Poll

Blah.

blah?
- 0 (0%)
blah!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 285

Author Topic: YOU ARE WIZARD! - The Original!  (Read 212008 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: YOU ARE WIZARD!
« Reply #45 on: September 06, 2010, 12:14:15 am »

You decide to go to the Town Garbage Heap.
Wait. Why is there a light on there, at the gate seperating the town from the plains and the Garbage Heap? Its a pile of thrown out crap, why would it need a guard? The peasantry never seemed to care about the crap before...

Continue on?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 06, 2010, 12:42:39 am »

A) The guard has no reason to stop anyone from searching the dump.

B) We are the town wizard.  WE OWN THIS PLACE.

Continue.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 06, 2010, 01:14:16 am »

We don't own it yet, we lack Power. (better Cryomancy or Psionics = more Power. better Pyromancy also adds Power, but it lessens our Cryomancy doing so. More Power means whatever you guys want to do with it >) Metamancy is a whole 'nother story...)
Right now, We really only OWN the place during the winter, where we get powerboosted from the cold weather and the ice and snow. But enough mechanic-talk. On with the junk raiding!

Eh, its a guard. At worst you could just snipe him with a decently-sharp icicle, but dead guy would cause suspicion and so on. You walk up and yell at him, and he just shrugs and turns back around. you start scavenging for any usable junk, metal or reagent. plenty of broken old tools, dead flora, a few dead rats, and a quite a lot of apparently flawed metal weaponry. maybe the blacksmith had a bad day, or he just wasn't happy with them. Whatever. you pull a half-rusted wheelbarrow out or a heap, dump the stuff in it, and after a few quick magic patches so it doesn't fall apart halfway, you heave the stuff back to your tower.

Scavenged:
a wheelbarrow-full of metal junk, equivalent to 50 things of scrap metal. (average quality)
2 dead rats to experiment on.
3 dead (or close enough) natural plants

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Alchemy Reagents (click to show/hide)

Nearby:
Giant Glowing Rolling Ice Throne of MAGIC!
Basic Mecha-Bench
Basic Alchemist's equipment next to large trash can and open window.

Skills:
Rank 2 Cryomancer
Rank 2.30 Alchemist
Rank 1 Mechamancer
Rank 1 Technologician

Inventions:
Giant Glowing Rolling Ice Throne of MAGIC! (rolling chair + unmelting glowing giant snowflake)

Somewhat Tired.
Morning soon.
Alchemy Equipment is clean-ish.
~2 days until fake snowstorm for town kids.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 01:15:52 am by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 06, 2010, 06:40:14 am »

mutagen+a piece of crap.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 06, 2010, 09:32:10 am »

Alchemize the scrap together into higher quality metal.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 06, 2010, 09:53:29 am »

Alchemize the scrap together into higher quality metal.
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 06, 2010, 10:25:55 am »

Having finally heaved that wheelbarrow up the tower, you sit for a minute, then decide to get better metal.
Lacking anything to melt the metal with, you throw a reactive in your fireplace fire and put the pot above it. The fire flares up hugely, and you dump all the stuff in it. It is just hot enough to melt it, you drop the other reactive in (He doesn't know any other way to enhance stuff yet besides reactive + thing), and the pot glows silver. You kept one sword out to cut it with, so after pouring it onto your mecha-bench (with the sides up)you alternate cold-blasting it and slicing it into to chunks, except for a layer of metal you leave on the top of the bench to improve it with.

Result:
scrap metal x40 (Above-average quality, 5 used for the bench, 5 lost improving it)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Alchemy Reagents (click to show/hide)

Nearby:
Giant Glowing Rolling Ice Throne of MAGIC!
Improved Mecha-bench (metal top)
Basic Alchemist's equipment next to large trash can and open window.

Skills:
Rank 2.10 Cryomancer (+.10)
Rank 2.40 Alchemist (+.10)
Rank 1 Mechamancer
Rank 1 Technologician

Inventions:
Giant Glowing Rolling Ice Throne of MAGIC! (rolling chair + unmelting glowing giant snowflake)

Quite Tired.
Daytime.
Alchemy Equipment is cooling down.
~2 days until fake snowstorm for town kids.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 06, 2010, 10:41:12 am »

Construct a Mecha-staff! It doesn't have to do anything, just look steampunk-like.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 06, 2010, 11:57:02 am »

You decide to make yourself look more wizardly, and construct a Staff. you then decide that a mechanical staff would be cooler and dismantle the first staff, then re-assemble it with some moving parts at the top and a frozen chunk of round-ish metal in the middle of the moving parts.

Simple MechaStaff invented!
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 06, 2010, 03:43:51 pm »

Alcemize a pice of scrap metal with a mutagen.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 07, 2010, 01:59:21 pm »

Why? Its metal. it probably won't do anything unless its molten, and we can't get the fire back up without more reactives, or strong Pyromancy.

Any other suggestions?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 07:05:19 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 07, 2010, 07:33:13 pm »

Enchant sword to freeze things on touch.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 07, 2010, 08:35:18 pm »

You decide to make a weapon, and look at the sword. It looks fine, why'd the smith toss it?
You freeze the sword to see why it ended up junked,and to start enhancing it, and a previously unnoticed minute crack in the metal grows visible. you try to slowly pull the cold back out of it and it shatters to pieces on the bench. Damnit.

-1 sword
+20 shrapnel
+.15 Cryomancy skill (Rank 2.25)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 07, 2010, 10:24:17 pm »

alchemise a sword with a bunch of metals to repair it
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 08, 2010, 12:14:45 am »

You look at the ruined sword, look at your Alchemy equipment, then look at your pile of reagents. nothing there that could possibly bring back the forgery flame. cryoagents would freeze the fire, which would be poi-
wait.

frozen fire meant ice. you could work with that. but you can't freeze a fire without putting it out, can you? that seemed physically impossible. Eh, screw physics.

FOR MAGIC!

You dump the hilt, shrapnel, and a bit of extra metal into the pot, then grabbed a cryoagent out of the pile, encased it in ice, threw it into the fire, and it froze. or it died and you just had a statue. Whatever.
You dropped it in the pot, put the lid on and bolted it shut. Then you tried to compress the ice to see if it was just ice, and it it refused to shrink. You tried again trying to crush it this time, and heard a huge explosion inside of the pot, and it almost immediately turned red-hot, but cooled of almost as fast. You unbolt the lid, grabbed something to cover your hands with, and lifted the lid. a pool of molten metal was there, looking half-crystalline. It was probably a steel sword, so you called the substance Crysteel. you hastily made a mold out of ice, poured it into the mold, and just barely kept the mold together long enough for the Crysteel to cool. As soon as it did, you passed out from exhaustion, letting the sparkling sword clatter to the floor.

Weren't expecting all of that to happen, were you guys? :D
Well, to sum it up, I got bored of the small ideas you guys were giving, so I boosted the story along quite a bit. WIZARD (who I can't really think of a suitably wizardly name for) now has a magic half-crystal, half-steel sword made by Cryo-Forging, and at least another Rank in Cryomancy, maybe more, or maybe split between both primaries (I really liked the idea of the sword and didn't want to lose it getting bogged down in numbers, I'll edit in the decided boosts later).

That, and I didn't want it to be exactly like MAN of SCIENCE!!, where it on page 20 or something and we still only have the anklebiter, one interesting chemical, and a super-laptop with a physics simulator.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 285