Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 33

Author Topic: Godhood III Play Thread  (Read 38750 times)

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
Re: Godhood III Play Thread
« Reply #195 on: September 24, 2010, 01:11:22 pm »

Kastheen smiled as the dragon’s might was turned back onto itself in a most self-destructive manner. It was a good demonstration of the Overgoddess’ power, and helped to calm her fears about the Mother’s vulnerability. She could defend her island quite well it seemed. Anyway, it looked like Nativa wanted to get to know each of them. Kastheen didn’t mind waiting; she was pleased that their mother wanted to know about all of them.

Eventually Kastheen stood up, and took the throne for a moment. “Some of you have already met me. Some of you I’ve never seen before. I’m Kastheen, the Storm Warden. Before I came here, I wanted nothing more to fly with the Mayura and enjoy the rain and clouds. I heard the call of our mother like all of you, and had arrived just in time to see the attack Shaq tried to make on her. Being the god of murder, it might be in his nature, but it is also in my nature as her daughter to wish to see her safe and well. Though I don’t desire strife with any of you, and simply wish to fly with my creations, I will be helping our brother Amparos to defend this island from those who may wish our Mother harm.

Having said her piece, she returned to her seat on her bench by Nativa.

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 24, 2010, 02:38:22 pm »

Still standing, and apparently un-noticed as of yet... Khan waits, observes, and listens... till the time comes...

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 24, 2010, 02:39:56 pm »

The Overgoddess turned her head to the arrivals, gesturing in one gracious movement to the throne.

Speak, my son.
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #198 on: September 24, 2010, 02:59:26 pm »

Annoyance... the Winter Lord could not sleep.

So much noise.

His ire flashed out in all directions, unbidden and undirected. Storms began to stir, frost forming prematurely as temperatures plummet across the world.

Winter is sometimes harsh, and the mortals of the world must endure.

The Frostgod is annoyed, and the world will suffer harsh winters this turn. Crops will suffer unexpected early frost, ruining much of the harvest. Temperatures will fall far lower than normal, and winter storms will ravage the lowlands blanketing most of the world in thick snow. The loyal Northren suffer along with all others, knowing this as a test of their faith. They must endure as the wolf and the bear, refusing to succumb to the perils of weather and environment.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 24, 2010, 03:18:31 pm »

As the black roiling cloud of death flew towards him, Silver grew in strength. He held Carmanthyres blade out in front of him, giving his will to the god as his people used to do to the god of winter. A shimmering white-gold shield formed in front of him.

But the shield was unneeded. Shaq stepped in front of the blast and absorbed it, crumbling into ash. A few seconds later he reformed back in his seat, but where he had been killed lay a small pile of ashes.

And, a glint of Honey.

Silver dipped the blade in the Honey, and the liquid quickly grew more viscous than water. It ran up the blade, fighting gravity, shrinking all the way as the baby god inside drew out his first drink of heroism.

I feel! I feel! I can speak and talk without referring to myself in the third person! Haha! My thanks, Shaq! Sqealed the Hero god in a five-year-olds voice.

And so the first true act of heroism was done by the enemy of all that Carmanthyre stood for.

Opposites are closer than one would think.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

blasts193

• Bay Watcher
  • Embrace Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 24, 2010, 04:22:23 pm »

Kar'Thos reluctantly stood up and began to talk. "As some of you may know my name is Kar'Thos God of the Elements. I am here to preserve my Elemental sanctuary.  Therefore, head this warning; anyone who treks in my islands that desires to do harm to me or my land Will be thrown off. The fall will most likely not kill them, though the ground just might."
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 08:54:13 pm by blasts193 »

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 24, 2010, 04:24:52 pm »

Magus rises, and moves to speak.
I am Magus, and I am the god of Ritual Magic. At the moment, I have done few things, the greatest of which was creating my phoenixes.

He holds out his hand, and Pyrris rests upon it. He makes a sound of greeting.
Not exactly very intelligent, at the moment, but they have a gift for my power, or at least some of it. If any of you have creatures who you wish to learn from me, feel free to send them to my tower. I will eventually start advertising, but right now I am considering my next move.
Spoiler: Non-color Version (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 09:12:46 pm by ragnarok97071 »
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 24, 2010, 05:07:38 pm »

Endras stands moments later. "My name is Endras, and I too am a god of Magic. Enchantment to be more precise. It is I who gave shape to the magics of this world, taming the once wild flow into something more useful."
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 24, 2010, 05:21:26 pm »

Now aware that he has been noticed, and what is going on here... He waits for the latest rehabee god-like entity to return to their seat, and stands near the centre of the group "Well, now that I am mostly aware as to the goings on... I would like to introduce myself..." Khan takes a deep bow to no-one in particular "I am Killa Khan, the Ragnarok, the Battle Lord, God of battle. I do not strive for death, or perceive it as murder... but it is an acceptible consequence. I have created only two things on this cellestial body... A grave for the death of those who go un-buried... and an Arena for those who live to fight!" Khan, appreciative of his finely approached entrance, smiles slightly, and returns to where he stood before.

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 24, 2010, 07:12:58 pm »

A large, black portal formed in the air, near back of the circle, of which, The Wanderer stepped out of. I leave for such a small amount of time and as soon as I leave, I FEEL MY CREATION DIE! the God roared. WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS!

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 24, 2010, 07:16:41 pm »

You are. - Nativa looked at him intently.
That, my son, is the price for impatience and a false excuse to get away of it. The void is empty, there is time enough. Sit.
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 24, 2010, 07:22:14 pm »

Baring his teeth, the God made a sign with his hand and the small remains of the Omni disappeared. I shall stay then... But I will not forget this. The God proceeded to sit down on his bench, once again shrouding his face in his hood.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 24, 2010, 09:07:19 pm »

And What are you to do, Voidgod? Said Carmanthyre. Silver held the sword higher so the God inside could get a better view.

I belive we have established that there will be no killing, no revenge without the others consent. At least on this island. And No-one is likely to give their life unless it benifits them, or they feel that it would serve as a greater profit to the whole than a cost to the self.

No-one dies. There will be no revenge. No murder, no war, no heroism, for what are any of these without the other? I may despise Shaq and what he stands for, but I love him to for it is him who gives me life and the Lawgod who gives
him life and so on and so forth. We each keep eachother in line only through our opposites. Each enemy is our lifeline. It would do you well to remember that, Impertinent One.

Silver took a step forward and lowered the sword. He looked a bit top the left of the Voidgod, in fact looking at Endras, but his words were obviously directed at The Wanderer.

"I know not who you are, or what you look like, or what fear you may inspire in those who see you. But what I do know is that my blade speaks the truth. If what I've gathered is true, none of you are all-powerful. In fact, from what I saw in the clearing, you act like piglets squabbling over their mothers teats!

"But you have the potential for greatness, be it terrible or goodly, and you can only acheive this greatness by subduing, not destroying, your opposites." Silver stood tall, looking up as if he belived the gods to be 12 feet tall each.

Hehehehe, you make a fool of yourself! Look down, fooly! Heheheh! Giggled Carmanthyre, and Silver blushed and looked back down, this time actually focusing in the correct position.

"Please, I can hear you all, but I cannot see. Remember, powerful you all are, and a war between you would not only be ill-advised for you, but your worshippers as well. Would you slay the very beings which give you life? Or... Death, I suppose..."

Silver retreated back in the shadows.

Good work, mate. You make a good speaker! said Carmanthyre.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 24, 2010, 10:46:45 pm »

The Psychopomp stared disinterestedly at the conclave of deities, and turned back, watching the sea of souls before him.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

nbonaparte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 25, 2010, 02:48:11 am »

Leisurely floating across the ocean, Akiel was deep in thought. He had made boasts, claims to his powers and purposes. But all he had really done was spread around some preexisting ideas. It was time for something new, something momentous. Turning towards the northern lands, he flew towards the lands of the Northren and their creator god.

Manipulating his normal humble craftsman manifestation into something more impressive, a wise old northren, Akiel materialized in the middle of a village in a shower of sparks. Northren, hear me, Akiel spoke with a commanding and unnaturally loud vice, My name is Akiel, and I have a great gift for you. I ask that the wisest among you comes forward. Several heads turned towards one of their number. They respected this one. Akiel locked eyes with him, and pointed his direction. You. Come. Don't worry, you will return before nightfall. And with a wave of his hand, Akiel and his student vanished.

The two emerged on the side of a nearby mountain. Akiel gestured to the fire below signifying where the northren's village was. Do not speak, only listen. I assure you that all you hear will be remembered with crystal clarity. Reaching into his cloak, Akiel produced a small metal bar and a dagger. These are made of bronze. This is what I will show you how to create. Pointing at the rock face, a space large enough for two northren to comfortably stand in turned to rubble. He reached in and picked up two stones. Bronze is composed of 2 materials, one of which is found inside stones with this light green color. The other is locked in stones like this one here, a reddish black. Make these very hot in each others' presence, and they will combine. Just contain your campfires to attain the great heats necessary, like this. At these words, a kiln with a raging fire below it formed from the rock. He tossed in the stones, glancing at the still attentive Northren. It takes far longer than this normally, but I have little trust in your attention span. After extinguishing the fire and opening the kiln, he removed a very quickly cooling glob of bronze. Turning towards the Northren, Akiel addressed him directly for the first time. This becomes soft and malleable when hot, it allows you to form it to any shape you so desire. There are better methods and more materials for you to discover yourselves.

Looking rather pale, the northren found himself standing in his village with a hunk of metal in his arms.

Akiel gives the Northren metallurgy and bronze.
A service to the forum: clowns=demons, cotton candy=adamantine, clown car=adamantine tube, circus=hell, circus tent=demonic fortress.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 33