Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33]

Author Topic: BYOT mafia: Night 2 - 13/19 alive - Delicious  (Read 53349 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOT mafia: Day 2 - 14/19 alive - dwarfguy2 banned forever
« Reply #480 on: September 21, 2010, 10:47:56 pm »

Blorgh, unvote.  Too busy right now.  Thanks for answering the questions, Person.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: September 21, 2010, 11:17:44 pm »

Zai summed this one up perfectly. It's not the post restriction that's suspicious, it's lying about having one. Speaking of which, I think I need to be voting Archangel.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: September 21, 2010, 11:21:09 pm »

I'm sorry, I'm sorry, the last few days have been spent moving into my new dorm and doing all the standard college crap. I don't have time to read over everything that's happened; sorry to be a dick like that, but I need a summary please.
I'm gonna be honest here, I don't remember much. Day 1 we lynched Archangel for lying about his post restriction, then he didn't die and it became night forever. After that it was mostly:

-Discussion of why Archangel's not dead
-Brief, mostly pro-lynch discussion of whether to lynch Archangel again
-SirBayer/ToonyMan/webadict discussion of whether the latter two are scumbuddies

Some other stuff followed, but I'm having trouble finding a common theme amongst them. You'll have to actually read the most recent parts of the thread for that.

This looks awfully grasping to me, especially since the post right before it was talking about how you can be wrong and change your mind and that's okay. What about this stood out to you?

Also damn it Archangel, most of the questions I want to ask people involve you. Get in here and tell us what's going on or at least why we shouldn't hammer you and get on with the game.

webadict or Vector, what are the odds of an infinite use lynchguard on yourself or others, given this type of game?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: September 21, 2010, 11:21:43 pm »

Has anyone tried the obvious course of action yet?

Archangel, why weren't you lynched?

I don't expect this will do anything but it's worth a try.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: September 21, 2010, 11:24:39 pm »

webadict or Vector, what are the odds of an infinite use lynchguard on yourself or others, given this type of game?

Zero, I think.  Infinite-magistrates are insanely broken.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: September 22, 2010, 01:31:21 am »

Archangel: Please explain why you didn't die.
I had a one shot self pardon.
I'm feeling too apathetic towards this game to do anything, and I doubt it'll change anytime soon. Therefore I humbly request a replacement, unless I post some scumhunting or otherwise cancel it before I am replaced.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: September 22, 2010, 01:35:33 am »

I find it incredulous that you used your one shot pardon and you're now asking for a replacement. You could've done yourself and the town a favor and let yourself be lynched.

This was an easy choice to make. Archangel, Archangel.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: September 22, 2010, 01:42:31 am »

Archangel: Please explain why you didn't die.
I had a one shot self pardon.
I'm feeling too apathetic towards this game to do anything, and I doubt it'll change anytime soon. Therefore I humbly request a replacement, unless I post some scumhunting or otherwise cancel it before I am replaced.
Unvote  Vote Archangel.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: September 22, 2010, 02:03:46 am »

I find it incredulous that you used your one shot pardon and you're now asking for a replacement. You could've done yourself and the town a favor and let yourself be lynched.

This was an easy choice to make. Archangel, Archangel.
I wanted to continue playing at the time I used the one-shot. I do not wish to do so now. Oh well, I'm being lynched, so I am out of the game anyway. I wish I'd killed Web when I had the chance (I was Hey It's That Guy, am a SK, and killed Rysith, by the way). I've played horribly this game and deserve this so I vote Archangel. I count six votes on me, plus mine. Is that a hammer? Just in case someone stupid thinks I might be a Jester, I seek only to know if the Day is over.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: September 22, 2010, 02:22:54 am »

I see what's going on.

Also, just realized that whoever killed Rysith is now Tang.

I will laugh if it is the mafia, because they got Tanged AND killed the Survivor.

Ah, poor Serial Killer lost his role and doesn't want to play anymore?

Too bad.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: September 22, 2010, 02:28:40 am »

Nope, I'm just not in the right state of mind to play.
All I lost when I got Tanged was my one shot exterminate. I still have a nightkill.
My full sig

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: September 22, 2010, 05:40:33 am »

I know it has been a few hours, but I've thought of a better why to put it:
The reason I have not posted at all in this or BYOR5 during the past few days is the same as the reason why I requested a replacement. I have not been in the right state of mind to do what I need to do - scumhunting and analysis - so I haven't said anything. My request has nothing to do with me being Tanged. In fact, when I read my PM, all I thought was "I should have use that Exterminate." So, basically, you are WRONG, JIM. Fuck off.
My full sig

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: September 22, 2010, 06:14:17 am »

Actually, you did lose your kill. But that doesn't matter, since you've selfhammered.

His claim is indeed accurate. I'll post the full role PM, end of day flavor, and votecount later. Locking and moving to night now.

NO GAMBLERS HAVE WON THEIR BIDS
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: BYOT mafia: Night 2 - 13/19 alive - Delicious
« Reply #493 on: September 26, 2010, 08:13:17 am »

You gather around Archangel, who shrugs and collapses.

Archangel was a Tang (sk)!

Delicious.

Tang (sk): You win when all players are dead or you are the only player alive.
(auto) Tang: Anyone who targets you becomes Tang; Tang retains its former alignment and has the Tang trait.

Processing night actions soon.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33]