Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 33

Author Topic: Godhood III Play Thread  (Read 38758 times)

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Godhood III Play Thread
« Reply #120 on: September 20, 2010, 08:14:55 pm »

"A fair proposition," Shaq confessed.  "If you can't kill me, you could bind my essence.  Yes, that seems fair - reduce the burden of murder upon the world by locking away its master."  He stretched lightly, the rage and anguish vanishing from his features and replaced with a sort of gentle calm.

"Of course, this leads to logical conclusions.  If you are to lock away Murder and hatred, you must lock away War, and Battle, and Hunger that is Greed and Vengeance.  Or even the gods of magic, if you aim is to stop men from hurting one another, because I assure you they will find ways.  When you have locked us all up, and thrown away the key, there you will have your perfect world - and a still, lifeless world it will be.

"But take heart!" Shaq cried, with a bright smile upon his face.  "I cannot harm Mother even if I want to.  I cannot want to harm Her, because She does not will it.  I cannot disobey an order from Her, because that is what we all are.  Puppet spirits of this world.  So imprison me - but you will not stop what I represent."
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 20, 2010, 08:16:49 pm »

Looking up from his pipe, Tass raises an eyebrow.

Having fun over there? I suppose I should introduce myself.

Tass stands up, doffing a ridiculously large feathered trilby that had only just materialised on his head.

Tass, God of the night.

Leaning towards Amparos, Tass hides his mouth behind the hat, as though to exclude others from the conversation, though he still speaks loudly enough that all present can hear.

That's when it gets all cold and dark, and you have to hug one of your squiddies so you don't get scared.

Once again addressing all present, Tass tosses the hat off to the side, where it disintegrates before it can touch the ground.

I suppose I should go and make sure the rest of them aren't all slowly drowning in quicksand, or whatever it is you others do for fun.

With that, Tass turns on his heel and strides off into the forest.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

nbonaparte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 20, 2010, 08:24:25 pm »

Shaq, I will trust that you speak the truth, that you really cannot harm Mother. But if you show any further intention to harm her, I, among others, will deposit you in the deepest, most distant pit on this world for the foreseeable future.
A service to the forum: clowns=demons, cotton candy=adamantine, clown car=adamantine tube, circus=hell, circus tent=demonic fortress.

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 20, 2010, 10:56:48 pm »

His eyes briefly glowing with rage, The Wanderer let out a small sigh. So we have one of our kind as a traitor to his own family?... Well... If you do wish to imprison him, tell me. No mortal or God can escape the Abyss its self without my permission. Realizing he did not even know the names of whom he was talking to, The Wanderer raised his empty eyes to the small group. "I am The Wanderer, God of the Dark Abyss. Creator of the Omni and the guider of the lost. And whom, may I ask are you?.

The Omni returned just as he finished and flashed red, before communicating with the God.It appears I have matters to attend to. Lets make this quick shall we? I'm sure we can all introduce ourselves in detail at this little meeting. Turning, the God walked to the small clearing where the female had gone to, with the Omni following above his head.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 01:15:48 am by nuker w »

LAAT501legion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 21, 2010, 12:56:45 am »

The Lord of Death was shocked.A murderer.An they don't want to punish him.That wasn't justice.Stupid gods.He walked into the meeting.
-Well, what is this about? As i said, I have more important things to do-Said looking angry at the others gods
This isn't reality.
THIS IS DWARF FORTRESS!!
*kicks an elf into the pit*
Roll to be a BATTLE WIZARD

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 21, 2010, 01:18:05 am »

The Wanderer barely lifted his head to look at the impudent God. Glad you could grace us with your presence. Sit down and we will find out in due course.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 21, 2010, 05:59:07 am »

Amparos realized everyone was heading into the woods now, leaving him alone with the murder-god. Hmh.

' Right. You will not leave this island. If you try, I will make sure death will come for instantly both you and your buddy, 'Lord Hunger'. Though... we are surrounded by the ocean. Do you wish to attempt escape through my realm, murder-god?' he said, withdrawing the spear though still wary. After staring at the being for a while, Amparos turned around and made his way into the jungle, only hesitating slightly at the edge. The ocean would still be nearby, after all.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 06:08:02 am by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 21, 2010, 07:40:57 am »

Shaq let out a soft sigh when Amparos had left.  He had felt death enough times - though it would never truly stop.  He felt something release, and found he could stand again.  Keeping to himself, he walked on towards the clearing where the others had gathered.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

Humaan

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, I know Human is spelled with 1 "a"
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 21, 2010, 07:49:07 am »

“I awake.”

Paradise is a thing which was rarely obtained… Aarrook knew this well. He had died for paradise. How many times? Innumerable. How much time? Since the beginning of time, of the beginning of beginnings, for all he knew. Each world has a memory burned into his mind. He has too many memories.
He knew his goals. He knew his enemies. They always have a different face, but the fact is still in unison.

“I am alive.”

The world which Aarrook woke to was different as well. Different essence, yet the same. He did not remember a world being as such in a condition like this. The essence was calm, not turbulent. He could not identify individuals in the essence. The gods of this Universe were alien to him. What they control, and if they are dangerous. Dangerous, to Him? No, he would just awake again, another failed universe. Paradise was threatened. Havens in the world needed to be protected. He had little to just do. He could not just think. He had to act.

Weakness.

He could not summon his power which he once had. Where had it gone? The essence, a material once mastered, now felt alien. He remembered how… did he? A lost memory to be certain, or a memory never there? While once he controlled planets at whim, he now could only affect locally. He once saw all, but now saw little.  The rules have changed. It was a new game. A game he did not intend to lose.

Contact.

He had a message. A memory which was not an old, for it came from this universe, from which he cannot remember. Messages driven into memory such as his, radiating with the amount of power… it had to be another God. Assuming, of course, the rules changed, that left only one possibility…

A Overgod.

He knew that a meeting was not normal. Overgods usually, for one thing, never met with ordinary gods. If they met, it was in secret. If it was not in secret, it was to destroy the gods. This world had unique traits that could not be predicted. A meeting however meant gods… which could be identified…

To identify enemies.

“To begin paradise.”

This meeting of the gods was a disappointment. Aarrook knew that well. For one thing, they seem to be tearing at each other’s throats. He had heard cries of an assassin. He had heard demands for death. He has heard demands of concealment. Where? He knew how hard it was to keep a god sealed. One cannot make a physical prison, due to most gods being able to just unmanifest. Aarrook had taken advantage of this fact many times. A divine prison had the problem of still allowing essence to the god. They could eventually escape. An extra-dimensional prison was hard to create, and had to be well guarded against leaving. Ultimately, there was only one way to keep a god seal; separate him from essence. There is no way to do this without flat out killing a god. A god of murder would not be easy to defeat, without something beyond ordinary gods.

“All of you are to inexperienced.... but what does that leave me?”

Quote from: SolarShado
Hell yes! Who need a space elevator when you've got a space escalator!?!?
Quote from: Cthulhu
Watch out bots, Sherlock Humaan is on the case.

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 21, 2010, 08:58:53 am »

The Goddess felt once more surrounded. She kept quiet, still, and upright. Her stature was now proud instead of insecure, firm instead of easily changed.
She remained silent until the moment Jack appeared once more. This time she did not run nor fear. She was curious. She wanted to understand him. She stood up, somehow appearing larger than she was, erect, but at the same time impossibly fragile.

"Why? I do not understand what it is that fuels your hate, your mishap. Does your hate have a reason?"
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 21, 2010, 11:11:02 am »

"Existence, Mother," said Shaq.  "You made me Murder, and how can I be otherwise?  My existence is suffering, and pain, and hatred - and it cannot be otherwise, for that is the essence of what murder is.  I hate you for making me.  I hate every murderer who killed, and I hate every victim who was murdered.  I hate them for having the free will to make the choice to murder - and I love them for it.  And I hate you for not giving us that will as well.  I cannot harm you - you will not, in your heart of hearts, permit it.  Ultimately, the only cure is death - yours and mine, to end this world and my part in it.  But - if it will reassure my brothers, I think you know that I cannot harm you in any physical way."

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 21, 2010, 11:20:29 am »

You, in fact, can. I have got no power over you whatsoever. It was you that decided not to strike. Nativa shivered. Yes, you were spawn from me, but what makes you think I made that choice? Just as you are what you are and can't help it, I too have no control over what I create.

She took a step closer to him. You've got your free will. I have got no direct power over you. If you still feel like striking me down, do it. It is your choice, but is it really what you want to do? Are you stronger than the urge to shed blood?
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 21, 2010, 01:02:50 pm »

Kastheen stood, listening with concern to Nativa’s and Shaq’s discussion. Particularly since that the overgoddess just admitted her own vulnerability to the god of murder. She moved up next to Nativa, watching Shaq’s movements carefully, wary of his knife, despite the presence of the other gods. “I don’t know the answers to the questions of free will,” Kastheen said, surprisingly even given that she had been the first to try and strike down Shaq, though her storm had faded before she could. Earlier, her rage had burned hot, and had used her. Now it ran cold, and she used it. “Nor do I have the patience do debate this. What I do know is this. She is my Mother, and I love her. Even if she could not control it, the gift of existence she has given me is wondrous. I will never let harm to come to her.”

She surveyed the other gods present. The Maw might be trouble as well, as it seemed to support Shaq, or at least oppose Amparos. Rahisael too, though he seemed less concerned with helping Shaq as much as looking forward to the battles that such attempts would cause. On the other hand, she trusted Amparos to be a steadfast ally if the situation worsened. The Lord of Death likewise seemed to be with Amparos, and surprisingly the Wanderer as well, though to a lesser degree. The other gods seem to just remain aloof from the situation, irritated at all parties involved, or simply didn’t seem to care.

“Amparos, I would speak to you later, when we have the time,” Kastheen said after a moment.

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 21, 2010, 01:25:12 pm »

Bicker and squabble in your own time, but not in mine. Until recently, I have dealt solely in the affairs of mortals. I do not have any ties to gods, nor do I intend to - you are no mother of mine. You must have had a reason for wanting me to come here, and I suggest that you spit it out quick.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 21, 2010, 01:56:18 pm »

The Maw frowned

Free will? Really? Do you really think so great mother? that we have something like free will? No... we are bound to our characters, to our spheres. Do you think he has the free will to not be the God of Murder? To be the God of Peace? No, he has the same free choice as all of us. He is forced to murder to survive, the same as i am forced to still my hunger and quench my thirst for revenge as to instill it in others to survive. We are bound by our nature...there is nothing like free will...mother
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 33