Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12

Author Topic: Ptah's Ark - Another Crafting Game (Day 1, World 5, Cycle 1) (SIGNUPS AVAILABLE)  (Read 15362 times)

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile

Yeah, that's what we call stack-splitting. It's not new, it happened in the first game too. Also, it lets other people use it without having to ask for permission. Finally, I invoke Rule Zero.
くコ:彡

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I blow all my influence on buying trading equipment. (An expensive-looking trunk that looks as though it contains something valuable, a trustworthyness badge, hypnotic sunglasses, that sort of thing...)
I grab 1 ever-molten bowl of liquid glass !base influence 90! and 4 multicoloured geode fragments !base influence 36 each!.
Then I'll charge out and try to gather some of those Flame beasties again.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

LAAT501legion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, that's what we call stack-splitting. It's not new, it happened in the first game too. Also, it lets other people use it without having to ask for permission. Finally, I invoke Rule Zero.
Ok, but you could ask before doing it?
This isn't reality.
THIS IS DWARF FORTRESS!!
*kicks an elf into the pit*
Roll to be a BATTLE WIZARD

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You cannot craft with something unless you break up its stack. You can only have 10 items in your inventory at a time, so you must drop something in order to stop something else falling into group inventory.
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile

If RAM is willing to do a trading run, give him my sunset rock, and my recursive drinking horn to do it

Craft A Geode Fragment into a highly polished sphere
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I plan to do a trading run next turn, I can still trade if I get lost trying to gather, can't I?
Read the First Post!

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile

Yep, but only if you have the stuff to trade on you, so take those two items from me now anyway
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I gather.

LAAT501legion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You cannot craft with something unless you break up its stack. You can only have 10 items in your inventory at a time, so you must drop something in order to stop something else falling into group inventory.
Ok, then I will grab 2kg of black sand, drop the rest of the sand on the group inventory, and make a sand statue.(I have maked a water statue, so why not ?)
This isn't reality.
THIS IS DWARF FORTRESS!!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Awesome, I will take a beautiful red garnet recursive drinking horn !base influence 83! and a beautiful polished sunset rock !base influence 175!
Read the First Post!

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Still waiting on Dwarmin.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll leave the update until tomorrow afternoon - too bloody tired right now.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler: New World (click to show/hide)

wolfchild: Sarin, Crafter
    Craft A Geode Fragment into a highly polished sphere
    Attempt roll: 73 + 20 = 93
    Quality roll: 71
    Influence roll: 14 + 71 + 18 (geode fragment) = 144

After handing over your sunset rock and drinking horn to Ramington, you wonder what you should do today. Deciding to try your luck with the gems again, you select another chunk - this one a deep translucent green - and set to work smoothing, poilishing and reshaping. Finally, you end up with a beautiful emerald sphere. However... you just aren't satisfied with it. You think for a minute... how to improve it?

With a flicker of inspiration, you have your answer. You create small cracks throughout the centre of the orb, and suddenly it glitters like a brilliant-cut diamond.
    +93 gemshaping exp (LEVEL UP)
    +1 brilliant emerald orb !base influence 144!

Spoiler: Details (click to show/hide)

Criptfeind: Jorn, Gatherer
    I will gather.
    Attempt roll: 95 + 20 + 2 - 10 (world penalty) = 107 (HOOOOOOOOOOLY CRAP.)
    Quality roll: 47
    Quantity roll: 86

After much mental preparation, you assert yourself, step through the door and promptly fall in a direction I'm not quite sure what to call. It seems to involve time, as you end up looking through your shoulder to see your ship flash into existence behind you. Seems you've got an extra day gathering. Lucky you! You put it to good use, gathering the strange webby substance from the crevasses you can see out of the back of your eyes. No, not your brain-cobwebs.

Shortly afterwards, you slip and fall...someway. Which happens to be towards the vortex. You grab some swirly blue as you fall, because why not? Somehow, you open your eyes and you're back in the ship. You decide not to think about anything too hard for a while.
    +54 gathering exp (LEVEL UP)
    +21 units of otherworldly webbing !base influence 24 each!
    +4 units of swirly blue !base influence 17 each!

LAAT501legion: LAAT, Gatherer
    I will grab 2kg of black sand, drop the rest of the sand on the group inventory, and make a sand statue.
    Attempt roll: 28 - 10 - 5 = 13

You decide to make a sculpture out of sand. How hard could it be? It's just like making a sandcastle!

Then you remember you were never any good at sandcastles either.
    +13 earthcrafting exp

RAM: Ramington, Trader
    I blow all my influence on buying trading equipment. I grab 1 ever-molten bowl of liquid glass !base influence 90! and 4 multicoloured geode fragments !base influence 36 each!.
    Then I'll charge out and try to gather some of those Flame beasties again.

Attempt roll: 89 + 1 - 10 - 10 (world penalty) - 5 (specific penalty) = 65
    Quality roll: 80
    Quantity roll: 51

Taking a few items from the hold, and buying a fancy briefcase from the ship, you set out to catch the flame creatures again. After staying in this mockery of nature for a day, you are much more accustomed to the oddities of this world - even if it means seeing your own livers from time to time - and are able to easily catch up with the nimble little beasts.
    +33 gathering exp
    +5 grey flame beings (biologically asexual) !base influence 40 each!

The Ark's maintenance systems have deducted 500 influence from Desmond Blue's account for continued refusal of duty. The Ark would like to remind you all that three consecutive turns of inactivity will result in removal from the current Cycle's roster.

Spoiler: Group inventory (click to show/hide)

Machine parts: 1

Spoiler: Comments (click to show/hide)
    « Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 08:57:46 pm by Zaerosz »

LAAT501legion

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile

I will grab 2kg of sand and  make a sand statue
    This isn't reality.
    THIS IS DWARF FORTRESS!!