Poll

Blah.

blah?
- 0 (0%)
blah!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 285

Author Topic: YOU ARE WIZARD! - The Original!  (Read 212082 times)

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: YOU ARE WIZARD! - A Dwarf Appears!
« Reply #345 on: September 20, 2010, 11:02:24 pm »

Yes, make more adamantine. Buy more materials from the shopkeeper if we run out.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: September 20, 2010, 11:22:45 pm »

Interesting. Anyways, for the title, just click the little select button on the box, ctrl-c, then ctrl-v in your post, and wallah! Instant title. Anyways, the 20 pieces or so of addy we already have should be enough for the tower and a fair bit of armor. While they build the tower structure a hundred yards or so back from the town proper, do the frozen fire iceforging trick to make two doors from crysteel (One for the outside door, one for the lab door). We need to use some of that stuff, and with crysteel being never-before-seen in this town, it could lead to less attacks on our doors. If possible, make a batch of crysteel with some ice fused into it so that is comes out clear, and make some windows.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: September 20, 2010, 11:31:33 pm »

I am not going to read it if it has titles that huge.
Besides, I like first person.

Anyway, I agree with most of Breadbocks, plus, is there a recipe for Magewall anywhere?

And more adamantium.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: September 21, 2010, 02:13:47 am »

I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: September 21, 2010, 02:30:28 am »

Breadbocks
Grrrrr....
B

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: September 21, 2010, 03:37:32 am »

OK
Breadbocks
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

skaltum

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: September 21, 2010, 03:41:56 am »

i say we use the mystic arts of our mechanics and make an animated serrated disc out of adamantine, and use it like the predators do!

:o
I just realized, after adding the new body parts to the other races, that I have an entire squad of dwarves with a shield in each hand and swinging their axes with their penises. There's nightmare fuel for those goblins, in more ways than one.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: September 21, 2010, 06:15:12 am »

Make a tower a fair bit outside of town. Have them fix up the one we already have inside town. The tower shuld be made from microline for that icy look. The tower shuld have a moat with spikes on the bootom. There shuld be a secret tunnel beten the two towers. The Towers outside shuld be covered in fractal engraving of itsels and hve statues of itself evrywhere. There shuld be a cyosteel drawbride-door hooked up to a mechanism that can be activated only by some mechanamcy key you have. There shuld be a giant pair of cranes/roboarms of dwarven mechanism on the outside that can be controled using mechanamcy. The tower shuld be 256 tiles high and 32 tiles in diameter. There shuld be a large camber for experimenting secretly under it far enoguth down that things that go boom wont reach the tower. There shuld be admantine decorations inside and evry room of Royal quality. There shuld be really cozy carpets. There shuld be addy serated disk traps and Absolute Zero Drop traps. The Secret tunnel shuld be colapsable from the big tower and it shuld be extremly sturdy and defendable. It shall contain the best magic labs posible. No mining alowed nearby after it's finished.

Set up a good trade supply line for buying regents of all kinds from the dwarves, especialy the ones needed to make addy, and hoard up some money and crafts for things that can be bought but not from dwarves.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: September 21, 2010, 07:23:50 am »

Everything, not including what Armok said, except the last bit of the first paragraph.

And maybe the second.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: September 21, 2010, 11:14:44 am »

Creating more adamantine would be good, and the tower should be outside of town, as was suggested.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: September 21, 2010, 12:21:01 pm »

Yeah, Armok, no good. It's one thing to request a moderate tower made of microcline. But what you asked for is ridiculous.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: September 21, 2010, 12:25:53 pm »

each of those sugestions can be rejected or used seprately. Besides, wich basicaly unlimited addy there are no limit to what we can make dwarves do.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: September 21, 2010, 12:39:21 pm »

There is the limit of reason. Even stone houses need maintenance, and a megaproject scale house would be an unimaginable amount of work to keep functioning. And if there was a deep basement lap, the whole thing would be liable to collapse. What we need is a reasonable sized tower to look impressive, but not over-the-top.

And some armor and perhaps an unenchanted addy ax to deal with mage walls or enemies that are immune to magic.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 12:42:45 pm by breadbocks »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: September 21, 2010, 02:16:47 pm »

Can you guys summarize what you want the semi-modest tower to be and where outside of town you want it? Our original tower can be for experiments.
Trade route is a good idea.

Adamantium is no good against magewall, Tis naturally enchanted with autosharpening if its made into a weapon. Throwing a chunk of it will still work, though.

Have you thought of unmaking Crysteel, bread? you can't make metal clear, but the crystals...
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: September 21, 2010, 03:15:01 pm »

The tower should be 5-10 floors, possibly having some floors underground.
It should be located at the edge of the town, about, say 30 meters from the nearest structures.

An underground passage to connect the tower to the Dwarf fortress would also be helpful.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 285