Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: YEEAARRRGGHHH!  (Read 1269 times)

frostedfire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
YEEAARRRGGHHH!
« on: December 18, 2007, 03:21:00 am »

yes, I'm using the constipated smiliey (instead of the little picture of a post-it notes) for a reason - my new fort   :).  Thankfully I got some haematite and got forging up at the magmah, also set up a small hut for my marksdwarves to fend off ze impz   :(.  set that up, put the marksdwarves back on duty to stop the thieves...

so much for thieves, kada (kobolds advocating dwarven annihilation) came and visited my fortress.  with bows.  Dunno where they got the copper bows and all those arrows from, maybe they sold them to the gobbos or something.  Anyways, send my guys into peasant militiaaa and send them back to base from hauling rocks from the outpost probe (to find somewhere without aquifer, of which I STILL haven't found except for a small felsite part).  The problem was that the kobolds were at my base, and most of the dwarves were almost home, thus putting on STAY INDOORS wouldn't help...

[I have this image, just haven't put it up on photobucket yet]

lost a good third of my dwarves, thankfully both miners were saved, the mason died along with one of the marksdwarves (also my crafter, got shot on the way to  pick up his stuff.  one of the carpenters survived, the new metalsmith got killed, as well as a farmer and another guy who I'll find out who he was later when I need him   :(.  Wonder if I get second wave of immigrants....

[ December 19, 2007: Message edited by: frostedfire ]

the spinning bb round hits jack johnson, scumbag in the lower body!
it is pierced through entirely!
his right kidney has been poked out!
his liver has been mangled!

jack johnson, raider has been shot and killed.

The above (including bbcode) neatly weighs in at 255 characters. Fallout meets DF

frostedfire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: YEEAARRRGGHHH!
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2007, 03:42:00 am »

just checked again, YEAY immigrants  :D

better get those weapon traps up soon too...  :p

The above (including bbcode) neatly weighs in at 255 characters. Fallout meets DF

Markham

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.boogatech.com
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2007, 03:48:00 am »

kobolds can be ridiculously annoying at times.  I had a kobold get discovered by my woodcutter, so I activated him.  My woodcutter ran over to the kobold, but before he could strike it down with the ax, the kobold stole the ax and ran away.

frostedfire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2007, 04:02:00 am »

and it seems my luck isn't over yet, the fireman (because magmaman seems to have a density problem they sit on the bottom), followed my bowyer back to base, I lost one of my miners  :( and about 2 other guys from the immigration (unskilled, so of no real importance  :p )

Krash

• Bay Watcher
  • The one and only
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2007, 04:20:00 am »

Sounds like a pretty sweet fortress you got yourself there.  Me, havent lost a single dwarf in over three fortress years, despite haunted + chasm (not in the open though) + 5 moods.  The only wounded yet was a metalsmith who made the mistake of disagreeing with the mayor about bronze item production, and he´s fine now.

[ December 18, 2007: Message edited by: Krash ]

MyLittlePonyBuiltMyHotRod, this is your first warning. I would like to direct you to read our forum's FAQ and posting guidelines before posting again. Specifically we don't use swear words here, and your picture of Stalin riding a Year3 Limited Edition Starflower inside a German concentration camp was both upsetting and historically inaccurate.

frostedfire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2007, 12:51:00 am »

sweet?  I don't mind the fighting and losing the odd dwarf, but there's no cliffs (being in aquifer-land), so I have to dig into the sand, and only a couple rock segments I can go through  :(

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2007, 12:59:00 am »

If you want excitement, choose a haunted map. Undead guaranteed. It's a joy to go out and start a fight with herds of skeletal animals every once in a while.
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

frostedfire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2007, 03:14:00 am »

final report - gave up on the fortress.  nailed a fire imp using my good ol' marksdwarf   :(

Finally finished with 9 dwarves, of which about 3 were uninjured.  Also note, that kobold attack that happened back in the autumn?  only 2 kobolds took hits, and they were both maggi-healable wounds :cry:

[ December 19, 2007: Message edited by: frostedfire ]