Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: About to breach  (Read 1867 times)

Mountain-King

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: About to breach
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2010, 06:10:12 pm »

I dug to the other 2 tubes and no more came out

There was only about 50 in the first wave,but they're coming into the map by groups of 5 or 6. This should go down in history as the least Fun HFS breach in history

Total losses: 10
2 were useless civilians.
take advantage of your good fortune by starting a huge megaproject in hell

my personal suggestion: barnum and bailey's amazing demon circus

Toast024

• Bay Watcher
  • Goes good with jam or butter.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2010, 07:48:41 pm »

God damn, you must be getting the worst demons ever. Pics or it didn't happen. I dammand pics of each demon type
's description screen.
The learning curve of the df forums should be equal to that of df itself.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2010, 08:44:54 pm »

Actually, I once breached hell and got zero demon turnout. And I mean zero. I actually built a staircase down through the tube before a single generic panda-demon wrecked my 7 miners with the help of a sudden fire-imp invasion from the magma sea. So, it's not unprecedented, just extremely rare.

Also, OP, you know what you must do. Construct a fortress in hell. Take screenies too.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Hokan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2010, 09:10:55 pm »

When you breach something dangerous, (for the sake of an analogy) like a fence full of angry pit bulls, the best approach is not to have ten large men to wrestle them, but to create a lure for them to impale themselves on.

Anyway, in plain dwarfish, I'll tell you how you should do it.

Poaziaz'tha urwa k'a th'aah azlur'rk urwa arakaazn talurrth, our''t zhazrk kur zihaazka az thothkal urwa khazrhth. Lo waazgurhaka tathakr, rurk urrno ar TWa, po'k aznthur ar thkhazkako kazlath azrt lanakazho kazzikazith ath kur tharhahazka waurhziath, ziaz'thark thurla urh lurthk urwa k'aah waurhziath kur thkazrt atno poo zh'ana k'aah ziurlhaztath azha thnaz'k'kahat poo our'h lazar waurhzia. K'ath ziazr poa turra zhak' arkaraahat ziurnnazrhthath, zh'azi' lo waazgurhaka tathakrth urwa zh'azi' argurnga th'rhrhurhkth azrt wanururh khazkath. Tharzia our' ziazr poa 'rn'zigo kur "aqrhahaarzia" rhurzhahwa'n talurrth, A haziurllart kur zihaazka az harhaazkark thrhaga wanururh ('thark zhazkah nurkazi) kur thurwakar k'al 'rh waahthk. K'urtha k'azk ziurrwahurrk our' zhann poa thagahano ardr'hat urh azk naazthk aznhaazto aqrhahaarziark thurla thurhk urwa rhazar. Naga A thazat, ziurrwahurrkark az po'nn poo thkazrtark our'h khur'rt ath rurk az kururt ataaz. Kho kur lazga our'h 'WaTh pohaazzi' arkur thurlak'ark naga our'h waurhkhathth arkhazrzia zhur'nt poa, poaziaz'tha, ar aththarzia, ak ath our'h thaziurrt arkhazrzia.

http://www.tilansia.com/langconvert.php
Valuing life seems too close to an aesthetic rule for me, I think.
Only in Dwarf Fortress is the value of life placed as "aesthetic."

thedude72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2010, 09:18:28 pm »

God damn, you must be getting the worst demons ever. Pics or it didn't happen. I dammand pics of each demon type
's description screen.

They were mostly salt and stuff. No steam or anything mean like that. It didn't help that they really could only fight one at a time cause my dwarves were sitting right at the end of the tunnel. 5:1 with blue stuff kinda made it into a demon meat grinder.

Game crashed at the turn of spring so I'm back to just before I breach the tent. This might be good for !!SCIENCE!! though. I'll post pics next chance I get

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2010, 09:23:23 pm »

in .06 i took (my very first) adventurer down into the ziggurat.  It was filled with zombie and skeletal elephants, but somehow I beat them all to death with a silver shortsword.  When I got to the very bottom of the ziggurat I FINALLY found the very large cache of masterwork adamantine armors and weapons (masterfully studded with gold, silver, and adamantine) that I had produced before abandoning my fortress.  Seriously  all the good shit was at the BOTTOM of the ziggurat.  I geared up for war, went into sneak mode, pulled the adamantine longsword from its pedestal, heard the eerie message of screams from the depths, and then.. nothing.  I resolved to delve deeper, rather than return to the surface with my loot.  2 hours of twisting hell passages later (and at least 10 z levels), I finally got stomped to death by a zombie elephant while drowning in a pool of magma.

No clowns.

PS navigating the ziggurat takes FOREVER.  It didn't help that I was checking every corner of every level for food, drink, and blue armor.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 09:26:13 pm by slothen »
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku

Bronimin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2010, 10:47:41 am »

-
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 04:19:55 pm by Bronimin »
Pages: 1 [2]