Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What kind of apocalypse should we use?

Zombies
- 3 (13%)
Nukes
- 6 (26.1%)
Natural Disaster (Volcanoes, meteors, hurricanes, earthquakes... I could go on!)
- 0 (0%)
Aliens
- 1 (4.3%)
Giant Monster(s)
- 0 (0%)
Lovecraft (If you thought the HFS was scary...)
- 4 (17.4%)
Magic Discovered (and the war following it)
- 9 (39.1%)
Other (post)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Would YOU survive the apocalypse? Turn 6, 9/4 10:15 AM  (Read 6092 times)

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
Re: Would YOU survive the apocalypse? Starting this weekend, probably.
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2010, 12:27:38 am »

Dying sucks. DX

But hey. Its the apocolypse. Dying is inevtiable.

Though dying by magic will be....interesting.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
Re: Would YOU survive the apocalypse? Starting this weekend, probably.
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2010, 12:58:55 am »

Turn 1
Saturday, September 4th, 9:00AM

tehstefan: You wake up like every day, but power's out. Whatever- it happens. It's unseasonably cold, though. You look out the window hoping to see a power crew at work, but the roads are quite, clean and desolate. Nearby a fissure cuts along the road for a small distance, as if an earthquake had torn it open. It is eerily quiet. The weather is sunny, which surprises you given the temperature. It should warm up any time now.

Jack A T: You hear gunshots, and start out of bed suddenly. Outside you see a few abandoned cars, and signs of a fight. For some reason, nobody's home. As best your untrained eye can tell, rocket launchers were used outside- but surely you should have heard them, right? (?) You think you hear a noise downstairs...

Ultimuh: You wake up in your sleeping bag. In your tent, in fact (I'll assume you have one... if not, you were under a tree). You take a moment to recollect- you don't like to leave your tent until you have your wits about to deal with the damn bugs. They're the only thing that gets up earlier than you do, you think... except today. It's already light outside! After a little thinking, you seem to remember seeing a unicorn... You rummage through your bags for empty bottles of alcohol in the hopes of explaining your vision, and... hey! A half-full whiskey! You should really stop bringing this on hunting trips. You're not sure if you remember packing it in your first place. Natch.

Neyvn: Iiiiiiit's the morning! Bright and early! Yeah right. It's Saturday, and you don't feel like doing much. You turn on your computer and try to connect to the Bay12 forums, but your internet seems really spotty. After trying a few times, it gives you a blue screen (what is this? The nineties?) You try heading for a stroll, but it's pretty cold inside, so you stay in... you think you hear a noise. (10) It seems to be behind the book case. Critters maybe? You really hope not. Bastards can get expensive to deal with, you've heard.

wolfchild: It sounds like a fight outside. A riot, really. And there's gunshots- not the occasional muted Bang from the distance kind, but the ear-splitting DAKKA-DAKKA kind. And some bigger noises- really, you aren't sure what they are. A window breaks- you're not sure why, it's in another room. You'd probably better act fast.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

OmnipotentGrue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Would YOU survive the apocalypse? Turn 1- 9/4, 9:00AM
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2010, 01:00:37 am »

This is interesting. Watching.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2010, 01:02:24 am »

I wonder why a bunch of abandoned cars went down my out of the way driveway in the middle of a forest as I slowly go downstairs, sword and shield ready, yelling "Who's there!?!".
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2010, 01:19:53 am »

I yawn, go downstairs, and look around my neighborhood to see what might be going on, though not going outside, just peering though the large windows.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2010, 02:41:34 am »

To tell the truth the Net being spotty is common around my parts, heck normally the Mobiles are 'dead' too with zero reception for there always seems to be a deadzone over my house, needing to go across the street just to send a text is annoying...

Wonder why the hell I got up so early for. Grab one of my old boots, damn thing is nearly falling apart and approach the bookcase, ready to squish what ever it is under the sole of the thing, if its bigger then a roach/rat, get ready to swat it away with my arm. Flicking Cockies are a norm for me, and batting away Cane Toads with me foot is too...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

techno65535

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2010, 03:27:07 am »

(A quick note to the GM for when I get to join in. My house is literally surrounded by trees. and is a quarter mile from the road. The only time we see vehicles other than ours are when it's someone we know and have shown how to get to our house or they are completely lost. No, that's not an exaggeration. It's actually happened.) (just to prevent bunch of random vehicles at the house)
... while being chased by axe-welding cats in the dark.
Scratch that, throwing-axe-wielding cats in the dark.
They're cute but my god that's terrifying.
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2010, 03:38:51 am »

I really don't know how I could have drunken a bottle of wiskey, I don't drink alcoholic beverages.
I look at my immediate surroundungs aftrer stepoping out of my tent.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2010, 11:13:53 am »

Haha, naturally everyone has some correction for me. :)

Don't worry, strange things will be explained, even if they're not as I originally intended them. :)
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2010, 11:56:32 am »

Just waiting for wolfchild.

MagmaDeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2010, 07:46:51 pm »

Watching
Knowledge=Power=Energy=Matter=Mass.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2010, 02:36:13 pm »

Well, wolfchild appears AWOL.

TURN 2
Saturday, September 4th, 9:10 AM

Jack A T:
I wonder why a bunch of abandoned cars went down my out of the way driveway in the middle of a forest as I slowly go downstairs, sword and shield ready, yelling "Who's there!?!"
You're up and armed in a flinch. You work your way down the stairs carefully, trying to stand where your slightly unconventional weapon would be of most use. Then you issue a challenge; "Who's there?" For a moment, there's no response. Then a man's voice returns "A friend! Of you and anyone who fights without one of those cursed rifles." You peek about the corner to see a tall man in a robe- he's still kind of picking through your drawers; indeed he may not have made the connection that this is your house.

tehstefan:
I yawn, go downstairs, and look around my neighborhood to see what might be going on, though not going outside, just peering though the large windows.
You yawn. When you exhale, it leaves a little frosty fog hanging in the air. You look through your windows at the world outside. (d8:3) You don't see much. Like, some houses and stuff. Blah. You guess you're still waking up.

Neyvn:
Wonder why the hell I got up so early for. Grab one of my old boots, damn thing is nearly falling apart and approach the bookcase, ready to squish what ever it is under the sole of the thing, if its bigger then a roach/rat, get ready to swat it away with my arm. Flicking Cockies are a norm for me, and batting away Cane Toads with me foot is too...
First the most important thing- why DID you get up so damn early? (d20:6) You need to go to the toilet. Now. Pests will have to wait. (D12:11) You take a quick look in your bathroom before sitting down and oh shit there's some kind of mutant rabbit in the shower. It's chewing on the curtains.

Ultimuh:
I really don't know how I could have drunken a bottle of whiskey, I don't drink alcoholic beverages.
I look at my immediate surroundings after stepping out of my tent.
You open it up. (D8:8) Whatever it is, sure doesn't smell like whiskey. You seem to remember... shaking it. You shake it a little and it glows a pinkish color. Creepy. Outside the tent is... not much. Your rifle is strapped to your snowmobile ATV ((since you've moved geologically, we'll just assume you have and can use an ATV)), which is in pretty bad shape. It's kind of smashed, in fact, though it looks like it still runs.

wolfchild: You panic! Panic panic panic!

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Would YOU survive the apocalypse? Turn 2- 9/4, 9:10AM
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2010, 07:57:23 pm »

Close the door quietly and step way carefully, to not alert the Mutant Bunny...
Keep as calm as I ca.... WHAT THE HELL!!!... Why is there a Mutant bunny eating the shower curtains (Which I actually don't have but no worries) and WHY is it mutant... (<== unspoken)

Dropping a load can wait for now, or at least I can duck down to the second dunny down the other end of the house thats attached to the laundry. Look for the parents (I am still stuck at home T_T) and grab a kitchen knife, pref a big one. Look outside when I have one...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2010, 08:58:48 pm »

"I'm not much of a fan of guns either, but...how do I put it...I kind of live here.  This is my family's house.  Therefore, I have a few quick questions: Who are you, why are you in here, and why are you searching through my stuff?"
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2010, 10:34:02 pm »

stop and listen for a bit, then go into the kitchen, make myself something to eat.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6