Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: What are some cool embarks that you found?  (Read 4511 times)

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
Re: What are some cool embarks that you found?
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2010, 01:18:07 am »

Oh about the snow desert.

It had sand and was hot and had snow.

Bronimin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2010, 01:35:34 am »

-
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 04:24:35 pm by Bronimin »

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2010, 01:46:16 pm »

Oh about the snow desert.

It had sand and was hot and had snow.

Well in that case, no, it doesn't make sense.
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".

JAFANZ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2010, 02:25:34 pm »

I recently genned a world & found this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

AltF8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • PeriodicGames
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2010, 03:59:08 pm »

That is awesome. I would love to build a fort over the river, similar to Mountainbanners.
Goblin pricking does not sound like it could pay well enough.

JAFANZ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2010, 11:24:55 pm »

That is awesome. I would love to build a fort over the river, similar to Mountainbanners.

Further details in the
DF2010 WorldGen "Cookbook" Thread

Thoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2010, 10:51:38 pm »

Further details in the
DF2010 WorldGen "Cookbook" Thread

I tried your params JAFANZ but in Genesis which i guess is why it turned out slightly different, but anyway behold my mighty river!
overall the map looks very similar but no sign of your particular meandering river, but still good params for giant rivers, i do believe that's a 6x6? I forget i generally put up with the slowdown of large forts, for a while or until a new release, I shall see how I fare with this one. Again Cheers for the interesting params I shall have to twiddle myself sometime to get some interesting effects.
"Do not offend the chair leg of Truth. It is wise and terrible" - (Urist) Spider Jerusalem

JAFANZ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2010, 12:29:36 am »

A few hours ago I discovered that my modifications of dwarven civ ethics & naming conventions could have an effect on geography, but I just regenned the world from the params in the other post in a near vanilla version 0.31.12 (I appear to have missed something), & the exported world map was nearly identical to the previous version (a couple of extra roads afaict), & at the location of the embark I found a site I am unable to differentiate from the one originally posted.

However the only modifications I normally make are to enable all "symbol" sets, eating of sapients, & trophies of sapients, for the dwarf civs, & to lower the sharpness of Obsidian to 9999 so that it shows in my economic stones menu until I have enabled it for use, & reset the sharpness.

MelloHero

• Bay Watcher
  • 無基督、我無也。
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2010, 01:04:32 am »

My latest embark is on the hillside of a massive, distant volcano by the sea. There is a massive, steep depression in a roughly round form, from my embark point down a whopping 34 Z-levels to the solid rhyolite beach (actually a cliff one level above the water, so no waves), nothing but the glassy-smooth ocean beyond. Just north, the steepness continues in the opposite direction into a tall spire. Currently I've dug a hobbit hole to house the colonial party until the fort proper begins to be constructed.

EDIT: Here it is. Ideas, anyone? As I'm newly single, I'll have plenty of time for megaprojects.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 01:35:24 am by MelloHero »
Even if you have dwarves decked out in cotton candy they will still have fun with clowns.

Thoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2010, 02:43:11 am »

EDIT: Here it is. Ideas, anyone? As I'm newly single, I'll have plenty of time for megaprojects.
That's really nice, well i'd go for some giant statues of dwarves either side and then make a huge entrance hallway a few z high lined with magma and water chutes, but that's just me, really like those cliffs quite something, did you do any specific parameters or just rolled one randomly?
"Do not offend the chair leg of Truth. It is wise and terrible" - (Urist) Spider Jerusalem

MelloHero

• Bay Watcher
  • 無基督、我無也。
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2010, 02:57:54 am »

Did you do any specific parameters or just rolled one randomly?

Random roll. I could post the info up too, if you like.
Even if you have dwarves decked out in cotton candy they will still have fun with clowns.

Thoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2010, 03:52:25 am »

Did you do any specific parameters or just rolled one randomly?

Random roll. I could post the info up too, if you like.

That would be grand if you would, also have you done any raw editing or modded it at all or just plain 31.12 vanilla?

MelloHero

• Bay Watcher
  • 無基督、我無也。
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2010, 09:39:32 am »

Vanilla.

TwilightWalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2010, 11:57:40 am »

Vanilla.

Awesome. Got a pic of where the embark site of that cliff is?

GuudeSpelur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2010, 12:44:30 pm »

My latest embark is on the hillside of a massive, distant volcano by the sea. There is a massive, steep depression in a roughly round form, from my embark point down a whopping 34 Z-levels to the solid rhyolite beach (actually a cliff one level above the water, so no waves), nothing but the glassy-smooth ocean beyond. Just north, the steepness continues in the opposite direction into a tall spire. Currently I've dug a hobbit hole to house the colonial party until the fort proper begins to be constructed.

Carve the dwarven Mt. Rushmore into that cliff.
This fortress is turning into some kind of supervillain lair or something.
You do remember that you've been farming gigantic wingless dragon-fish for profit and Fun, right?
Pages: 1 [2] 3