Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 33

Author Topic: Godhood III Play Thread  (Read 38751 times)

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
Re: Godhood III Play Thread
« Reply #165 on: September 22, 2010, 05:38:56 pm »

Tass sighed. Despite all the mote-things inane nattering he was, indeed, still in the clearing. Imbecile thing. It was a pity he'd have to work with it later. Walking back to the clearing of the log benches, Tass arrived just in time to be blinded by a brilliant white starburst. Swearing a grumbling under his breath, Tass walked into a low branch. The cursing increased in frequency and profanity until Tass regained his sight, at which point he walked straight over to Silver, grabbed Carmanthyre, and tossed it seawards with a mighty 'FUGGOFF.'

Dusting his hands, Tass sat down on his bench.

Did I miss anything?
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 22, 2010, 06:12:00 pm »

The sword made a screeching sound as it plunged beneath the waves, the noise dying fast as the water covered Carmanthyre up.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 22, 2010, 06:50:51 pm »

Travelling was fast, but ariving was slow... It seemed other powerful entities had gone hours before, but what seemed to Khan as a mixture between years, and seconds... but once he arrived at this malevolent palace, he just stood in awe.

Khan materialized and approached the gathering, hearing bickering, and shouting, he delayed any massive egotistical sort of entrance, and just waltzed in.. quitely...
"What is this place? Furthermore, who are all of you and why havn't I seen you before?"

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 22, 2010, 06:55:35 pm »

Shaq stared at Tass for a few moments.

"You, sir, are my hero."
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 22, 2010, 07:03:24 pm »

And with that, a rather wet sword appeared in Silvers hands. Silver, shocked, dropped the blade. It embedded itself deep in the dirt of the island, buzzing slightly. It sounded a bit like...

Laughter?
Thou art I, I art Thou.
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 22, 2010, 10:53:10 pm »

Cheers.

Tass gestured at Silver.

Anyone have any idea what he's doing here?
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 23, 2010, 09:11:22 am »

Silence!

The elder Goddess screamed the word, although it sounded more like a high-pitched singing. While the bickering Gods were doing their weak bests to use their powers on her island, she had grown frustrated. With annoyance she slumped back, into the wooden chair. Serenity returned to her forms and she sighed.

I am here not only to meet my children, but to tell a story. It is a story I do not take part in, and it is a story I was never told, but it is a story of truth. It is the story before all of our own still so short stories. She waited, looking around the chaotic ring.

Sit down, or leave. - She said, with an almost flattering yet strict intonation.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 01:07:03 pm by Caesar »
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

Atilliano

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 23, 2010, 09:15:37 am »

Always happy to learn new things, Aarseral waited until his mother would begin the story.
He looked at the others to see if they would leave.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 23, 2010, 09:23:50 am »

Silence reigned.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 23, 2010, 12:13:50 pm »

without saying a word, Lord Hunger moved to his bench and sat down

One day i will make her pay for chasing me through the woods like an hunted wolf

he thought before turning his attention to whatever the goddess had to say

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: September 23, 2010, 12:31:25 pm »

Rahisael just yawned. "I`m staying. Got nothing better to do anyway.. Except maybe fun stuff."

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 23, 2010, 01:32:51 pm »

There was a time, long ago, that there was only one world, one Goddess, one universe. This Goddess was an overgoddess, like me. She was ancient and wise, brute and gentle. Nativa paused there, slowly looking at every one of them.

She was the one to create the first real Gods from the essence. She was the one to lead them to wisdom and balance. They were often jealous, angry, violent and hungry. They were often loving, giving, peaceful and fulfilled. All of them, no matter what spheres of the mortal world they represented, were two-sided.
The mortals, seeming so inferior to them, were exactly the same. They were irresponsible at times, thoughtful at others.

Nativa jumped from her chair, landing on top of the stone table, walking round it, pausing in front of every one of the assembled Gods, examining them closely.

Those Gods were bound to their spheres, but they were, like you, flexible. They were changed by both mortals, and by themselves to a greater extent. Their spheres and alignment were not solid, but fluid. Those Gods too, were mortal in mind, changing and adapting throughout their lives.

You too resemble mortals, but with a responsibility and power far beyond them. I will not be biased against you, for you are what you are, but remember that every decision you make is yours, every instinct you follow is by your own choice or lack of strength. You are fluid, you are growing.

Nativa sighed softly, lowering her face as she sat on the side of the table, in front of Lord Hunger.

Several gods, though, decided that they wanted more. Sharing was not a thing they wanted to do, not even the mortal realm. Instead of war brought upon the many continents by the mortals themselves, those Gods chose to annihilate their rivals through bloodshed of mortals, of innocent. Their war, their conflict, took a firm hold over the Old World. Eventually, the Pantheon collapsed. Two new were erected; The House of Old, led by the Mother of All, and the House of Daggers, led by a younger God full of fury. The two Pantheons fought one another for an amount of time that was greater than any mortal life ever was. Many were sent to the afterlife too early, many suffered.

Nativa shivered as her voice took form as a soft, sad singing. Eventually she stopped, focused on her story again after having moved, almost danced, gracefully to the throne.

The birth of a God is never predicted, a fact that can't be contradicted.
The conflict made them blind of The Traitor. Like a snake, silent, shifting shapes, he set them up against one another. Both Pantheons collapsed into feuding and violence. In the confusion, he scavenged, he grew, and eventually he claimed to be stronger than the Goddess that gave birth to them all.

They defeated him, but not without a price. The ancient world, with all of its ancient Gods, was destroyed. The essence was ripped and shaken. The Shapeshifter was banished to another universe, bound to it. Instead of one universe, multiple now co-existed, inaccessible to one another. The Gods of Old were divided throughout part of those universes, they were split, stripped of their powers to start anew, to start like the Old Mother once did.

That is the story I wanted to tell you, that was what I wanted to share.
Nativa got out of her chair, sitting at the bench next to it, close to Kastheen.

I want to hear you talk, any of you, about your achievements. I want stories, plans.
I need to know my children, please, I plead to you, take my chair.
Spider Overhaul

Godhood VIII

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 23, 2010, 02:40:38 pm »

You still no see, but you hear, yes? Whispered Carmanthyre in Silvers ear. The old northren nodded, his mane of white hair bouncing. His mouth was slightly open, enraptured by the overgoddess' song.

I hear too. I see. She crawl on table like tiger, lion. Big cat. Feral, wild, pure nature. Not favorite thing, but good enough. the blade shivered a bit. You make sense of it?

"N-no..." Whispered Silver back to the blade.

Me no make sense either. Maybe make sense in time. Carmanthyre increased his volume to a normal talking voice. Hero-god would speak! Speak with mortal as witness to true event!
Thou art I, I art Thou.

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 23, 2010, 02:43:12 pm »

Silently the Goddess gestured to the throne.
Spider Overhaul

Godhood VIII

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: September 23, 2010, 05:20:14 pm »

The sword dragged Silver reluctantly to the throne. He laid it quickly on the chair and scooted back.

No. No. Come back! I speak with little man as witness! No! Bad little man! No run!

Grimacing, Silver took a step towards the sword. It sighed and started it's story.

I Carmanthyre, god of heroes. I not talk well, but I know alot for little baby-god. I born...

I not remember when born. I come into existance with Bad-man-in-night and Hungry, but that not when Hero-god born. I born... Before.

I remember thing from before, but no solidness. Nothing I can say, speak. I remember color, and stone, and a library. I remember colour and fire and a good god of War. I remember... A moon. Bad moon. Lots of little bits and peices and hungry all the time. Eat another god. He join voices.

So many voices. They speak together like twin-god. Red and blue and honey and oil, but all the time dark and empty.

I remember things from this place, but I no know nothing more.

I born under corpse. Corpse of hero, made by villan. Made by Silver.

Silvers eyes widened. He stumbled back, terrified.

"Lies! Lies!" He cried stumbling back. He looked franticly around the clearing, seeing invisible gods behind every tree and small boulder.

No! Cried Carmanthyre, buzzing. Not lie! Silver taken in by Jealousy, Greed. Kill a man. Then I born. I born, and Bad-man-in-night, and so many other bad, icky gods. Icky icky, like yucky oil.

I make sword. Father sword, make from dagger I find. No know where dagger come from. I make sword home. Home for baby god, hero god.

And then I sit in room. Argue with Silver until he say sorry. Now we friends. Right?

Silver looked incredulously at the blade for a few seconds, then smiled and picked it up before retreating back into the boughs where the two had been hiding for most of the meeting. Silver put the sword over his shoulder in a restful position, still smiling. He felt as if nothing in the world could harm him.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 33