Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Recommend me some Games!  (Read 5227 times)

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
Re: Recommend me some Games!
« Reply #45 on: September 09, 2010, 05:57:49 pm »

Spring

Probably already known, but Spring is a free RTS engine that comes with community generated games for it.

Oh, and I would also recommend Homeworld, space RTS from 1999. 3-D and probably pretty cheap on E-bay. Graphics are not top notch, but that shouldnt matter.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

joss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2010, 08:52:18 am »

Day of the purple tentacle. funny, great point and click by um, I think the people who did grim fandango.
It's actually Maniac Mansion: Day of the Tentacle by Lucasarts. Other point&clickers from Lucasarts are also brilliant. You should try Sam & Max Hit the Road, which is hilarious, and "Full Throttle", which is so badass it hurts. Also, imo the best adventure game of all time: Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis. I've played it through tens of times and it keeps getting better every time.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2010, 09:02:34 am »

Day of the purple tentacle. funny, great point and click by um, I think the people who did grim fandango.
It's actually Maniac Mansion: Day of the Tentacle by Lucasarts. Other point&clickers from Lucasarts are also brilliant. You should try Sam & Max Hit the Road, which is hilarious, and "Full Throttle", which is so badass it hurts. Also, imo the best adventure game of all time: Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis. I've played it through tens of times and it keeps getting better every time.

Yep back in the Lucas Arts golden age when their Adventure games were king!

Now... not so much

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2010, 10:19:49 am »

Im surprised noone mentioned Legends of Kyrandia series. Great adventure games, gonna play through them all again now.
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 11, 2010, 11:01:14 am »

Why hasn't anyone mentioned Darklands yet???  >:(
Spelunky, Iji, La-Mulana, and Cave story are great platformers; and that's a horrific understatement. I don't know what kind of genre HeroCore fits into, but that's also a good game.

There's the Massive Mod for the Standed II game, though the download is standalone from the original.

Then there's the I Wanna Be the Guy series of games for all the masochists out there.

Then there's Yume Nikki (Dream Diary) for the "what the hell am I playing" genre.

For puzzle buffs, I posted threads about Irisu Syndrome and Ai to Yuuki to Kashiwa Mochi, but those are Japanese games and can screw with your computer if you don't install them right; you can just search the forum for them. /shameless self promotion

Then a crapload of other games which also have threads here such as:
Survival Crisis Z
Transcendence
Oolite
Zafehouse
Elona
Mages Guild
Incursion
Triangle Wizard
Powder
Gearhead
Battleships Forever
Dink Smallwood

And a host of other games whose names escape me.

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2010, 11:04:30 am »

I would highly recommend Tyrian and One Must Fall for some old-skool feelings.
Edit: Activate Hyper mode and rehit mode in OMF to enable more combo's and make things more interesting. Press and hold 2097 on the main screen, then go gameplay, where you can set the mode from normal to hyper. Rehit mode is under advanced options.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 11:19:44 am by Virex »

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #51 on: September 11, 2010, 08:39:58 pm »

4X FTW!

Distant Worlds! (been patched up and soon we will have an update. I do love this game)
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=782&p=1&tmode=1&smode=1

AI War (if it hasnt been said yet, not exactly 4x because it is more an RTS but it kinda plays a bit like a 4X)
http://www.arcengames.com/aiwar_features.php
I got nothing

Comrade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 14, 2010, 09:18:53 pm »

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 15, 2010, 11:28:27 am »

It might be a bit of a deviation from the sort of games you've been reccomended so far, but quarantine 2019 is a browser-based game that I would reccomend.

Yannanth

« Reply #54 on: September 15, 2010, 02:12:03 pm »

« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 04:12:21 pm by Yannanth »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]