Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 45

Author Topic: Magicka 2: Learn to spell.....AGAIN. Research before you buy.  (Read 88481 times)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Re: Magicka - I don my Wizzard's hat and robe
« Reply #390 on: February 02, 2011, 10:10:34 pm »

Cold+Arcane beam is a good way to deal with big slow enemies.

ASRRR
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: February 02, 2011, 10:15:14 pm »

Ok, what the fuck is with these fucking grenade trolls?
Fucking serious.
I mean, this game is amazing and I love it, but those fucking trolls with guns are way to overpowered. I just can't counter them!
You're gonna be tearing your hair out when you get to the yetis.
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: February 02, 2011, 10:16:08 pm »

Ok, what the fuck is with these fucking grenade trolls?
Fucking serious.
I mean, this game is amazing and I love it, but those fucking trolls with guns are way to overpowered. I just can't counter them!
You're gonna be tearing your hair out when you get to the yetis.
Ayup

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: February 02, 2011, 11:29:39 pm »

I'm just downloading it.

Reminds me a lot of Castle Crashers.

I showed the demo my DF skills by drowning as soon as I saw water. Then frying myself...then killing myself with an arcane fireboulder...
Everybody!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: February 02, 2011, 11:36:36 pm »

****ing Yetis.

That is all.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: February 03, 2011, 07:00:56 am »

I haven't gotten to your woes. We got to chapter 4(my friend stealing ALL the good weapons) and then I dc's a bunch. The last druid fight WOULD have been the first difficult one, but jammies that we are we both had Gnarled staffs and, well, we made an army.

Again, it's really fun. You can grief your friends too.
Like with lightning bolt. Over and Over and Over...
Everybody!

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: February 03, 2011, 07:20:59 am »

The problem is that most players are really loose with their abilities and don't try to use finess at all because of how easy it is to cast resurection.

Wait what? there is a resurrect spell? :/ I really need to check what spells I have...
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Moddan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: February 03, 2011, 08:06:28 am »

Triple electrocharged steam rays are the quickest way to get rid of non-wet targets imo. Arcane makes it a ray, the steam part gets them wet and then the 3 lightning charges deal doubled damage.

q-f-s-a-a-a
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 08:09:19 am by Moddan »

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: February 03, 2011, 12:27:21 pm »

Triple electrocharged steam rays are the quickest way to get rid of non-wet targets imo. Arcane makes it a ray, the steam part gets them wet and then the 3 lightning charges deal doubled damage.

q-f-s-a-a-a

I find that this is just the easiest general way of killing things. When you have all magicks there are several more effective strategies, depending on target(s). Goblins? Just cast a conflagration and they will lose 90% of their HP to initial damage and fire-damage-over-time will kill them in roughly a second. A map with drops? water + arcane will push anything lighter than an orc, for heavier things, use 5x water either in standard or AoE cast. Daemons Skuggfisk? for larger ones, use lightning bolt, for the small ones, use ice + shield + arcane + lightning, AoE cast since it kills them even when 'phased out'. Yetis? Get them wet, freeze them, them blast them with charged 5x earth. Run the hell away, preferably while invisible. Cold then 5x charged earth is pretty effective overall as well. Finally, gotta love rain and blizzard, especially blizzard. Cold shield then blizzard ftw! :D

Of course the steam-lightning beam is pretty much the go-to weapon on maps that are set inside a building or cave. I always miss the screen-wide magicks in them.
Entropy is not what it used to be.

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: February 03, 2011, 01:34:43 pm »

Hmm, charged earth eh?

Reminds me, I got cornered on one map, so my freind earthblasted me. Sent m flying over a ravine into an area you can't usually get to.
Everybody!

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: February 03, 2011, 02:54:28 pm »

Thanks for the tips, guys.
I was angry about that because I had died a shit ton to one of them just outside Khan's castle, and I was starting to get a headache.
The kind that make you blind for a bit.
It took me ten minutes to post that post.

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: February 03, 2011, 03:01:37 pm »

Ok, my friend isn't online but I want to play... i'm at an impasse!

I'll do it, I need practice

Oh, which reminds me (somehow),Muffin - is that avatar a cutebold? Because if it is you win an award for having the best name AND the best avatar. Ever.
Everybody!

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: February 03, 2011, 03:22:19 pm »

It is indeed a cutebold.
Thank you.

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: February 03, 2011, 09:46:07 pm »

Mm..

Can anyone help me with something? Y'know in Ch4 where the town is under siege? Well whenever the gate blows I get disconnected. Every single time.

Don't know how it is for games I host though, but it got annoying.
Everybody!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: February 04, 2011, 04:43:34 pm »

So last night, one of my friends who isn't what I would call an RPG gamer, or even a casual gamer, discovered something amazing in Magicka.

Rock spam. That's right, you heard me, rock spam.

Hit rock, cast. Hit rock, cast. Hit rock, cast. Do it as fast as you can.

The result is something like a short-range shotgun blast of rock pebbles. Sometimes you cue up an extra earth and throw a slightly larger boulder in with the smaller ones. All the pebbles bounce off the guys they hit, and hit other guys.

Using this, my friend basically waded into hordes of guys and rock spammed his brains out, turning waves of guys into pulped hamburger. When the three of us lined up to do it, even big guys were torn apart in seconds.

I swear we must have laughed for 3 minutes straight when he started doing it.

Can anyone help me with something? Y'know in Ch4 where the town is under siege? Well whenever the gate blows I get disconnected. Every single time.

We experienced this last night, too. And literally the last patch before, we got through that area fine without crashes. So I think it's something they did on their end.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 04:47:14 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 45