Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Can't dump stone from a stone stockpile  (Read 604 times)

DDouble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Can't dump stone from a stone stockpile
« on: December 02, 2007, 09:50:00 pm »

In an effort to make my stone dumping process faster (dumping stone down a volcano to permanently get rid of it) I designated a stone stockpile near the lava. It quickly filled up with stone from down in my mines that my haulers brought up. But, I then went through and designated the items for dumping through [k][d] but the dwarves won't touch them! Even when I get rid of the underlying stockpile. Thus, I am stuck with a pile of worthless stone that I fear is making my game lag horribly.

The lag in this new version is really what kills things for me...I'm playing on a 3x3 map, no z-levels above ground, no temp, no weather, things went fine until I hit 80 dwarves. Now it takes hours to pass a season.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Can't dump stone from a stone stockpile
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2007, 01:20:00 am »

have you designated a garbage dump zone with ?  And I don't think stone is causing you lag.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2007, 05:59:00 am »

If your stone stockpile is OUTSIDE, make sure your dwarves are set to gather refuse from OUTSIDE ( <o>ptions -> <r>efuse options -> dwarves gather refuse from <o>utside ). Items marked for dumping are considered refuse.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Mitchy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://discord.us
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2007, 11:53:00 am »

I also have this problem of dwarves not gathering objects that I make with k->d. Even though I have set up dump zones and checked refuse orders. It began in 33c and is persisting in the same fort now in 33d.
-
Mirth Then Called

DDouble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2007, 09:09:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by martinuzz:
<STRONG>If your stone stockpile is OUTSIDE, make sure your dwarves are set to gather refuse from OUTSIDE ( <o>ptions -> <r>efuse options -> dwarves gather refuse from <o>utside ). Items marked for dumping are considered refuse.</STRONG>

I think this is my problem. Too late to check now, I already drowned my fort in lava. They deserved it, the lousy little laggards!