Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 45

Author Topic: Magicka 2: Learn to spell.....AGAIN. Research before you buy.  (Read 88376 times)

YouR_DooM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magicka - I don my Wizzard's hat and robe
« Reply #615 on: July 19, 2011, 11:26:08 am »

I'd love to join a session later tonight, around 9pm. I'm in Italy, so GMT+2 ( i.e. CET ).
Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the Plant Reed Fibre Thread Technology!

amjh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: July 19, 2011, 11:44:23 am »

Okay, so trying around 7pm GMT, who will host? Anyone else joining?
The truly amazing thing for me here is that a 6 page thread can be created of exceedingly high quality, simply because a group of manic depressive, schizophrenic midgets were able to milk a cow.
Argblarg 5 am not all tiles are done what the

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: July 19, 2011, 12:40:28 pm »

20 minutes? Sounds good to me, someone else is probably better off hosting though, I suck at making it work
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Rebecca Black

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: July 19, 2011, 12:53:06 pm »

I'll join if there's room.

amjh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: July 19, 2011, 01:09:13 pm »

So, if I got it all correct, we have four players and everyone will be around in an hour? If no-one else does, I'll try hosting the game, but I'm not sure how well it'll work since I haven't tried hosting yet.
The truly amazing thing for me here is that a 6 page thread can be created of exceedingly high quality, simply because a group of manic depressive, schizophrenic midgets were able to milk a cow.
Argblarg 5 am not all tiles are done what the

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: July 19, 2011, 01:11:44 pm »

I'll host then, Game will be called OMGWTFDOGSTILE or something along those lines. Password will be BAY12

Dogstile is my steam ID, i'll put it up now and wait around, add and message me on steam

Edit: That's weird, just getting a black screen when I open the game. Ugh, i'll try and sort it

Edit edit: If I press escape it comes up, very faintly if I want to exit the game, so i'm assuming its turned its brightness way down. Ugh, THIS WORKED LAST TIME I PLAYED IT

Edit: FIXED IT
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 01:24:43 pm by dogstile »
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.

YouR_DooM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: July 19, 2011, 01:36:37 pm »

I'll be on in 30 mins... your_doom on steam, i'm in the DF community.
Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the Plant Reed Fibre Thread Technology!

Rebecca Black

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: July 19, 2011, 01:51:34 pm »

Well, that was...
Interesting.

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: July 19, 2011, 01:52:20 pm »

So this is going well, authentication failed?

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: June 20, 2012, 07:22:16 pm »

Hardcore necro post, but hey I played this recently and it was fun.  A friend and I played a game and had a blast, especially with the new outfits + weapons they've added.  They actually have a Space Marine character now with a gun that shoots explosions.  And of course, Magicka has had one DLC pack after another, but I haven't gotten any of those.  The shield spell combinations have gotten a change, now it's a bit more obvious when someone has a shield on.  Earth and Ice shields now turn into armor.  I especially like the Ice shield, although it does make you incredibly weak to fire.

So yeah, anyone who's got this game still.  Load it up, patch it up, play with a friend and have fun blowing each other to pieces.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: June 20, 2012, 07:25:34 pm »

You can usually get the whole list of DLC's for really cheap during a Steam sale. There should be one coming up soon, if history is any indication. I haven't heard much about the newer ones though.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #626 on: June 20, 2012, 07:34:00 pm »

Man, last time I tried to play this online, nobody was there. I managed to join precisely one arena game with 2 other people. The host lost connection 3 minutes after we started though so that was it, 3 minutes of multiplayer.

I'm really looking forward to playing with more people. As fun as the game seems, it isn't anything special really when flying solo.

Also, 5 stacks of Earth, charge fully, and launch. Overpowered as fuck. Or if you play with the Tron robe (immune to heal, heals from lightning) you can just keep casting lightning + shield to lock yourself within a cage of electricity. Enemies get close, they die. You run to the walls of the cage, you get insane healing. Or just soak yourself with water, then cast lightning for quick n' easy (and strong) heals.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: June 20, 2012, 07:37:22 pm »

I thought they just had a sale recently though?

Also, 5 stacks of Earth, charge fully, and launch. Overpowered as fuck.
One of the enemies in the main game (the dwarven priest I think) can cast this spell with very little charge up time, and it's ridiculous. Not to mention he has a lightning shield so the 'most effective' beam spell doesn't work on him.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: June 20, 2012, 08:12:20 pm »

When I played the best spell for PvP was something along hte lines of ice ice lightning arcane on your weapon.  The line of spikes it shot out was basically a guaranteed kill if you got a direct hit, they wouldn't be able to get out of it before they died.
Shoes...

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: June 20, 2012, 10:52:42 pm »

I picked up almost all the DLC for ridiculously cheap not too long ago.  Still haven't beat the original game.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 45