Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: How big is bay12  (Read 4787 times)

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile
Re: How big is bay12
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2010, 01:57:14 pm »

I'm pretty sure Tig are also fine, though it's been a while since I've been there.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2010, 02:52:16 pm »

Also, 68 days? Wow, that's insane, do you leave your browser open at night?
Not when I'm sleeping. It's just I tend to stay up late at night.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2010, 06:25:33 pm »

You dudes are a great bunch. Funny thing is, most of the people I hang out with IRL are either jocks or greasemonkeys. Not really internet people. Almost every other internet community I've been part of has been filled with egoistical pricks or creepy otaku/furry types. Then again, I was never really active in any community before this one. Thanks guys. Thanks for showing me that there is an oasis of sanity on the internet.

We still have egotistical pricks, but they're generally nice pricks.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

nbonaparte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2010, 06:44:33 pm »

If you want the maturity of bay12, a sense of community, and a good sized forum, check out xkcd. 52500 members, 300 of which have over 1000 posts, and 600 have over 500 posts. (and some of the subforums don't contribute to postcount, so that's a lower bound).

Meh, I've never liked xkcd as much.  They don't do the same sort of taking funny things and running with it, in my experience, and there's not the same sort of well-known personalities thing.  Not as welcoming, either... well, anyway.  That's just me.

Maybe it will improve with time.
Let me guess. You've only been in the Individual Comics forum, right? That's the worst part of the place.
A service to the forum: clowns=demons, cotton candy=adamantine, clown car=adamantine tube, circus=hell, circus tent=demonic fortress.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2010, 06:48:28 pm »

Let me guess. You've only been in the Individual Comics forum, right? That's the worst part of the place.

Nope.  I've read some of pretty much everything, and posted a good amount in the school/mathematics forums.  Started a couple threads, gotten in a massive argument about faking mental illness in Serious Discussion, and play mafia.

Far and away, the nicest people were in the food section.  Other than that, it seems kind of... cold.  Not many people reply to individuals, other than the OP, and I never got much of a feeling of "individual personality" from a given member.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

nbonaparte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2010, 07:01:16 pm »

Nope.  I've read some of pretty much everything, and posted a good amount in the school/mathematics forums.  Started a couple threads, gotten in a massive argument about faking mental illness in Serious Discussion, and play mafia.

Far and away, the nicest people were in the food section.  Other than that, it seems kind of... cold.  Not many people reply to individuals, other than the OP, and I never got much of a feeling of "individual personality" from a given member.
Ah, alright. Yeah, I don't often venture into Serious Business. Free as in Destitute, the last forum on the index page, is a smaller, tighter knit community. there's a link to the group to apply to in the subforum description. you'll get in, it's just an antispam measure, since it's mostly unmoderated (it's a little more inane, but it's not as bad ad 4chan or something like that).
A service to the forum: clowns=demons, cotton candy=adamantine, clown car=adamantine tube, circus=hell, circus tent=demonic fortress.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2010, 07:04:22 pm »

Hey, thanks for the advice!  I might consider joining, though at the moment I'm just trying to figure out how to get oneself established in the community as a whole.  These things must be grokked =)
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2010, 11:43:45 pm »

You dudes are a great bunch. Funny thing is, most of the people I hang out with IRL are either jocks or greasemonkeys. Not really internet people. Almost every other internet community I've been part of has been filled with egoistical pricks or creepy otaku/furry types. Then again, I was never really active in any community before this one. Thanks guys. Thanks for showing me that there is an oasis of sanity on the internet.
Sanity? Here?

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2010, 11:55:45 pm »

Obviously he hasn't mermaid farmed yet. Give him time.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2010, 11:56:28 pm »

Somewhere in the world, goons are reading this thread and guffawing to themselves in their ivory tower. GUFFAWING.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2010, 12:01:48 am »

I stumbled upon somebody on Bay12 the other day who also lives in the same small town I used to and recognizes the names of some of my high school friends.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2010, 01:55:41 am »

Somewhere in the world, goons are reading this thread and guffawing to themselves in their ivory tower. GUFFAWING.

Goons are hoopy froods.

And yeah, I used to think this place an oasis of sanity. I realize how naive I was now.

It's an oasis of nice people. Sanity is optional and in some cases looked down upon.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2010, 04:00:38 am »

Goons are hoopy froods.

And yeah, I used to think this place an oasis of sanity. I realize how naive I was now.

It's an oasis of nice people. Sanity is optional and in some cases looked down upon.

How do you explain Neruz or Pathos or Nikov or even Me?

Hands down the biggest assholes on the internet.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2010, 04:02:16 am »

I've seen worse.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2010, 04:11:19 am »

Yeah, you guys are kinda-assholes at best, maybe. I never thought of anyone on that list as an asshole. Pathos was just dumb.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4