Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 33

Author Topic: Godhood III Play Thread  (Read 38744 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Godhood III Play Thread
« Reply #210 on: September 25, 2010, 02:56:11 am »

The Frostgod's unseen eyes observe Akiel as the being speaks to His children. Wary at first, the Lord's features soften as He sees His children being taught the ways of metal and stone. This is as it should be, the Northren will grow. This knowledge would flourish with the Seed of Intellect he planted within the Northren, flowering into art, culture and scientific prowess.

So it is written; So shall it be.

As the chosen Northren return to the village, a whispering wind carries words to Akiel.

You have earned the favor of the Frostgod, fellow immortal.

And the Lord's presence fades back into the surrounding snow, as though it never was.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: September 25, 2010, 07:35:18 am »

Amparos did not doubt some gods were yet to stand up and make their speech, but it seemed like the majority had spoken. He nodded to Mother, stood up and walked over to Kastheen's log bench.

'Sister, if you still wish to speak with me, I will be waiting at the shoreline.' he leaned in to mutter in Kastheen's ear.

Amparos made his way to the point where the ocean waves met the island's sand, and sat down to think. The island needed defenses, from beings like the murder-god and it's kin, and also of other attacks. The Northren, Silver, had already tainted the island with the thoughts of a mortal. He was going to make sure things like that would never happen again. Of course, he could always use Furya, but she was a warship, and should not be forced to stay put. Something else was needed...
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: September 25, 2010, 02:10:25 pm »

Does no none have anything to say? If so, then I must take- WE must take- our leave. Mother, if you have little else to say... Piped Carmanthyre from the forestline.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: September 26, 2010, 06:54:56 am »

The overgoddess nodded silently, staring into the woods for a moment.

I have more stories to tell, but for now it will suffice that you are responsible beings. As gods, you form a Pantheon. It is not only me, but you yourselves as well that lead this Pantheon.

You are all responsible for certain actions, but even more so you are responsible for balance. Ensure that this world stays balanced by doing all you can that your spheres allow, and you will gain my trust.

Gain my trust, and you will earn a favor.
Nativa turned to Kastheen and Amparos. For your patience I will grant you one of those favors, that you will decide on together.

Return to the island when you made your decision, and we shall see.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 07:05:32 am by Caesar »
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: September 26, 2010, 07:03:21 am »

Shaking his head in anger, the God turned and walked through the still present portal, which then imploded violently behind him, causing a near by tree to catch fire.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: September 26, 2010, 08:06:55 am »

Tass smirked.

Oi, Fishbreath. See what you can do about putting that out.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Humaan

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, I know Human is spelled with 1 "a"
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: September 26, 2010, 08:22:20 am »

Aarrook had little time to listen to each gods introduction. He knew who his enemies were, but he didn't have enough information to start taking action. He had information, but the question is, how should he act on it?

The Overgoddess... how should he react to this? He never had an active experience with an Overgod... not with a peaceful one. He knew she was an ally, but to what extent?

Shaq... a god of murder. Of all people, this man Aarrook had the most suspicions of. Aarrook has been able to tell if someone is lying, and there are some indcation "Shaq" could be doing so. He was not ready to accuse him, but a eye had to be on him.

He knew what the silence meant. He had his own introduction to do.

"I am Aarrook, entity over paradise, and shall only accept that for this world. Ruin shall happen on its own, but seek to prolong that."

"You, the one who calls hims Tass, how about you put out the fire. Its not a God of the Sea's job to put out a single tree. Rather, it is to safeguard the sea. By making such a jeer, you might as well take responsibility."
Quote from: SolarShado
Hell yes! Who need a space elevator when you've got a space escalator!?!?
Quote from: Cthulhu
Watch out bots, Sherlock Humaan is on the case.

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: September 26, 2010, 10:14:25 am »

“Thank you mother,” Kastheen said, stepping up to give Nativa a hug in farewell. “I’ll have to talk with Amparos, and decide later what we should ask for. This is quite a gift, and shouldn’t be used hastily.” Kastheen added, after releasing her Mother. She turned to leave the island, but paused a moment when the imploding portal went off, scorching the ground and lighting the nearby trees to fire. She sighed, and glanced up, and clouds suddenly formed. Rain began falling and the fire was soon doused. Kastheen let the rain slowly fade to a light drizzle, as she went to join Amparos at the beach.

“Guarding this island might be difficult brother,” Kastheen said as she came up to Amparos’ side. “If we’re facing gods who center around death and killing. But still, I’m glad Mother can defend herself. And I have lots of ideas for guardians I can make. …Anyway, I’m not sure what to ask for with this favor. I’m of a mind to save it for when we’re faced something our own power cannot best.”

“But I do have a favor to ask of you Amparos. You’ve made your own home, the Furya isn’t it? I’d like to make a home of my own. To that end, may I have one of the islands from your vast realm?” Kastheen asked.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: September 26, 2010, 10:23:35 am »

"I have one question to your speech, mother," Shaq posed, having recently recorporated by Her will.  "Define 'balanced'?"
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: September 26, 2010, 10:30:35 am »

It wouldn't be his job either to put out the tree, pointed out Carmanthyre, rather, it would be a act of heroism, even if a small one. Do you think, Silver, That you could whip the Father Blade from the direction of the sea, up through the air, and bring it down on the tree?

"Aye." Said Silver, blinking. He pointed the blade at the ocean, waited a few seconds, and then spun it upwards and lowered it quickly at the tree. A great plume of water could be seen rising up over the horizon, but midway it faltered and drenched the island. The tree, however, still burned.

Silver sighed. "Rustle me up a bucket, would you?" He asked the God in the Blade. A gold bucket appeared at his feet.

It's a artifact! Said Carmanthyre proudly.

"What does it do?" Said Silver, hoisting the bucket with one hand.

It carries twice as much water! Said the child-god. Silver ground his teeth, cursing his luck. Oh, what it would have been to be the priest of some more rational god, like a god of chaos, or a madgod! It would have made things so much simpler!

yet, as he reached the edge of the clearing, a storm formed and put the tree out. Silver looked at the small miracle with jaded eyes. The he simply let the bucket fall with a clatter to the ground. No use lugging the artifact everywhere. He'd bring it away from the island, but little else. Let it be buried by winds and time!

Carmanthyre creates a golden bucket that carries twice as much liquid as it's volume would normally allow. Unfortunately, gold is incredibly heavy and so is water, rendering the artifact difficult to carry for most mortals.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: September 26, 2010, 10:35:42 am »

Or even the priest of a god of murder, as he was offered.  Shaq watched the display out of the corner of his eye whilst awaiting a response from the Mother - in particular the manifestation of a bucket so incredibly impractical as to render its one positive quality useless.

"Brother, if this is the tone of things to come, I suspect our antagonism might be much shorter-lived than I expected," he said, rolling his eyes.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: September 26, 2010, 10:52:48 am »

HOW DARE THEY! roared the God, his eyes glazing over in fire. She dares to kill my creation before saying that me going there was a waste of time? SHE WILL PAY FOR THIS! As The Wanderer screamed these last words, the void exploded into color, lighting his entire domain. In a mater of split seconds, the light was gone. The God's eyes had returned to their empty, hollow state and the God had calmed. The God then made his way to the nine Omni and their followers. As he arrived there, he made a sign of welcoming. With a loud, collective sigh, the spirits, of whom the Omni had brought here, disappeared into the darkness of the void. Making another sign, the God watched as the Omni slowly disappeared again, except for one, whom took over the place of the deceased Omni.

The Wanderer allows the lost and forgotten spirits, whom are brought to the void by the Omni, to freely roam the endless planes of the Void.

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: September 26, 2010, 12:21:35 pm »

Rahisael left the island pretty unnoticed. He had watched and listened intensely; But he didn`t want to hold a lengthy speech himself. He was the god of War and he spoke with deeds.

Some of the views of his fellow gods amused him; Especially those of the the peace loving gods. Other gods, like the god of murder or hunger where more to his liking. He would speak to them soon.

But first he needed an army to fulfill his will. The Wargaz were unsuited; They were feral and he liked them, but they lacked discipline. And worse, they felt emotions like love.

He searched for the ideal basis among the races of the world for his new soldiers, as he did before for the wargaz, but he found none.

"If the living don`t suit my needs" He declared "The dead shall serve."

He found a dying wargaz, buried under snow and the carcass of a bear, surrounded by thick trees.
The wargaz felt no remorse, for while he died he had won. The only thing he rued was the fact that he wouldn`t be able to fight, hunt and kill anymore.

Rahisael didn`t know what would happen to a mortal that died, whether he would go to an afterlife or simply cease to exist.
But it wasn`t important anyway. Respectfully he waited till the hunter did his last breath- But then he wasted no time.

He grapped the soul of the wargaz and twisted it, removing all thoughts of mercy and love, and bound it to the world so that it wouldn`t go to the afterlife.

The result was a weak and pathetic thing: A blooghost. A creature which lusted for blood but couldn`t actually harm anything, formless and invisible to mortal eyes.

But it wouldn`t remain powerless for long. Eagerly the formless spirit began to drink the still liquid blood of it`s old body and that of the bear and the spirit became more powerful and sentient until it became stronger than it ever was in life.

Following an inborn impulse the ghost used his powers to create a new body for itself- And it did so in a gruesome way.

He used the flesh of the body of the wargaz as the foundation for his body, but added parts of the bear carcass and stone and wood to augment it. The result was a monstrosity of flesh, pelt, stone and wood- A creature which looked like a normal wargaz but with the head of a bear, his flesh mingled with pieces of stone and wood, spikes of wood and stone protruding from his body.

Following the orders of Rahisael it lurched towards a cave deep within a great mountain and waited inside, waiting for further orders, in hibernation.

Content with the results he created other bloodghosts that wander the world in search for blood.

---

Rahisael creates the Bloodghosts, creatures that are occasionally born whenever blood is spilled. In other cases the soul of a bloodthirsty warrior might become one after death.

All abominations are ordered to go into a cave within a great mountain, henceforth called the peak of blood.

Spoiler: Bloodghosts (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 01:09:15 pm by Lordinquisitor »

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: September 26, 2010, 01:02:51 pm »

' Yes, we may need to use these favors in the future. I do fear we may soon need something that will allow us to... keep some of our kin under control.' Amparos indicated the burnt-out remains of the tree killed by the void-god's outburst with a nod. ' You may choose an island for yourself, if you wish. Though surely the skies would be a more pleasant home for you? Still, if that is what you wish...'

He began walking down into the embrace of the waves, already gathering the energies needed for his creation. Having already used up much of his power with the Furya and the spirits, it would be weaker than he would've liked. No matter. Later on, he could improve upon it. Amparos, waist-deep now, got to work.

Just at the end of the island's influence, sharp, intertwined vines began to form. They spread slowly, creating a circle around the island, both on the surface and underwater. A web, which now formed always-shifting blades, razor-sharp. It was a ring of seemingly harmless green, but would cut anyone stupid to attempt to cross it in half. Or well, mortals, that was. Amparos didn't even bother to have it attack his kin as well. Atleast it would alert him if anyone entered the island, even if they did it across the skies.

If mortals, like Kastheen's fliers, tried the same, however, the blades could be launched high in the air.

This was more of a method of surveillance than a defense, but it was a good start.

Finished, Amparos swam back to the shore.

Amparos creates the Circle of Protection around the Island of the Gods
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: September 26, 2010, 01:29:01 pm »

“You’ll see, brother. The skies are nice indeed, but they cannot be shaped as readily as the ground. But I need not choose one over the other,” Kastheen said. As Amparos busied himself with creating the Circle of Protection, Kastheen took to the air. She began soaring over Amparos’ domain, scanning for a suitable island for her purposes. Eventually, she chose a smallish rocky island, one that bore little life on it or around it in the sea as far as Kastheen could see. She didn’t want to disrupt any major areas of life, given that the Mother of the Titans tasked them with maintaining the balance of the world.

She began putting forth her power. A loud crack was heard echoing from the island. There was a second, a third, and a fourth, and the whole island began to lift up out of the ocean. Water, and the occasional fish fell from the former shores, and there was a sudden current as the sea rushed in to fill the gap left by the floating island. As the island gracefully ascended, Kastheen flew up to alight on the edge of it. She smiled as she envisioned the plans she had for it.

Kastheen levitates one of the islands from the ocean into the air. How high it goes and where it flies is under her control.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 33