Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 33

Author Topic: Godhood III Play Thread  (Read 38764 times)

Atilliano

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Godhood III Play Thread
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2010, 12:13:49 pm »

Aarseral felt something very powerful spoke, somewhere far away from him.
it wasn't much, just a little feeling of a powerful voice breaking the silence of the night.
He decided he would just ignore this feeling and go rest some, although he was still thinking about this 'voice'.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2010, 02:15:18 pm »

A voice like ice spoke, borne on the winds chilling Amparos' flesh. It was faint, but contained a similar divine power.

"Greetings Amparos. I am the Winter Lord, ruler of the Northren and herald of snow and storm. Though I am not the one you have called, your summons reached me as well."

The air nearby suffers a sudden, biting chill. A presence was gathering in the air before Amparos, barely seen against the bright sky.

Atilliano

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2010, 02:24:30 pm »

Aarseral feels it again, this time from the north.
A powerful voice breaking the silence.
But this one is from something else, something cold...
Aarseral thinks for a moment, then, he speaks:

''Who are the beings talking to each other with the power of immortals?''

His powerful voice travels far and reaches the two gods who have just noticed each others existence.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 02:40:23 pm by Atilliano »

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2010, 02:42:14 pm »

'Lord of Winter? I know little of winter, other than it imprisons my coastal waters and locks in place even the mightiest rivers and lakes inland.' Amparos said and paused, taking a good look at the other god. This was a cold god, truly worthy of his cold realm.
'These lands are unfamiliar to me, but perhaps you know more. What can you tell me about the solid lands and their inhabitants, ice-god?
Are there more of our kin here?'

Amparos suddenly became aware of a third divine presence nearby, but it would have to wait. He had Ecaras, if it turned out hostile.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2010, 02:46:20 pm »

"You are the first being I have found which possesses thought and reason. The land is vast and varied, covered with mountains and forests. I know little of the places where winter's touch is felt lightest, such as the deserts and tropical jungles. It was good to meet a fellow being of our stature, but I must retire to my people and watch them should they need me. They are at a fragile stage, and nothing in this world lasts without care."

The frosty presence recedes, and with it goes the chill in the air.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2010, 02:51:16 pm »

'Hmh.'

With the winter-god gone, he tried to focus on the presence again, and realized it was simply the remains of a message, and one that he had not even heard. Still, if it wanted to talk, it could come to him.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Atilliano

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2010, 02:54:54 pm »

two or three miles away from Amparos a bright light appeard, which slowly reduced in brightness until Amparos was able to see a figure.
the figure stood still and his voice was loud and clear:

''What are you immortal? a god? a mortal that has grown so powerful he has become immortal?
explain.

The figure's light became brighter again, but it still didn't move a finger.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 03:00:44 pm by Atilliano »

Atilliano

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2010, 02:58:58 pm »

''Also, who were you talking with?
explain.

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2010, 03:23:26 pm »

When Amparos surfaced and made his proclamation, the new Mayura paused in their play. They watched Amparos, and felt a similar sort of power from him, as they felt from their own creator. But this new god of the seas was unfamiliar, and well armed with his divine spear of coral and teeth. They became afraid, and fled from him, flying back to Kastheen in the rain. In their own primitive chirping and screeching tongue, they told her what they had seen rising from the ocean. Kastheen soothed them with her voice, and flew to the waters edge where Amparos had surfaced.

She landed gracefully, slowly hovering down until her feet touched the sand. Her gaze fell on Amparos, looking him over, not quite sure what to make of him. However, she was not timid like the newborn Mayura, but merely curious. The crown of bones and the spear did not phase her. “So, I was not alone.” She spoke at length, her wings of cloud folding in behind her. “You called me, Master of the Deep, so I have come. I am Kastheen, Storm Warden and creator of the Mayura, whom you saw. It’s good to know I’m not alone on this world.”

Atilliano

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2010, 03:27:38 pm »

So, it seems there is a fourth immortal here, and apparently you are all gods. is this correct?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 03:30:27 pm by Atilliano »

Atilliano

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2010, 03:54:00 pm »

Aarseral suddenly feels his creations are in danger and disappears in a bright light.

After fighting the pack of wolves which attacked his creations he walked to a nearby tree and sat down to rest.
He would talk with the other gods if he wanted to later.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2010, 11:48:24 pm »

Tass awoke and uncurled, stretching his limbs as he observed this new place of being.

So boring. Tass decided to add some interest.

Silver streaks appeared in the night sky, dazzling some Mayura and causing a few impromptu landings. The streaks converged on a single point in the sky and grew until their intensity blotted out Phera's radiance, then faded away. In their place was a ball of silver, a moon polished to a magical brilliance, such that it would only illuminate those who desired attention, whilst leaving those who wished not to be disturbed invisible.

Throughout Amparos, a great shift took place as the new satellite's mass exerted itself through gravity, and thus began the first tide.

In the Valley of the Northren, a race memory older than Time herself compelled the wolf-people to, one by one, raise their maned heads and howl welcome.

Tass creates Flin, a moon of magical polished silver that only reflects light onto those who desire attention.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2010, 01:37:52 am »

Before he had time to answer the strange light, it disappeared, but that didn't matter. The creator of the sky-people had finally arrived, descending from the skies.

'Kastheen... yes, I remember the strong winds, dancing with the surface waters. It is good to finally meet you. No, we are not alone. I have briefly met with the ruler of the northern lands, a Lord of Winter, and heard a young being - I am unsure if he is of our kin - calling out to me, though he is gone now.' he paused, feeling a slight shift in the ocean waters. Strange. ' It is good to see the spark of sentience spreading in this world, even if in just simple mortals.'

Atilliano

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2010, 05:20:31 am »

Aarseral was looking at his creations which were feasting on the corpses of the wolves they just fought when he noticed the moon in the dark sky.
''What is this?'' he asked himself.
Then, he heard wolves from all over the forest began to bark at the moon.
He was surprised by this reaction from the wolves first, but then, he became curious.
He went to study the wolves until he would fully understand why they barked to the rock in the sky.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 11:42:43 am by Atilliano »

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2010, 03:07:06 pm »

The eldest of the Titans awoke gradually, the warmth and light of her fiery birthplace finally rousing her out of her slumber, chasing away the dreams of endless aeons. Over the ages, she'd seen visions of the past and the present; the formation of the land, the skies, and the seas of the Womb, and the birth and growth of life over the world. Under the Sun's vigil, it had become a paradise.

But as she uncurled, and looked down upon that distant domain, Phera became concerned.

She had also seen visions of the future, and this paradise was a fleeting one. She knew not what would happen, or when, but she had also seen pain, suffering, and conflict... and eventually, naught but consuming darkness, that had only given way to the light of her awakening.

Could that come to pass? Like her namesake, she knew it was her responsibility to stand vigilant over this world; as the Avatar of Light and Life, she would see to it that it never would. Her resolve hardened, she unfurled her great wings and sped off into the cold depths of the Void.

As Phera approached her charge, riding a wave of solar wind, however, she noticed something odd. While the Sun moved off towards one side of the world, she noticed a swarm of bright lights streak towards the other, congregating on the dark side, near the horizon. And these strange lights suddenly coalesced into a great silver mass, that, like her Sun, began to orbit the world. It was certainly no natural phenomenon- could there be others as powerful as her, to cause such things to happen?

It was an exhilarating prospect; perhaps, together, her and any others could work together to prevent those dark visions from ever coming to fruition. But there was no time for thought now, as she breached the Womb's atmosphere, and raced across the night sky like a blazing meteor, observing her new domain.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 03:08:46 pm by HailFire »
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 33