Poll

Blah.

blah?
- 0 (0%)
blah!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 285

Author Topic: YOU ARE WIZARD! - The Original!  (Read 212084 times)

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
Re: YOU ARE WIZARD! - A Dwarf Appears!
« Reply #330 on: September 20, 2010, 08:40:08 pm »

Trade him an incredibly small piece of adamantium for loyalty, or an agreement with his nation.
Also tell him you can make the stuff, he'll probably have a heart attack. ;D

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: September 20, 2010, 08:44:38 pm »

You slice of a corner and give it to him, but only if he takes you to his leader.

You really wish you remembered how to be diplomatic. otherwise this could turn out badly; you aren't axe-proof. or bolt-proof.
:-\
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: September 20, 2010, 08:49:26 pm »

Well obviously we have a rapist in Lincoln Park We should take this chance to show off, and quickly iceforge a shield and mail shirt.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: September 20, 2010, 08:51:20 pm »

I know of no Dwarf that would not trade his very SOUL for the metal of the gods, just tell them that you can make it with the right ingredients.

But don't tell them how you make it yet, that might make you disposable.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: September 20, 2010, 08:53:31 pm »

Promise to give them a certain amount of addy for free and afterwards be open to the idea of them trading for it but only if they promise to leave you and your tower alone.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: September 20, 2010, 08:57:59 pm »

You quickly try to remember how to metamance your sword to you, just in case. You feel it strap onto your back.
whoo, that is not something you're really up for doing again, youll need more skill. But you have your sword, and you quickly make some ice chainmail over top of your cloak. you feel cramped with your cloaked pinned to you like this, but also feel safer. The dwarf doesn't seem to notice. theres no lightsource, but its light in here! Confusing!
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: September 20, 2010, 09:12:27 pm »

Offer their leader a trade: Our adamantine for their masonry. Our tower is not grand enough yet.

We also promise to aid them if any goblins happen to siege the town.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: September 20, 2010, 09:26:12 pm »

Offer them SOME addy in exchange for a tower, but not all, and don't offer anything else.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: September 20, 2010, 09:46:29 pm »

You arrive in a Awesome Meeting Hall. Or a Dining Room, you can't tell. theres eating and drunkness and talking, so its really exactly what you expected to be, just Grand. and covered in recursive engravings. You weren't expecting that.

"Urist! Who Be Ye follower?" a dwarf yelled from the other side of the room. You assumed he was the leader, since he was sitting in the fanciest chair. You think its the fanciest; Tis hard to tell when all the chairs are kinda fancy.

"I dn't know. but he has a underground tower where ye said to put ye office." You feel out of place now that you look around; most of the dwarves are either naked or covered in beard. Fancy Chair has a Steel Breastplate on, but is otherwise naked as well.

"Who Be Ye, who steal my office space-ta-be?" Fancy Chair Dwarf shouts.

"Sauron! I be Sauron, Wizard of Ice and Adamantium!" The whole Grand room becomes dead silent almost instantly. its kinda creepy how fast it happens, actually. Its like the entire world paused as soon as you said Adamantium.

"Ye blasphemous! Nae Human has gotten near ta god's metal before a dwarf! I should behead ye for saying that!"
Fancy Chair rips his battle axe out of the floor next to him. Craaaaaap.
"Prove it, or be axed immeadiately! I care not for Urist's engraving of a cheese that ye be standing on, when ye come in here and spout blasphemy like ye just did!"
Crap! Again! you don't have any on y-
Your sword. Duh. You unsheath it, and the godly metal gleams. Fancy Chair drops his axe.

"where did Ye find that? Tis an Adamantine Sword! Would be better if it were an axe, but the Adamantine! Tis right in front of me eyes! What do Ye want, Wizard of Armok?"

"I'm not of Armok, Dwarf. Well, I don't think I am, I don't remember much. quite possible I could be, I suppose."

"Get on with it, will ye? Ye can blab about ye memory problems later, over some ale. Or maybe wine, if ye weak human-ness can nae stand Dwarven ale. What do ye want? Armor? somethin' built? Them dusty books the last wizard left?"
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: September 20, 2010, 09:49:02 pm »

We want a tower built for us with angry mob defenses and the stuff the last wizard left behind
It's FEF, not FEOF

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: September 20, 2010, 09:54:05 pm »

Stuff last wizard had, and a 10 z-level story high tower. Also, We are now
Code: [Select]
Sauron, Wizard of Ice and Alchemy, creator of Crysteel, Maker of Adamantine, Prophet of Armok, Champion of Dwarves, Stander on Engravings of Cheese, Holder of About 5 Miles[sup]3[/sup]
EDIT: added some.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 10:00:46 pm by breadbocks »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: September 20, 2010, 10:21:48 pm »

You know I'm not going to type that all out unless its actually needed, right? thats a lot longer than the short version.
But cool, giant title!
Anyway...

"Ye want a tower and them books? ye sure ye don't want armor as well? ye look pretty vulnerable, even with that melting suit of ice chainmail ye have on."
"Well, can you make armor that doesn't freeze, and can fit under my cloak?"
"Of course we can! We're dwarfs! we built an entire noble's tower full of offices and beds and chairs, and they didn't die. Well, not in any way that could be called purposeful, anyway. accidents, maybe, but nae on purpose. The lever wasn't supposed ta be connected to the support anyway, it was supposed to be connected to the goblin trap right next it. Tis sad that the baron who so nicely asked for a door made of that rock which does not exist died soon after the tower was finished. He barely go ta see it."

"But anyway, back to the present. Heres ye old dusty wizard books, we'll make ye a suit of adamantine armor if ye will give us the precious, and We'll start building ye a tall tower as soon as ye decide where ye want it. The townies might get a bit angry if ye want it in the middle o' town, but we got plenty o' axes." You shake hands with him, find out his name is Urist Bridgeforged, and dissolve the rest of the ice armor before you get soaked. You then sheath your sword and the dwarf that led you here leads you out the front gate, which is pretty appropriately placed for dwarves, being in the back of the town's tavern.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: September 20, 2010, 10:25:45 pm »

Old dusty books, seeing as he brought it up.
Ask to have a look at them, so you can see what they're exactly for.

Also some dwarven work on the tower would be nice, as well as a restriction on all dwarven mining around your tower.
It could interfere with your workings- but more likely that people undermining your tower makes you slightly nervous.

Edit: TOO LATE

Well, I guess it's time to make some more adamantine.
Also, throw on a few blankets and go see the psyonicist.

Show the books to him (if you can't decipher them yourself).
And ask him how much a decent hypnosis would cost.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 10:27:53 pm by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: September 20, 2010, 10:34:28 pm »

You can tell that one is called "Ye Olde AntePhysicse Book", and one is called "Ye Mind, And What Ye Can Do To Yonder People With It." (Metamancy Tome and a Psionics Tome) You can't really understand much of the insides, though. The shopkeeper refuses to see you in his store until tomorrow, then bats you away from his store with an opening door.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: September 20, 2010, 10:54:06 pm »

Awesome story so far,

Make more Adamantium! The dwarves had a point, we need armor.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 285