Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Outpost liason disappearing  (Read 461 times)

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
Outpost liason disappearing
« on: September 01, 2010, 11:05:11 am »

Hey,
I've noticed that as soon as my civ's outpost liaison leaves the map, he disappears in the civilization screen. Is this a bug?
Also, I've met or exceeded the requirements mentioned on the wiki for a barony, but I aren't getting one, has that bug been squashed?

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
Re: Outpost liason disappearing
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010, 11:23:42 am »

Yes, it's a bug, and it happens with all civilization members - upon leaving the map, any member of any civilization (including Human and Goblin) with a special position (be it Outpost Liaison, Law-giver, General, etc.) will lose that position upon stepping off the map edge. It's the main reason you get new liaisons/diplomats every year.

As for not getting a baron, there's another bug - basically, you need to prevent your expedition leader/mayor from starting the meeting with the liaison until after the entire caravan has left the map (ideally by giving him a lever to repeatedly pull, though locking him in his bedroom is probably also a good idea in case he decides to go On Break and start the meeting anyways). You'll need to do this in order to appoint a baron, again to promote the baron to count, and yet again to promote the count to duke.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 11:26:12 am by Quietust »
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2010, 11:29:06 am »

Thanks Quietust. Also, I only seem to be getting migrant waves Only every spring, even though my civ is alive. They are generally around the size of 20.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 11:36:21 am by Cheese »

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2010, 02:40:03 pm »

That's also consistent with what I've been getting with my own fort - the dwarven caravan arrives, I talk to the liaison, and then I get a wave of about 20 migrants in mid-Spring. I'm currently at about 160 population, working my way to 200.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.