Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 33

Author Topic: BYOT mafia: Night 2 - 13/19 alive - Delicious  (Read 53373 times)

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
Re: BYOT mafia: 19 players and 3 gamblers
« Reply #345 on: September 06, 2010, 08:32:20 pm »

Ottofar, you voted Mr.Person several (~8) pages back for lurking, then haven't done anything else as far as I can see (do correct me if wrong), but have been active enough to correct Pandarsenic in who you're voting for. Do you still think Mr.Person is lurking? Do you think he's lurking more than you are?
Do you find Ottofar scummy? Or do you just want him to play better?
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: September 06, 2010, 08:45:14 pm »

Well, both. He's still in the "could be bad town" category, but that's almost always true.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: September 06, 2010, 08:56:04 pm »

Well, both. He's still in the "could be bad town" category, but that's almost always true.
What about other people?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: September 06, 2010, 09:08:06 pm »

What about other people?
Not much. I am having a real hard time following the entire thread well enough to get coherent readings.

You acted sort of oddly earlier on, and in particular strangely to my mention/responses to you. Still get the feeling you're town, though.

Mr.Person has seemed a little quiet for him but otherwise town-like.

Zai has seemed unusually angry town.

Want more response from Archangel. On its face he's not making sense for anything.

Everyone else is either lurking or I can't focus enough to follow their conversations through twenty pages to figure them out.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: September 06, 2010, 09:48:17 pm »

Eduren:
I'm thinking that IronyOwl needs to post. He's usually chattier and has more of a hand in pushing people.

As for Archangel, lynch all liars is something I agree with.

Toony: While I guess I understand why you do the "No reasons Day 1" thing, I can't say that I like it. I feel that it is one of those meta-tactics that players use to strengthen their scum game at the expense of their town game. But since you are being consistent with it, I have no reason to suspect you in this game. Yet.

If you want to lynch all liars, why aren't you voting him?

Rysith and IronyOwl:  I've played several games with Ottofar, and to be honest, he's really not good at mafia, and he's said so himself.  He's almost an inverted tell, as someone on the scumteam coaching him makes him look less scummy.  (Ask Vector about that- BMXIII)  I think there are better places to look D1.

Irony:  Passive.  You list several people as acting unusual.  Yes, you were asked about suspicions, but you're not following up on any of them.  Your vote's on an easy target- do something better with your time, like hunting instead of casting suspicion.

As far as Archangel goes, my gut says his role is why he's posting in color.  It's probably not a restriction, but something that either powers or influences his role.  IMO, it only defines his role, not his alignment, so we shouldn't let it color our suspicions of him.  His lying is much more fishy.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: September 06, 2010, 10:17:16 pm »

How about I do this or this? I don't have to use green, just a colour. I used green on impulse. Sorry.
Okay. Unvote Ottofar for now. I'M COMING BACK TO YOU, DON'T YOU HOPE OTHERWISE.

Archangel needs to die. That post restriction is ridiculously annoying on my eyes.

[PPE:] I don't think you ever voted (with red anyway).
No, I did not vote. I'm waiting for answers to my questions before I do that.
(Bloody browser's being a pain so I'm not going to colour the rest of this post.) I'm not quite sure what you mean with the second part. Please clarify.
You just asked yourself to clarify something, dumbass.
Right above the bit you quoted is this:
Anyways, Archangel just confuses the fuck out of me. Archangel, why did you post in green originally and why did you roll with having to post in colors or else?
Well, Mr. P, the first part of what you asked is answered here:
I was asking for clarification on "Why did you roll with having to post in colors or else?" If you can't work that out, you're a moron.
ARCHANGEL: Why the fuck would you admit to lying about your "post restriction" if you're just going to keep using colors anyway?
<<de-aqua'd>>Because I did it out of a stupid impulse, I don't want to have to keep using colours, and I figured the sooner I told the truth, the less damage it would do.<<de-aqua'd>>
I understand the impulse thing, but why would you lie about it if you didn't want to always do it?
I think I had about 6 hours sleep that night and I was barely thinking.
Unvote Org, vote Archangel

That's not what I meant. What I wanted to know is why you decided to post in colors and played along with the idea that you had a post restriction. Why didn't you claim that you had no post restriction to post in colors sooner?
Still not totally clear, but I think I understand what you are asking. I think your question is "Why did you decide to post in colours and why did you claim to have a post restriction? Why didn't you say sooner  that you didn't have a post restriction?"
The answer is, at the time I did and claimed that, I was not thinking. I did not say sooner because I spent an hour or two doing schoolwork and the rest of that day playing a computer game. I corrected myself as soon as I logged on the following day.
Want more response from Archangel. On its face he's not making sense for anything.
Does the "First three or so posts were due to not thinking, the rest were though out" explanation (the true one) make it make sense?
Everyone who is voting me should start scumhunting, especially the ones who haven't posted anything since they placed their vote. Because I know I will not die this Day.
Finally, I know I have a one-shot, both the dead players had one and Toony claims to have used one, so does anyone else have a one shot ability?
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: September 06, 2010, 10:19:08 pm »

Oh, and Pandar, can we have a prod on the lurkers, especially dwarfguy2?
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: September 06, 2010, 10:21:40 pm »

Prodded him. I can't tell who is or isn't lurking, that's the problem of all of you and none of me. <_< I'll just send prods when and to whom you guys request.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: September 06, 2010, 10:28:01 pm »

Finally, I know I have a one-shot, both the dead players had one and Toony claims to have used one, so does anyone else have a one shot ability?
Rolefishing already? That's pretty low, man. Why would you need to know this anyway? It's pretty fucking obvious from the very sources you cited that people can have 1-shots. Why do you need to know this?
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: September 06, 2010, 10:29:35 pm »

Eduren:
I'm thinking that IronyOwl needs to post. He's usually chattier and has more of a hand in pushing people.

As for Archangel, lynch all liars is something I agree with.

Toony: While I guess I understand why you do the "No reasons Day 1" thing, I can't say that I like it. I feel that it is one of those meta-tactics that players use to strengthen their scum game at the expense of their town game. But since you are being consistent with it, I have no reason to suspect you in this game. Yet.

If you want to lynch all liars, why aren't you voting him?
Because, AFAICT, he's going to be lynched today. If my vote were needed I would gladly supply it.

Quote from: Toaster link=topic=65277.msg1545288#msg154
Rysith and IronyOwl:  I've played several games with Ottofar, and to be honest, he's really not good at mafia, and he's said so himself.  He's almost an inverted tell, as someone on the scumteam coaching him makes him look less scummy.  (Ask Vector about that- BMXIII)  I think there are better places to look D1.
Like I said, he's Org 2.0 :|

Unvote IronyOwl, while you've shown that you are paying attention, I would like something solid soon.

Toaster: Why is your vote still on Toonyman? Here is where you put a soft OMGUS vote on him and since then you haven't done much else except yell at him to explain himself. Is he still scum? If yes, why aren't you pushing him? If no, then why are you voting him?

And in addition how do you explain your implicit support of an Archangel lynch?

[PPE]: OH GAWD.

Archangel: WHY ARE YOU STILL POSTING IN COLOR? STOP IT NOW! Unless you can explain why, then stop!
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: September 06, 2010, 10:46:54 pm »

Rolefishing already? That's pretty low, man. Why would you need to know this anyway? It's pretty fucking obvious from the very sources you cited that people can have 1-shots. Why do you need to know this?
What I want to know is if everyone has a one-shot. Which is slightly different from what I asked. Plus, all I asked was if anyone else has one, not what it is.
Archangel: WHY ARE YOU STILL POSTING IN COLOR? STOP IT NOW! Unless you can explain why, then stop!
Like I said, I'm continuing because I want to. If I get bored with it, I'll stop.
My full sig

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: September 06, 2010, 10:48:13 pm »

What I want to know is if everyone has a one-shot.
But why do you need to know this? I can't see a use for it.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: September 06, 2010, 11:06:12 pm »

I'm just really, really curious.
My full sig

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: September 06, 2010, 11:19:45 pm »

As far as Archangel goes, my gut says his role is why he's posting in color.  It's probably not a restriction, but something that either powers or influences his role.  IMO, it only defines his role, not his alignment, so we shouldn't let it color our suspicions of him.  His lying is much more fishy.
webadict and... someone, and Mr.Person had a lengthy discussion about this. I didn't agree with it, but at least a couple people are convinced there's no such thing as town posting restrictions, if there's posting restrictions at all.

Everyone who is voting me should start scumhunting, especially the ones who haven't posted anything since they placed their vote. Because I know I will not die this Day.
Perhaps you should practice what you preach. I'm not sure I remember any scumhunting from you, colored or not. Do you have any suspicions or opinions at all?

Also decolored due to paranoia. Good call on that, Nolor.

NINJA:

You do not rolefish out of idle curiosity. The hell's wrong with you?

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: September 06, 2010, 11:44:56 pm »

Perhaps you should practice what you preach. I'm not sure I remember any scumhunting from you, colored or not. Do you have any suspicions or opinions at all?
You do not rolefish out of idle curiosity. The hell's wrong with you?
I've asked questions, which have mostly been drowned by the focus on my use of colour.
I'm suspicious of Lonewolf I and maxicaxi for jumping on my lynch and disappearing, Ottofar needs to elaborate on his reasoning for his list. My brother needs his computer back so I can't do anything more right now.
Don't really have anything to say in response to the rolefishing comments.Go ahead and ignore that question everyone.
My full sig
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 33