Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 33

Author Topic: BYOT mafia: Night 2 - 13/19 alive - Delicious  (Read 53382 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: BYOT mafia: 19 players and 3 gamblers
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2010, 11:17:39 am »

Since I'm on the replacement list I suppose I should, you know, at least skim this monster occasionally.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

SniHjen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Hacenten
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2010, 11:27:19 am »

Watching.
That [Magma] is a bit deep down there, don't you think?
You really aren't thinking like a dwarf.

If you think it is down too far, you move it up until it reaches an acceptable elevation.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2010, 11:55:08 am »

Speculation, Webby? This is WIFOM. Watch your step. You and I make bad fireworks.
SirBayer. Speculation is nowhere near WIFOM. The fact you're trying to attach WIFOM to me is a sign that youre setting up an early subconscious scum tag to me, either in hopes of having someone to attack in the future, or because you have no idea what the acronym WIFOM means.

How on Earth you got WIFOM from me claiming my STATISTICAL OPINION of what is in the game is beyond me. All of the possible teams (Or ones I know of) are up there, so I'm not LIMITING information or forcing an either-or situation. I didn't definitively conclude the presence of any teams except Survivor and Mafia (since there's ALWAYS a Survivor and Mafia in every of these big games [And this is based off of ACTUAL information.]) I'm not claiming anyone to be of any of these parties, so I'm not trying to nullify someone's words based on that...

So, what IS it that makes it WIFOM? Am I claiming to be a Survivor or Mafia, because of that statement? That's like saying, "I'm 90% sure there's Town in this game." That's not really WIFOM. It's just stupid. Saying that there are zero town in this game is WIFOM. Saying that so-and-so is a Jester is WIFOM.

To even label it WIFOM is an attempt to silence such speculation. Seeing as how the set-up and roles are completely unknown, NOT speculating leads to irrational and stupid decision. Having open options means that there will be all possible situations to consider, instead of being blind-sided.

I'd kill you right now if I could. Heck, even a suicidebomb would be nice.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2010, 12:37:37 pm »

On that note, Vector: How many different factions do you think we'll be dealing with?

Right.  You asked for "numbers of different factions," but number is irretrievably linked with composition... so here we go.

First, there's obviously the gamblers.  Then, I'm guessing there's some sort of organized scumteam of 3 or 4 individuals, or perhaps two smaller, opposing scumteams.  Pandar really likes third-parties, though, so I'm guessing that on top of whatever scumteams we've got we'll have a survivor and a jester--maybe even two of one of those, drawing from BYOR Panda.  Then I'm guessing we'll have at least one lyncher, doomspeaker, or SK.  Finally, there's the town itself.

So, in summation: I'm guessing between 6 and 8 factions, all told.

Spartan117, I hope you're going to finish this game rather than requiring yet another force-replace.  Let's say you have three apples.  Who do you give them to?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2010, 12:45:25 pm »

On that note, Vector: How many different factions do you think we'll be dealing with?

Right.  You asked for "numbers of different factions," but number is irretrievably linked with composition... so here we go.

First, there's obviously the gamblers.  Then, I'm guessing there's some sort of organized scumteam of 3 or 4 individuals, or perhaps two smaller, opposing scumteams.  Pandar really likes third-parties, though, so I'm guessing that on top of whatever scumteams we've got we'll have a survivor and a jester--maybe even two of one of those, drawing from BYOR Panda.  Then I'm guessing we'll have at least one lyncher, doomspeaker, or SK.  Finally, there's the town itself.

So, in summation: I'm guessing between 6 and 8 factions, all told.

Spartan117, I hope you're going to finish this game rather than requiring yet another force-replace.  Let's say you have three apples.  Who do you give them to?
Tsk, tsk, Vector. Disappointing answer, really. I just expected so much better from you, even after answering the question for you.

I mean, come on. Is that your best? ... Is it? Because it's lacking something. Like, you know, substance. It was just an answer to you! It wasn't read. It wasn't analyzed. It was just you sputtering robotic automatic replies like an answering machine to a family on vacation.

Puh.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2010, 12:57:56 pm »

Tsk, tsk, Vector. Disappointing answer, really. I just expected so much better from you, even after answering the question for you.

I mean, come on. Is that your best? ... Is it? Because it's lacking something. Like, you know, substance. It was just an answer to you! It wasn't read. It wasn't analyzed. It was just you sputtering robotic automatic replies like an answering machine to a family on vacation.

Puh.

... I frankly have no idea what you're talking about.  All answers are answers.  Some answers only require a basic cross-checking with a known body of information.

Is an exemplary answer one where I make up statistics to "prove" my point?  Or should I not stick to what I know?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2010, 01:08:32 pm »

Mr.Person, what do you think the lurking is going to be like in this game? Any solutions?

Eduren, is webadict being aggressive town or defensive scum?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2010, 01:48:37 pm »

Why must it be one or the other? Are aggressive scum and defensive town impossible?

To actually answer your question though, I believe that he is being aggressive towards Bayer, but as to whether he is town or scum has yet to be seen and could possibly be gleaned by how he continues his aggression.
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2010, 02:07:18 pm »

Puh.

... I frankly have no idea what you're talking about.  All answers are answers.  Some answers only require a basic cross-checking with a known body of information.

Is an exemplary answer one where I make up statistics to "prove" my point?  Or should I not stick to what I know?
No, an exemplary answer is saying screw the question and firing back. You didn't test to see the point of the question, questioner, or even why you should answer. You just answered it, bringing minimal effort and scumhunting into the entire game.

Heck, I've got a new thing we should try. It's called nothing. Let's all do nothing. Oh, want to ask a question? It has to have explicitly no purpose or relevance to the game in question. Been asked a stupid question already? Why, it's your turn down at Unintelligence to chain letter your own brand of ignorance.

That's what I mean. I mean, there's lots of things you can do, but firing these stupid questions never works. Like, ever. If you manage to lynch scum, it's not because you asked them how many dimples are on a golf ball. It's out of dumb luck. No, like DUMB luck. Because the scum would have to be a complete moron to be lynched.

Now, maybe you understand what I'm talking about and would love to participate in this new age style called rational reasoning, so that we can have a true psychological and philosophical game.

So, start nit-picking lines, because there's plenty for seconds and thirds.

Mr.Person, what do you think the lurking is going to be like in this game? Any solutions?

Eduren beat me to it. Why is it one or the other? That's a fallacy. You're forcing a dilemma on someone by giving them two options, as opposed to a range of valid options. Also, you're refusing to ask me the question, making an indirect attack at me, and you'd be using someone else to determine whether a bandwagon would suffice. Those are all scummy. See, this is a direct attack, scumwad.

Nolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2010, 02:10:00 pm »

dwarfguy2. Is this your first mafia game?

What do you think of the posts so far? Who's suspicious, who do you want gone and lynched?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2010, 02:14:03 pm »

Gamblers I hope you didn't go the easy way out and placed all your bets on me being lynched Day 1, because that's only like a 2-in-1 chance man.

Pandar would always be my scum buddy, always.

But he isn't playing so I vote Wuba for skipping math classes.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2010, 02:16:59 pm »

Gamblers I hope you didn't go the easy way out and placed all your bets on me being lynched Day 1, because that's only like a 2-in-1 chance man.

They don't bet on people, they bet on "Town" or "Mafia" or "3rd Party"
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2010, 02:20:18 pm »

Don't bet town gamblers.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2010, 02:21:17 pm »

I never skipped math classes!

They don't bet on people, they bet on "Town" or "Mafia" or "3rd Party"
Wait... so they bet on people that are going to be lynched?

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2010, 02:23:15 pm »

Yes. So depending on their bid, they might be more or less pro-town on a particular day.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 33