Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 33

Author Topic: BYOT mafia: Night 2 - 13/19 alive - Delicious  (Read 53365 times)

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
Re: BYOT mafia: 19 players and 3 gamblers
« Reply #210 on: September 04, 2010, 01:51:29 pm »

A PAIR OF WARNINGS: First off, I'm going off to Lake Tahoe in a few-ish hours. I don't know if I'll have the internet there, but if I do I'll be present. If not, I'll be back Tuesday evening.

Secondly: I am having a really, really hard time caring about this game. That said:

Speculation, Webby? This is WIFOM. Watch your step. You and I make bad fireworks.
SirBayer. Speculation is nowhere near WIFOM. The fact you're trying to attach WIFOM to me is a sign that youre setting up an early subconscious scum tag to me, either in hopes of having someone to attack in the future, or because you have no idea what the acronym WIFOM means.

Oh, I'd love to apply some scum tags to you. That's scum-hunting. Anyway...

Quote from: Webadict
How on Earth you got WIFOM from me claiming my STATISTICAL OPINION of what is in the game is beyond me. All of the possible teams (Or ones I know of) are up there, so I'm not LIMITING information or forcing an either-or situation. I didn't definitively conclude the presence of any teams except Survivor and Mafia (since there's ALWAYS a Survivor and Mafia in every of these big games [And this is based off of ACTUAL information.]) I'm not claiming anyone to be of any of these parties, so I'm not trying to nullify someone's words based on that...

So, what IS it that makes it WIFOM? Am I claiming to be a Survivor or Mafia, because of that statement? That's like saying, "I'm 90% sure there's Town in this game." That's not really WIFOM. It's just stupid. Saying that there are zero town in this game is WIFOM. Saying that so-and-so is a Jester is WIFOM.

To even label it WIFOM is an attempt to silence such speculation. Seeing as how the set-up and roles are completely unknown, NOT speculating leads to irrational and stupid decision. Having open options means that there will be all possible situations to consider, instead of being blind-sided.

I'd kill you right now if I could. Heck, even a suicidebomb would be nice.

Y'know, I was writing up some reason to label it WIFOM, and then I just realized I was being stupid and there was no way to justify that at all and I'm not even sure what I was thinking.

Sorry, Webby.

I would FoS you for wanting to kill me, but it's not like that's normal Webby... *sigh*

Spoiler: Misc Observations (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Actual scum-suspicions (click to show/hide)

Since apparently Panda missed me voting ToonyMan, I'm considering that vote to be officially not-happened, which should mean I don't need to unvote when I vote Zai.

God this game is awful.
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: September 04, 2010, 02:01:32 pm »

Votecount, please.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: September 04, 2010, 02:02:51 pm »

You had a question SirBayer?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: September 04, 2010, 02:39:59 pm »

Unvote
I'd suggest you say the name of the person you're unvoting, as it'd make everybody's life a bit easier.

As in Unvote Mr. Person

Vote Mr. Person

STOP EDITING YOUR POSTS!

THAT IS THE SECOND TIME YOU'VE DONE SO!

I WILL CUT YOUR FACE OFF!

I'M NOT DEAD YET!

I will survive!

I dont think I am supposed to talk since I die if he is town. So yeah. I am doing town a favor. Now shush.

I die if he is town.

BLESS YOU LORD! I WILL SURVIVE!

@webadict

I still find that the way you reacted to the 3 apples question was ridiculous.
I really don't care what you think. It's still a pointless question, and I really think that whatever Vector says right now is a bunch of garbage. You'd think Vector would care more about finding the scum right now, as opposed to picking out the Town, but that's not really what I care about now.

So, why do you think it's ridiculous?

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: September 04, 2010, 02:53:13 pm »

No. Shin always dies, I just die if he is town. I do believe.

SniHjen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Hacenten
« Reply #215 on: September 04, 2010, 03:14:10 pm »

No. Shin always dies, I just die if he is town. I do believe.

Who is Shin and why does he die?

more seriously... well thats even more useless, because that sounds like a role that's made to fit with a town-alignment. (die if hit town)

so now 2 townies is going to die... great.
That [Magma] is a bit deep down there, don't you think?
You really aren't thinking like a dwarf.

If you think it is down too far, you move it up until it reaches an acceptable elevation.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: September 04, 2010, 03:18:57 pm »

*Headdesk*

Org and SniHjen are both dead and town. Give me a second to find my USB mouse...
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: September 04, 2010, 03:35:36 pm »

Oh well. Do good, town!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: September 04, 2010, 03:48:59 pm »

Hm. Whelp, that'll make playing only slightly easier.

Lonewolf I

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: September 04, 2010, 03:56:25 pm »

I am totally lost.  I'd interpreted
I dont think I am supposed to talk since I die if he is town. So yeah. I am doing town a favor. Now shush.
combined with
ERADICATE SNIHJEN

Hopefully he is scum.
to mean that Org was daykilling Snihjen and that he assumed we would lynch him if Snih flipped town.  Where did their having two roles tied together come in?

Also, Mr.Person - You out there at all?

Unvote Mr.Person, at least until he stops lurking.

webadict - Your eagerness to institute policy lynches made you my top choice for scum, and when I asked you about it you never gave me a solid answer.  Would you please explain yourself using more than just "It annoys me." as an excuse?

There are 19 roles.  Even if Pandar doesn't usually do post restrictions, I'm sure he was scraping the bottom of the bucket by the time he was finished.

Lonewolf I

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: September 04, 2010, 03:58:14 pm »

Scratch the upper half of my last post.  I forgot Pandar was the mod, and assumed his announcement that they're dead was commentary on the game.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: September 04, 2010, 04:05:53 pm »

Goddammit.  Had a dream about this game where it suddenly made a hell of a lot more sense and I'd pinned Webface down as some flavor of scum.

Back later, drowning sorrows.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: September 04, 2010, 05:10:35 pm »

You guys need to chillax. The game's only been going on for what, 2 days? And you guys are already bitching I'm gone? Broptip: I'm not going to appear more often because you guys whine I'm lurking since I'm still fucking here.

So Webadict, does Archangel's "post restriction" even matter? I mean, really? Suppose it's real. Does Archangel posting in colors hurt you or the quality of Archangel's posts? No. And if it's fake, again, posting in technicolor doesn't hurt anyone's post quality. So you and in fact everybody else, just fucking ignore the colors.

So I'm just going to slide my vote off of the late Org and vote Nolor

dwarfguy2 could be attempting obfuscating stupidity. His horrible typing elsewhere would make this a perfect disguise.

Please tell me you're not THIS stupid, Nolor. Really? I think SniHjen nailed it on the head, although I have to ask that nobody use sarcasm on the internet anymore.

Your claim that Dwarfguy2 is typing poorly in every single other post, even the ones he's made before hearing about mafia, JUST so that he can pretend to act stupid in a game is more than a little ridiculous.

Hey everyone. I know I may not be too much help with the town and all, and probably will be lynched day 1, so I think I will help town and then die. Or not. If I am lucky.

So!
Who do you think is scum, Person, Webadict, and Vector?

This post suddenly makes a lot of sense.

Nolor is my top billing, but it's still RVS for me. Maybe Webadict, but I've been wrong about Webadict before so much that I'd triple check before throwing a vote out there.

And what might that be, oh great and all powerful Vector? You don't have to answer now, but please do at some point after Spartan answers.
Are you even playing?  Do you even care about your attacks? Mr.Person, why are you such lazy scum?

I phrased it that way since asking Vector to reveal the meaning behind that particular question would make it pointless to ask. So I wanted to wait until after it was answered before the explanation came along. That's pretty much it.

Course I'm playing, I just don't have any targets at the moment since I'm still trawling the thread for things I have to reply to. Since I'm done with that AFAIK, I'm now going to go look for things to reply to.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: September 04, 2010, 05:41:51 pm »

I am totally lost.  I'd interpreted
combined with
ERADICATE SNIHJEN

Hopefully he is scum.
to mean that Org was daykilling Snihjen and that he assumed we would lynch him if Snih flipped town.  Where did their having two roles tied together come in?

Also, Mr.Person - You out there at all?

Unvote Mr.Person, at least until he stops lurking.

webadict - Your eagerness to institute policy lynches made you my top choice for scum, and when I asked you about it you never gave me a solid answer.  Would you please explain yourself using more than just "It annoys me." as an excuse?

There are 19 roles.  Even if Pandar doesn't usually do post restrictions, I'm sure he was scraping the bottom of the bucket by the time he was finished.
You asked me a question?

I'm pretty sure this question has been answered several times:

1) All post restrictions are fake. Pandarsenic doesn't make post restrictions. I've never made a post restriction. It doesn't add anything to the game, and only serves to distract, or other WIFOM other players. Hence, lynching him is the ideal solution.
2) Post restriction don't make roles.
3) Only an anti-Town scumbag would attempt to play off that as a post restriction. Seeing as how not adding a color tag would color the text, he's lying about it (As he can post with black or grey.) He doesn't have a set color, which is what would be a true restriction, so it either isn't a post restriction, or he's lying about what the colors do.
4) You've never modded anything this big, so you can't tell what roles there would be, how difficult it would be to make a role, or why adding a post restriction would make it a unique role.
5) Adding a post restriction doesn't make a role unique.
6) Archangel sucks in general.

As you can see, the main argument you're giving to protect Archangel is that:
1) Having a post restriction isn't scummy.
2) There is only a limited number of roles the game could include.

The problem here is that both of those are false. There have been normal games where people with post restrictions were scum, and they were the only ones pretending to have them. Even SHAD0Wdump, who wasn't scum at first, pretended to have a three words only post restriction, which was the SCUMMIEST thing in the world a town could do. He should've been lynched, then banned from playing mafia ever again.
And, you can reuse types of roles. There is no reason to add a post restriction to make a type of role different from one person to the next. I made BYOR 4 with 15 people. I could come up with plenty more roles. The problem lies in balancing all of those roles.

In fact, this can be easily solved!

Who here has a post restriction?

I do not.

Seeing as how post restrictions aren't given to only one person in a game with post restrictions, we can find the likelihood that Archangel isn't lying.

If you decide that you want to give up on defending Archangel, who hasn't bothered to defend himself against me, then go ahead. I mean, Chainsaw defense is plenty scummy.

Goddammit.  Had a dream about this game where it suddenly made a hell of a lot more sense and I'd pinned Webface down as some flavor of scum.

Back later, drowning sorrows.
Nice. Too bad I'm not scum.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: September 04, 2010, 05:42:57 pm »

Webadict, you're using your huge ego as evidence why you are right.

No.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 33