Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 33

Author Topic: Godhood III Play Thread  (Read 38757 times)

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
Re: Godhood III Play Thread
« Reply #105 on: September 20, 2010, 03:37:43 pm »

Well then my hand has to be chopped off...but im wondering that our God of Death cares how his people die? Are you really that naive to think that we all die peacefully in our sleep?

The Maw stretches out his left hand, and sneers at the Lord of Death

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 20, 2010, 03:39:00 pm »

"We don`t know why we were called either. The overgodess just wanted to tell us something i guess, but then the god of murder frightened her. If you have matters to attend to, just leave.  I mean, nothing is holding you here."

Upon hearing the words of the hunger god he had to smile again.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 20, 2010, 03:45:29 pm »

"Bah, leave him. Any who would dare attempt such idiocy is more danger to himself than anyone else. Attacking the overgoddess in her own home? There will be one less god before long, no matter what you all do." Endras said as he stood and walked into the forest. "If anyone else here cares to discover why we are here, I would suggest you come with me.

With those words he vanished into the woods, searching for the overgoddess so that he might be done with this meeting of imbeciles.

(Edit: DAMN YOU TYPOS!!! DAMN YOUUUUUU!!!)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 03:49:40 pm by dragnar »
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 20, 2010, 03:47:30 pm »

Magus is disappointed. A god had been stupid enough to engage the one who brought him into existence! He is also disappointed in that the other gods were considering doing the same, though with a different target. "You know, I expected my fellow gods to be smart enough to realize that they should not chastise someone and then consider doing the very thing which you chastised him for. I am Magus, god of Ritual Magic, and I am going to find and retrieve our Mother. Try not to do something quite so hypocritical while I'm gone." He departs.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 20, 2010, 03:48:34 pm »

Very well. I shall not stand idle when it keeps my from my people.

Terron follows Endras into the woods.

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 20, 2010, 03:50:36 pm »

"Walking? Oh, come, i just walked some ten thous.. Oh? He`s gone already. Ah. Well, i guess he`s right." Slowly he stood up and followed Endras, the faint music of battle trailing behind him.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 20, 2010, 03:59:49 pm »

Hrmph

silently Lord Hunger followed the rest to another clearing where the overgodess has sat down.

Atilliano

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 20, 2010, 04:04:41 pm »

Aarseral followed the rest to find the overgoddes still angry at certain gods but calmed down enough to think this was a waste of time.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 20, 2010, 04:12:53 pm »

It was there, on a rock, leaning against the wall. A innocent looking virgin blade, gleaming in the wan firelight. It lay there, and it called to me.

Use me.it whispered. Take me up. Strike down the wicked. Use me.

The damn thing was driving me mad. Calling, always calling. I took a step closer and didn't notice until it was too late.

The blade was in my hand. It's hilt gleamed with a thousand thousand points of light, each one saying something in voices too small to hear. Still the blade cried out for me to use it.

Whet me! Sharpen me! Use me!

"No!" I cried, throwing the thing against the wall, but it merely bounced off with a clatter and fell back at my feet.
"I am Silver, leader of the TRUE Northren, and I will not listen to some bastard sword!"

It was silent for a moment. Then I realized it was in my hands again.

If that is the way you wish, then I shall use you. Said the sword. And then the world leapt.

In a clearing on the new island chain, a portal opens. From the portal falls a screaming old man, long shaggy silver hair flying willy-nilly around the clearing. As it closes the portal spews out a gleaming blade. Calmness and serenity leaks from the blade like the clear waters of a mountain stream, filling the clearing.
   The blade imbeds itself in the ground, hilt up, and then it dulls. From the pommel of the blade issues a shining little mote of power, barely visible to the naked eye. It danced like dust in a beam of sunlight to the center of a clearing, where it danced about, alighting on something unseen. Where it touched, flesh appeared, invisibility broken for a few seconds. Light brown flesh, supple and smooth. The hero-mote finally alighted on a extended finger, where it flickered in happiness.

Of course, to Silver, the finger was merely floating in mid-air. The northren elder pressed his back against a tree, overwhelmed.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

blasts193

• Bay Watcher
  • Embrace Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 20, 2010, 04:31:05 pm »

Kar'thos did not understand this compassion to find this mother. since he was a newborn god and he had his mind full of elements and structures to worry about but as he began to think about it he realized he had more in common with Magus and Endras then any other god.
     Then realized that that almost everybody had left without him.  "Oh dawn it" he said as he ran in to the forest.

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 20, 2010, 04:55:46 pm »

As the other gods argued, Kastheen walked through the forests. She looking this way and that, and calling out the name of Nativa as she searched for her. She sometimes paused and listened, but could hear nothing but the sounds of the animals and the wind through the leaves. She was out of her element, and knew she was no tracker in the forests. It was unlikely she would find Nativa unless the overgoddess wished to be found. Still, Kastheen searched.

It wasn’t long though, before she came to the clearing. There sat Nativa, still fearful but with resolve on her countenance as well. It was strange, that the Mother of the Titans who created them would be more of a child than they. The role of parent and child seemed blurred. But strange or not, Kastheen felt a pity for the Overgoddess, to have her meeting with the children marred by the threat of death, no matter how impotent. She walked up to Nativa, and sat beside her, the little wisp of clouds from Kastheen’s hair and wings drifting about them.

“Mother, are you alright now?” Kastheen asked quietly.

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 20, 2010, 05:15:03 pm »

Killa Khan was pleased at the happenings around his home, he knew that they would come, but not what they would do when they got there, forming a civilization, and building homes for themselves, it was not as he hoped, settling down, calming life... it was too boring, but the opposite was too un-kind, so he had to go with the middle.

Manifesting inside the arena was not of his origional plans, but it had to be done. When he saw no one about, he formed an imaginary opponent, and started to duel him, he forced stalemate, and for hours they fought. Some people finally curious enough about the noises they were making went in the arena and saw what was taking place. When Khan saw them, he pulled for a little theatricts, taking a dive but then quickly manning the mantle, eventually 'tireing' out his opponent, and going for the kill. This was another thing he knew not to do, slaying an opponent, after a match, for no reason other than appeasement to onlookers...

He stopped mid-strike, just above the 'opponent's face, and said
"This is an arena, and this is how you fight!" Khan then dissapated his opponent, "If you wish to please me, then fight here, not to slay your opponent, but to strengthen yourselfs..." Khan then outfited the arena, adding an alter on one side... "If you think yourself weak, then pray at this alter for strength, I shall grant it to you, but it wont last forever..."

Khan himself then dissapated, and when he returned to his godly-self, he felt the urge, he followed the urge to it's source, and found himself in a place he hadn't seen last time he travelled this world...

Khan fights an immaginary fight to draw a crowd.
Just before slaying the immaginary opponent, he makes a speech, and dissapates the opponent.
Khan creates an alter out of the soil on the far end of the arena, granting those with strength when they ask for it, but releiving them of that strength after their next battle.
Khan then dissapates himself back into his god-form, hears the call to gather, and follows it, suprised at what he finds...
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 05:30:44 pm by Evergod41 »

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 20, 2010, 05:29:33 pm »

"Do it!" Shaq hissed.  "Kill me!  Murder me!  Put an end to it all!"  The restrained god burst into bitter laughter.  "But you can't, can you?  You physically can't.  Murder the god of Murder?  You'd have to murder murder itself.  You can kill me no more than I can drain the oceans - and that is what I'd have to do to kill you."

Shaq pressed his neck gently against Ecaras, almost daring Amparos to push the blade in.  He sighed, his face a picture of agony and rage.

"But it's futile.  I can't kill Mother, for the very reason I exist.  Free Will.  It's something none of us have, really.  When She created us, She made us this way - to be our elements, to embody them.  But even though I am murder itself, I cannot harm Her because She does not wish it so.  And in that, I am without free will.

"It is the mortal free will that gives birth to me, though.  Mother gave birth to the first of you, I see that now.  And you must have given birth to the mortals.  But when you did that, you gave them free will - the power to choose their own destinies.  A mortal could choose to kill Mother, even if he might never have the power."

Shaq half laughed, half cried bitter tears, speaking to the air.

"Mother, Mother.  I love you, because You will it.  But I hate you, because I will it.  You created gods, who created mortals, who created hate and greed and lust and suffering and love and sacrifice and beauty and joy.  You created me, Mother, who must bear the hatred and the suffering of the damned, their souls forever echoing with rage within me.  And for that, I can never forgive you."
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 20, 2010, 05:34:25 pm »

The Psychopomp rests, waiting for his energy to recollect itself.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

nbonaparte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 20, 2010, 06:47:54 pm »

Akiel rose from his seat. "Amparos. We cannot kill a god of murder, but we can imprison one. If you so desire, I will assist you in creating a prison on the ocean floor".

Saving acts, imprisoning a god is a difficult task.
A service to the forum: clowns=demons, cotton candy=adamantine, clown car=adamantine tube, circus=hell, circus tent=demonic fortress.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 33