Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Question: how do I order all my dwarves inside?  (Read 605 times)

m1k3y4e7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Question: how do I order all my dwarves inside?
« on: September 01, 2010, 01:47:07 pm »

I have just recently gotten around to upgrading to DF2010, but I cannot seem to order all my dwarves in! I am paused at this moment, as there is a siege about to happen. please tell me how, and quickly!
If I had a monkey, I would borrow my moms sewing machine and make my monkey a little monkey suit. Then if anyone said "Thats not a real monkey, it's just a monkey suit, I can see the zipper", I could say "I bet you fifty dollars it is a real monkey" and when they said "that seems like a reasonable bet, you are on", my monkey would take off the monkey suit and they would have to pay me fifty dollars.

SpuneDagr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Question: how do I order all my dwarves inside?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010, 01:52:15 pm »

There is no longer a way to order all your dwarves "inside," like you used to do. Instead you must designate a burrow, and tell civilians to stay in that burrow during an alert - in the military screen. The new method is less straight-forward, but much more flexible.

claer_runway

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2010, 05:52:50 pm »

do not question toady, who in his infinite wisdom has denied us the right to order all our dwarves inside, and instead forcing us to use burrows.
You can't program common sense.

like Skies of Arcadia?:
http://www.youtube.com/user/clearrunway

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2010, 06:50:09 pm »

But with burrows you can also order your dwarves to all go outside8)

* krenshala steps back to searching through forum posts for info on getting the military set up and how to use the military screen(s) properly ...

(Haven't used them myself yet, but I'm going to need to figure it out shortly, I'm sure ;))

Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

orbcontrolled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2010, 08:49:12 pm »

do not question toady, who in his infinite wisdom has denied us the right to order all our dwarves inside, and instead forcing us to use burrows.
Come on, it's not like that ever really worked anyway. I certainly don't miss the days of using a utility to hack the "aboveground" status of a hallway, or mass forbidding 30 levels of ground, or any of the other stuff we had to do to prevent the infamous entrance dance.
Compared to that, burrows are a piece of cake.