Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 33

Author Topic: Godhood III Play Thread  (Read 38753 times)

Atilliano

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Godhood III Play Thread
« Reply #150 on: September 22, 2010, 09:29:33 am »

Like Amparos Aarseral too followed his mother back to the circle again, and sat down on his chair.

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 22, 2010, 09:48:07 am »

Enough. My patience is exhausted.

Terron departs the island towards his citadel.

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 22, 2010, 11:00:07 am »

As Nativa left, Kastheen again followed. This time, though, she moved at a more relaxed pace. Coming to the circle, and seeing the Overgoddess standing in the middle, Kastheen took a bench for herself, trying to sit near her Mother. Partially to make sure she could intervene quickly lest Shaq tried anything again, but also because Kastheen simply liked her. She could be patient when she wanted, not all aspects of weather were capricious and fickle.

Still, though, she was thinking, her mind turning with possible new creations. Some were geared towards various ways of protecting the island, and the Overgoddess, but others were geared toward making a home for herself. This island tickled her fancy, she wondered if she could make something like it. She decided to speak to Amparos when this meeting was done.

LAAT501legion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 22, 2010, 11:30:50 am »

-Tch, this is  a waste of time
The Lord of Death opened a portal to Draxion, and a dead Scatii come trought it.He then returned to Draxion, because he was able of communicating with everything dead, so he could hear trough the Scatii ears and speak trought his mouth if necessary.
This isn't reality.
THIS IS DWARF FORTRESS!!
*kicks an elf into the pit*
Roll to be a BATTLE WIZARD

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 22, 2010, 11:38:56 am »

Rahisael followed the other gods and lied down on his bench again. He grew ever more bored; And he begun to feel truly thirsty. This island was too far removed from any violence indeed.
Maybe he should have encouraged shaq to kill the overgodess; But it was too late for that now and he just hoped that the long wait would be worth it.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 22, 2010, 11:57:19 am »

Magus sighs, as it seems that he will have to do a lot of walking today. The phoenix on his shoulder makes a sound not unlike the pop of a burning log, and flies off to hunt, though it finds nothing, and soon returns to him, now sitting in his bench. It lands beside him.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

blasts193

• Bay Watcher
  • Embrace Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 22, 2010, 12:05:52 pm »

after becoming agitated with all the walking  Kar'Thos elementally teleports back to the circle

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 22, 2010, 12:45:31 pm »

Carmanthyre was alone in the clearing with Silver. The old man was gasping for breath, able to sense the power of the gods but unable to see any but Carmanthyre and brief glimpses of those the mite-god touched.

Carmanthyre settled on a tree branch eye-level with Silver. The old Northren turned to look at him, eyes wide in fear.

Little man? Little man hush. Clamness! Calmness like ocean, ocean whoosh, ocean splash, but ocean never angry, no?

The northren had never seen the ocean, living inland all his life. But he nodded yes anyways. To do otherwise was tantamount to suicide, whether the god was going to kill him or not. Silver had no way of knowing who controled what, only that one wanted to kill the nude woman.

Come! Come! See mommy again! Touch mommy, and maybe good thing happen! Or...

Said the little god, the branch he was sitting on leaning forward towards Silver.

big boom. New moon. But no gain with no risk! Always roll of die, but heroes always win! See! See! No more blindeness little man! Look, observe! Trust! Gods like big babies, crying, whining, moaning for mommy milk but mommy sleep deep and no milk from sleepy mommy!

So gods make own milk! Gods grow, get old! Now, this time, Gods like little child! No need mommy milk, but mommy keep gods safe and sound in house. Take sword to round table! I tell where go, and when you see, I grow big and strong and talk better like growed up! No more baby-waby talk for god of heroes, but I speak like little kid, then like young man, then old man, and finally talk as a god! Dip me in honey, and I drink and grow smart and big and strong like mommy! And so do you!

With that, the mote-god whipped into the sword, leaving the gleaming blade ringing. Silver pried himself from the tree, feeling braver than before now that there was only one... Baby... god in the clearing. Hesitantly, he wrapped his hand around the blade and followed the trail of crushed grass and what seemed to be rose petals. Every few steps he'd find a black, tar-like substance smeared on a leaf, or branch, and he knew that some god of evil was here as well.

"Honey?" He muttered, thinking perhaps the god of heroes grew on the blood of villany. He dipped the blade in the tar.

Ahhh! Yucky! Yucky! No use me like that! Grossly, grossly, grossly! Eww, taste bad, like murder! Yucky! The blade complained. Silver quickly drew the blade out of the black substance.

"Sorry! I thought you wanted honey?!" Said Silver indignantly'
That no honey! Shaq leave yucky where he touch live thing. Deadness, blackness, leave Shaq where Shaq walk. Death. Gross.
"Oh." Said Silver, pretending to understand what the hell Carmanthyre was talking about.

They walked on for a few miles, which took only minute in this odd realm of shifting islands and trees. Nature took precedence here over the very laws of reality, and life flourished and died in every crack and hole. Soon enough, the god and the mortal stood at another clearing. This time, a massive stone table took up most of the space, with fallen logs providing benches for the gods to sit upon. Silver held the sword to his mouth, feeling like a fool, and whispered:

"Where is... 'Mommy'? I don't see her."
Mommy on big white log, over there. Said the sword back, and it whirled around to point at a stark white birch log at one end of the table.

The log looked recently fallen, with a hint of sap dripping from the sides. Silver took a step closer to it, hesitated, and extended a finger...
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 04:47:40 pm by Karnewarrior »
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 22, 2010, 01:16:13 pm »

Shaq returned with the others and sat more peacefully upon his given log.  As other gods gathered, he saw a familiar, mortal face step into the clearing, bewildered and uncertain.

---

Silver stepped towards one of thrice-seven logs upon the ground, then faltered upon seeing the one visible being in the clearing - a black-haired version of himself.

"Hello, Silver.  You haven't kept in touch."
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 22, 2010, 01:22:52 pm »

Silver stumbled back, shocked. It was... Him! It was Silver, but younger, with the black hair of his youth!Except...

Now that Silver took a closer look, there were a few differences. It was Silver's face, sure enopugh, but it had a sort of gaunt appearance, as if he had not eaten for several days. His lips were dry and cracked, and there were wrinkles around his eyes where there were none before.

Silver raised the blade before him. He knew this one. He knew this god, this form.

"Shaq? Why did I expect not to find you h-here?" Silver stuttered, heart Racing. In his hands, the sword began to grow hot.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 22, 2010, 02:25:01 pm »

Endras followed the others back to the clearing and took his seat. He spoke not a word, merely looking about with some annoyance at the other gods.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 22, 2010, 03:20:04 pm »

Mumbling curses Lord Hunger followed the rest of the gods

You know that my form is an old half starved man? Has any one of you an idea how hard it is for me to walk? Dammit, i hope what she has to say is important, i really hope it for HER...

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 22, 2010, 04:23:05 pm »

"I think the real question is why you are here when-"  Shaq broke off his sentence and studied the sword for a moment.  "Oh.  Nevermind, then.  It looks like someone's given you a pass after all.  Just remember my offer and my promises before you meet me next."
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 22, 2010, 04:47:16 pm »

Promises? Promises?! Lies! Lies! All lies, murderous lies! Many lies! Hero-god see them as blackness of feet and hands and face! Shadows! Shadows! Black, deep, dark! The sword rang.

So many lies! Promises of power, much power?! No! Shaq no have power to give! All gone, power! Carmanthyre take it! Take it from bad-man-in-night and Hungry-grumbles and all the bad men and use for cage to put you in! Like lion, rabid lion!

I kill! I kill one day! You brother, but I spill blood! I spill blood for justice for what you do, what you will do! You will spite me for justice, so I will condemn you! I WILL END YOU!

The voice issuing from the blade grows into a thunderous roar. Carmanthyres rage exploded from the blade in a white fire. Impurities of the soul, villany, evil was stripped away in the bright light, tearing holes in black souls and burning the Murder gods skin. It wasn't enough to kill Shaq, but it was certainly enough to sting.

You bad! You corrupt! You look to make hero into villan, good guy into bad! Lies, treachery! Hate and Greed and Lust and Sin and all bad things, in you! I take the badness out, make you good again! I save you brother! Turned black in the ashes, but I make better! I save! I save...

Carmanthyre broke into sobs.

Carmanthyre looses a burst of light that burns the wicked. It doesn't kill them or even help the truely evil, but it makes nutral men good and so on and so forth. It also burns gods that are 'evil', along with any 'bad' mortal caught too close to the epicenter of the blast. The blast makes it as far as 1 Act will allow.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 04:52:03 pm by Karnewarrior »
Thou art I, I art Thou.

nbonaparte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 22, 2010, 05:25:43 pm »

Signing and turning back to the clearing, Akiel turned to Lord Hunger. "I don't see the point in an immortal being impatient. It is by our own vanity that we choose our forms. There are no mortals here, I suggest you appear healthy. What is a king doing hungry, anyway? "

As if on cue, a confused and slightly crazed looking Northren stepped out from between the trees. Before Akiel could correct himself, the sword the Northren was nervously holding blossomed with energy. Feeling it attempting to influence him, Akiel placed a powerful mental barrier between him and the light.
Akiel protects his mind against the energy. As much as one Act allows.
A service to the forum: clowns=demons, cotton candy=adamantine, clown car=adamantine tube, circus=hell, circus tent=demonic fortress.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 33