Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Constructions leaving adjectiveless floor spaces  (Read 656 times)

Lightning4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Constructions leaving adjectiveless floor spaces
« on: December 02, 2007, 04:22:00 am »

I constructed a bunch of walls around a large area of my map and had them going in sort of a row like so:
code:

#####
#...#
#...#
#...#
#####

Where # are the walls, . are the empty space (larger than this actually)

This continued down through several z-levels.. Access was available from the sides to build. Basically, think a large "chasm" down the center of my fortress. I walled it up temporarily for an intentional cave-in to complete the chasm.

Afterwards, I removed the walls. Ordered them all removed at the same time. I'm guessing that through some means, the walls were either being removed at the same time, or some delay caused something weird, so somehow I was left with spots of " Floor" where the walls used to be.

They can be removed via "Remove Construction (n)", but this isn't really... desirable since the dwarves stand on the floors as they remove them :/

[ December 02, 2007: Message edited by: Lightning4 ]

Lightning4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Constructions leaving adjectiveless floor spaces
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2007, 05:34:00 am »

Additional chapter:
Removing the " Floor"s with remove construction leaves behind a silt loam floor. Going to see what happens if I channel them out. Hopefully nothing, but it's a strange bug.

Edit: No object seems to be left behind from removing the buggy floors, nor does channeling them seem to cause any adverse effect. Just a weird bug, hard to explain it...

[ December 02, 2007: Message edited by: Lightning4 ]

Entropy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Constructions leaving adjectiveless floor spaces
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2007, 07:29:00 pm »

If you have several levels of constructed walls, and you remove a wall, you will see a 'floor' that is the top of the constructed wall one z level down.