Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What kind of apocalypse should we use?

Zombies
- 3 (13%)
Nukes
- 6 (26.1%)
Natural Disaster (Volcanoes, meteors, hurricanes, earthquakes... I could go on!)
- 0 (0%)
Aliens
- 1 (4.3%)
Giant Monster(s)
- 0 (0%)
Lovecraft (If you thought the HFS was scary...)
- 4 (17.4%)
Magic Discovered (and the war following it)
- 9 (39.1%)
Other (post)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Would YOU survive the apocalypse? Turn 6, 9/4 10:15 AM  (Read 6089 times)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
Re: Would YOU survive the apocalypse? Turn 5, 9/4 10:00 AM
« Reply #60 on: September 15, 2010, 07:41:35 pm »

Bump, since some players might not notice the update with this on the second page.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 15, 2010, 07:54:05 pm »

Well, I go knock on my neighbors doors. This quiet is freaky, and if I'm really alone, I'm going to start getting a bit paranoid. Keep my eye on the fissure too, just in case something might come out of it, or something.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 15, 2010, 07:58:39 pm »

Safe to assume that in "searching around" you already knocked on a few doors.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 17, 2010, 03:00:22 am »

Check the rooms for anything that shouldn't be there. Check the Bookcase and stuff like that...
Kill anything that doesn't belong...

Sorry Net was bad for a day and a half. Couldn't access the damn thing for so damn long...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 17, 2010, 11:00:53 am »

Okay, I'm going to do some tests. In my Garage, there is rope. I'm going to grab it, and a piece of wood, tie the rope around the wood tight, and then attempt to lower it into the crack, to see what its like.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 17, 2010, 12:26:58 pm »

well i might as well join the apoc bandwagon:

Appearance: 5'11" brown eyes and brown short spiky hair. incomplete full beard, Caucasian but really tanned and scarred arms. chubby but well built body. broad shoulders  and thin hands and arms.

Skills:
trained sharpshooting due to hunting. adept tracker and woodsman. adept electronics and mechanical repairs. weak first aid. Statistics level math. backyard chemist.

Inventory:(big ass list, my father thought of this before you guys :D)

AR15 - ridiculous amount of ammo and magazines, have automatic firing mechanism but removed due to occasional jamming

first aid field kit - contains equipment for extractions, heavy sedation, sealing and antibiotics

.45 pistol - FMJ and glazer rounds

9mm Makarov

.357 pistol - hunting loads

8mm Mauser - have sniper rounds

.45 Muzzleloader - sabot slugs for nailing REALLY large animals

7.62mm Mosin Nagant - retrofitted with new fiber stock and far sight scope

12 gauge security shotgun - have breach rounds

2 tactical sights for spare

2 generators - one is a 4KW unit

a Half ton truck 2010

2 20lb propane tanks

3 months worth of MRE's under house

Equipment for vehicle repairs

Location: Boulder, Colorado 10 mins to the foothills, house is in suburbs with 3 nearby schools. its 2 story with crawl space underneath, fenced in.

Disorders:
mild ADD
can't run over .5 mile
extreme nearsight have 2 pair of eyeglasses

Knowledge:
i know the area's wildlife and certain plants for eating. i know how to gut and use all of a animal's body parts. i have used and have access for a country range shortwave radio. i have hunted for 4 years and know the best spots. i can repair engine parts and refrigeration systems. i HAVE practice field first aid.
excellent cook and know how to preserve food.

Tolerances:
i can operate with 5 people at a time
i hate evil people and have no problem with executions
i used to blood
i HATE needles
pain is somewhere.....
hate rocky mountain oysters
Im leader or lone ranger

big ass list but thats what happens when your father is paranoid.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 19, 2010, 01:06:19 am »

I apologize if anything just seems weird. Trying to write a descent from civilization into pandimensional magical chaos without an exposition character jumping in (I may resort to that soon) is real hard and it might look like I'm making more ass-pulls than I actually am. Also it's late at night.
Turn 6
September 4th, 10:15AM

Jack A T:
Gather all of my basic equipment (add cell phone, one full small matchbook, a full water bottle, a few sharpened pencils, a backpack, a pencil sharpener, and a binder with some lined paper to my list, as well).  Store most items in backpack, which I put on.  Adjust hat.  Adjust awesome trenchcoat.  Turn on my computer, and check news sites for any information on this invasion.  Check the Bay12 forums as well.  Also, check Facebook, to see if anyone's posted anything about the local situation.  Finally, call a few friends with my cell phone.
You gather all your things without incident, and dress like a shady hobo. You boot up your computer... It appears to work, but for a split second the screen shows an image of some terrible eldritch monster from another plane. Then another one. Then a lot. (D20:1) You flip the fuck out. In fact, you're pretty scarred. Visages of monstrous beings from other planes haunt your mind. You hardly remember running away, but you did. Now you're NOT touching the computer- you're not even going back in that room. (D2:1) Oh shit- when you ran, you dropped your pack. That's a bit of a dilemma there.

techno65535:
Well, that's a problem. The woods around here are rather thick. Though we do have a path on the east side of the property that's just wide enough for the truck to go down. (house faces south) So now to put the truck in 4WD and head north into the gravel pit behind us. Then through it and out onto the highway and IN TO TOWN! I turn on the radio while doing this and see what it's got to say.
Yeehaw! You drive about the gravel pit and onto the road. (D?:?) That is, if by "road" you mean, "crater-pocked face of stone stretching as far as the eye can see". You stop your car momentarily, trying to figure out what to do. (D20:18) In this time, you notice two very important things: Firstly, the moon can be seen in the sky above you. It is not the moon you remember though; its form is cracked into large chunks and trails of debris. It looks like quite a bit is missing. Despite what science has to say against it, you can't help but suspect that that is the origin of the mass of stone stretching miles wide and high before you. Assuming there's still a town, you'll have to get around, over, under or through your obstacle to see it. Secondly, on the matter of going through it, your hear a regular tap from part of the wall. A bit of dust falls down with each disturbance.

Ultimuh:
While a unicorn would be a nice trophy, and I also wonder what unicorn meat would taste like..
Mmm.. Unicorn meat.. wait.. no!
I know that according to some myths, by killing one I would get a curse on myself or something.
So i wont do that, instead I follow it, to see where it goes.
(D20:19) The creature follows a long, winding trail. Eventually you come past what looks like a hot spring, which is odd since you don't know any in the area. At a glance back, you notice a sign posted there- but if you go to read it, you're pretty sure you'll lose track of the unicorn. Oh... what to do?

Neyvn:
Check the rooms for anything that shouldn't be there. Check the Bookcase and stuff like that...
Kill anything that doesn't belong...
That rabbit-thing? Sure doesn't belong. (D12:4) You try to stab the little bastard, but he's too fast. Maybe you'll have to go on a rabbit hunt later. The bookcase has, best you can tell, fallen over because... well you're really not sure why it fell over. All of your books are lying in a heap. (D20:7) It's sure a good thing that other bookcase didn't get knocked over whoa. Whoa there. Wait. Why is there another bookcase? On a fine, polished red wood frame, sit large tomes that look more expensive than yours. Their spines bear titles mostly in a strange, flowing alphabet that is completely alien to you. You consider that as inanimate objects they may be spared the terrifying wrath of your cheese knife.

tehstefan:
Okay, I'm going to do some tests. In my Garage, there is rope. I'm going to grab it, and a piece of wood, tie the rope around the wood tight, and then attempt to lower it into the crack, to see what its like.
You tie a rope to the piece of wood, FOR SCIENCE! You lower it in the fissure as far as you can. After only a few feet the plank and rope fades out of sight, where one would expect to still see it quite easily. After putting it down to the extent of the rope and pulling it back up (the wooden weight reappears in just as strange a fashion as it disappeared) you find that it is quite warm compared to your surroundings, but otherwise quite wooden and plank-shaped on the whole.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
Re: Would YOU survive the apocalypse? Turn 6, 9/4 10:15 AM
« Reply #67 on: September 19, 2010, 01:16:53 am »

"HASTUR HASTUR HASTUR HASTUR HASTUR HASTUR!"

Yell out a calming repeated word while using the flat of my longsword to get the pack out of my bedroom (computer is right by door, longsword is definitely long enough for anything I dropped while running from it).  Call a few friends with my cell phone.  Ask about mages, invaders, eldritch abominations, and other things we only occasionally talk about.  Finally, grab a copy of The Shadow Out of Time.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 01:19:04 am by Jack A T »
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 19, 2010, 03:07:53 am »

Pocket the Cheese knife, should have been using the Bigger knife I have... Soon Bugs, it will be Rabbit Season again...

Examine this second Bookcase, surely there is something in it... Wait.... No not yet...

I scrummage through my books that lie scattered on the ground, finding a small book called, 'The Tough Guide to FANTASYLAND, Actually very little to do with The Lord of the Rings. By Diana Wynne Jones.' (Which is a Real book by the way, love it) And look for a Section to do with books...

After flicking through to the Book and not finding anything to do with Randomly appearing Bookcases, Weird looking Tomes or Crazy Alphabets. I shrug, pocket this small little Guide book (about the size of my hand, fits nicely into my pocket dispite being around 250pages wide and with a hard back cover) and then return to this new bookcase and its collection to examine them carefully....

Also here is a link to the Book's Wiki for better understanding... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Tough_Guide_To_Fantasyland
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 03:12:13 am by Neyvn »
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 19, 2010, 11:42:01 am »

Of course you tried to use the big knife on the rabbit. You just threatened the books with the cheese knife to keep them in line.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 19, 2010, 12:59:46 pm »

Oh what to do? I tend to get stuck in dilemmas like theese.. Need to make a decision..
Alright.. go back and read the sign, then go in the direction the unicorn went.
However if the sign warns about something, I might have to stop and think for a while.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 21, 2010, 06:56:42 pm »

Still waiting for... techno and tehstefan.

techno65535

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 21, 2010, 07:16:18 pm »

I stop the truck and grab the sledgehammer from the back. I then walk up near the wall and tap back on the wall and see if there's a response. If there is I step back away from the wall and hold the hammer at the ready just in case.
... while being chased by axe-welding cats in the dark.
Scratch that, throwing-axe-wielding cats in the dark.
They're cute but my god that's terrifying.
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 24, 2010, 02:48:34 pm »

Whoops didn't realize you needed me.

Wander around neighborhood and look for anyone else.

techno65535

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 26, 2010, 12:47:38 pm »

Bump!
... while being chased by axe-welding cats in the dark.
Scratch that, throwing-axe-wielding cats in the dark.
They're cute but my god that's terrifying.
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6