Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 33

Author Topic: BYOT mafia: Night 2 - 13/19 alive - Delicious  (Read 53452 times)

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOT mafia: 19 players and 3 gamblers
« Reply #75 on: September 03, 2010, 05:20:10 pm »

I'm hoping for a big return, so I picked the lowest odds. Figured I may as well start things off with a high-stakes bid... makes it more interesting, no? Besides, I can afford to, since I already know that I'm destined to win this competition.
Solifuge picked town. Just so everyone knows.

S-shut up! You don't know... nothing!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 03, 2010, 05:27:49 pm »

I'm hoping for a big return, so I picked the lowest odds. Figured I may as well start things off with a high-stakes bid... makes it more interesting, no? Besides, I can afford to, since I already know that I'm destined to win this competition.
Solifuge picked town. Just so everyone knows.

S-shut up! You don't know... nothing!
I know you wouldn't be so foolish to pick anything but town on the first Day. Perhaps you'll change your mind tomorrow, but it's more than likely that every one of the gamblers picked town.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 03, 2010, 05:31:32 pm »

Hey everyone. I know I may not be too much help with the town and all, and probably will be lynched day 1, so I think I will help town and then die. Or not. If I am lucky.

So!
Who do you think is scum, Person, Webadict, and Vector?

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 03, 2010, 05:31:50 pm »

I know you wouldn't be so foolish to pick anything but town on the first Day. Perhaps you'll change your mind tomorrow, but it's more than likely that every one of the gamblers picked town.

Because, you know, I've NEVER been one to take stupid risks by employing a counterintuitive and foolish gambit. No!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 03, 2010, 05:36:16 pm »

EXCEPT that all questions can be analyzed using both sides of an alignment, so much that there is no right or wrong answer to give: Only more or less scummy answers. All answers will inevitably be used to prove you scum no matter by which alignment they were given, and hence the entire questioning schematic could be seen as more pointless than informative.

Yes, I've thought on this extensively in the past.  All questioning is ultimately pointless given idealized players, but if we are to play this game, then we must make an effort to lay our traps and create our schemas.  We craft our arguments and hope that we can stay one step ahead of the scum, and that they will not elude us even if we have laid our traps poorly.

In a word, we must be flexible, and hopeful, because if we are not we must by necessity admit that the entire game is completely pointless and largely unresolvable.  Even power roles can be rendered pointless by bastard modding or the manipulations of other players--and yet we continue to believe that something can be done, nay, that something must be done.

A game full of sound and fury, signifying nothing, run by idiots--and yet we play on.

Sorry, Pandar.  You're my favoritest mod.

So! Who do you think is scum?

I don't have much of a clue, right now--most people haven't even popped up to say hello, and my superficial skim didn't net me much.  Give me some time to reread the thread.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 03, 2010, 05:38:59 pm »

We'll see if you still think that by the end ;)
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 03, 2010, 05:42:09 pm »

EXCEPT that all questions can be analyzed using both sides of an alignment, so much that there is no right or wrong answer to give: Only more or less scummy answers. All answers will inevitably be used to prove you scum no matter by which alignment they were given, and hence the entire questioning schematic could be seen as more pointless than informative.

Yes, I've thought on this extensively in the past.  All questioning is ultimately pointless given idealized players, but if we are to play this game, then we must make an effort to lay our traps and create our schemas.  We craft our arguments and hope that we can stay one step ahead of the scum, and that they will not elude us even if we have laid our traps poorly.

In a word, we must be flexible, and hopeful, because if we are not we must by necessity admit that the entire game is completely pointless and largely unresolvable.  Even power roles can be rendered pointless by bastard modding or the manipulations of other players--and yet we continue to believe that something can be done, nay, that something must be done.

A game full of sound and fury, signifying nothing, run by idiots--and yet we play on.

So! Who do you think is scum?

I don't have much of a clue, right now--most people haven't even popped up to say hello, and my superficial skim didn't net me much.  Give me some time to reread the thread.
I'm afraid you win this Round. But I'll be back.

Hey everyone. I know I may not be too much help with the town and all, and probably will be lynched day 1, so I think I will help town and then die. Or not. If I am lucky.

So!
Who do you think is scum, Person, Webadict, and Vector?
Ottofar, ToonyMan, Rysith, IronyOwl are the Mafia
Archangel is the Cult
Lonewolf I is the SK
And maxicaxi is the Survivor
Eduren is probably the lyncher or jester.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 03, 2010, 05:46:58 pm »

Vector, ironyowl?, Toonyman, Toaster, webadict

Org, eduren
ottofar,nolor
hmm. Can't be that many scum; there weren't in BYORP.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 03, 2010, 05:49:19 pm »

Meh.  Identified telling posts, but I need to get back to work.  More later.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 03, 2010, 05:52:23 pm »

Org, eduren
ottofar,nolor
So, THAT's the part you question? And, yes, there can be that many scum. Maybe it's a Jester AND a Lyncher. Maybe there's neither. But, that's what I'm saying based on TOTALLY ACCURATE INFORMATION.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 03, 2010, 05:55:04 pm »

You always label me scum wuba

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 03, 2010, 06:07:19 pm »

Org, eduren
ottofar,nolor
So, THAT's the part you question? And, yes, there can be that many scum. Maybe it's a Jester AND a Lyncher. Maybe there's neither. But, that's what I'm saying based on TOTALLY ACCURATE INFORMATION.
I'm quoting myself and revising my list. Pay attention.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 03, 2010, 06:17:06 pm »

Watching. Preferably spoiled. You mentioned something about titles and google docs, Pandar...

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 03, 2010, 06:20:07 pm »

No spoilspec. I need all the potential replacements I can get.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 03, 2010, 06:45:15 pm »

Gamblers: Who specifically would you like to see lynched today?
Anyone who earns me my 3 points.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 33