Poll

Blah.

blah?
- 0 (0%)
blah!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 285

Author Topic: YOU ARE WIZARD! - The Original!  (Read 212399 times)

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: YOU ARE WIZARD! - Duality
« Reply #1020 on: September 26, 2010, 06:34:02 pm »

We made the toe-squirrel earlier, I just replaced the toe with that kobold arm.
we still have 9 or so squirrels left.

We did? Time to go back and look.
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: September 26, 2010, 06:34:33 pm »

No. We make our own security, or we have no security. Normal humans can be bribe, corrupted, or tricked.

The point is that we can read their minds and kill them if we have to. You are really paranoid. Wait... did you make that Cryswarm we were playing as earlier...?
We can shut down robots, and the fix the programming, and reuse them. Humans are a one time deal, dooabuddy. If our cryswarm ends up that big, yes.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: September 26, 2010, 06:39:53 pm »

Hmm... I think I know how to better control the cryswarm. Our mind can't handle it well because humans don't multi-task hundreds of thoughts well. A hundred-core computer does it perfectly. Build a computer that works through a huge number of smaller ones, that can each send orders to one swarm unit. A simple AI linked to that could give orders to the cryswarm, using the hundreds of smaller processors to relay all the commands simultaneously.

In short: deal with the hive-mind by creating a master AI that interprets commands and relays the information along all the pathways required at once.

We can only send commands to unit 1, which then sends that to the others. Memory limits mean it can only use one word commands. The AI could send messages to all the units instead of just one command to the one in charge.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: September 26, 2010, 06:40:39 pm »

We never made toe-arm-squirrel. I went back and we didn't get to it because I wanted to combine the arm with a stable magic orb that you didn't want to remove from Steve.

Hmm... I think I know how to better control the cryswarm. Our mind can't handle it well because humans don't multi-task hundreds of thoughts well. A hundred-core computer does it perfectly. Build a computer that works through a huge number of smaller ones, that can each send orders to one swarm unit. A simple AI linked to that could give orders to the cryswarm, using the hundreds of smaller processors to relay all the commands simultaneously.

In short: deal with the hive-mind by creating a master AI that interprets commands and relays the information along all the pathways required at once.

We can only send commands to unit 1, which then sends that to the others. Memory limits mean it can only use one word commands. The AI could send messages to all the units instead of just one command to the one in charge.

We aren't that good at mecha/techno yet.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: September 26, 2010, 06:45:05 pm »

You sure? It's pretty simple really, just lots of little computers. And we have rank 10, so AI is possible.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: September 26, 2010, 06:47:13 pm »

You sure? It's pretty simple really, just lots of little computers. And we have rank 10, so AI is possible.

I'd assume it would be something we can do at level 15 tech. If not, go for it.

Also I have a question. In the post where you explained skills you put: Technologic, The Way of the Lightning Harnesser.
Does this mean that with technologic we can produce lightning with mana?
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 06:50:27 pm by Lillipad »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: September 26, 2010, 06:49:07 pm »

We have, Lillipad.
ah. I see your toe and raise you an arm.

You grab the arm, after some people rip the ballista bolt out of the wall just because its in the way. No ones asks why you want it, and the dwarves have already cleaned up any evidence they have a fortress hidden under here and vanished from sight of the townies again.

You go back home, and graft the arm onto a squirrel.It seems to have no idea how to move with blood drenching it, odd.

We'd need to figure out multi-core first, dragnar. Right now we have a simple computer with a basic single-core CPU. We really just need a bunch of lucky rolls, and someone to suggest comp upgrading.
After that, it'll be simple.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: September 26, 2010, 06:50:55 pm »

Upgrade the computer.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: September 26, 2010, 06:52:55 pm »

(0, 10, 7, 3)
Crap.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: September 26, 2010, 06:55:20 pm »

Use psionics to boost concentration while upgrading computer.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: September 26, 2010, 06:57:09 pm »

TRY AGAIN!

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: September 26, 2010, 06:58:00 pm »

Invent multi-core processing. Also, to make things even smaller, forgo any cooling system. We can use magic to keep the parts cold! In fact, an absolute zero inside a computer would make it run insanely well...

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: September 26, 2010, 06:59:33 pm »

Invent multi-core processing. Also, to make things even smaller, forgo any cooling system. We can use magic to keep the parts cold! In fact, an absolute zero inside a computer would make it run insanely well...

We haven't upgraded the computer. Our tech is too low. An absolute zero would blow the computer up if we aren't careful.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: September 26, 2010, 07:00:36 pm »

We can make another. Do it.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: September 26, 2010, 07:01:06 pm »

(8,1,4,14)
Random.org is not liking you guys for some reason. We need 4 numbers above 10 to do this. (4 above 5 at Rank 15, but that would be quite a while)

An absolute zero would freeze the computer. if it was suspended, it would indeed be awesome.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 285