Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 45

Author Topic: Magicka 2: Learn to spell.....AGAIN. Research before you buy.  (Read 88476 times)

Farseer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magicka - I don my Wizzard's hat and robe
« Reply #210 on: January 26, 2011, 12:46:39 pm »

Also, people found the Chapter 6 boss fight hard? ??? He went down easier than Jormungandr did, for me.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 26, 2011, 01:18:18 pm »

Jormungandr is easy, just use lightning on him.

That boss fight on 6 is a bit tricky, mostly because of the cronies you have to fight first... But also because you get knocked off the stage a lot. I found thunderbolts to be the most effective attack, you can just hit him and move.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 26, 2011, 01:56:28 pm »

That boss fight on 6 is a bit tricky, mostly because of the cronies you have to fight first... But also because you get knocked off the stage a lot. I found thunderbolts to be the most effective attack, you can just hit him and move.
well, we were two players. but just use 5xwater and shove the mobs of the platforms

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 26, 2011, 02:58:17 pm »

Fun fact, ice lightning and shield creates short lived tesla coils made of ice :D
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 26, 2011, 03:07:18 pm »

I downloaded the demo of this game today and it wouldn't even start up on my laptop.  :( I was mostly looking forward to the freeform magic system. Oh well.

jmancube

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 26, 2011, 03:09:07 pm »

I don't know if anyone mentioned this yet but, steam+arcane+lightning (you can add another 2 lightnings/arcane as well) is devastating. It kills bosses in a couple seconds. The steam component gets the enemy wet, which amplifies the damage from the lightning.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 26, 2011, 03:09:17 pm »

Also if you kept the Glam from the first mission, I believe the 6th mission is easier (and you get an achievement)

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 26, 2011, 03:34:25 pm »

My mage got a M60 for saving all the houses in chapter 3.
Apparently their blacksmith built it using a shotgun and a paperclip.
This game is glourious.

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 26, 2011, 03:41:58 pm »

Also if you kept the Glam from the first mission, I believe the 6th mission is easier (and you get an achievement)

I must have missed that, I don't remember no Glams.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 26, 2011, 03:42:13 pm »

Is there a NewGamePlus mode?

Also, is there any way to store inventory?
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 26, 2011, 03:42:41 pm »

I must have missed that, I don't remember no Glams.

If you kill the first Troll in the game (or whatever they are called) the Glam is stuck in a tree behind the moose it was eating.

Farseer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 26, 2011, 03:52:02 pm »

It's called "Gram", isn't it? :p

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 26, 2011, 03:58:32 pm »

It's called "Gram", isn't it? :p

Maybe.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 26, 2011, 04:35:19 pm »

So what are people's favorite spell combos so far?

Personally, I like cold and lightning.  Keep enemies frozen with earth + ice missiles and then destroy with lightning + arcane beams. 

If I'm getting swarmed by smaller enemies, I like to lay lightning mines with lightning + arcane + shield.  It sends everything flying.

If I'm having trouble keeping distance and the enemy can't be blown away by mines, I put up freezing walls with ice + earth + shield.

So far, fire seems mostly worthless.  Negligable status effect and damage both.  Earth + fire missiles are great for blowing up bomb carriers, though.

Note:  I've mostly played challenge modes.  I'm saving adventure for coop with my wife.

Also, have you guys noticed you can put spell effects on your sword?  Select your elements, and then shift+left click.  Then swing sword to produce effect.  Do it with shield, and get a taste of tron. :D
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 26, 2011, 04:43:32 pm »

Has anyone managed to successfully get online multiplayer working? I tried it last night with 2 friends and it worked a bit wrong. Namely:
-Whoever was the server sounded like an automaton on TeamSpeak (it lagged it up somehow).
Multiplayer uses a lot of upstream bandwidth for the server, something like 30-40kb/s per player. They need to fix that, not even TF2 that is a FPS uses that much.
Got the person with the highest up speed to host and it works wonderful! Though we were fortunate, since only he's got 1024kb/s while we're stuck with 50kb/s. Thanks for the tip!
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 45