Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 33

Author Topic: BYOT mafia: Night 2 - 13/19 alive - Delicious  (Read 53408 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: BYOT mafia: 19 players and 3 gamblers
« Reply #120 on: September 03, 2010, 10:31:28 pm »

Because Pandarsenic doesn't do post restrictions. Also, SHAD0Wdump made anyone using a post restriction instantly scummy.

If he doesn't want to be anti-Town, he can proves us wrong by posting in color and killing himself. If he doesn't, we lynch him. It's his choice, really. To pretend like he's still helping the Town (Sorry, I mean "To pretend like he would help the Town") would be dumb.

If he's Town, he'd be helping the Town by suiciding.

Lonewolf I

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 03, 2010, 10:32:58 pm »

Maybe he picked All Your Colors Combined or something and he's trying to set up a combo-rolepower with color switching.  Seriously, why can't we just roll with post restrictions? What if I had picked Fountain of Memes or desudesudesu just to be a jerk and/or piss off LeafSnail?  Would I be auto-lynched just for repeatedly suggesting that you would like to have carnal relations with an animated axlotl?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 03, 2010, 10:39:03 pm »

Maybe he picked All Your Colors Combined or something and he's trying to set up a combo-rolepower with color switching.  Seriously, why can't we just roll with post restrictions? What if I had picked Fountain of Memes or desudesudesu just to be a jerk and/or piss off LeafSnail?  Would I be auto-lynched just for repeatedly suggesting that you would like to have carnal relations with an animated axlotl?
Right. Except he's not. So, we're lynching him.

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 03, 2010, 11:22:25 pm »

I still see it as pointful, mostly because I can admit to myself that there may be more layers of the trap.  I'm expecting followup questions that will expand the trap based on micro-data, and I know that no matter what initial response I gave, there will be a continuation to pry at the cracks of my defenses.

My understanding of the first stage does not imply understanding of the later stages, which are flexible in nature and far, far more difficult to analyze to death.
Hmm...

Touche.

EXCEPT that all questions can be analyzed using both sides of an alignment, so much that there is no right or wrong answer to give: Only more or less scummy answers. All answers will inevitably be used to prove you scum no matter by which alignment they were given, and hence the entire questioning schematic could be seen as more pointless than informative.

I've clearly spent too much time writing grid-puzzle AIs, or you've clearly spent too much time amongst idealized spherical mafia players, or both. Or, you're a jester and trying to be so abrasive that there's no argument against a d2 webadict lynch. Also, the early and unprovoked activation of your basement machine has been noted.

Ottorfar, Toaster: Sorry, I missed the "favorite two" rather than "favorite scumteam". My fault.

Unvote Vector, but if you could be so kind: What's your logic for not including a cult in the list, partially in light of Webadict's supposed reasonable certainty that a cult exists? Or was that included in the opposing scumteams?

Zai:
2) Depends on the game. My "fears" of different townies would change as the game progressed. At the beginning, it would also depend on how everyone was acting at the start. Right now as scum, I'd be scared shitless by Ottofar and Spartan 117.
In summary, Ottofar is scum.

That's quite the about-face and random inverse-attack on an absentee. Care to explain further?

And, to echo Webadict from a while ago, could we have a Vote Count, please, or a statement that one can't or won't be given?
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 04, 2010, 12:06:26 am »

My expectations or estimations of alignments; town mafia thirdparty, plus a little extra forum magic
So, I'm town with a backdrop of Mafia? INTERESTING. But WHAT DOES IT MEAN?

Also, SHAD0Wdump made anyone using a post restriction instantly scummy.
This, so hard.

Though it started out as a way to be lazy as town. Or something. But then he got recruited by Mafia specifically because of his "post restriction." Or something.

Right now as scum, I'd be scared shitless by Ottofar and Spartan 117.
Mostly I wanted to see how you think, and I am stumped by your answer for #2.  Why would you be scared of them?  As you see by your quotes in the post you voted him, practically everything Ottofar says in any game is scummy.  Why wouldn't scum want a scumtell beacon to be town?
Zai:
2) Depends on the game. My "fears" of different townies would change as the game progressed. At the beginning, it would also depend on how everyone was acting at the start. Right now as scum, I'd be scared shitless by Ottofar and Spartan 117.
In summary, Ottofar is scum.

That's quite the about-face and random inverse-attack on an absentee. Care to explain further?
I am laughing so hard at you two right now, especially Rysith because he voted me for it. Being "scared shitless" by Ottofar and S117 was sarcasm. I thought it would be obvious based on who I was talking about: the two people I would probably fear the least (see Days 1 and 2 of BYOR 4 if you're still confused). I guess it was not obvious. Oh well.

But semi-seriously: Rysith, what do you mean by "random inverse-attack on an absentee"? I think I get the "absentee" part, but that doesn't make sense for you to be voting me for voting someone who wasn't here. So what? Now we can only vote people when their profile says their online? That's ludicrous, you know it, and you should feel ashamed for suggesting it.

I don't know what you mean by "random inverse-attack." Please explain.

Also, this policy lynch attempt stinks.  Why would you care if he posts in color, Zai?
It's annoying and distracting from the game. Also, SHAD0W. And it seems pretty ridiculous that he would have a post restriction that forces him to use any color, not just a specific color, or even just something as broad as "green." And it's also ridiculous that black would be acceptable as a color, especially when that's the Default-Default color. If that was the case then why start out with the eye-burning lime green?

OTTOFAR: I'm serious as all get out, man! I'm getting back to you!

Side-note: this game is fun. More fun than I've had in a Mafia game in a while. Possibly more fun than my role in BYORPE/uPick Pandar. Probably because I haven't treated it seriously so far. I've been so sarcastic at times just to see people's reactions that I'm laughing a lot(See: above "paragraph" immediately following Rysith's quote). Maybe I'll be better about treating it seriously tomorrow. If I'm on tomorrow. I'll be out of town for quite a chunk of tomorrow, and I'm not sure what time I'll get back. So I may not be on tomorrow.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 04, 2010, 12:29:44 am »

My expectations or estimations of alignments; town mafia thirdparty, plus a little extra forum magic
So, I'm town with a backdrop of Mafia? INTERESTING. But WHAT DOES IT MEAN?
Also, Zai

Vector, ironyowl?, Toonyman, Toaster, webadict

Org, eduren
ottofar,nolor
It is in a way fun to be participating in a mafia game while completely immune to its proceeds, as it means I can observe (and, optionally, goad) without fear of repercussions, and I need make explanations to no one.

Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Zai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 04, 2010, 12:43:18 am »

Your meta feels like that of BYORP, in which you were town
wut

I was not! You have deeply offended me!

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 04, 2010, 01:15:28 am »

12. Zai - Jester
...ok, how the hell did I pull that off? I even looked at that post when I was pulling up my justification.

Which puts you in the jester-or-scum box. <bleep<
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 04, 2010, 01:17:46 am »

ORG HAS BEEN MODKILLED FOR ATTEMPTING TO DISCUSS THIS GAME IN A METHOD WHICH WAS NOT PERMITTED.

CARRY ON, GENTLEMEN.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 04, 2010, 01:34:12 am »

Unvote Vector, but if you could be so kind: What's your logic for not including a cult in the list, partially in light of Webadict's supposed reasonable certainty that a cult exists? Or was that included in the opposing scumteams?

*cough*

To be completely honest, it was mostly that I forgot, since it's so rare.  I barely remembered doomspeaker and then put it in at the last minute.  Considering a cult, however:

I think it's possible, but improbable.  Having a cult means that the mafia must be diminished in turn, as well as the number of third parties.  Given Pandar's predilection for MASSIVE POWERFUL/INTERACTIVE EVERYTHING, I kind of doubt that he'd add a cult.  We've had a lot of trouble balancing them, of late.

Of course, that's all idle speculation, at this point.  The only way to know is to play the game.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 04, 2010, 01:46:01 am »

^ Also, Pandar: what the heck?  Role PM, please?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 04, 2010, 01:53:14 am »

12. Zai - Jester
Which puts you in the jester-or-scum box. <bleep<
Aw, really? That is what you have cleverly deduced? Because your deduction doesn't seem to take into account that you are running solely off of nearly year-old meta, and that's not a smart thing to do.

Vector, the modkill is clearly a joke.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 04, 2010, 01:54:31 am »

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TemptingFate

You tempted fate. Good job, Org. D:<
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 04, 2010, 02:01:57 am »

Vector, the modkill is clearly a joke.

I thought so, but I'm really sleepy and you can never be too sure ._.;;

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 04, 2010, 02:08:05 am »

But semi-seriously: Rysith, what do you mean by "random inverse-attack on an absentee"? I think I get the "absentee" part, but that doesn't make sense for you to be voting me for voting someone who wasn't here. So what? Now we can only vote people when their profile says their online? That's ludicrous, you know it, and you should feel ashamed for suggesting it.

I don't know what you mean by "random inverse-attack." Please explain.

Unvote Zai, it was a vote on you for mostly the same reason that there was a vote on Vector. Very little to do with what it was you posted. For the record, though, absentee meant "has not yet posted", not "is not currently online".
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 33