Poll

Blah.

blah?
- 0 (0%)
blah!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 285

Author Topic: YOU ARE WIZARD! - The Original!  (Read 212191 times)

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: YOU ARE WIZARD! - Whoa!
« Reply #615 on: September 25, 2010, 12:57:14 am »

Also: Teaching others magic: VERY BAD IDEA.

For now: build a computer!

I didn't see you say no to scouting those with mana for safety.
Yes, find those who are capable of magic... and make sure they aren't capable any more. We do NOT need competition.

First of all we're only level 6, we haven't had the dwarf engineers teach us yet, so no +2 to mecha/techno for Vix
I'm thinking of the benefits in the long run when I say teach others magic.
And MURDERING people would draw more notoriety than becoming the village leader. We should murder people in towns we have no plans of taking over from a distance covering our mana trails as much as possible.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2010, 12:59:00 am by Lillipad »
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: September 25, 2010, 01:00:44 am »

duel Sarda and win
...You mean...we could become...THE WIZARD THAT DID IT?!

Yes, find those who are capable of magic... and make sure they aren't capable any more. We do NOT need competition.

First of all we're only level 6, we haven't had the dwarf engineers teach us yet, so no +2 to mecha/techno for Vix
And MURDERING people would draw more notoriety than becoming the village leader. We should murder people in towns we have no plans of taking over from a distance covering our mana trails as much as possible.
We are level 7:
Dual Rank up in Mecha/Techno (Rank 7)
And I didn't mean murdering people. Our metamagic is probably strong enough to simply drain the magical potential from someone with absolutely no training.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: September 25, 2010, 01:03:32 am »

Not nessesarily murder...
Amnesia.
Magic Suppresion.
Whack on the head with adamantine chunk, suck magic into it.
plenty of other ways.

Dragnar: Yep. :D Looking forward to describing that fight, I am. maybe have people help with the describing on both sides to make it as Epic as possible.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: September 25, 2010, 01:05:38 am »

duel Sarda and win
...You mean...we could become...THE WIZARD THAT DID IT?!

We are level 7:
Dual Rank up in Mecha/Techno (Rank 7)
And I didn't mean murdering people. Our metamagic is probably strong enough to simply drain the magical potential from someone with absolutely no training.

I'd clear out the parts in that I didn't need, but I'm too lazy. I didn't notice that he ranked us up to 7 in order to avoid having to owe the dwarven kingdom a favor. Should we get the Bobputer blueprints from the dwarf engineers we hired?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: September 25, 2010, 01:10:16 am »

not really, we know how to make a real one now. let the Dwarfputer be a peasant attraction, get us some money until the one smartiepants peasant figures it out for us.
speaking of which, would it be possible to make computer parts out of a half-crystalline metal? (Crysteel) We have no normal metal.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: September 25, 2010, 01:12:44 am »

This is magic Aklyon. Do you even HAVE to ask if reality is required?

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: September 25, 2010, 01:14:02 am »

not really, we know how to make a real one now. let the Dwarfputer be a peasant attraction, get us some money until the one smartiepants peasant figures it out for us.
speaking of which, would it be possible to make computer parts out of a half-crystalline metal? (Crysteel) We have no normal metal.
Electricity wouldn't flow through an ordinary crystal, but we have MAGIC, so what do we care?! Actually, depending on how accurately we can split the crysteel, we could create a normal circuit pretty easy, using the crystal in place of silicon and the steel in place of copper wires.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: September 25, 2010, 01:16:12 am »

not really Lilli, but the more times people spell out my name the more likely they are to spell it with a l before the y :)

You make some fancy thing, and name it computer.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: September 25, 2010, 01:18:25 am »

not really Lilli, but the more times people spell out my name the more likely they are to spell it with a l before the y :)

You make some fancy thing, and name it computer.

I can see your point.
Make a second computer and feed it to the Cryswarm to see if that does anything interesting. Afterward begin learning what all you can do with the computer.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: September 25, 2010, 01:19:03 am »

Program pong.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: September 25, 2010, 01:21:21 am »

Program pong.

Theory and experimentation before diving right into something you don't know much about.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: September 25, 2010, 01:23:37 am »

Program pong.

Theory and experimentation before diving right into something you don't know much about.
I don't remember much about programming, and pong gives me an excuse to change the title.

Beep.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: YOU ARE WIZARD! - Beep! Boop!
« Reply #627 on: September 25, 2010, 01:28:19 am »

Once we program Pong, learn as much as possible about the computer, remake it, feed it to the Cryswarm to see if the individual swarms grow smarter.(with the aid of Random.org, of course.)

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: September 25, 2010, 01:38:41 am »

Once we program Pong, learn as much as possible about the computer, remake it, feed it to the Cryswarm to see if the individual swarms grow smarter.(with the aid of Random.org, of course.)
NO! God no. We don't need the cryswarm feeding on things or becoming smart. End of story. We like this planet, and grey goo would hurt it.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: September 25, 2010, 01:42:08 am »

yes it would. We're barely halfway to what'd need to survive grey goo (Rank 20 Meta).
Difference between world domination and destruction is nessasary reminder to mad scientists/mages.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 285