Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: "quaint sensibilities"  (Read 2216 times)

lolghurt

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:failures]
    • View Profile
"quaint sensibilities"
« on: September 01, 2010, 08:16:20 am »

If I piss off the elf liaison, will I still get elf caravans until I start a siege with the elves?
Quote from: acetech09 date=1343968486
It's probably made from baby bone, with a handle of baby leather. Probably uses the leg bones wound together for the handle, the pelvis for the handle/pick joint, and the pick is the spine.

But that's all in theory, of course. Not like I've made a pick out of my own 5 month old baby before.

Shurikane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.shurikane.com
Re: "quaint sensibilities"
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010, 08:20:55 am »

The elves?  Are you kidding me?  :D  I can destroy their entire caravans for 10 years straight and they just come back asking for more.

lolghurt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2010, 08:26:45 am »

The elves?  Are you kidding me?  :D  I can destroy their entire caravans for 10 years straight and they just come back asking for more.
good, cos they're asking me to reduce my wood stockpile to 100. from 1100.
It's probably made from baby bone, with a handle of baby leather. Probably uses the leg bones wound together for the handle, the pelvis for the handle/pick joint, and the pick is the spine.

But that's all in theory, of course. Not like I've made a pick out of my own 5 month old baby before.

Zaik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2010, 08:43:27 am »

Yeah don't bother, I've been stealing from them for years and they cry me a river and come back next year with more free booze and food. And stupid wooden armor that nobody in their right mind would ever use.
[MILL_CHILD:ONLY_IF_GOOD_REASON]

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2010, 08:52:24 am »

Welcome to the world of Fun. :D
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

lolghurt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2010, 09:59:47 am »

If only the dorf who threw the lever got the drowns added to their kill count. then we would have a new kind of FUN

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2010, 10:06:07 am »

If only the dorf who threw the lever got the drowns added to their kill count. then we would have a new kind of FUN
Hm. But if noble was told to pull a lever inside his bedroom that floods this bedroom with magma, will he get himself on his kill count?...

claer_runway

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2010, 10:12:10 am »

i have a policy of never trading with the elves. I always kill them or deconstruct the depot. and i cut down as many trees as possible.
You can't program common sense.

like Skies of Arcadia?:
http://www.youtube.com/user/clearrunway

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2010, 10:14:24 am »

When the elves arrive I simply pull the lever to raise my bridge and they cannot get in.

They have nothing I want.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2010, 10:33:26 am »

good, cos they're asking me to reduce my wood stockpile to 100. from 1100.

They aren't asking you to reduce your wood stockpile. They're asking you to cut down fewer trees - if you look in the civ screen, you can see the quota they negotiated with you, and cutting down a tree will update that quota (and possibly make it go negative).
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

lolghurt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2010, 10:40:06 am »

They aren't asking you to reduce your wood stockpile. They're asking you to cut down fewer trees - if you look in the civ screen, you can see the quota they negotiated with you, and cutting down a tree will update that quota (and possibly make it go negative).
What trees?

Tsarwash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2010, 12:02:52 pm »

I once had a wood stcokpile instead of a road out of my fortress. (easier to build.) Even though I agreed to their stupid demands, and stopped cutting down any trees as I had loads of wood, the diplomat still went away unhappy two years in a row. I have to put it down to them walking down that path of wood every time they came and went. Stupid pointy eared pr1cks. I should have mamga'd them to bones.
On the left a cannon which shoots dwarf children into the sun, on the right, a massive pit full of magma charred dwarfs and elves.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2010, 12:11:06 pm »

Er, diplomats only "leave unhappy" when they fail to meet with your expedition leader or mayor, whether due to said dwarf being too busy or too dead (or possibly being voted out of office in the case of mayors, which can happen very easily if the elves arrive in late Spring as mayor elections are held in early Summer).
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 12:12:41 pm by Quietust »
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

claer_runway

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2010, 01:24:05 pm »

They have nothing I want.

sun berries, dude. sun berries.
You can't program common sense.

like Skies of Arcadia?:
http://www.youtube.com/user/clearrunway

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2010, 01:47:15 pm »

also tame polar bears, logs, and giant eagles man.. GIANT EAGLES.
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku
Pages: [1] 2