Poll

Blah.

blah?
- 0 (0%)
blah!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 285

Author Topic: YOU ARE WIZARD! - The Original!  (Read 212176 times)

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: YOU ARE WIZARD! - Huh.
« Reply #570 on: September 24, 2010, 09:38:13 pm »

Study the dwarfputer, trying to figure out how to miniaturize it.

Command the cryswarm to turn into a brain, and then try communicating with it.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: September 24, 2010, 09:43:00 pm »

You study the Dwarfputer. it reminds you of the abacuses at the school. Except really complex and without beads.

'Brain'; It melts into a puddle. whatever happened, its not smart enough to talk coherently yet.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: September 24, 2010, 09:44:10 pm »

I just thought of something people might not want to veto!

Akylon what do you say to lessons being able to increase your knowledge of a specific skill by 2 points so long as it isn't level 10, and it's a one time thing per skill?

Also can we improve our understanding of enchantments in general so we can recognize/disenchant things we did not create at a higher level, with our current understanding being basic, and after a lesson at the magic shop being average?

These are questions, so no veto for you ha!
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: September 24, 2010, 09:46:54 pm »

I like the simple enchantments system we have.

There isn't a tutor in town, just the unsocial Psionic Alchemist Shopkeeper. maybe later.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: September 24, 2010, 09:49:34 pm »

I say we need more adamantine.
We can never have enough adamantine.

Also, try ordering cryswarm to create more complex shapes, or redo shapes it couldn't before.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: September 24, 2010, 09:53:13 pm »

Order the cryswarm to turn into a mech. :D

Also build some hauler bots to trade to the dorfs. Buy any metal we need for them.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: September 24, 2010, 09:54:57 pm »

what kind of shapes besides mech? I know that isn't going to work yet.

don't forget that if we tell it to form a small object, the excess units will go into detailing, possibly becoming more complex than the same item could be normally (like a sword).
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: September 24, 2010, 09:55:28 pm »

I didn't mean for it to be a complex enchant system. Just something like:
basic: you can recognize/remove enchants 1 level higher than your level in that magic
average: 3 levels higher
advanced: 5 levels higher
master: any enchantment

You'd get them from magic shop owners, you can only reach average in this town, so you'd need to go to a bigger one for advanced. Something like that. It was just something I thought could save time in learning more about our past.
Since no one wants a bigger enchant system I started wondering. Can we reverse enchants if we're a higher level in that field than the enchant?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: September 24, 2010, 09:57:53 pm »

yes, we can reverse enchant. otherwise Alchemy would be the only thing with an Undo.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: September 24, 2010, 10:05:38 pm »

You totally missed the point of what we were saying. It isn't that we want to veto everything you say, it is that the way you are giving suggestions are making the game no fun for the rest of us. You are also not paying attention to half the things said. WE CAN'T GET HELP WITH ENCHANTMENTS. We get better by leveling up. That is all. Also, THE CRYSWARM ISN'T INTELLIGENT. We can give it one word commands, and that is all.

Try telling it to take the form of a sword, then swing it at a tree. I want to know what the properties of a cryswarm blade are.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: September 24, 2010, 10:10:57 pm »

as blunt as breadbocks was, he's right. the Cryswarm might be intelligent later, but 100 parts isn't enough.

(I've decided this is how i'll show cryswarm commands for now)
'Sword'; the 110 Cryswarm form into a quite intricate, really freaking solid blade. You pick it up, and it makes a pretty solid dent in the tree for something made out of pure crystal.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: September 24, 2010, 10:15:55 pm »

Examine the blade afterwards. Then find a tree of like size and girth and species, and swing our sword at it. The find a third matching tree, tell the cryswarm "Axe" and swing it at the tree. Compare.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: September 24, 2010, 10:18:58 pm »

You totally missed the point of what we were saying. It isn't that we want to veto everything you say, it is that the way you are giving suggestions are making the game no fun for the rest of us. You are also not paying attention to half the things said. WE CAN'T GET HELP WITH ENCHANTMENTS. We get better by leveling up. That is all. Also, THE CRYSWARM ISN'T INTELLIGENT. We can give it one word commands, and that is all.

Try telling it to take the form of a sword, then swing it at a tree. I want to know what the properties of a cryswarm blade are.

If you'd look back you'd notice that not many people were posting current ideas on what to do. Everyone else was either not here, or giving suggestions to things that happened 2-3 pages ago, which is why I've been planning entire days out, I only meant to keep things moving forward, I'm not having much fun right now either. Also we have yet to eat, and it's been about two game days, why does everyone disagree with eating?

The Cryswarm is SENTIENT, I said nothing of high intelligence, those two things are RELATED but DIFFERENT. We've already seen that it has thought, which is why I'm assuming we can speak to it in a few swarm levels, which is why I won't shut up about it. If we can communicate with it properly we can make it loyal to us so that we'll never HAVE to kill it. Another thing I'm wondering about is why nobody wants to tame subject Beta, he's a gigantic wild squirrel that probably hates us right now and has the means with which to kill us.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 10:22:02 pm by Lillipad »

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: September 24, 2010, 10:19:27 pm »

Tell the cryswarm "ring".

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: September 24, 2010, 10:30:25 pm »

Tell the cryswarm "ring".

There would be no point in doing that, but since no one wants to eat, get a job, ask how strong the hat's enchantment is, or tame the vicious squirrel we might as well.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 285