began to growl, but quickly forced himself to stop.

' I... I am not of their kin, creator. They are short-lived and weak, and barely more intelligent than the animals of these forests!'

' You will still die, in the end' Amparos said. The lake-spirit was about to answer but he continued ' But I see this is important to you. I will deal with them, if you insist. Leave the boy here.'
Talezar frowned, but nodded his thanks anyhow. Bowing one more time, he slipped over the edge of the ship and disappeared into the waters. The young human was left on the deck, frozen in place.

Amparos guided his warship further down the coast, heading for the still-young settlement built across a secluded beach, guarded on both sides by more cliffs. He had no intention of crushing them, as Talezar had wanted. They could still be of use to him. The badlands contained little water and food, and guaranteed the people of this tribe had become strong.

The Furya slipped past the last of the blade-like cliffs striking out from the ocean floor, and came into sight of the tribe. The settlement instantly exploded with activity, the little children in the water making their way to the beach incredibly quickly and a horde of warriors appearing from the makeshift huts serving as the homes of the villagers.

When he approached, the warriors raised their spears and stone axes, few showing fear even in face of someone such as him. Good. They were true warriors.

' You have declined the offer of one my children, declined to serve him. That is commendable. I thought all mortals cowards and weaklings. You crossed the torn lands and survived. That speaks of strenght. I am the god Amparos, ruler of the seas. The creatures of the sea, which you hunt and kill, are all mine to command. Who here is your leader, the one who spoke with my son?'

A greying, weary-looking man stepped out from behind the warriors. The villagers were beginning to return now, watching him with interest. Amparos looked up and down the old man.

' Good. He took something from you, and I will return him.'  He brought the boy out from the sea and broke the paralysis. The old man rushed down to embrace him. Amparos continued on.  ' I have an offer to make, as well. I will grant you a much larger bounty of the sea-life. I will grant you protection from any threats from outside your lands. I will grant you a time of great growth and happiness. In return, I ask for warriors. An army, ready to come at my command. And I ask for these warriors to accept my... gifts, for them, to aid them in battle. This is my offer.'

Amparos looked at each warrior at a time, watching their reactions. The offer was much in favour of these mortals, but trying the same methods as Talezar would no doubt be a failure as well.

Amparos gives an offer to the human tribe; if they accept, their warriors will begin to gain mutations for battle, such as claws, tentacles or a hard shell.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: October 04, 2010, 12:32:17 pm »

The Ritual reached it`s climax.

For hours now the Wargaz had danced around their primitive totem shrine; A wolf skull mounted on a stone altar. The skinchangers, those that already were able to change their form at will, calmly watched as the whelps, those who never experienced the transformation before, ritualistically spattered themselves with the blood of a slain wolf.

Greypelt, their old but still vigorous chieftain, oversaw the ceremonial rites. It was their most important ritual, the initiation ritual for young wargaz.. And it was his task to make sure that they were properly initiated.

The society of the wargaz shunned those that never "wore a wolf pelt" as they called it. Whelps were on the lowest rank in society and were treated as such. They weren`t allowed to talk in the presence of proper wargaz, for example.

This yearly ritual offered them a chance to escape their plight- So it had to be perfect. And rituals led by Greypelt usually were.

One dancing whelp howled out as his body began to change- And the tribe howled with him. Slowly he transformed into a wolf, and Greypelt was a bit jealous. After the transformation the warg would run into the forest, to test his new senses. The first time was always overwhelming, and Greypelt could still remember how new and how strange and how good everything had felt after his first transformation.

Meanwhile three whelps were still dancing and Greypelt pitied them- The ritual was almost over, and they showed no signs of a upcoming transformation. They would have to live on in shame for another year.

The newborn warg run off into the woods and Greypelt decided to end the ritual- The sun was going down and the hunters would want to hunt soon. He barked some commands at a nearby warg but stopped when he heard something strange.

He heard a great clamor, and shouts, and cries- And it seemed to come from all directions at once. It grew louder and louder- Until it filled the whole world and drowned out everything else.

And suddenly a strange figure was standing next to the sacred skull, and the noise died down. But greypelt could still hear it, at the edge of his mind, like a constant whisper.. Or reminder. But that didn`t really concern him; What concerned him was that strange figure. It looked a bit like a wargaz, but it`s features were a bit more delicate, his brown hair curly and his eyes of an uncommon color. His garments were outlandish, too, for he wore no pelts but ornaments made from something golden that glittered in the evening sun. A stunning sight.

Every wargaz was staring at it, in silence and awe. Everyone of them, the three whelps excluded, knew the figure- For they saw it whenever they transformed into a wolf. They called it the bloody chieftain, for a lack of better words.

"A wolf skull? That`s your only totem? I had hoped for something more elaborate. " The figure barked in the rough tongue of the wargaz.

"I don`t understand." Greypelt said flatly and perplexed. The whole situation was weird, and he didn`t know how to deal with it.

"Nevermind. We will talk about that later. We have more important matters to attend to."

"But.. I.." Greypelt stammered. Then he took a deep breath, cleared his throat and went on:" Who are you? What are you? Why do you appear in our dreams? Explain!" He demanded, with the voice of a proper chieftain. Then he barked at the skinchangers and ordered them to surround the figure.

"Found your wits again, eh?" The figure asked, laughing. "Very well, i have to say i`m fond of you. You know me. You worship me as the bloody chieftain, your guide and ancestor. Yet, i`m far more. A god i am. Your god i am. I made and shaped you."

Greypelt didn`t know what to say- After all those years suddenly the bloody chieftain should appear? And he should be a god? They had worshipped him, yes, but not as a god but as their ancestor, their guiding spirit. Long ago the elders came to the conclusion that while spirits are real gods are nonsense- after all, they never saw one and they never spoke to them. But the bloody chieftain had to be real, after all they saw him during every transformation.

"Bloody chieftain, you presume too much!" Greypelt shouted. "You are our ancestor, but you are no god."

The bloody chieftain only chuckled. And Greypelt suddenly saw some strange figures walking towards them, and he shuddered as the wind shifted and he smelled the smell of rotten flesh.

One by one the abominations came near, and the wargaz backed off in fear. The abominations were bigger than them, and all were a grotesque conglomerate off flesh, stone, bone and wood and the stench was overwhelming. They were coming directly towards him now, and he could see their horrible, dead, faces.. If they had any. One of them wore the skull of a bear as head, crawling with maggots.

"Convinced?" The figure asked, smiling.

Greypelt nodded. "We are- But send those.. Things away!" He was, and it shamed him to admit it, scared for the first time in his life. Those creatures were nothing natural, they shouldn`t exist, they shouldn`t walk, yet they did.

"As you wish. Your tribe, your rules." The chieftain said, humble."  Go away, back to the caves, and on the way repair your bodies." And the abominations turned around and walked back into the forest, out of their sight.

Greypelt sighed in relief. "Yes, we are. Only a god could create something as.. as wrong like that. But what do you want of us? We will do what you want."

"It isn`t just about what i want. What do you want? Food, a place to hide, an exciting hunt? I can give you all that."

"And what do you want in return?" Greypelt asked, wary.

"In return i want your worship. That is all i want."

"And how shall we worship you?"

"That is actually pretty easy. And by worshipping me you get the things i promised you, isn`t that nice? There are other creatures out there, similar to you. They can`t transform into wolves, but underestimate them not. Make contact with them. Learn from then what you can learn. And hunt them, when you feel ready. Spill their blood, but don`t consume their corpses. Bring them to the mountains and see how they rise again in my service. And call me Rahisael from now on. Rahisael the Lord of War."

"We will, Rahisael, we will." Greypelt promised.

"Good. You`ll see that war is a very special kind of hunt.. A good kind of hunt. Serve me well, and you`ll be rewarded. But i have one last favor to ask."

"Anything you wish."

"I need one of you. For.. For something. You`ll never see him again, i`m afraid."

Greypelt hesitated. That was much to ask for. The pack was sacred.

"Don`t worry- That`s the only sacrifice i`ll demand from you. I need it to seal the pact; I need it to see that you are no weaklings." "I despise weaklings." He added.

And greypelt made a decision. "Very well, take one of the whelps. They are weak and through that sacrifice we shall show that we aren`t."

Rahisael nodded, grasped one of the whelps, and vanished.

---

Rahisael orders the wargaz to worship him and to make contact with the other races. If they feel ready they shall hunt them. He also takes one wargaz whelp with him.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 12:36:19 pm by Lordinquisitor »

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: October 04, 2010, 01:29:49 pm »

Lord Hunger watched the small Murr in their daily business of cleaning up the Arena after the fights.
He had watched as a good half of them decided to follow the primitive part of the Northren to the North. He had watched as they finally realized that they wont get much of those and decide to find another host. He had watched their perils and their long travels.
And so he decided to change them.

But first they had to prosper. He watched them proudly as they used the petty quarrels of the humans and the other races to prosper. How they seemingly did the work for the humans of cleaning up the blood, removing the broken weapons and shields and carrying away the severed body parts and dead combatants. But while it was junk and refuse for the humans it were priceless fortunes for the Murr. The corpses and severed body parts were valuable food sources, while the seemingly broken weapons could be reused...

But still there were some among them, some that had become stronger and larger through the travelling. The most dominant of them even had grown fur.

In this very moment where he decided to gift those strong ones, the message of the Wanderer reached him.

How very interesting...

This time however The Maw would not go unprepared to a meeting. Last time several of the other gods were armed and although he doubted the killing power of some of the weapons they carried, he thought it best to have one for himself. It was quite an unimpressive piece: an old rusted iron longsword, seemingly powerless but it was indeed able to hurt mortal and immortal alike. But instead of killing them, it tore at their souls, ripping bits from it and giving the power of it to his master. He knew that that idea has often been used by the one or the other god, but only the results of it mattered to him.

Finally he appeared in the desert which has already begun to be tainted...with...something.

Nice Ambience...brother. Does it reflect the blackness of your soul or is black the new fashion?

As he chuckled it sounded like the rasping of two rusted pieces of iron against each other.

But well...you have called here i am. What is it with your ominous "Corruption" you are spreading here? I hope you dont want to turn the world black...it wouldn't look that well trust me...

While saying this he took a place in one of the thrones and threw amused looks at the Tarians which tried to conceal their presence.

The Maw creates The "Rust". A sword
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 01:53:12 pm by Ghazkull »

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: October 04, 2010, 01:37:40 pm »

Kastheen was in a relaxed mood, rather pleased with the situation. Her chimera had reported that the whole island of Nativa had descended into the sea. It would be well protected in Amparos’s realm, not to mention by Nativa’s own power. Without having to worry about the island, she simply rested, sitting with her back to a tree and simply thinking. She had tired herself out with levitating the island and with making the chimera, but that didn’t keep her from planning and imagining what she would do with the island. She had ideas for palaces, for courtsyards and gardens, for a home for herself.

Lost in thought as she was, she didn’t notice when a little Mayura came and landed beside her. Kastheen looked up, seeing that it was a little child that had come to her. The child was nervous, understandably, and fidgeted, self consciously preening her wing feathers. Kastheen just smiled, and motioned for the little Mayura to come and sit by her. “Don’t be afraid, come and join me,” Kastheen said. Cautiously, the child came up, and sat on the ground by her. “What’s your name?”

“Ija, Lady,” The child said softly. “Can I ask you something?”

“Go ahead, Ija.” Kastheen said with a nod.

“Lady, some time ago you gave out gifts, or my dad says.” Ija said, picking at the grass with her talons. “We fly in the sky, but the other Mayura can fly in the storms. But I can’t. I’ve always wanted to. Can I have that gift too?” Kastheen glanced down at the child, surprised at the bold request. But she couldn’t help but admire the innocent courage of the child to ask her. Slowly, Kastheen got to her feet, and stretched her wings out.

“Do you want to know something? The gods have emotions too.” Kastheen said. “When I made the Mayura Amaashi, I was angry because some of the Mayura left me, so I only gave my gift to a select few. But now, I think I’ve waited too long in correcting that mistake. Come and fly with me, and I’ll give you the gift you want.” Kastheen spread her wings, and took off into the air. She flew to her floating island, with little Ija flying behind her. She alighted upon the island, feeling the wind of the sky blowing over her.

Kneeling, Kastheen picked up a stone from the flying ground, and held it in her hands. As Ija watched her, Kastheen began to shape it. It took the form of a stone feather, a foot in length and a light grey in color. Ija found it unassuming in appearance, and not very interesting. “Here, touch this,” Kastheen said, holding the feather down to Ija. Ija didn’t hesitate, and planted her wing hands upon it. The change was very quick and slilent. With a faint mist released from the stone feather surrounding Ija, her feathers shifted from the grey to the blue of the Mayura Amaashi. Ija gasped, and looked at the new color in her feathers.

“Wow! I’m an amishi now!” Ija said. She lunged forward, catching Kastheen by surprised as the little child hugged her. The goddess just smiled, resting a hand on the child’s head.

“Amaashi,” Kastheen corrected, “Yes. Go back to your family now. Let them know that their place isn’t fixed, but my gifts can be earned, as your courage earned you yours. Let the other Mayura know.” Ija nodded, and jumped into the sky. Kastheen watched her, to make sure she made it back to her home safely. Turning back to her island, she fingered the stone feather. It turns out that the first building wouldn’t be for her after all. This stone feather needed proper housing, a place for the mayura to come and petition for her gift.

Kastheen creates the stone feather, an artifact that will transform Mayura into the Mayura Amaashi when they touch it. It’s unknown what will happen to non Mayura who touch it, but something will happen.

blasts193

• Bay Watcher
  • Embrace Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: October 04, 2010, 08:06:49 pm »

Kar'Thos need to give a gift to this mortals the gift of magic.  "These people do not know anyway to produce any use of magic" he said "This could cause a problem for later if i do not settle it now."

"I must teach this young races my power and through this they will come to warship me as their giver of power."

one nation at a time Kar'Thos traveled around the world teaching his lessons to the young and the strong willed.

He gave water magic to the Malenar and the  Lanenti,  Air to the Mayura, Ice to the Northren, and earth to the Murr.  he also taught them philosophy and theology teaching them what gods there are and what there rightful place in the world is. (the gods not the people).

Kar'Thos gives the knowledge to wield magic and lessons in theology and philosophy to the races of the world
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 08:45:53 pm by blasts193 »

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: October 04, 2010, 08:46:14 pm »

Kill Khan, aghast at what incredible technological advancements were taking place around his creation, sought to further enlighten those who dwell in his domain. He plunged deep into the crust, but with finesse as to not dirupt the going-ons, and sought out the metals and ores beneathe the village. Though this mine was a way off from the arena, it would still provide the materials necessary, Khan pulled most of the metals and ores up from the depths, filling in the hole He made with rich deposits. He sought to teach His Civilians about advanced metallurgy, and the forming of alloys through the bonding of different metals. During the next night, Khan entered the dreams of one of the farmers, and gave the man a message. "You will go out to the south of the village, and under a mound of rocks, you will find a rich deposit of ores, near this mound, you shall construct a forge, and with this forge, you will be able to smelt metal tools and weapons like none other. Do this, and you shall be blessed in combat, never to lose a fight, so long as you fight fair and just. Khan then gives the farmer plans, and the exact location of the ore deposit he made, and left the man to do what he will.

Khan delves into the crust of the planet with finesse so as to not disturb the other going-ons.
Khan gathers ores and metals beneath the crust, and uses them to fill in the hole he made.
Khan then enteres the dreams of one of the farmers, giving him instructions, plans, and a just reward to seek the ores, and build a forge to make tools and weapons.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: October 05, 2010, 02:20:24 am »

Tass floated down to the Arena, interest sparkling in his eyes like the silver on his lips. He saw the fights and the contests, with the Murr silently taking away the refuse and trash. On them, his eyes remained. With a snort and a grin, Tass wove the form of a tree above the Murr's largest burrow, willing it to produce fantastical and varied fruit, as well as tubers underground fit for liquor. As the tree grew at an alarming rate, the first crop showing mere minutes after its creation, Tass took the form of a silver fox and crawled into the nearest tunnel. After convincing some sentries that he was not, in fact, after their young, Tass resumed his human form and seized a nearby Murr.

Hey, you. Come with me.

Dragging the uncomprehending Murr by the elbow, Tass came to a tunnel that he knew would be near the taproot of his Tree of Plenty. Scraping at the side of a wall with a shard of light that had appeared from nowhere, Tass uncovered one of the juicy tubers, then another, and another. Grabbing a torn and discarded leather cap from a pile of junk nearby, Tass squeezed the tubers out into it and clicked his fingers in front of the Murr's face, making sure it watched as the mixture bubbled and changed colour to a clear, golden fluid. Tass dipped a measure of the liquid out with one of his golden cups and held it to the bewildered Murr's face. As it drank, a smile grew on its face. When the cup was drained, Tass was nowhere to be seen, the cap still half-full of golden fluid at the Murr's feet.

Tass creates the Tree of Plenty above a Murr burrow at the Arena. It will grow a huge variety of healthy fruit, as well as tubers that can be made into alcohol. Tass also teaches the Murr to brew alcohol from the tubers.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Humaan

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, I know Human is spelled with 1 "a"
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: October 05, 2010, 08:25:45 am »

Aarrook had left the island with knowledge. Not enough, in his opinion, to be cause for action. There were many questions left unanswered. What were his enemies’ objectives, and how could he prevent them from coming into power. How could stop them before he could start. This meant only one thing. Aarrook had to regain his former status, for he was Earthbound, and the Stars are what could help him see the world as it truly is. He had to think of a plan. While this world was alone in his grasp, he knew that his response was limited. If he could even go high above the world, beyond even the sky, he would be able to access the situation better. Until then, he had to make do with what he had. Which was, to say the least, was very little. There were many races in the world, and yet none would suit paradise’s needs.  They had faults, which could cause catastrophe. Not that faults are bad, but he had little room for error. He did not wish to pile another race on the many which already cover the Earth. He had to do something to a current race, but none of them would suit needs. None could change their ways fast enough.

Maybe he is being too specific. He tried focusing less on the races which walk the Earth, and more on the Earth itself. He saw every groove, every valley, every lake, every sea, every mountain and every plain. The entire Earth was sought over. He had to notice every little detail. He knew then what he had to do. Every part of the entire world had conflict. The great winter had caused that. There were food shortages, there was battle, and there was unnecessary death. What was need was a haven, a land for the masses. A home which would nurture paradise, and would nurture a concept which was still unknown to this world, at least to the average person.

Civilization…

With that, the winter felt for so long had melted. Even after winter ended, it was long for any one person to try and survive in the world. Races had not experienced such a thing, and a lifestyle was threatened. If one was reliant on the Earth, and the Earth could not provide, famine would occur. When famine occurred, people died with not reason. As with a seed, the soil would serve to shield it until it can grow in to a sprout. Then, the sprout would grow larger, into a tree. A tree turns into a forest. Paradise is a seed as well. With a shield, the seed would grow. With this, his power would grow. Enough for a new seed in the soil, and the cycle continues. Opportunity had revealed an option. It was time to go start planting.

He had turned attention to a region which had caught his eye. It was a lone river, going through a valley. It was not a major river, but it was strong still. No race lived in the land, and the land felt worthless. It had its own worth. There was iron, copper, tin, and many other metals and minerals in the hills. The river was pure, like impurities were filtered out somewhere upstream. The land, although a rocky flat, had too much potential to ignore. As Aarrook explored the land, the soil bid his orders. It became loose, more like soil then its rocky origins. The soil filled with nutrients, so that all plants could grow here. The sky, before as erratic as the landscape, calmed down with the ground. The land started growing, as rocks turned to soil, soil slowly turned to grassland. Aarrook, when done, had changed the very nature of the valley. The land was fertile above comparison, grass was growing, and the weather was tamed. The land was now a haven to life in the once infertile landscape. Aarrook knew it was time for the march to begin.

Aarrook alters a valley, formally infertile, to be the most fertile place in the world.
Spoiler: Unnamed Valley (click to show/hide)
Aarrook begins watching over the valley
Quote from: SolarShado
Hell yes! Who need a space elevator when you've got a space escalator!?!?
Quote from: Cthulhu
Watch out bots, Sherlock Humaan is on the case.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 33