Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 33

Author Topic: BYOT mafia: Night 2 - 13/19 alive - Delicious  (Read 53361 times)

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOT mafia: 19 players and 3 gamblers
« Reply #240 on: September 04, 2010, 11:29:48 pm »

Did Archangel ever claim to have a post restriction?

What's that?

No? Is that a no?

And at the first available oppurtunity, Archangel cleared things up. I fail to see anything scummy here. And don't try and pull lynch-all-liars into this since Archangel never lied. Ever.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: September 04, 2010, 11:35:55 pm »

NINJA'D: Dear god Archangel my eyes. WHY GREEN?
Because I have to, of course. It'd be worse if it was yellow.

How about I do this or this? I don't have to use green, just a colour. I used green on impulse. Sorry.
Okay. Unvote Ottofar for now. I'M COMING BACK TO YOU, DON'T YOU HOPE OTHERWISE.

Archangel needs to die. That post restriction is ridiculously annoying on my eyes.

[PPE:] I don't think you ever voted (with red anyway).
No, I did not vote. I'm waiting for answers to my questions before I do that.

Did he use those exact words?  No.  Were these posts intentionally misleading?  Yes.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: September 04, 2010, 11:39:12 pm »

What's that?

No? Is that a no?
No, that's a goddamn fucking yes:

NINJA'D: Dear god Archangel my eyes. WHY GREEN?
Because I have to, of course. It'd be worse if it was yellow.

[PPE:] Aaaaand, ninjaed. WITH MORE EVIDENCE.

Also, I only just now noticed that Arch misinterpreted that PPE (see second quote in Toaster's post above) in my post a while ago, which was referring to Web.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: September 04, 2010, 11:49:22 pm »

What's that?

No? Is that a no?

And at the first available oppurtunity, Archangel cleared things up. I fail to see anything scummy here. And don't try and pull lynch-all-liars into this since Archangel never lied. Ever.
Are you a Jester? Or do you just plan to defend Archangel all Day for no reason?

Because that's all you're doing. Archangel said he HAD to post in a color. Therefore, yeah, he did say he had a post restriction.

No, really, you're acting full-fledged Jester. You're just trying to look like scum by defending someone for no reason for doing something scummy. How very peculiar of you.

Anywho, if you want to be lynched, it'll have to be tomorrow. Archangel needs to die.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: September 05, 2010, 12:12:27 am »

dwarfguy2 could be attempting obfuscating stupidity. His horrible typing elsewhere would make this a perfect disguise.

Please tell me you're not THIS stupid, Nolor. Really? I think SniHjen nailed it on the head, although I have to ask that nobody use sarcasm on the internet anymore.

Your claim that Dwarfguy2 is typing poorly in every single other post, even the ones he's made before hearing about mafia, JUST so that he can pretend to act stupid in a game is more than a little ridiculous.
Except that's not what I meant, at all. I'm saying that he generally types poorly, which makes him seem less intelligent and makes it harder to take his arguments seriously (or it would if he had any arguments). He could spin this to his advantage and feign ignorance to basic mafia concepts further obfuscating his alignment. I'm saying that because he types horribly elsewhere it's possible for him to use that to his advantage here, not that he types horrible elsewhere so he can use it to his advantage here.

Dwarfguy2: Do you have a basic grasp of mafia yet? Do you understand how to play? Who do you think is scum?

I smell backpedaling and sidelining.  You're sitting here, focusing on a guy who has literally posted nothing but "vote Solifuge" and is being called out by multiple players for lurking--and taking his obfuscating stupidity as a plus?  Furthermore, you think that someone who is intentionally being stupid would say anything but "man I don't really get it but I'm reading all these games BRB for D3?"

Now I think that you're intentionally being stupid for sitting around staring at this guy.  If he is this vapid, you're being completely useless.  If he's faking, then you're being equally useless--and no matter what he's doing, your tunneling on what has got to be the easiest target ever has been noted.

Take off your tinfoil fedora, sweetheart, and get scumhunting.  We're burning daylight, here.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Nolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: September 05, 2010, 12:15:54 am »

Now I think that you're intentionally being stupid for sitting around staring at this guy.  If he is this vapid, you're being completely useless.  If he's faking, then you're being equally useless--and no matter what he's doing, your tunneling on what has got to be the easiest target ever has been noted.
I wouldn't be surprised if dwarfguy2 really has no clue how to play mafia and knows absolutely nothing about the rules. That doesn't change the possibility that he's scum and by focusing on him I'm not wasting time, Vector. I'm scumhunting. Are you worried your pathetic novice scumbuddy will crack under pressure?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 05, 2010, 12:16:58 am »

I wouldn't be surprised if dwarfguy2 really has no clue how to play mafia and knows absolutely nothing about the rules. That doesn't change the possibility that he's scum and by focusing on him I'm not wasting time, Vector. I'm scumhunting. Are you worried your pathetic novice scumbuddy will crack under pressure?
What are you hoping he'll do?

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: September 05, 2010, 12:25:18 am »

What's that?

No? Is that a no?

Are you a Jester? Or do you just plan to defend Archangel all Day for no reason?

Because that's all you're doing. Archangel said he HAD to post in a color. Therefore, yeah, he did say he had a post restriction.

No, really, you're acting full-fledged Jester. You're just trying to look like scum by defending someone for no reason for doing something scummy. How very peculiar of you.

Anywho, if you want to be lynched, it'll have to be tomorrow. Archangel needs to die.

I didn't realize that Archangel did imply having a post restriction. That was a mistake that I've already been corrected on.

Anyways, Archangel just confuses the fuck out of me. Archangel, why did you post in green originally and why did you roll with having to post in colors or else?

I wouldn't call your posts "pressuring", maybe "gentle nudging" would be a better term.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: September 05, 2010, 12:26:07 am »

Scott Pilgrim vs. The World was amazing.

That said, Org has fired his rocket launcher at SniHjen! SniHjen explodes into blood and giblets. A brief investigation of his house shows that while SniHjen was a bit odd, he was in fact a town Did We Just Have Tea With Cthulhu?:

Town: You win when all forces seeking the town's death are dead.
Teatime (Roleblocks everyone, night, allows dead to post to thread next day, one-shot)

You are the host of a surreal event. On any one night, you can declare it's teatime, and all living and dead players will have a surreal one-night tea party with an elder god. The next day, the voices of the dead will scream loudly in the ears of the town. They will be able to post freely but not to vote.

You turn against Org for his horrific deed, tearing him limb from limb!

... Well, cocks. A brief investigation of HIS home shows he was town too. A Nineties AntiHero to be specific.

Town: You win when all forces seeking the town's death are dead.

Kill (night), Inspect (night, 1shot), Eradicate (1shot, day, results in your death if target is not scum)

You're a stone-cold killer with a dark past dedicated to doing good. You are, unfortunately, very impatient with the "investigating" and prefer progressing directly to the "shooting." You only have the attention span to inspect once this game.

You can, during the day, pull out your rocket launcher and kill any player you suspect of being scum; however, the crowd will promptly slay you if your target is not scum.

That could've gone better.

Mysteriously, no time seems to have passed while this event occurred. The deadline is unchanged.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 12:32:10 am by Pandarsenic »
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Nolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: September 05, 2010, 12:27:10 am »

I'm hoping he'll jump back in here and, I don't know, actually participate in the game. Maybe he'll actually try to get a read off of someone and ask questions? Maybe he'll just defend himself. I'm trying to elicit a reaction, however minute. He's obviously a new player. If he's scum and when he slips up, he'll probably reveal his teammates. To accomplish this end I'm going to get him to talk as much as possible. Even if he's town, activity never hurts and it's not like he's going to mislead anyone with faulty reads (no one's going to listen to him). Are there better targets? They may be. There may not be.

Why are you two concerned over who I'm attacking? There are 16 others you need to focus on and your fixation on my fixation with dwarfguy2 is perplexing and I daresay scummy.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: September 05, 2010, 12:30:36 am »

Let's see.  He has no clue how to play mafia.  He knows absolutely nothing about the rules.  And you--young sir Nolor--think that you can focus on this guy and get scumtells out of him.  You know so much, in fact, that you recognize that anyone who doesn't even know how to vote properly will probably come and play with you when under fire, rather than retreating into a jelly-filled fetal position and crying.

Yeah, that's real useful.  Allow me to make this more clear: YOU ARE WASTING TIME AND PICKING ON EASY TARGETS.  YOU ARE DOING THE OPPOSITE OF SCUM-HUNTING.  STOP NOW.

I'm town.  Therefore he isn't my scumbuddy.  BRRRRZT!  Sorry, you fail.

What did you think I was going to say?  "Oh noes, my panties are in a twist because you hinted he might be my scumbuddy!  I must stop attacking Nolor posthaste, for otherwise my dastardly schemes shall be revealed to all, and I will never make it to the ball!"

Nope.  You sound overly defensive.  You sound scared.  You sound like someone trying to throw a little poke at the person who caught onto their plans.  An OMGUS of sorts, if you will.  So.

Unvote OttofarNolor.

@Pandarsenic: what were their role names?

Ohhh look!  Ninja'd by Nolor.  How quaint.

Even if he's town, activity never hurts and it's not like he's going to mislead anyone with faulty reads (no one's going to listen to him). Are there better targets? They may be. There may not be.

Why are you two concerned over who I'm attacking? There are 16 others you need to focus on and your fixation on my fixation with dwarfguy2 is perplexing and I daresay scummy.

So, you're trying to get the guy no one will listen to to talk, and now you're trying to call us out for attacking you?  I'm sorry, but no.  Webby's been up in everyone's gaskets, and I've been attacking a few people myself.  Neither of us has gone "hey, a little guy!  Let me jump on him.  Let me jump on him some more.  Oh, some big guys are wondering why I'm jumping on this kid.  Let me snarl at them!  That's a really good idea."

We aren't doing what you're doing.  That's the entire point.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: September 05, 2010, 12:31:22 am »

Sorry, edited for those. I didn't realize they were missing until I was putting them in the first post.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: September 05, 2010, 12:32:43 am »

Sorry, edited for those. I didn't realize they were missing until I was putting them in the first post.

Heh, thanks.  Much appreciated.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: September 05, 2010, 12:37:23 am »

What's that?

No? Is that a no?

I didn't realize that Archangel did imply having a post restriction. That was a mistake that I've already been corrected on.

Anyways, Archangel just confuses the fuck out of me. Archangel, why did you post in green originally and why did you roll with having to post in colors or else?
Now you're against Archangel?

So... you're not reading the thread and you just happened to defend him... You know... after not reading the GREEN TEXT THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE TO MISS? Man, you either suck as scum, or you're a Jester. Either way, your lynch will be tomorrow. Congrats if you're a Jester. You win. Otherwise, you suck.

I'm hoping he'll jump back in here and, I don't know, actually participate in the game. Maybe he'll actually try to get a read off of someone and ask questions? Maybe he'll just defend himself. I'm trying to elicit a reaction, however minute. He's obviously a new player. If he's scum and when he slips up, he'll probably reveal his teammates. To accomplish this end I'm going to get him to talk as much as possible. Even if he's town, activity never hurts and it's not like he's going to mislead anyone with faulty reads (no one's going to listen to him). Are there better targets? They may be. There may not be.

Oh, I'm sorry. Did you want me to focus on only those 16 others? I mean, what with me focusing on only those people, I'd have no time to focus on you, right?

Besides... What exactly are you looking for? How would he act scummy or show his scum partners? Why is us asking questions about what you're doing scummy? Why did you jump up there on my scumlist?

You're lucky I'm tired, or I'd be at you more.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: September 05, 2010, 12:52:19 am »

So we have here.

Toaster is an overreacting scum bag who wants double explanations.
Archangel is an annoying person who makes up a post restriction and then goes on admitting it.
Webadict, Zai, and Mr.Person are making this situation way more melodramatic than it needs to be.

Eduren is still the same so far seeing as I don't remember him doing anything noteworthy.

And everything is orbiting around Archangel right now, sigh.  Archangel this is why you don't do things like this.  Up tight bitches get butt hurt.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 33