Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What kind of apocalypse should we use?

Zombies
- 3 (13%)
Nukes
- 6 (26.1%)
Natural Disaster (Volcanoes, meteors, hurricanes, earthquakes... I could go on!)
- 0 (0%)
Aliens
- 1 (4.3%)
Giant Monster(s)
- 0 (0%)
Lovecraft (If you thought the HFS was scary...)
- 4 (17.4%)
Magic Discovered (and the war following it)
- 9 (39.1%)
Other (post)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Would YOU survive the apocalypse? Turn 6, 9/4 10:15 AM  (Read 6091 times)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
Would YOU survive the apocalypse? Turn 6, 9/4 10:15 AM
« on: September 03, 2010, 12:02:26 am »

Well, I think I'm strapping in for another forum role playing game. This time, it's an apocalypse! But not, just any apocalypse- it's about YOU!

The core element of the game is to see if (read: how long) you, real-life you, would survive. To the extent that you feel comfortable with in regards to privacy, your character is going to be you. The next post will cover the math side, possibly doing that tomorrow. Just roleplay yourself- 'what would you do if?' is the core theme here.

You might be able to persuade me to change your origin, but assume you've awakened in your place of residence, with the disaster underway, and everyone else having fled or been killed- for now. Anyway, I'll need:

REQUIRED:
Appearance: Description good, picture better. That goes for everything you see on this list, by the way.
Skills: Be honest! I'm going to say that a lot. How athletic are you? If you have a gun, are you handy with it? What about knots? Driving? Computers? Lockpicking? Include whatever you think is relevant, I'll convert it into numbers later.
Inventory: Look around your house! You only get to use items you actually have in real life! Include car if you have one, for sure. You can add to this later. Be honest!
Location: Where do you live? In a city? Suburbs? Apartment? House? Gutter? How many floors does your domicile have? Do you have a basement? panic room? What important buildings are nearby? We can cheat on our geographic location if we want, so that players will be near eachother.

OPTIONAL:
Disorders: Do you have asthma? I do. I really hope I don't have to breathe volcanic ash. Allergies? Do you need medicine regularly? Be as honest as you're comfortable with.
Knowledge: Do you have relevant knowledge not to do with your local area? How much do you actually know about survival WITHOUT looking on the internet? Potential overlap with skill here.
Tolerances: What hardships do you cope well or poorly with? Just how many shits can you take in the woods before you snap? Could you stare down a zombie without feeling sick?

Remember, be yourself- what would you really do? I'll get to the math system in the next post.

Spoiler: Players (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Waiting (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dead (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 01:07:28 am by Sensei »
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Would YOU survive the apocalypse? Starting this weekend, probably.
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2010, 12:03:37 am »

Maths!

I want to keep it simple, since I've got a lot to sort through already. Rolls will be against a difficulty number- low skills get a D8 (eight sided dice), minor skills get a D10, and good skills get a D12. Second-nature actions (skills like not falling off your bike when you hit a rock, or remembering to turn off the stove) get a D20. I'll keep it freeform where I can, but rolls will be shown like this: (d10:6). Any circumstantial bonuses will affect the difficulty number.

In stressful/time-sensitive situations, natural 1's are an auto-fail. In a situations where you have theoretically unlimited time/attempts, you will either not be able to do the action or just a take a longer time than normal on a low roll- you might find yourself getting hungry, for example (unless there's safe food nearby).
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 07:00:43 pm by Sensei »
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2010, 12:04:41 am »

Appearance: I'm about 5'6, Brown hair blue eyes, not too thin or hefty at 140, and not too muscled, though not weak.

Skills: I'm okay with a gun, Very charismatic, I can shoot though I'm not too skilled, I can run decently, short or long, Adequate in martial arts, I am good at fishing, and

Inventory: I have a car, tennis rackets, Gun cabinet full of rifles/ammo, Fishing rod and tackle, Kitchen knives, lighters, outdoor grill, tents, laptop, cell phone, lots of tools, power or not.

Location: I live in a small rural town, in a house. Its pretty small, 15,000 people, and the neighborhood it quiet.

OPTIONAL:

Disorders: ADHD, though mild.

Knowledge: I know basic survival, but nothing extreme. I could survive out in the woods however. I know quite a lot about random stuff, and am smart enough to catch on to most anything quickly.

Tolerances: I can  rough it fine, thats no problem to me. I cannot tolerate others blood, though my own tends to be fine. I do well in extreme tempatures, once I go numb. I also can stand up to people who irk me well, and speak publicly.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 01:18:02 am by tehstefan »
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2010, 12:43:21 am »

Appearance: I look anywhere from 16 to 21, apparently.  Caucasian, tall, thin, messy and long brown hair, black goatee, thick black eyebrows, black mustache, and thin-framed glasses.

Skills:
*Brown Belt in Hapkido (4 belts lower than black)
*Basic training (few months worth of it) in Italian renaissance-style sword-based combat (rapiers, longswords...)(there's this place in Vancouver...)
*a bit of survival training
*Bronze Medallion (midway through lifeguard training)
*a bit of cooking experience
*physically, I'm somewhat fit
*slightly experienced at archery
*A few months of horseback riding training
*a bit of fishing experience (minimal)
*I'm a very fast walker.  Very, very fast.
*I can stay wide awake with very little sleep
*I recently passed Bronze Sail 4 in the Canadian Yachting Association sailing courses.
*...I can sew.  Hand and machine.  Only thing that fit in my high school schedule.
*A few months of metalworking training
*A few months of woodworking training
*Experienced at using computers
*Great jumper

Inventory: Longsword (dull, though even somewhat dull swords can still cut well), large, round wooden shield, a few kitchen knives, grey fedora, black trenchcoat, short bow and about 5 arrows, dice (hey, d4s are freaking caltrops), a full bottle of melatonin (that is to say, not enough to cover the bottom of the bottle), a light sleeping bag, cheap binoculars, and some non-perishable food.

Location: 2 floor house in the middle of a temperate rainforest in a semi-rural town on the Sunshine Coast (BC).  House is slightly elevated, and touches the ground at very few points.  If stairs are knocked out, there is no easy way into the house.  Top floor contains three bedrooms, a study, and two bathrooms.  Bottom floor contains a bedroom/storage room, two bathrooms, a balcony (wood's rotting, we don't step on that thing), the giant living room, a kitchen, a mud room (only entrance to the building), and a small living room/bedroom for my grandmother.  There is a driveway with two working cars (which I cannot drive) and a non-working car (which I also cannot drive).  The town's on an utterly fucked up highway (traffic jams are constant).
Highway allows access to a few more small towns and one larger town.  Most access to my town is through a ferry.  Important buildings nearby: two grocery stores, the local mall (containing little of worth other than a grocery store), the local high school (where you can find a musket and bayonet in a socials classroom), the ferry terminal, one hunting store (sells guns, fishing tools), and the house of a friend of my family's (said friend makes crossbows).

Disorders: Intolerance to oysters.  I vomit if I eat them.  Also, I'm currently using melatonin to allow me to actually sleep.  Normally, I'm barely awake during the day and wide awake during the night.  With the melatonin, I'm barely awake at all.  Also, slight caffeine addiction.  My eyes are a bit of a mess.  I can see without my glasses, but everything past about half a meter away is pretty blurry.  Finally, my right arm fatigues extremely quickly.  I'm right handed.  It's a problem.  To make up for that, pretty much all of my training in the use of swords has focused on my left arm.  I wield rapiers in my left arm and use it as the primary arm for longswords.

Knowledge: I can build a makeshift shelter in the forest, use camp stoves without destroying everything (which, as I saw at my summer camp, is a very rare skill), and identify the occasional edible plant.   Best.  Summer.  Camp.  Ever.  On a slightly less survival-focused end, I'm ahead of my grade in almost all academics, and ahead of my age in my grade.

Tolerances: I can stand blood and gore quite well.  I can stand seeing rotting things.  I can go without sleep for quite a long time.  However, I have problems getting rid of stress.  To be exact, I find myself almost unable to get rid of stress.  Also, I'm a teen, I have problems going without much food.  My tolerance to heat is odd.  I can tolerate heat quite well, until I suddenly find myself freezing in the heat.  I can't tolerate cold well.  At all.

NOTE: May edit this before game starts, if I think of anything else.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 12:30:42 pm by Jack A T »
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2010, 01:35:41 am »

Hmm.. I'm interested in this but it would take a while to remember exactly what I have and such.

Appearance: Shotly buildt at about 5,5ft or something (Was AGES ago since last I checked my height.) Not exactly fat but all those soda cans have started to show some signs.. Nearly-fullbearded caucasian nerdy-looking guy with a pair of semi-squared glassesat about 25ish-looks. Brown messy but short hair, used to be more red when I was a kid tough.
Skills:
-Number 1 most important skill is a creative mind, maybe too creative, I cannot finish whatever project I get to before new ideas emerge.
-Stamina, I can walk for miles if I really have to, in hot but dry climate too, but don't expect it to be very fast. (The summers  here in Greenland are quite warm indeed, but winters are cold as can be.)
-Below avarage skill in handling small guns. (Memories of theme-parks shooting ranges occurs to me.)
-Avarage use of hunting rifles. (I live in Greenland, every kid growing up here will learn to handle one in his/hers life-time.) Altough fast-moving targets will be a problem.
-I once WAS quite good at sneaking and hiding..
-Experienced in using tools for repairing stuff, but it's limited.
-Avarage use of snowmobiles.
-A good but very selective memory, I tend to soak up alot of needless information from varius media, but forget stuff like what day/time it is and uh.. I forgot.. (If that is a skill ofcourse).

Inventory:
-A pair of glasses ofcourse!
-A swiss army-knife (the kind of knife with various miniature tools buildt in.)
-A decent calculator.
-A decent Hunting rifle with a few cartridges. (Used for hunting reindeer and other wild game, but useless against.. elephants and other large animals.)
-A pair of.. Bionoculars? (I really acn't remember how this is spellt. But it's something you can see stuff from a distance with.)
-A backpack of fair size.
-A warm sleeping-bag.
-Atleast 6 sets of dice speciffically for D&D. (Might come in handy.. maybe as a sort of currency? :P )
-A notice-block and a few pens and an eraser.
-Enough food and drink to last atleast 2 days. (If I just eat twice a day.)
-A Towel, I really shouldn't go anywhere without my towel.
-A roll of toilet-paper.
Hmm.. there might be more but I don't see use for anything else really, so let's end it with this.

Location: I live in greenland, and I relly don't want to mention everything about this building so..
can we change the location to a hunting-camp located near everyone else?

OPTIONAL:
Age: 27, but people might think I look younger or older.

Knowledge:
-I know how to hunt, atleast the basic stuff.
-I know how to use tools, and knows how to repair stuff.. to a certain extent.
-I know bits of ancient history.
-I am quite genre-savvy.
-I know of many Tropes. (if that ever will come in handy)
-I have bits of abit of alot of topics, but never any actually useful information. (altough celebrities and politics never interested me)

Disorders: Oh this is where things gets more difficult..
-Nearsighted, without my glasses everything from half-and arm's reach gets blurry. While I can see people across a street, I will not be able to see the faces with out my glasses.
-I simply cannot eat Bananas, they always come up same way they went down.
-I disslike vegetables, and some fruits.. Especially pineapple.. And altough I like apples  they should be the green kind.
-I am kinda addicted to a certain soda-brand called FAXE KONDI, which is exclusively sold in Denmark and Greenland.
-I don't thing being Right-handed as a disorder, buit I'll still post it since someone else did. :)
-Being mildly.. obese, I tend to tire quickly when running.
-I absolutely hate math.
-I tend to get tired quickly when excersizing.
-I can be extremely stubborn, so when my mind is set to something, I rarely change my mind.
-I can be quite blunt at times, subtlety isn't my thing.

Phobias: This could be disorders, but I don't feel it fits in there.
-I fear heights, and will stay away form anything above 3 meters and is steep enough.
-I have developed an unrational fear of being in deep water, if it's dark and/or murky I'll stay away from it.
Anything that can sting you, I simply panic at the sight of a wasp.
-I may fear poisninous/toxic creatures, so don't epect me to willingly hold a snake or a spider which has this quality.
-I may not be afraid of the dark, only when my vivid imagination runs wild.
-I'll never let myself get stabbed with a syringe, or watch anyone get stabbed one, I HATE NEEDLES!
-An irrational fear of anyone carelessly swinging around sharp and/or pointy things, do you know how close to the surface of the skin blood-vessels are? BECAUSE I SURE DO!

Tolerances: There is alot of things which I get annoyed by, and angered by quite quickly.
Negative:
-Mosquitoes are the worst.. DEATH TO THEM ALL!
-Flies.. especially if they keep buzzing around my head.
-I disslike pain, and if it gets over a certain threshold.. beware..
-If I go hungry for too long, I will get in a bad mood.
-I can't stand children, teens and/or young people.
-Old people can be fairly annoying too, but can tolerate them much more than.. *sigh* Teenagers..
-Loud noises annoy me if they are persistent.
-People who interrupt me in conversation.. *sigh*
-I don't cope well with corpses, unless it's from an animal.
-While I can tolerate seeing blood, I dont like too much of it.
Possitive:
-I can walk for a long while if I have to, but you might hear complaints if it's too hot or cold, especially if annoying insects are buzzing around.

So that's it, I hope it's all that you need to know.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 05:39:45 am by Ultimuh »

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2010, 01:56:31 am »

Reserved in case I get the time to actually do this whole signup
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2010, 02:21:12 am »

Meh I don't see why not, sounds interesting Idea...

Appearance// Approx 6' 2" in height, heavy weight - considered obese though quite fit considering, normally have a full beard if I can't be bothered to shave and even if I do (beard started growing since I was 11...), it takes less then a week to return to where it was before. Medium muscles though it is hidden under the fat. Short to long (when ever was last haircut) dark brown hair and green/blue eyes, family has be mussing over if one is becoming more blue then the other...

Skills// Mostly a Jack of Trades so...
Computers / Great.
Driving / Adept.
Boxing / Adept - Un-Experienced in true combat though.
Gunnery / Dabbling
Swordsmanship / Competent - Self trained so technically Novice.
"Kung Fu" / Competent.
Charisma (The true kind, not Good Looks kind) / High Master - Got me a Sliver Tongue I do.
Car Mechanics / Competent.
Mechanics (All Round) / Skilled.
Woodworking / (No Label).
Athletics (Short) / Proficient.
Athletics (Long) / Dabbling.
Booksmarts / High Master.
Streetsmarts / Accomplished.
Survival / Proficient.
Animal Handling / Grand Master.
Liar / Accomplished
Counselor / Grand Master

Location// Single Level House in the Suburbs/Rural. No Special buildings around it though there is a Showgrounds (um, Ranch/Small Horse Race track/Festival Grounds) across the road. (Not in a city, small town in Australia)

OPTIONAL//

Age// 23

Disorders// No Disorders but I have been nicknamed Wolverine by some of my Friends and my Girlfriend, considering how quickly I can heal, shrug off a cold and the ability to ignore the symptoms and keep going.

Knowledge// Well depending on the situation my knowledge levels could go from Smart as Smart to Dumb as Dumb. Possessing a memory skill I call RFI - Random Facts of Information, meaning that I could know whats what sometimes or could be talking through my teeth the others...

Tolerances// Able to ignore any temperature except the EXTREMES. Can be spooked if not prepared for it, able to turn off the emotional when it needs to be. Able to ignore most levels of pain except the Extremes or the Minuets

Able to stay awake long periods of time and only require 5hrs of sleep to be in working condition, though require a good 'Wake me up'.
Not much of a Booze Drinker but can down it and stay good when I do.
Non Smoker.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 02:29:41 am by Neyvn »
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2010, 03:01:05 am »

I edited my previous post to write my info.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2010, 03:09:22 am »

Appearance: (sorry no recent piccies); about 20 years of age, slightly chubby, skin = medium-fair, dark brown hair, that if unbound reaches most of the way down my back, dark brown eyes; small, brown, oval shaped birthmark under left knee

Skills:
7th Kyu in aikido (been through 1st grading)
Decent with computors
basic ability to sew(fix not make) with needle and thread
good statistics
decent environmental chemistry
Woodworking; can't do anything fancy, but given the materials i can make functional things
Talking; not great
map reading: decent
learning by watching/listning; quite good(provided i am interested)=
good cook (can use recepies, and can make the occasional good from scratch)

probly some stuff i have not thought of (but im probly nott fit for surviving an appocalypse)

Location: House on an approx 30 degree slope in brisbane, 1 floor, with a basement type thing (underneath, but only accesable from outside), forrest out the back yard (toohee forest, its surrounded by the city BTW)

OPTIONAL:
Disorders: Mild asthma, heyfeaver(unsufe what sets it off), specifically alergic to sulphur (can't even have medicine based off it)

Knowledge: Probably could not survive with making everything from scratch, fire would be a problem, but do know a few techniques to collect water

Tolerances: Can keep walking for a fair distance but can not keep a fast pace up, can survive off a low ammouint of sleep, but do like having more, have experience in forcing myself to ignore pain (neccisary as i accidentaly inflictt pain on myself relativley frequently) , pretty good at lasting low temperatures(not sub 0, but still more comfortable in low temps than most i know, not quite as good at high temps but not worse than the average)

edit: forgot items

Asthma inhailor, transition lense glasses, several kithcen knives, cricket bat, low temperature (for sub tripics) clothing, camping stove with 2 4litre cyindres of gass, 4 man dome tent, thin matress, 90% down dooner, too many dice to count (including d4s), (toteled up, about 10 litres of water bottles, pantry of non perishable foods (including a few kilograms of musly bars), another half pantry of tinned goods, kitchen blowtorch, Sturdy Broom, many sturdy walking sticks, sling shot. maby moire that i cant think of, also will be getting a jo staff and boken (hardwood wooden katana, used to practice holding the weight and using correct form, not spaaing) soon
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 03:18:21 am by wolfchild »
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

techno65535

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2010, 03:10:48 am »

Okay, I may just end up breaking this game with my house but here goes.

REQUIRED:

Appearance: 195 cm (6'3”) shy of 200 pounds (dunno kilograms) basically a beanpole. Long dark brown/black hair, reaches to between my shoulder blades. Rectangular glasses, don't have to have them but definitely much easier to read with them.

Skills:
Very good with computers
Rather good driving and, this is important, I can drive a standard
Can also drive motorcycles
What the guy said up there with the selective memory, remember a lot of stuff.
I live in the country/boonies in a log cabin and watch too much discovery/history channel so a smattering of a number of different skills.
I have a degree in Afro-Engineering
Competent with firearms (pistols and rifles)
Can read a map and compass
Can fish, don't really have the patience for it

Inventory: (This is the breaking part :P)
Own well, just need electricty to get water.
Gas water heater and a 250 (or is it 350?) gallon gas tank (the heater and a small 'chill chaser' in the bathroom are all it fuels)
Electric generator that can run the entire house
Wood stove for heat in winter (Yes, you can cook on it)
Coleman camp stove
Numerous coolers, at least 2 big ones
Pistol crossbow somewhere with like 3 bolts for it
Long sword whose handle will break on second hard hit for sure, if not first (not full tang)
Recurve bow, and half dozen 'training' arrows
Pocket knife
Lighter
2 double sided axes
1 12 pound sledgehammer
at least 3 iron wedges
2 4 pound mauls (half ax half sledgehammer, one is made to make splitting wood easier)
Hydrolic wood splitter (5hp motor driving the pump)
Hatchet
Chainsaw with 18 inch bar
Medium-large air compressor (big enough to drive air tools)
In-numerable hand tools
Several power tools (corded, cordless, air)
Arc welder
Acetylene torch
2 propane torches
No clue what we have in the barn to be specific but could find damn near anything in it
5 working vehicles (yes, 5 vehicles)
'99 Jeep Wrangler, 4wd, Standard
'96 GMC Sierra, 4wd, extended cab, LWB
'01 Mustang, V8
'06 Explorer, 2wd, V6
'?? Corsica, V6, FWD
Another truck in the front yard that likely just needs a distributer cap and spark plugs to be running again
A MONSTER of a trailer (thing is a fucking tank, sadly has 4 flat tires, Bulldog style hitch, important because it will-not let go of the ball)
Box blade, straight blade, and bushhog, all attach to a 3-point hitch on a tractor (don't have said tractor atm)
Maybe a week or so of spoilable food, another week's worth canned
Some fishing gear

Location: Log cabin sitting on 20 acres of land in the middle of the woods 5 miles from town. One bedroom originally, second added in the main room (main room takes up just over half the entire building) 1.5 bath. Have a small red shed. What we call the barn, kinda looks like a 2-car garage with separate doors. Trailer home past that. (noone lives in it, wouldn't wish it on anyone, mostly just used for storage now) Have a pond, no fish, lots of snakes. (including poisonous ones) Gravel pit behind the house with lots of heavy equipment.

OPTIONAL:

Disorders:
ADHD
Allergies in spring
Astigmatism

Knowledge:
Again, watch way too much discovery and history channel
Kind of a dabbler in everything, master of nothing
Can use every tool at my house to some degree, even if it's just knowing what not to do with it

Tolerances:  Not all that strong but not weak either. Not got great endurance for anything long-distance. (Though something trying to eat you is a great motivator) Pain...middle? Can handle the cold much better than the heat.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 05:18:02 pm by techno65535 »
... while being chased by axe-welding cats in the dark.
Scratch that, throwing-axe-wielding cats in the dark.
They're cute but my god that's terrifying.
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2010, 03:54:34 am »

Appearance:
Spoiler: Me (click to show/hide)
Skills: Athletic, I can (and do) running for 30 minutes at a steady pace. I'm pretty good at swords although I prefer rapiers and other light swords. I can weld and I have been trained in use of machines. However I am still new to it so give it a low-medium score- I can set it up. But I will need plans and some instuctions.
Inventory: Van, axe, bricks, tent, mig welder. This computer, trees that bear fruit.
Location: In a Suburbs, House has basement, cellar, 2 floors, 2 bathrooms, 4 bedrooms, looooong garden. There is a outdoor store 5 minutes away and acorner shop just down the road.

OPTIONAL:
Disorders: N/A
Knowledge: I know the streets well around my area. I know how to get a fire started and how to relight an almost dieing fire. I know that you shouldn't drink still water.
Tolerances: I will be fine 'Roughing it' because I have done it before. Horror, not so much. I will be intimidated by large amounts of power.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2010, 03:58:42 am »

Appearance: Tall, I look roughly 16 to 18, so people say. Tall, medium build, curly, brown hair, patchy, black eyebrows and grey/blue eyes.
Skills:
*I come from a background of sport and being athletic, so thats going to help a bit.
*Few months worth of Judo.
*Basic survival training.
*Average knowledge of how to cook.
*Medium pace runner.
*3 years worth of surf fishing
*6 years of field hockey, field playing and goal keeping. (How that will help... Erm.... I can swing a hockey stick?)
*3 years of swimming training, nothing major like races etc.
*Black diamond Skier.
*2 months worth in metal and wood work and one month in machine sowing.
*Hold one of the highest agility scores for my year.
*(Keep this one under the rug) A tiny amount of explosive, chemical and other making.
*Average experience in C++ and small amount in Java

Inventory: Baseball bat (I keep one under the bed, had a few robbers in when no one was around.), electrical cord, hockey stick and 3 balls, small collection of kitchen knifes, large range of "vanilla" household and canned food, small (and well hidden) book containing the basic ways to construct some chemicals, a Jack Russel dog, a thick and heavy ski jacket and a cellphone.
Location: One story house, a small attic, mainly containing insulation, no basement and is in the "city" of what would be called a tiny town in america (and would be called a normal sized town in NZ). No basement. Very close to a supermarket, the post office, the commercial district. About two blocks away from the police station and fire station. Just in walking distance of the major highway of NZ and the railway station (the highway heads to a ferry).

Disorders: Slight case of dyslexia, hate of tomatoes, soft drink addiction, find it very hard to get through the day with no social interaction and hate gore.

Knowledge: Able to make a camp fire, carve a rough knife and a bunch of other rarely used skills.
he
Tolerances: Great tolerance of fear, able to withstand the extreme cold and don't mind freezing water when swimming. However, I have a very low tolerance for heat

Might change this if anything new pops up.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2010, 07:07:04 am »

This looks interesting, and I sort of want to play, but I have trouble listing the skills I've got (not because of how many I have, but because I don't think about them much), so I'll just watch for now.
7th Kyu in aikido (been through 1st grading)
Hey, I'm a yellow belt too. It's been at least a year since I stopped doing Aikido, though, so I've probably forgotten most of it.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2010, 08:01:05 am »

Appearance:I'm slightly overwieght, average height, black hair(with more grey hairs than my age would indicate), more facial hair than looks good but not enough to be called a beard, slightly crocked nose and green eyes.

Skills:
I'm good with computers
I have a good understanding of science and constently wish to understand things.
I'm farily good at moving silently
I'm a good cook.
I posses some fairly general knowledge on woodsmanship
I have an impressive memory.
I'm moderatly strong
I'm an excellent swimmer
I'm very good with dogs and most other animals and have a better understanding of them than most people seem to

I'm pretty unfit and can't run for too long
I'm hopeless in an unarmed fight.
I'm not great in an armed fight either
I'm not used to outdoorliving
I can't drive

Inventory:
-Tools, tools and more tools(I live with an obsessive complusive and now have muitiple tool boxes full of the usual stuff, there is about 5 hammers around here someplace)
-Kitchen knives, lots of Kitchen knives(Same reason as above we have several knife blocks with more bread knives than we could ever need)
-Camping supplies(2 old tents which haven't been used in years, camping stove which is used when ever our power goes out, lots and lots of rope, about six sleeping bags again and haven't been used in years)
-Power tools( the usual set including a table saw, an angle grinder, a handheld electric drill and an electric chainsaw which I have yet to use)
-Older brother's old army gear (most of the utilitys, unfortunaly they don't let him take back any weapons, but he has the helmet, the webbing and other stuff)
-Low spec Laptop plus water proof black leather case
-candles, lots of candles(I think you can guess
-The usual stuff(paper, lighters, matches, some canned food-the kind of stuff every home likely has)

Location: I live in a two story semi detached house in a housing estate about ten miles from the nearest town.
I live near the east coast of the Republic of Ireland

OPTIONAL:

Knowledge:
-I know a bit about camping but have never put it into practise (both parents were scout masters hence the camping supplies).
-I know a lot about science
-I tend to soak up genral knowledge like a spunge

Disorders:
-As mentioned I'm overweight and tire quickly
-I'm a little dyslexic
-I get discouraged easily

Tolerances:
-I find I don't fear anything but the disappointement of others in me (even strangers, I'm not sure why)
-I have an iron stomach and think little of eating or drinking anything that even seems edible
-Hot or cold tempratures don't seem to effect me very much

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2010, 07:43:05 pm »

Yikes! Quite a lot of applications. I'll update the first post with who go in, and the waiting list. Naturally, you guys picked (overwhelmingly!) the second hardest scenario for me to write on. But whatevs, I'll have a post by tonight most likely.

Last thing, I'm going to try to kill players. In the last RTD I did, some of the starting players lasted for eons. This time I want to move through the waiting list. Anyway, if I seem a little capricious, it's because I'm still working out how to balance it well. And hey, dice are assholes sometimes.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6