Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12

Author Topic: Ptah's Ark - Another Crafting Game (Day 1, World 5, Cycle 1) (SIGNUPS AVAILABLE)  (Read 15378 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ptah's Ark - Another Crafting Game (Day 1, World 2, Cycle 1)
« Reply #60 on: September 08, 2010, 07:38:52 pm »

That sounds okay. But why waste coins? Let us just keep a running tally.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 08, 2010, 08:42:56 pm »

oh, whoever got the special thing, i am willing to change my action to refining it, then giving you the special thing that came out of it, or if i don't the normal thing that was in it.
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 08, 2010, 09:32:50 pm »

You mean the aurora gems? You are welcome to one. Although one thing I am not sure of is
influence for gathered items is awarded only once for each type of item
because then it seems that well I get barely anything for such a great roll the crafters will still get a huge amount out my stuff. This game already heavily favors the crafters and this will only make the difference between us and them more stark.

On the other hand about 2 metric crap tons of influence is too much. Maybe a system where you you take a percentage ( I am thinking 10%) of the Quantity and divide the influence by that. That way I would get 185 influence which seems more in line with two crits then 101 or 1852

Edit: It also appears that our group inventory is heavily outdated.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 09:41:23 pm by Criptfeind »

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 08, 2010, 11:38:38 pm »

*derp* Inventory. Duh. Knew I forgot something. I'll update later this evening.

You mean the aurora gems? You are welcome to one. Although one thing I am not sure of is
influence for gathered items is awarded only once for each type of item
because then it seems that well I get barely anything for such a great roll the crafters will still get a huge amount out my stuff. This game already heavily favors the crafters and this will only make the difference between us and them more stark.

On the other hand about 2 metric crap tons of influence is too much. Maybe a system where you you take a percentage ( I am thinking 10%) of the Quantity and divide the influence by that. That way I would get 185 influence which seems more in line with two crits then 101 or 1852

Edit: It also appears that our group inventory is heavily outdated.
Ah. Sorry, I'm kinda new to this. What about 10% of quantity gathered times 50% of the quality roll? Does that sound balanced?
くコ:彡

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 09, 2010, 07:05:16 am »

Hummm. It sounds... okay... a bit high though. That would be around 500 for two crits.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 09, 2010, 11:54:08 pm »

What if there was a maximum award of 250 influence?

Also, I bloody hate my computer. It crashed again. I'll try to crank out an update in the half-hour or so I have.

EDIT: DAAAGH. Halfway done, but I've run out of time. Update will happen in about six hours.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 12:33:30 am by Zaerosz »

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 10, 2010, 10:56:07 am »

Spoiler: New World (click to show/hide)

wolfchild: Sarin, Crafter
whoever got the special thing, i am willing to change my action to refining it, then giving you the special thing that came out of it, or if i don't the normal thing that was in it
Attempt roll: 60 + 20 + 1 = 81

Jorn asks you to take a look at one of the gem fragments he found. Concentrating deeply, you try to discern what it is that's so unusual about this gem. Something about the shifting colours...unnerves you. You give it a psychic poke and go temporarily blind.

When you regain your sight, the gem is no longer colourful, and has in fact turned completely black. You can't even see a reflection in it. Disappointed, Jorn takes the gem back from you.
(Jorn) -1 unusual aurora-like gem
+41 refining exp
(Jorn) +1 deep black gem !base influence 30!

Spoiler: Details (click to show/hide)

thunderclan: Fireheart, Crafter
Gather
Attempt roll: 63 - 30 = 33

You step out of the ship and are immediately accosted by what appears to be a swarm of glowing flies. Upon closer inspection, the flies seem to be made of lightning. On closer closer inspection, they look... very dangerous. You slowly back away and return to the ship.
+17 gathering exp

Criptfeind: Jorn, Gatherer
I drop my stuff into the group inventory and go out gathering.
Attempt roll: 33 + 20 + 1 = 54
Quality roll: 37
Quantity roll: 90

You saw Fireheart being accosted by that swarm of lightning flies before, and decided they looked fairly interesting. You rush out into the field and, just as expected, get swarmed. Catching them in a power bubble, you congratulate yourself on your ingenuity as you juggle around a ball of what may well be some of the most dangerous insects ever. Really, maybe you should stop shaking them.
+27 gather exp
+1 jar of lightning flies (20) !base influence 50!

LAAT501legion: LAAT, Gatherer
Gather
Attempt roll: 50 + 20 = 70
Quality roll: 71
Quantity roll: 8

Deciding to actually do what you were trained to do, you go out in search of... things. Wandering out into the desert, you dredge up a large scoop of black sand and raw glass.
+35 gathering exp
+20kg black sand !base influence 3/kg!
+2kg raw glass !base influence 10/kg!

RAM: Ramington, Trader
I drop my stuff into the group inventory and go out gathering.
Attempt roll: 62 - 10 = 52
Quality roll: 6
Quantity roll: 86 (...huh.)

Plonking your stuff into the hold, you step out of the ship and wander into the desert. Getting bored, you extract some iron out of the sand and make crude lightning rods.

Suddenly, an idea strikes you. Shortly afterwards, so does lightning. Or rather, it would have if not for your network of lightning rods capturing it long enough for you to seal it up. You know how those plasma globes make your hair stand on end when you touch them? This is like that times 10000, with the added bonus of being powerful enough to power a small city for a week.
+26 gather exp
+7 iron rods !base influence 25 each!
+1 lightning sphere !base influence 45!

Dwarmin: Desmond Blue, Peasant
I must GATHER
Attempt roll: 84
Quality roll: 24
Quantity roll: 70

You noticed some odd dips in the ground when you landed here, and now you've decided to check them out.

Apparently this planet is home to some rather scruffy-looking giant moles. Lucky you. You yoink a breeding pair.
+42 gathering exp
+2 giant moles (1M, 1F) !base influence 20 each!

Spoiler: Group inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Comments (click to show/hide)
[/quote]

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
Re: Ptah's Ark - Another Crafting Game (Day 2, World 2, Cycle 1)
« Reply #67 on: September 10, 2010, 11:20:29 am »

Claim the final log, 2 geode fragments, 1 of the unusual gems and the sack of green sand.

Then melt the sand down into molten glass.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 10, 2010, 11:21:56 am »

Hmm...Giant moles! I hope I don't have to feed them. You know. :)
Also, I don't think the below action violates the rules. I'm *modifying* sentient life, not creating it. Woot?

Claim 10 (more or less if needed) multicolored geode fragments and attempt to infuse them into the moles, turning them into living creatures composed of that mineral

Also, Look below! Anybody can take it, except you crafters!

Desmond's Trading Offers
1. Ornamental teak tree with soil base, !base influence 101!
Cost=Free to buy, then 50% of whatever the final price it is sold for. Item MUST be sold as soon as it is taken.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 11:41:02 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 10, 2010, 12:03:38 pm »

'course it doesn't break the rules! One guy in Haika's game, I think it was, had hollow bear cubs and crabs with lasers running around!

LAAT501legion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 10, 2010, 01:55:48 pm »

Gather
This isn't reality.
THIS IS DWARF FORTRESS!!
*kicks an elf into the pit*
Roll to be a BATTLE WIZARD

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 10, 2010, 03:11:59 pm »

What if there was a maximum award of 250 influence?

A max does not really work that well because then if you get like three crits you are still getting the same as two or even one crit.

Given the options put forward
What about 10% of quantity gathered times 50% of the quality roll? Does that sound balanced?
sounds the best.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 10, 2010, 03:21:12 pm »

Whoops, Sorry Criptfiend

Claim the sand

Craft sand into a glass drinking horn shape, with the end curling up, with a hole in it that empties into the oppening
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 10, 2010, 05:39:49 pm »

Maybe crits could increase the maximum. Meh, I haven't really been paying attention to how this is scored...

I will just drop my load and go out gathering again, I can't stop when so close to a skill increase!
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 10, 2010, 08:41:54 pm »

Whoops, Sorry Criptfiend

Claim the sand

Craft sand into a glass drinking horn shape, with the end curling up, with a hole in it that empties into the oppening
Assuming you mean the green sand, thunderclan already claimed that. If you mean the black sand, please specify how much - I won't let you use 20kg of sand just to make a fancy drinking doodad.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12