Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: He made an ELVEN artifact boot!?!?  (Read 1780 times)

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
He made an ELVEN artifact boot!?!?
« on: September 01, 2010, 02:13:09 am »

I had a bunch of dwarves that were pretty useless as they were the rejects from the last migrant wave.The talented leatherworker migrant decides to make an artifact and he grabs giant ant chiten (Genesis Mod creature) and some Draltha leather, and starts working away on a....a....oh the suspen-

AN ELVEN BOOT!!?!??!?!?!!????

What should I do with this traitor?Drown him?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 02:25:49 am by Dwarf mc dwarf »

KojaK

• Bay Watcher
  • KojaK cancels job: interrupted by Dwarf Fortress
    • View Profile
Re: He made an ELVEN artifact boot!?!?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010, 02:23:05 am »

He's obviously a very short elf in a dwarf disguise.

But he can serve your purposes nicely...

Train him in the art of using spears. Make him the captain of your guard. Train him in a danger room, and fill that room with 3/7 water. Make him drink nothing but alcohol. Build wooden bins in a room separated by clear glass.

Slowly but surely, he'll be brainwashed. He'll think he's a dwarf. Constantly drunk, constantly being beaten and humiliated, constantly having to pretend to be a dwarf... he'll lose himself.

That's when you use him.

Make him your mayor. Then, the elfs will come to trade with you. Let him take the meeting with the diplomat.

Then order the kill.

Then send him after the traders. They should be no match. He'll walk up, not even a shell of his former self. The traders will know. They'll let him get close, offer him some cloth... then...

He strikes.

Congratulations. You now have an elven Manchurian candidate.

The perfect weapon.
Quote from: Airpi
A normal ballista does damage by piercing with overlarge arrows, a dwarven ballista does damage by crushing with entire trees.

They will run, naked, into the caverns and roll around in whatever nearby filth is available.  Watch for gory explosions.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2010, 02:26:46 am »

Oh my Armok...The elven boot is so dwarven!it has 2 different types of menacing spikes on it!

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2010, 04:16:23 am »

It's not exactly the fault of the dwarf but the game itself. When they're making a piece of gear or clothing in mood, the game apparently looks into all the possible selections even if they're something that the civ normally doesn't use. First time I found this out was when my kobold made an orkish steel glove. I don't know how it was orkish, probably it punched faster.

After finding it out I started to think that "hey, now there's a concept for a mod to use". Creating a lot of super-weapons and armor pieces that could only be reached by a mood. Too bad I was always too lazy and just used it for one mod in 40d.

I'm pretty sure though that even if they make an artifact that uses elf or whatever race gear as a base, dwarves can still wear it.

ledgekindred

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh Boy, Microcline
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2010, 10:22:01 am »

First time I found this out was when my kobold made an orkish steel glove. I don't know how it was orkish, probably it punched faster.

Did it menace with more dakka?
I don't understand, though that is about right with anything DF related.
I just hope he dies the same death that all dwarfs deserve: liver disease.
The legend of Reg: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=65866.0
Atir Stigildegel, Legless Hero of Diamondrelic: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=83136.0

KojaK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2010, 10:53:42 am »

Oah love dah sound of me shoota, don you?!
A normal ballista does damage by piercing with overlarge arrows, a dwarven ballista does damage by crushing with entire trees.

They will run, naked, into the caverns and roll around in whatever nearby filth is available.  Watch for gory explosions.

claer_runway

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2010, 12:05:29 pm »

you know what sucks? getting artifact blowguns. dwarves cant manufacture the ammo, so it is utterly worthless. a perfect weapon, redered useless by dwarfs refusal to make darts.
You can't program common sense.

like Skies of Arcadia?:
http://www.youtube.com/user/clearrunway

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2010, 01:24:30 pm »

It might be possible to add the blowdart ammo tag to the dwarf entity in the middle of a game. It works for reactions at least.

Also I challenge genesis mod users to make an elf leather elf boot.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

AtomicPaperclip

• Bay Watcher
  • Who names their kid dagger anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2010, 01:26:17 pm »

you know what sucks? getting artifact blowguns. dwarves cant manufacture the ammo, so it is utterly worthless. a perfect weapon, redered useless by dwarfs refusal to make darts.

If you savescum to after he claimed the workshop you'll get a bow, crossbow, or blowgun the second time around. Also works for getting different kinds of furniture (If your mason makes a bucket, you can try again and get a floor hatch or a statue)
Dear Toady: Keep up the good work man, we appreciate you and the game beyond words.

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2010, 01:36:51 pm »

If you savescum to after he claimed the workshop you'll get a bow, crossbow, or blowgun the second time around. Also works for getting different kinds of furniture (If your mason makes a bucket, you can try again and get a floor hatch or a statue)

or you could just make the BEST WELL EVER.
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku

KojaK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2010, 01:47:03 pm »

Especially if the bucket is made out of pitchblende. XD

ledgekindred

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh Boy, Microcline
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2010, 03:10:31 pm »

or you could just make the BEST WELL EVER.

Don't laugh, I had an Artifact mechanism and an Artifact bucket in one fort.  I did make The Best Damn Well EVER.  My dwarves were all ridiculously happy.

(Seriously, what the hell else would you do with either one of those, much less both...)
I don't understand, though that is about right with anything DF related.
I just hope he dies the same death that all dwarfs deserve: liver disease.
The legend of Reg: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=65866.0
Atir Stigildegel, Legless Hero of Diamondrelic: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=83136.0

sjaakwortel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2010, 03:25:22 pm »

add an golden artifact chain and you have my current well
Quote from: Greep on May 08, 2010, 07:55:20 pm
do dwarves move any slower when using the stairs?
Compared to falling? Yes.

Kidsta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2010, 03:38:05 pm »

Destroy the boot and every square and every dwarf it touches. You cannot allow it to taint your fortress and the world around it.

And reserve a very special destruction for the creator.

OcelotTango

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2010, 04:51:15 pm »

I had a well like that back up with the blood of dwarves once dead, and vomit. Turns out it was just bad pluming, but I still blame it on ghosts.
Pages: [1] 2