Poll

Blah.

blah?
- 0 (0%)
blah!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 285

Author Topic: YOU ARE WIZARD! - The Original!  (Read 212093 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: YOU ARE WIZARD! - A Dwarf Appears!
« Reply #360 on: September 21, 2010, 03:24:13 pm »

The tower should be 5-10 floors, possibly having some floors underground.
It should be located at the edge of the town, about, say 30 meters from the nearest structures.

An underground passage to connect the tower to the Dwarf fortress would also be helpful.
"Right, then. Urist Forgeblades is making ye armor, and we'll make ye tower like ye said. We'll connect ye other tower to ye new one after we move it out of the way so i can have me 2nd office. See ya later!" Bridgeforged says as Urist Forgeblades the Armorsmith is measuring you, and putting adamantine into a bin for him to carry back to his forge.

So, while the dwarves are building your tower, you can't think of much to do. you could make a trade route, but that would work better if the traders had a big tower to see. What to do?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: September 21, 2010, 03:44:24 pm »

Start to look though meta-mancy books.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: September 21, 2010, 03:56:29 pm »

You knock on the door to the magic shop, and hold up your 4 gold and the metamancy book Ye Olde AntePhysicse. He comes out, makes the book glow, and then it goes poof, and rearranges itself into English. He takes your gold and goes back in without saying a word.

You are now a Talented Metamancer (Rank 6, gained 2 ranks from the book). You now know how to transmute most natural stuff into its component parts to try to make reagents, among other things.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

skaltum

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: September 21, 2010, 03:58:02 pm »

metamorph a plant into a carp
I just realized, after adding the new body parts to the other races, that I have an entire squad of dwarves with a shield in each hand and swinging their axes with their penises. There's nightmare fuel for those goblins, in more ways than one.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: September 21, 2010, 03:58:53 pm »

Theres no river nearby.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: September 21, 2010, 04:02:01 pm »

Do it anyway. Metamorph a large amount of earth to water.
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: September 21, 2010, 04:03:58 pm »

one of the townies' crops, or some grass?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: September 21, 2010, 04:06:20 pm »

Some grass, I dont want a repeat of last town.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: September 21, 2010, 04:12:06 pm »

Can we get an update on skills and equips and stuff? Also, do use your new metamancery skills to take the metal out of some crysteel and leave the crystals.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

skaltum

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: September 21, 2010, 04:13:43 pm »

and then make an ice sphere and metamise the carp to be floating in it like a hamster ball, but with a mighty carp inside, with air conditioning and central cooling  :P
I just realized, after adding the new body parts to the other races, that I have an entire squad of dwarves with a shield in each hand and swinging their axes with their penises. There's nightmare fuel for those goblins, in more ways than one.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: September 21, 2010, 04:19:03 pm »

Try and reduce some random plants to reagents. Also try it on a small animal of some sort.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

skaltum

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: September 21, 2010, 04:20:24 pm »

Try and reduce some random plants to reagents. Also try it on a small animal of some sort.

find the nearest squirrel and begin frankensquirrel "playing" with it's genes

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: September 21, 2010, 04:35:16 pm »

You create a small pond, and then pull up a clump of grass and transmute it into a tiny headless carp. Eww. well, practice is practice. you kill the somehow not dead on creation thing with an icicle swarm, since you can't tell how you kill something with no head.

you then deconstruct some crysteel, and find it splits into about half metal and half crystals. hmm. this will not be a very efficient way to get crystal, you think. But theres so many things you could do if you could get crystals. Well, another reason to get that trade route, you decide.

You then decide to try reducing some plants and small animals to useful reagents. Grass dissolves to dust. a blue flower plant splits into a reactive and dust. a red flower plant bursts into flame when exposed to magic, but when deflowered dissolves into obsidian, of all things. Strange. you stun a squirrel with the chunk of obsidian instead of a snowball like you'd planned, and morph the surrounding dirt into a stone cage. phew. Metamancy is tiring. you pick up the caged squirrel and go back to your room, which the dwarves have finished moving.

The tower has the ground floor and 1 level above and belowground built. How many underground levels should it have? Inventory'll be edited in in a moment, I need to make sure I have everything updated right.

« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 05:38:59 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: September 21, 2010, 04:43:11 pm »

Two basement levels, the bottom only accessible though a secret door.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

skaltum

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: September 21, 2010, 04:44:04 pm »

which somehow leads back to the epic battle of ice 7 and fire 7

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 285