Poll

Blah.

blah?
- 0 (0%)
blah!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 285

Author Topic: YOU ARE WIZARD! - The Original!  (Read 212024 times)

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
Re: YOU ARE WIZARD!
« Reply #75 on: September 10, 2010, 12:07:49 am »

Ooh, that's an interesting project... Create non-cold ice! Can't be THAT hard at level 5 cryomancy.

no...
WARM ICE
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 10, 2010, 09:00:21 am »

see if you can get a second Giant Pot from the blacksmith so you don't have to wait for your Alchemy Equipment to cool off between forging experiments.
We're a CRYOMANCER, and we're WAITING for something to COOL OF?!

Also, try that alchemical thingy. Just make a quick hovel outside from ice to test it in, and use a temporary mold made from ice as well.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 10, 2010, 01:35:50 pm »

see if you can get a second Giant Pot from the blacksmith so you don't have to wait for your Alchemy Equipment to cool off between forging experiments.
We're a CRYOMANCER, and we're WAITING for something to COOL OF?!
*facepalm*

Armok 1, me 0. I really have no idea why I didn't think of that.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 10, 2010, 01:43:37 pm »

:D
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 10, 2010, 02:31:19 pm »

The alchemical thing IS the cryoagents. I was just in the mood for making ridiculous magic technobabble.

You go and ask how much the mason would want to add on to the tower. you hear the number and walk away looking like someone just tried to rip you off. It would be cheaper to buy several houses than do that!

You get back to your tower, and cold blast the pot. Of course, it cools instantly. What were you thinking before? silliness, thats what. earlier, you had shown them a piece of ice shaped like a sheep, and they acted like you'd found a diamond. all you need is to remove the chilliness from the ice, and you'll literally be able to get money out of thin air. But how? that would be like having dry water.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 10, 2010, 02:33:52 pm »

1. make three more cryoagents.
2. mix cryoagent + mutagen.
3. mix cryoagent + stabilizer.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 10, 2010, 03:25:22 pm »

1. make three more cryoagents.
2. mix cryoagent + mutagen.
3. mix cryoagent + stabilizer.
After a few attempts, you get two stable ones. stupid book, using the big fancy name instead of just saying "Cryoagent. Do not crush." like your mentor did when he introduced you to them!
You then decide to throw a mutagen in and see what happens. you pour some water into the pot, and both dissolve. the water condenses into a fire red version of a cryoagent, which you assume is the Pyromancy equivalent. You lift it out of the pot with tongs, put it away from your self, and then make a third one and throw in a stabilizer this time. but before you can go get the water, the pot freezes completely (even the air in it) and the floor cracks from the extra weight. You stand on your awesome rolling chair and pierce the new kind of reagent with a razor sharp icicle shot. It vaporizes, taking the frozen pot with it. Well Crap, now you actually have to go get a new pot after all.

Discoveries:
Pyroagent (cryoagent + mutagen), probably not a good idea for you to touch.

Absolute Zero (cryoagent + stabilizer in alchemically enchanted equipment), seems to vaporize all cold material touching it if pierced. room felt noticeably colder when it was made, is slowly warming back up.

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Alchemy Reagents (click to show/hide)

At Home:
Giant Glowing Rolling Ice Throne of MAGIC!
Magic Crysteel Sword
Improved Mecha-bench (metal top)
Basic Alchemist's equipment next to large trash can and open window.

Skills:
Rank 5 Cryomancer (+.10)
Rank 3 Alchemist(+.20)
Rank 2 Mechamancer
Rank 2 Technologician
Dabbling in Metamancy

Daytime.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 10, 2010, 04:02:32 pm »

1. Make some more crysteel.
2. plant(live) + cryoagent + mutagen
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 10, 2010, 04:15:41 pm »

The trick here is to create an ice core with slow moving particles, and an extremely thin veneer of fast moving particles over whatever ice thing you hope to create, while simultaneously preventing the transference of heat from the fast moving particles to the slow moving ones, and making the fast moving particles incapable of moving enough to expose the colder core.  Boom, warm ice thingy.

I suspect what I just said was entirely wrong, but meh.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 10, 2010, 04:30:53 pm »

He has no alchemy equipment, except the tongs and random other tools that weren't near the pot like the lid. a plain Giant Pot would work, but he would tire himself out pretty quickly if he had to do all the enchanting and such by himself, specialized Alchemy Equipment does most of the grunt work for you.

so he pretty much has 2 choices:

1. Do Alchemy Ye Olde Fashionede Waye (get tired faster and be more likely to mess up stuff and end up with a useless Mistake, but gain more experience faster and eventually find out how to enchant the pot yourself.)

2. Find nearest Major Settlement and buy new enchanted Giant Pot, and haul it back to this town and your tower. (possibility of getting lost or killed by wolves, but would have proper equipment again)

@Lucas
He can't really control particles like that, even ice particles. Particle control is more Metamancy than anything (since you can do much more game and/or physics breaking stuff then just warm ice if you can affect particles) , unless you're at least a Elite Cryo/Pyromancer (or Hyper Psychic) Rank 5 Cryo is somewhere above average, but not really near elite yet.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 10, 2010, 05:35:52 pm »

Can we get ice that is stable enough to use for alcemy? It seems half the stuff we does destroys the equipment anyway, and isn't a very exact science, so temporary stuff made from ice might be more sensible.

Try this by making 20 cryoagent and 10 crysteel.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 10, 2010, 06:27:06 pm »

We could try. I'll go to random.org and grab a number, then add 1 for being above average, and if its above 15/20, it'll be stable enough to make crysteel in(though you'll need an actual normal pot to actually make stuff out of it, the ice will cool it down as soon as its formed; also, the less you need to do with it, the lower the requirement will be for stability) Either way, I'll give you guys some Cryo exp for each try.
So...

You decide to be even cheaper and make your own pot out of ice. First though, you'll need more humidity. So, you grab the tongs and fling the pyroagent into the fireplace to make it more summery. *WHOOSH!*
Having gotten enough humidity to keep the room not-totally-out of water vapor, you make the pot, and try to make it strong enough to make some crysteel. It seems just good enough.
you decide to test it with a plant test.you put a plate near the fire, then put it in the pot and put the last living plant on the warm-ish plate, followed by a mutagen and a cryoagent. you chant what you think is the combination magic, and the plant turns into some kind of weird plant colored ice thing that grows when near cold. Satified, you make 12 or so more cryoagents, dump about 10 scrap in, then do what you did before to freeze the fireplace. You drop that in too, drill holes into the Ice Pot to bolt the lid onto, do so, and crush the frozen fire. the pot makes a ton of steam sounds, and turns the lid red-hot. then it melts in a huge puff of steam, and a pot-shaped hunk of average quality Crysteel falls on the floor. the crack in the floor cracks again from the thud. You really should get that fixed soon.

14 +1. quite lucky, you guys are.

-10 scrap, +9 Crysteel (pot was just barely strong enough to let it cool correctly, you had to freeze and shatter one unusable section.)
+.15 Cryomancy (Rank 5.25)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 10, 2010, 06:35:57 pm »

Create a layer of ice under the cracked floor to hold it together for now.

Find a blacksmith and chow him the crysteel. Offer to get him as much as he wants if he forges us some parts out of it in exchange.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 10, 2010, 09:57:55 pm »

erm, couldn't we get a blacksmith to make a crysteel pot, thus possibly giving us bonuses when we do cold stuff?
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 10, 2010, 10:22:01 pm »

We could, but then he'd ask 'wtf is this crystal doing in the metal?'
a Crysteel giant pot would be very nice, though.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 285