Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 45

Author Topic: Magicka 2: Learn to spell.....AGAIN. Research before you buy.  (Read 88380 times)

Journier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magicka - I don my Wizzard's hat and robe
« Reply #585 on: March 03, 2011, 08:56:55 am »

whats amusing right now is that, magicka will probably be Paradox's highest selling game ever, and Paradox will rush in to sell its own home made version.
Aurora 4x Steam group -http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791430952164

Aurora 4x Succession game - http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=51366.0

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: April 12, 2011, 10:43:10 pm »

So, yeah. Bumpity bump bump, Magicka Vietnam is out.

Anyone interested in a game? If memory serves, if the host owns the DLC, anyone can play it in co-op. And unless somebody fiddled around with the ports when I wasn't looking, I can host!  ;)

And damn, this new mission is surprisingly hard. Machine guns count as physical attacks, so personal shields are a no-no. Similarly, everything has a ranged attack! (which, in turn, cripples those overpowered beam spells, since standing out in the open to channel one is bad:P )

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: April 13, 2011, 03:41:22 am »

If they ever get around to fixing the issue with GTX 460s and related cards (someone with a GTX 450 or somesuch reported having the same problem as everyone else with GTX 460s), I might actually buy their add-on pack. But if not, then I'm not going to bother. It's too much of a hassle to have to restart my computer (or log off of windows and back on) every time I want to play Magicka.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: April 13, 2011, 12:21:19 pm »

Played an arena vietnam game with some guy, cause the other people dropped out.

Pretty damn fun. Its actually really dangerous to try to cast napalm and stuff out in the open.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: June 21, 2011, 11:28:58 pm »

DYK: Versus mode was just released, with about 4 DLCs to accompany it, and there's a fifth DLC, the bathrobe DLC, that came with the 80 dollar bathrobe.

Anybody up for a versus mode?
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: June 22, 2011, 12:20:40 am »

I was wondering when someone would bring this up.  I'm torn between crpg and this.  Need more free time :(
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: June 22, 2011, 10:55:36 am »

How does verses play? Are all the OP spells in?

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: June 22, 2011, 04:47:42 pm »

You can't disable element +right click combos, but things like napalm are at the room creator's discretion.

Also, there was some rebalancing in the way some elements work. For example Shield + [Ice/Earth] no longer renders you immobile.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Koja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: June 23, 2011, 12:08:07 am »

*cough* Magicka is 3.50 right now on greenmangaming.

Just thought i'd put that out there, for the other cheap folks out there.
~~<BR>"Zombie fish have the added benefit of not needing to breath. Thus they can wade out of the water with little to fear but bigger zombie fish" -Willfor

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: June 23, 2011, 03:58:15 am »

How does verses play? Are all the OP spells in?

All the standard OP spells are in, but they don't work as well as you'd expect.

Take the standard QFASA steam arcane lightning beam, for example. It destroyed pretty much anything in the campaign, but in it's surprisingly ineffective against an intelligent opponent. Partly because immunity auras last longer, but also because you can just cast a shield in their general direction and deflect  their beam. If you're lucky it will even cross itself, killing them instantly.

I played some with a friend last night, and we found that the most broken spell is the multiple earth combo. After charging it for a second it's basically a one-hit-kill that can be cast across the map, with no immunity aura against it. Your only chance is well-timed shield spells.

Also: the RPG is hilariously broken, it's basically a rock blast without the charge time. :D It's not a problem since you can turn it off, though.
Entropy is not what it used to be.

RF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: June 23, 2011, 04:55:18 am »

Earth spell: Remember that if you cast it and then press the "wind" (or whatever it's called, air blast?) button, you can give it a bit of extra "oomph". I used this to kill lone targets with a single earth spell without charging.

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: June 23, 2011, 06:15:16 am »

Earth spell: Remember that if you cast it and then press the "wind" (or whatever it's called, air blast?) button, you can give it a bit of extra "oomph". I used this to kill lone targets with a single earth spell without charging.

Oh, that's useful. I knew you can reflect/deflect rocks with it, but it's incredibly difficult due to the speed of the rocks (I actually managed to turn around a RPG by pure chance yesterday, it became hilariously slow after being turned around).
Entropy is not what it used to be.

Rebecca Black

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: June 26, 2011, 05:07:16 pm »

So, I was thinking about getting this game, but the demo is lagging for me.
Does the actual game run smoother than the demo?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: June 26, 2011, 05:07:55 pm »

Depends on your hardware. If the demo is running poorly for you after all these updates, chances are the main game will too.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: June 26, 2011, 05:54:37 pm »

So, I was thinking about getting this game, but the demo is lagging for me.
Does the actual game run smoother than the demo?

Try lowering your resolution, for some reason, Magicka is really sensitive to it. Made all my lagging problems go away.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 45