Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarf cancels job: Interrupted by.... dwarf?  (Read 610 times)

AdeleneDawner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarf cancels job: Interrupted by.... dwarf?
« on: September 01, 2010, 12:37:33 am »

No, not a mixed-race goblin attack. It appears that one of my dwarves is now an enemy of my civilization, and he's scaring all the others.

How did that happen? And is there anything for it but to station him in the incinerator?
Dying (ceasing to be alive) is also not a Moodable skill. Even totally unskilled Dwarves seem to do it correctly.

KojaK

• Bay Watcher
  • KojaK cancels job: interrupted by Dwarf Fortress
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf cancels job: Interrupted by.... dwarf?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010, 12:44:29 am »

Careful mate... I've.... heard things.... terrible things... talk of a...

-leans in closer-

Loyalty Cascade.

-sits back in chair-

<o>_<>

Any that attack your rebel dwarf be called a 'traitor'. Any who attack him, be called the same. Your military will attack any traitors, becoming traitors in turn. Then they will seek out any who have yet to turn.

Aye. Your fort may not survive.
Quote from: Airpi
A normal ballista does damage by piercing with overlarge arrows, a dwarven ballista does damage by crushing with entire trees.

They will run, naked, into the caverns and roll around in whatever nearby filth is available.  Watch for gory explosions.

AdeleneDawner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2010, 12:51:38 am »

Well, bugger. Would that apply to pulling the lever to drop him into the magma, too?

He seems peaceful so far, other than my remaining dwarves being frightened of him. Maybe I can station him in a tunnel and wall him in?
Dying (ceasing to be alive) is also not a Moodable skill. Even totally unskilled Dwarves seem to do it correctly.

thijser

• Bay Watcher
  • You to cut down a tree in order to make an axe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2010, 01:20:25 am »

Or maybe he is going insane.
I'm not a native English speaker. Feel free to point out grammar/spelling mistakes. This way I can learn better English.

Lemunde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2010, 01:25:07 am »

Have you tried a cage trap?

AdeleneDawner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2010, 01:45:58 am »

I have him walled into an old iron vein, now, so I think I'm going to be ok. I could try putting a cage trap or two in with him, For Science, but the problem seems to be solved.

I think this is a pretty standard Loyalty Spiral situation - my most recent dwarven caravan got mugged by goblins, with one llama and one trader surviving, both of which were insane. I'd sent one of my squads to put the llama down, and this guy seems to have been close enough to do so before the rest of his squad got there - I haven't gotten any cancel-spam since he was stationed in the vein, at least.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 01:49:20 am by AdeleneDawner »