Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What kind of apocalypse should we use?

Zombies
- 3 (13%)
Nukes
- 6 (26.1%)
Natural Disaster (Volcanoes, meteors, hurricanes, earthquakes... I could go on!)
- 0 (0%)
Aliens
- 1 (4.3%)
Giant Monster(s)
- 0 (0%)
Lovecraft (If you thought the HFS was scary...)
- 4 (17.4%)
Magic Discovered (and the war following it)
- 9 (39.1%)
Other (post)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Would YOU survive the apocalypse? Turn 6, 9/4 10:15 AM  (Read 6087 times)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Would YOU survive the apocalypse? Turn 4, 9/4 9:40 AM
« Reply #45 on: September 09, 2010, 10:21:59 pm »

there's no sign of your dog at all (though you haven't called for her)
she sleeps in my room and unless the room was opened she would still have been...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 09, 2010, 11:19:59 pm »

Well, thank god winters are bitter cold here, we got the stuff to deal with this!

Go back inside, on my bedpost is a thick coat, put that on, and a pair of jeans/long johns included. Grab some gloves, and a beanie from the living room closet.

That coat I swear could take a blizzard. Its so warm.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 11:21:52 pm by tehstefan »
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 09, 2010, 11:38:08 pm »

"Well...fuck.  Die bravely it is.  At least getting a headshot should be easy.  CATS, ATTACK THE EVIL LIZARD THING!...CATS, THE EVIL LIZARD THING TASTES LIKE FISH!...fuck. HASTURHASTURHASTURHASTURHASTURHASTURHASTURHASTUR...fuckfuckfuck."

Chop enemy's legs out, keeping a good distance with the shield.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 09, 2010, 11:57:49 pm »

she sleeps in my room and unless the room was opened she would still have been...
I know. Everyone is missing. Weird huh? It's like magic or something.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2010, 12:15:40 am »

I know. Everyone is missing. Weird huh? It's like magic or something.
Part of the thing was was a question of if the room was open when I awoke cause thats the only PHYSICAL way she would have gotten out...
Also am I teleported and have been living in the USA to make sense of the game???

Anyway Turn...

Finish my business and unrap the knife, ready it as I inspect the Cupboard...
Call out the dog's name (Tinkabell (we didn't name her, she was a mistreated dog we saved)) and attempt to call her, she wouldn't be much use in a fight but she is someone special. If I can grab my mobile and wallet, (which is normally empty, might have a couple of $20s in it...)...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

techno65535

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 10, 2010, 02:14:25 am »

Hrmm...how the hell am I going to put that phone book into my pants pocket? It's not that small of a book. :P

While looking at the rock in underwear, "That can't be good..." I head back inside and get dressed then grab one of my jackets. (Have 3, for different times of the year. One's just a denim jacket, another is denim with a liner and the third is a leather biker's jacket. Use that one in winter) Whichever one is appropriate for the current weather. I then go out the back door and head over to the wood pile to grab one of the axes and the sledgehammer which I put in the back of the GMC. If things are going crazy out there I want to be in the biggest vehicle we have. Doesn't hurt that it's the only other four wheel drive here. I then hope that that giant slab of granite isn't blocking the drive and try heading into town again.
... while being chased by axe-welding cats in the dark.
Scratch that, throwing-axe-wielding cats in the dark.
They're cute but my god that's terrifying.
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 10, 2010, 02:47:33 am »

Eagleland is sort of like America, except I get to say you're all close to eachother. If you travel you'll likely find whatever you're close to in real life, and it's more like your real home country the less you think about it.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 10, 2010, 02:51:17 am »

Hm... in on waiting list, I think.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 10, 2010, 01:22:40 pm »

I wonder what makes the engine hiss like that, I sure hope it's not snakes. Heh.. Snakes on an ATV.. brush off that thought and proceed to drive somewhere before theese mosquitoes eat me alive! I HATE theese bugs!

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 12, 2010, 11:45:13 pm »

Update tomorrow, probably.

Sorry for the delay, I've been sick lately.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 15, 2010, 12:06:47 am »

Sorry for the delay! But if you've read any of my other forum games, you probably predicted it. ;D
Also we got a few very narratively convenient dice rolls this turn. For what it's worth, I didn't fib any of them.
Fun fact: I had to disable smileys because the "8)" in (D8:8) makes the "cool glasses" smiley. Yeah, that confused me when I hit the preview button.
Lastly, sorry some of your turns are a little short. Don't be afraid to give long actions, and sorry if I'm having trouble giving you enough leads to follow.

Turn 5
September 4th, 10:00AM

tehstefan:
Well, thank god winters are bitter cold here, we got the stuff to deal with this!

Go back inside, on my bedpost is a thick coat, put that on, and a pair of jeans/long johns included. Grab some gloves, and a beanie from the living room closet.

That coat I swear could take a blizzard. Its so warm.
You spend several minutes dressing for the south pole. You should be alright in the unusual weather now. You get straight to searching around, now free of any cold-induced sloth. For as far as you can see, the neighborhood is either sleeping or uninhabited. You don't even see a car on the street. (D?:?) You can't help it any longer. Out of curiosity, you peer into the only (tangibly) out of place thing you can find in a mile- the fissure. It sinks with sharp edges into the road. Looking down, you see about six feet of asphalt, dirt and severed underground utilities... but past that, the walls fade away, and from the vast majority of what you can see stars peer out of the blackness. Instead of fading into dark, the depths of the fissure look like a clear night sky, or a photo from a space telescope- (D?:?) but try as you might, you recognize no planets or constellations that would let you divine more.

Jack A T:
"Well...fuck.  Die bravely it is.  At least getting a headshot should be easy.  CATS, ATTACK THE EVIL LIZARD THING!...CATS, THE EVIL LIZARD THING TASTES LIKE FISH!...fuck. HASTURHASTURHASTURHASTURHASTURHASTURHASTURHASTUR...fuckfuckfuck."

Chop enemy's legs out, keeping a good distance with the shield.
To no shock of yours, your cats don't seem intent on fighting the monster. (D8:8) Despite be alarmed enough to swear profusely, you master yourself to attack while the beast is still just as stunned as you are. (D12:5) Your dull sword ricochets from a poorly guided blow to its noggin. The monster immediately lashes out at you (D12:7) and your barely stop it with your shield. (D10:10) Your next lash gets a lucky opportunity to wound it in the gut, (D8:8) or rather, from the way it falls to the ground, its heart. (D?:?) You have an urge to do a victory yell, but you're worried it might attract unwanted guests. You resist the urge, and do a sort of fist pump instead. The corpse is a mess.

Neyvn:
Finish my business and unrap the knife, ready it as I inspect the Cupboard...
Call out the dog's name (Tinkabell (we didn't name her, she was a mistreated dog we saved)) and attempt to call her, she wouldn't be much use in a fight but she is someone special. If I can grab my mobile and wallet, (which is normally empty, might have a couple of $20s in it...)...
Yeah, business finished. (D?:?) No sign of the dog at all. You head to your room to grab your wallet, noticing on the way your bookshelf is knocked down... (D?:?) you don't pay it much heed though, for the moment. You get to your wallet, to find (D10:2) that stupid rabbit ate it. Now that you're in the mood for it, you bet you could totally brutalize it with your kitchen knife. You know, just for the record. (D8:8) You hear a faint, constant hum from somewhere.

techno65535:
While looking at the rock in underwear, "That can't be good..."  I head back inside and get dressed then grab one of my jackets. (Have 3, for different times of the year. One's just a denim jacket, another is denim with a liner and the third is a leather biker's jacket. Use that one in winter) Whichever one is appropriate for the current weather. I then go out the back door and head over to the wood pile to grab one of the axes and the sledgehammer which I put in the back of the GMC. If things are going crazy out there I want to be in the biggest vehicle we have. Doesn't hurt that it's the only other four wheel drive here. I then hope that that giant slab of granite isn't blocking the drive and try heading into town again.
No, that's probably not good. You throw on your denim lined jacket (the weather's great for September but you might be out for a while, what with giant rocks and all, it pays to be prepared for anything). Anyway, you quickly grab your tools and start the truck. It's going to take a while to drive around the rock. It's not granite. It's larger than any skyscraper and looms overhead. It's going to be quite a while to drive around it, if the wilderness about the road is drivable at all. (D?:?) You still cannot for the life of you make a hypothesis as to what it is and how it got here, though.

Ultimuh:
I wonder what makes the engine hiss like that, I sure hope it's not snakes. Heh.. Snakes on an ATV.. brush off that thought and proceed to drive somewhere before theese mosquitoes eat me alive! I HATE theese bugs!
YOU DRIVE FASTER THAN A FLYING MOSQUITO! Vroooom! The ATV actually has quite a kick in it. For lack of a better objective you follow what may or may not have been a unicorn. (D10:8) There it is! You're... actually way more confident than any man should ever be that what you are following is, in fact, a unicorn. It's moving quickly, but it doesn't seem to be running from you (or anything else you can see for that matter).

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
Re: Would YOU survive the apocalypse? Turn 5, 9/4 10:00 AM
« Reply #56 on: September 15, 2010, 12:31:52 am »

Gather all of my basic equipment (add cell phone, one full small matchbook, a full water bottle, a few sharpened pencils, a backpack, a pencil sharpener, and a binder with some lined paper to my list, as well).  Store most items in backpack, which I put on.  Adjust hat.  Adjust awesome trenchcoat.  Turn on my computer, and check news sites for any information on this invasion.  Check the Bay12 forums as well.  Also, check Facebook, to see if anyone's posted anything about the local situation.  Finally, call a few friends with my cell phone.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 15, 2010, 01:26:57 am »

In and waiting, please.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

techno65535

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 15, 2010, 03:26:53 am »

Well, that's a problem. The woods around here are rather thick. Though we do have a path on the east side of the property that's just wide enough for the truck to go down. (house faces south) So now to put the truck in 4WD and head north into the gravel pit behind us. Then through it and out onto the highway and IN TO TOWN! I turn on the radio while doing this and see what it's got to say.
... while being chased by axe-welding cats in the dark.
Scratch that, throwing-axe-wielding cats in the dark.
They're cute but my god that's terrifying.
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 15, 2010, 06:05:12 am »

While a unicorn would be a nice trophy, and I also wonder what unicorn meat would taste like..
Mmm.. Unicorn meat.. wait.. no!
I know that according to some myths, by killing one I would get a curse on myself or something.
So i wont do that, instead I follow it, to see where it goes.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6