Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What kind of apocalypse should we use?

Zombies
- 3 (13%)
Nukes
- 6 (26.1%)
Natural Disaster (Volcanoes, meteors, hurricanes, earthquakes... I could go on!)
- 0 (0%)
Aliens
- 1 (4.3%)
Giant Monster(s)
- 0 (0%)
Lovecraft (If you thought the HFS was scary...)
- 4 (17.4%)
Magic Discovered (and the war following it)
- 9 (39.1%)
Other (post)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Would YOU survive the apocalypse? Turn 6, 9/4 10:15 AM  (Read 6093 times)

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
Re: Would YOU survive the apocalypse? Turn 2- 9/4, 9:10AM
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2010, 12:33:59 pm »

I'll start packing up, preparing to travel somewhere.
And about that unicorn, it could not have been an actual unicorn could it?
Whatever it was I'll be keeping a lookout for anything strange while packing.

ibot66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2010, 07:32:11 pm »

this is awsome.
watching.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2010, 09:37:48 pm »

I sent wolfchild a PM, and if he doesn't respond by the next time I do a write-up, I'll make good on my word about a faster waiting list. After that I'll cackle evilly.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2010, 11:09:01 pm »

hehe, better him than me.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2010, 09:45:15 pm »

If you're wondering, the amount of time that passes between turns is whatever I feel makes sense; a vague average of all your actions and whether I feel it's time for you to search for food. You actions are listed in the order you posted, unless I forget or I think they're best read in a certain order.

Another note: we're basing this off of your real house, skills and possessions- so unless you're in an area you don't know well IRL, don't say "I look for a gun", say "There's a gun cabinet in the attic with a .22 rifle". Assuming, of course, you actually have whatever item is in question. Get out of your chair if you have to- scope around your house and think, "What would I do in a magical apocalypse?" While we're on it, you'd also do well to take note, and list if the situation calls for it (IE a fight, especially where you're outnumbered) the entrances/exits of whatever room you're in.

Turn 3
Saturday, September 4th, 9:20AM

Neyvn:
Close the door quietly and step way carefully, to not alert the Mutant Bunny...
Keep as calm as I ca.... WHAT THE HELL!!!... Why is there a Mutant bunny eating the shower curtains (Which I actually don't have but no worries) and WHY is it mutant... (<== unspoken)

Dropping a load can wait for now, or at least I can duck down to the second dunny down the other end of the house thats attached to the laundry. Look for the parents (I am still stuck at home T_T) and grab a kitchen knife, pref a big one. Look outside when I have one...
You try to sneak out- (D8:5) you think it might already have noticed you, but it doesn't so much as look up as you move out. After you're gone you hear it make some noise between a ribbit and a chirp. (D20:17) You keep your cool for now and manage to put nature's call out of your mind. You head to the kitchen and grab a big knife. (D10:10) You recognize the longest, heaviest smooth knife as a good weapon. You also take a cheese knife in case you need to threaten someone, although it's mostly useless as a weapon compared to your simple knife. ((If you'd failed the check, you would have taken the cheese knife as your primary weapon. :D)) (D?:?) There is no discernible sign of any other humans in the building.

Jack A T:
"I'm not much of a fan of guns either, but...how do I put it...I kind of live here.  This is my family's house.  Therefore, I have a few quick questions: Who are you, why are you in here, and why are you searching through my stuff?"
The man turns around, revealing a dramatic scar and eyepatch- or rather, an eye plug, it is made of brass and lensed over in opaque quartz. He is caucasian, with long graying hair, although the rest of his features suggest he is far too young for it. "We are your betters, and we've come to take this land. You needn't know any more, yet. It is odd, I think, that even here there are young heroes who brandish swords. Perhaps you would join us? Or you can perish, but you're well out of time to flee, like the rest of the serfs here have."

tehstefan:
stop and listen for a bit, then go into the kitchen, make myself something to eat.
You listen. (D10:1) You fart really loudly. Well, now that you think about it, you hear a little wind... but for poetic purposes, it is but an eery, oppressive silence. You head towards the kitchen and away from the smell. Since there's no power, you go about making a sandwich. (D20:13) It's a pretty good sandwich. You check how much food is left in the fridge ((About how much food is actually left in your fridge?)) then close it, so it doesn't get warm. Hopefully the food doesn't spoil before the power comes back.

Ultimuh:
I'll start packing up, preparing to travel somewhere.
And about that unicorn, it could not have been an actual unicorn could it?
Whatever it was I'll be keeping a lookout for anything strange while packing.
You pack up, wary of the surroundings. (D12:10) You fit everything nicely on your ATV just in time to see a unicorn. Okay, you're not so sure. Maybe you're seeing things. But maybe you're going to find out. The ATV has a little fuel in it, but not much. You could also hoof it if you wanted to, but you're sure not going to chase much of anything, much less a unicorn and/or suspicious horse.

wolfchild:
I sign up for a forum game and then forget about it or become preoccupied with other tasks.
(D1:1) Out of random luck, you're killed by a stray bullet from outside the house. ((MUAH-HAHAHAHAHAHA!))

Pandarsenic:
I don't get around to making a character before the waiting list moves.
It's okay, you're still on top of the waiting list, for now at least.

techno65535
I am next on the waiting list yay!
((Great, let's get you started before this gets any more meta.)) You wake up in your house. No-one is home, and there is no grid power- you'll have to start the generator. You woke up in the first place because of a loud noise, but it sounds very far off.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!

techno65535

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Would YOU survive the apocalypse? Turn 3- 9/4, 9:20AM
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2010, 10:02:29 pm »

(What time of year is it? Cold, hot, what?)

"The hell was that?"

I get up and walk out onto the front porch (yes, in underware (I do so love living in the middle of nowhere)) and try to see which way the sound came from. After that I grab my phone and phone book to call the power company to find out why we have no power and complain. Then cereal. Then hop in the Jeep and head into town.
... while being chased by axe-welding cats in the dark.
Scratch that, throwing-axe-wielding cats in the dark.
They're cute but my god that's terrifying.
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2010, 10:03:45 pm »

September 4th, 9 20 AM. :)

You'll get more info on the weather when you look outside.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2010, 10:10:46 pm »

Did I eat my sandwich?

In any case, I'd say I have about 4-5 days worth of food in the fridge. More in the fridge in the garage, which I have. In any case, eat the sandwich if I didn't, and if I already did,  go outside to look around. Maybe a neighbor knows why the powers out.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

techno65535

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2010, 10:26:11 pm »

(Just needed to know time of year to know weather or not we had a fire going or not. No where near time for a fire :P)
... while being chased by axe-welding cats in the dark.
Scratch that, throwing-axe-wielding cats in the dark.
They're cute but my god that's terrifying.
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2010, 03:21:26 am »

Grab a spare bit of Cloth that was left over from the Medieval Costume that my girlfriend made for me in July, it was a Monks Robe so there was plenty of spare cloth left over, wrap the knifes blade in the cloth. Change out of my PJs into my Jeans and spare shirt, grab my good belt (which is a strong Cloth kind) and put that on, tucking the knife between it. Leaving the Cheese Knife to be carried...

Check the Laundry toilet (we have two toilets in our house, other end of the house too), take a quick dump/wizz if its becoming urgent, lay the bigger knife over my knees while the cheese knife in hand, leaving the door slightly ajar. I know something gonna come back and bit me in the butt if I don't take care of that. Grab the wireless phone on the way out of the kitchen, call girlfriend...

Think to myself, is it normal for a Mutant Rabbit to be INSIDE my house let alone be real...
Also of wonder, what temp is it, was I in trackpants PJ's or in my boxers and singlet...
Where also is my Dog the Shitsu kind, she sleeps in my room and unless the room was opened she would still have been...???
Also yes, this is all while I am sitting on the loo before calling the girlfriend who lives like 40ishKms away (30+min drive)...

Also on the Meta side, what country do I live in???
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2010, 01:03:26 pm »

Also on the Meta side, what country do I live in???
For purposes of being easy for me to write, you're all centered around the same urban area in Eagleland.

Waiting for Jack A T and Ultimuh...

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2010, 01:59:35 pm »

>Well, my first priority is to get some more fuel.. did I get a container with some with me? If not, try to remember where I could get some, and head for the nearest place I know has some.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2010, 05:50:53 pm »

"So...I have a choice between dying like a coward, dying bravely, or joining your army...is the pay good?"
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2010, 07:31:57 pm »

So epicly IN (the waiting list)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Nom nom nom

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Would YOU survive the apocalypse? I am good at making long waiting lists.
« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2010, 10:18:14 pm »

Turn 4
Saturday, September 4th, 9:40 AM

techno65535:
"The hell was that?"

I get up and walk out onto the front porch (yes, in underware (I do so love living in the middle of nowhere)) and try to see which way the sound came from. After that I grab my phone and phone book to call the power company to find out why we have no power and complain. Then cereal. Then hop in the Jeep and head into town.
You rub your eyes and walk outside. (D?:?) It's pretty dark, you don't see much. You resolve to check again once you've allowed a few minutes for yourself to wake up, and for the sun to creep out of hiding. You grab your phone book, set it by the phone where it bloody belongs, and find your company. You look up "S.P.E.C.T.R.E." and dial the number... after far too much ringing, someone picks up, and you say:
"Hey, this is customer service, right? My power is-"
"Shh! You an' everybody else. Listen,"
"Natch. Am I gonna get my power back or what?"
"This isn't just a power outage! I'm trapped here, I need to"
"Haha. Dead end job huh? When's this getting fixed, seriously."
"You! Put down that handle!" ZATT
And then your call is over. (D?:?) You would be alarmed at the apparent serious situation, but your power company calls are usually like that. You're not about to let that interrupt breakfast! You swear your cereal takes too long to fall from the box to the bowl. Gravity just feels weird today. You look out your window to see it's light outside. You step out front and it's... dark again. Then it dawns on you that you're standing in a shadow. Your more awake eyes see that what you thought was the foggy veil of night is a gray, dusty rock face rising above you- hundreds of yards away, perhaps, but its sheer magnitude is vertigo-instilling.

tehstefan:
Did I eat my sandwich?

In any case, I'd say I have about 4-5 days worth of food in the fridge. More in the fridge in the garage, which I have. In any case, eat the sandwich if I didn't, and if I already did,  go outside to look around. Maybe a neighbor knows why the powers out.
Hrmm... DID you eat your sandwich? ...yup. You step outside. The cold is something fierce. The neighbor's frosty houses are quiet. The rift in the road looms ominously. Despite lots of fierceness and looming, not a lot is going on. Knocks on the neighbor's doors garner no response. You could break in, you suppose, or go exploring. No telling what there is to do, but you might be wise to start a fire or get some warmer clothes first.

Neyvn:
Grab a spare bit of Cloth that was left over from the Medieval Costume that my girlfriend made for me in July, it was a Monks Robe so there was plenty of spare cloth left over, wrap the knifes blade in the cloth. Change out of my PJs into my Jeans and spare shirt, grab my good belt (which is a strong Cloth kind) and put that on, tucking the knife between it. Leaving the Cheese Knife to be carried...

Check the Laundry toilet (we have two toilets in our house, other end of the house too), take a quick dump/wizz if its becoming urgent, lay the bigger knife over my knees while the cheese knife in hand, leaving the door slightly ajar. I know something gonna come back and bit me in the butt if I don't take care of that. Grab the wireless phone on the way out of the kitchen, call girlfriend...

Think to myself, is it normal for a Mutant Rabbit to be INSIDE my house let alone be real...
Also of wonder, what temp is it, was I in trackpants PJ's or in my boxers and singlet...
Where also is my Dog the Shitsu kind, she sleeps in my room and unless the room was opened she would still have been...???
Also yes, this is all while I am sitting on the loo before calling the girlfriend who lives like 40ishKms away (30+min drive)...
Woohoo, loo time! You call you girlfriend while you squat- (D8:2) no phone service- you make a mental note to call your phone provider about that. You're wearing PJ's, there's no sign of your dog at all (though you haven't called for her). As for mutant bunnies? Definitely not normal. You look at your knife and wonder how normal it is to kill a mutant bunny- you didn't really get a chance to size it up earlier. You hear odd bumping and moving- (D8:8) whatever it is, it doesn't sound like a bunny- more of a regular tap. Then you hear what can only be your book case falling over.

Ultimuh:
>Well, my first priority is to get some more fuel.. did I get a container with some with me? If not, try to remember where I could get some, and head for the nearest place I know has some.
You make pretend that you're in an adventure game for a moment by imagining a > in front of your thoughts. This amuses you. You have a small jerry can, bit it's empty, which is far less amusing. Where DO you have fuel? Maybe there's some in town, or in your house, but... you're not sure where YOU are. Whatever you're doing, it looks like time to drive somewhere, so you start up your ATV- much to your confusion, it makes a sort of hiss rather than the grating sound normally to be expected of gas motor. But it's certainly running, even you're not entirely sure why or how.

Jack A T:
"So...I have a choice between dying like a coward, dying bravely, or joining your army...is the pay good?"
"Pay? We do not take "heroes" who serve coin, rather than the will of the Great Elders. You know what? Forget I even asked. If you live to tell about this, do us both a favor and say I just said something really cold-blooded." Then he disappears in a bang and a puff of smoke, leaving behind some sort of monster- it has dark, red scales, walks like a standing lizard, and has a small body and a disproportionately large head, which consists, you imagine, of about 5% eyes and 95% jaw, tooth and muscle. Basically, a ravenous, monstrous head on legs. And you, stand there with a sword and shield, faced with some monster of legend. You could have sworn this was the 21st century when you woke up this morning.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6