Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45

Author Topic: Magicka 2: Learn to spell.....AGAIN. Research before you buy.  (Read 88375 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Magicka - I don my Wizzard's hat and robe
« Reply #630 on: June 20, 2012, 11:32:22 pm »

I... actually have this game. Would love to play, but...

... I've owned the game since Janurary. Have yet to get access to a computer capable of running it. Effing video cards. Mumblemutter.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Satarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: June 21, 2012, 12:56:08 pm »

I picked up the DLC.  Unfortunately the achievement for killing the first guardian is broken.  Also I could only find 10/11 of the ponies for Friendship is Magicka achievement.
You need to make said elf leather into the most amazing work of art.  Embed it with every kind of gem you have, stud it with metals, and sew images into it.  Erect a shrine outside your fort with that in the center.  Let the elves know that you view their very skin as naught more but a medium for your dwarves to work on.

Markus

• Bay Watcher
  • [Alignment:Lawful Bacon]
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: June 21, 2012, 03:02:33 pm »

Why can't anyone host a game for more than Five seconds? Had this game since before any major dlc and...

I haven't caught a single good online session.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: June 21, 2012, 03:17:48 pm »

Why can't anyone host a game for more than Five seconds? Had this game since before any major dlc and...

I haven't caught a single good online session.
Because you're better off finding a group than that way.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #634 on: June 21, 2012, 04:31:10 pm »

When I played the best spell for PvP was something along the lines of ice ice lightning arcane on your weapon.  The line of spikes it shot out was basically a guaranteed kill if you got a direct hit, they wouldn't be able to get out of it before they died.
BTW, for maximum potential, add shields to that mix. It's a gamekiller as well. Renders beating Magicka solo possible (I've beaten it that way). I remember first doing that against Soli during one of his livestream sessions. Still cracks me up how that unfolded.

"Shield's up. There's no way you're going to destroy it with your fucking roc---HOW THE HELL YOU DID THAT?!?! YOU BASTARD!!!!"

I pierced his shield with a line of arcane lightning glaciers and killed him instantly. Not to mention, ice shield heal (x3) area-cast is excellent for doing a full-heal (4999+ per cast, and can be done lightning quick) and annihilating swarms of zombies in a jiffy.

EDIT:
Arcane lightning glacier and arcane electric steam boogaloo are both the most powerful attacks in that game. Arm yourself with the weapon/shield that doubles your life bar, and you're unstoppable.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 09:35:39 am by Itnetlolor »

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: June 21, 2012, 05:04:06 pm »

I beat the campaign solo by spamming teleport and steam-steam-steam-arcane-lightning. Oh, and lots of steam elementals.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: June 21, 2012, 05:33:07 pm »

I couldn't be bothered to memorize the summon elemental spell, so I just used the steam-steam-arcane-lightning-lightning beam. A SAFE, SARE, or other self-cast shield/auras help against mages, but will negate your elemental melee attacks if it depends on something you have a protective aura for. If they have lightning immunity, do a quick blast of arcane water, or arcane water boulder, then quickly frost beam or frost arcane boulder to freeze them. If you have a friend playing with you this can be a cheap tactic. Just keep them frozen in place while your friend charges a 5-earth element boulder at full blast. It will shatter them in one hit.

Enemies with shields can be dealt with using a simple arcane boulder, it removes their shields, leaving them vulnerable to your attacks.

I actually haven't used any robes besides the default one, oddly enough...

Also haven't tried ice on my weapon, gotta see what that's like when I play next.

Satarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: June 21, 2012, 06:14:28 pm »

Water quake (qdddd) is great because it removes shields, knocks down, and soaks the enemy.  2x water quake and then a frost nova (rssss) is pretty much I win for the whole game.  Whatever that doesn't work against can usually be beaten by fire quake spam (fd). Super Steam Electric works great as both a nova and a beam (fqfqaas for strong, fqasss for length or size).
You need to make said elf leather into the most amazing work of art.  Embed it with every kind of gem you have, stud it with metals, and sew images into it.  Erect a shrine outside your fort with that in the center.  Let the elves know that you view their very skin as naught more but a medium for your dwarves to work on.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: June 21, 2012, 06:20:37 pm »

I beat the campaign solo by spamming teleport and steam-steam-steam-arcane-lightning.

Inefficient. The only point of steam in that combo is to make the enemy wet, and one is enough for that. Steam, arcane, lightning, lightning, lightning has the highest DPS for this particular combo but doesn't last long, whereas steam, arcane, arcane, arcane, lightning has a longer duration and more total damage as a result.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: June 21, 2012, 07:24:48 pm »

I used SAFE mines for everything. For some reason their fire DPS was ridiculous (as in kill-the-first-boss-with-one-use ridiculous).

But I haven't played it since last summer, so what do I know.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: June 22, 2012, 02:21:00 am »

I soloed the game by spamming the time slow spell, memorizing the summon elemental spell, and gratuitous use of guns / lasers.

It's also how I did most of the arenas.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: June 22, 2012, 07:07:37 am »

Interesting. I rely heavily on rock armor + whatever elemental shield fits the situation when going solo. Then I let the enemy surround me and start spamming the AOE version of the steam+lightning+arcane combo of death.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: June 22, 2012, 11:18:57 am »

@Sordid: The steam does damage in itself as well, and doesn't affect the beam cast time afaik. Although steam-arcane-lightning-lightning-lightning would be amusing to try. I must try that.

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: June 22, 2012, 04:46:01 pm »

I like frozen boulders.

Frozen arcane darty things is good too.

Used to love beams, but later on theyy become less viable. Just about the time of that bridge battle at the mines *Shudders*

In other news: PAAAAAARKEEEEEEEER!
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 12:01:36 am by Wolf Tengu »
Everybody!

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: June 23, 2012, 09:00:25 pm »

@Sordid: The steam does damage in itself as well, and doesn't affect the beam cast time afaik. Although steam-arcane-lightning-lightning-lightning would be amusing to try. I must try that.
It does damage, but less than either another arcane element or another lightning element. Having more arcane elements makes the duration longer.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45